3 requests for the final release

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Seph_VII
Totally hardly posted

3 requests for the final release

Unread post by Seph_VII » March 20th, 2008, 10:59 pm

I realize that I am in no position to ask anything of you guys, and I am incredibly thankful for everything you have done, but I have 3 things I would love to have in the final version.

1. Better voice quality. It might just be me, but the voice quality could be better. I imagine it has to do with the conversion from the encrypted PS2 file.
2. Better Linux compatibility. Certainly it\s better now than before(It could hardly be worse than 1.0a) but would it really be so hard to find a tester who owned a Linux box and could test it for compatibility with Wine?
3. The final ending. As I am sure you know, Realta Nua has a secret ending, only unlocked after completing all 3 routes. Seeing that you have already made us all import it, I would like an option to install this final ending from the PS2 game. :wink:

If these 3 requests are granted, I think we would finally have the ultimate version of Fate, maybe even better than any released in Japan. God knows we deserve it by now though...

Again, thank you very much for translating the best bishoujo games I have ever played, and for always finishing your projects. :)
Lastly, is there a Walkthrough for UBW? I can't find any. Thanks.
-Added after seeing this post-
4. Not high priority, but it would certainly be nice to have all the RN CGs added. Of course, the uncensored ones present in F/SN shouldn't be replaced, we should just add the ones exclusive to RN.
Last edited by Seph_VII on March 29th, 2008, 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Brizzle » March 20th, 2008, 11:00 pm

Don't forget the additional CGs from Realta Nua.

Not sure if it's possible, though. I'm kind of retarded when it comes to these kinds of things.

Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Kanzar » March 20th, 2008, 11:21 pm

If this was possible, it would make Japanese otaku learn English just to be able to play FSN and FSN:RN on the computer. :D Either that or they would approach you guys for how you did it and just do a Japanese version of it.

IMHO, it would be difficult - this would be a difficult task for the company who actually made the game, so how much harder do you think it would be to get a not-for-profit group to spend hours on this task, when all of them have responsibilities outside of this?

Could be an interesting project, but I wouldn't expect to see this being seriously worked on until more of the 'In Progress' projects have an initial release.

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » March 21st, 2008, 12:10 am

So you are basically asking for a port of RN?
if you have RN just play it in your ps2, why did you buy it in the first place? am i right? am i right? =p

Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Brizzle » March 21st, 2008, 12:15 am

Thinking about it, that's probably true. Well, I'd play RN if there was an English version available.

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » March 21st, 2008, 12:27 am

Brizzle wrote:Thinking about it, that's probably true. Well, I'd play RN if there was an English version available.
You could just answered "i bought it to import the voices" =P

but, seriously a realta nua port is just too complex and it would take too much time, especially to test.
I would rather read HF soon...

I don't care for additions, i like my FSN as it is >.>
Last edited by Shikiller on March 21st, 2008, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seph_VII
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Seph_VII » March 21st, 2008, 12:29 am

Brizzle wrote:Don't forget the additional CGs from Realta Nua.

Not sure if it's possible, though. I'm kind of retarded when it comes to these kinds of things.
I'm not an expert at all, but from what I can see, all you would have to do is extract the additional CGs, including the ones used for the secret ending, from the DVD, then build the ending yourself as an additional option in the main menu, only opened when all three routes have been completed.

Adding the additional CGs to their various locations shouldn't be too hard either, just takes time.
Shikiller wrote:So you are basically asking for a port of RN?
if you have RN just play it in your ps2, why did you buy it in the first place? am i right? am i right? =p
...because t's in Japanese? I bought it for the voices, obviously.

Also, I'm asking not for a port of RN, but for a sort of "ultimate edition," with all the h-scenes and other stuff intact, but with all the benefits of the PS2 port.
Shikiller wrote:
Brizzle wrote:Thinking about it, that's probably true. Well, I'd play RN if there was an English version available.
You could just answered "i bought it to import the voices" =P

but, seriously a realta nua port is just too complex and it would take too much time, especially to test.
I would rather read HF soon...

