So which ending do YOU like better? *spoilers*

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Which ending do you prefer?

True
82%
Good
18%

Total votes: 39

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

So which ending do YOU like better? *spoilers*

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 20th, 2008, 9:11 pm

I honestly prefer the true ending, since not only did I get it first but it just left a better taste in my mouth. Although is it possible to get the good ending before the true one?
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer

Alucard
Addict

Unread post by Alucard » March 20th, 2008, 9:31 pm

I just got the good end, Sunny Day, first, so yes.

I'm a huge, huge Saber fag, so I'll probably not like Brilliant Years better.

gokieks
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by gokieks » March 20th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Saber is far and away my favorite character from F/SN, but True Ending is still the better done ending.

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 20th, 2008, 9:50 pm

Yeah, to me the True ending felt more...arg hard to describe it..."complete" for lack of better terms. The "good" ending felt nice, and everything was happy...but it didn't feel real. The world doesn't work that way, whereas the true ending it just felt right. Similar to Arcueid's True/Good endings.

But either way, UBW >>>> Fate for me. Not very big on Saber. And considering Rider is my favorite servant...I can't way for HF :D

Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Undream » March 21st, 2008, 7:05 am

True ending
Even though i like saber the most of all heroines, i find it hard to believe she would stay so easily..
I mean, come on she doesnt stay in fate, and she is in love with him, then what the hell?
That said, i cant be bothered to get it (i actually just read a description of it xD)

Gamemasterdavey
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Gamemasterdavey » March 21st, 2008, 7:12 am

I voted for the good one; I liked both about the same but no one else voted for good so I figured I'd throw a wrench in the perfect score. I also enjoyed Ciel Good and Arcueid Good so I guess it's natural to like this one, since it's the same happy end for no good reason type ending :)

Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Henduluin » March 21st, 2008, 7:21 am

True.
Good route felt like I was cheating on Rin. Then again, knowing Rin she probably doesn't mind one bit as long as it's Saber.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.

Alucard
Addict

Unread post by Alucard » March 21st, 2008, 12:44 pm

Yeah, the True End was better done, but it was missing my precious Saber T_T

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 21st, 2008, 2:25 pm

Hah yeah...the fun thing about the good end is that Shirou is going to be one busy-lucky bastard...bawww how can he bag both Rin AND Saber??? :cry:

Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Henduluin » March 21st, 2008, 2:47 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:bawww how can he bag both Rin AND Saber??? :cry:
By being fictional.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.

Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Brizzle » March 21st, 2008, 3:18 pm

It doesn't hurt that Rin may want a little Saber action herself. :wink:

AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by AddleBoy » March 21st, 2008, 3:23 pm

Brizzle wrote:It doesn't hurt that Rin may want a little Saber action herself. :wink:
This interests me...

Must go find some Rin x Saber pics...

On topic:
I liked the True Ending more than the Good Ending. I feel that the True Ending just wrapped the story up better, while the Good Ending felt more like fan service. That is not to say I disliked the Good Ending, though, because of Saber, of course.
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 21st, 2008, 3:59 pm

Or you could always replay Fate for that happy little scene. But yeah...we all know deep down inside Rin is a dirty slut

oh shit I said something bad...God dammit...

*flees like a bat out of hell*

Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kiraiya » March 21st, 2008, 4:02 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Or you could always replay Fate for that happy little scene. But yeah...we all know deep down inside Rin is a dirty slut

Yah. The way you can tell is that she refuses to take her socks off. Only dirty sluts do that
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » March 21st, 