I don't care for additions, i like my FSN as it is >.>
Obviously, they could do this post-v3. Or, if they have some programmers who can't help with the translation, have them extract and build the "additions."
Last edited by Seph_VII on March 21st, 2008, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 21st, 2008, 12:30 am

Honestly I bought RN by accident because I was a dumbass and didn't notice the big "PS2" at the top. So I then ended up buying the DVD version of FSN as well.

But I still keep the voices off because well...I hate Shirou's voice (boo Ishida) and I have my own imagination telling me what Rin and Rider sound like :oops: .
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer

Seph_VII
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Seph_VII » March 21st, 2008, 12:34 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Honestly I bought RN by accident because I was a dumbass and didn't notice the big "PS2" at the top. So I then ended up buying the DVD version of FSN as well.

But I still keep the voices off because well...I hate Shirou's voice (boo Ishida) and I have my own imagination telling me what Rin and Rider sound like :oops: .
I also don't like Shirou's voice, but I like the female cast.

Anyway, how come there's no "remove all male voices" option? xD There usually is one.

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » March 21st, 2008, 12:38 am

Seph_VII wrote:
Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Honestly I bought RN by accident because I was a dumbass and didn't notice the big "PS2" at the top. So I then ended up buying the DVD version of FSN as well.

I also don't like Shirou's voice, but I like the female cast.

Anyway, how come there's no "remove all male voices" option? xD There usually is one.
What??? no manly Lancer's and Archer's voice? And Kotomine Kirei voice actor is epic

Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Kansho » March 21st, 2008, 12:41 am

All the voices are good though. All of they have awesome moments of voice acting (even Shirou yes! He has very good "machine-like" moments. Wait and you will see.)

I think that the seiyuus made a awesome work.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 21st, 2008, 12:45 am

Haha yeah. I also enjoy thinking up a whiney, squirmy, bitchy voice for that faggot, Shinji. Not like say...nerdy type but that type of voice that just says "I've got a 2 incher, but I'll try to act tough and rape any and everyone I can get my hands on." Yeah...I don't like him.

But it has been so long since I've watched the crappy anime that I don't even remember what anyone's seiyuu sound like (well, besides Shirou's, since his seiyuu is also Ishida's and even though I stopped watching Bleach almost 2 years ago it still sticks).

/rant
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer

Seph_VII
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Seph_VII » March 21st, 2008, 12:51 am

Shikiller wrote:
What??? no manly Lancer's and Archer's voice? And Kotomine Kirei voice actor is epic
Lol, it was a joke ;)
Kansho wrote:All the voices are good though. All of they have awesome moments of voice acting (even Shirou yes! He has very good "machine-like" moments. Wait and you will see.)

Agreed, but it's hard to forget Ishida...

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » March 21st, 2008, 12:58 am

Meh, i don't really thing that the voices are worthy or necessary in a VN,in FSN case, most of the time they are just talking normally,and taiga is especially annoying. it's amusing to heard them when they have exaggerate reactions, tough.

Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Brizzle » March 21st, 2008, 12:59 am

I've found that going through with the voices on makes me tend to read slower and I catch things I may have missed.

Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kiraiya » March 21st, 2008, 1:00 am

Seph_VII wrote:
Kansho wrote:All the voices are good though. All of they have awesome moments of voice acting (even Shirou yes! He has very good "machine-like" moments. Wait and you will see.)

Agreed, but it's hard to forget Ishida...
ISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ICHIIIIIIIGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ICHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...

Seph_VII
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Seph_VII » March 21st, 2008, 1:01 am

Brizzle wrote:I've found that going through with the voices on makes me tend to read slower and I catch things I may have missed.
Same here. it also adds a lot of immersion, and makes me enjoy the game more because I take it slow.

I'm a fast reader so handicaps like this help.

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » March 21st, 2008, 1:03 am

Seph_VII wrote:
Brizzle wrote:I've found that going through with the voices on makes me tend to read slower and I catch things I may have missed.
Same here. it also adds a lot of immersion, and makes me enjoy the game more because I take it slow.

I'm a fast reader so handicaps like this help.
You could just pay more attention while reading lol

Seph_VII
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Seph_VII » March 21st, 2008, 1:46 am

Apparently no one noticed my last question, so I'll ask again:

Is there a walkthrough for UBW?

Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Brizzle » March 21st, 2008, 1:56 am

I don't think so, but there is a flowchart that comes with the patch iirc.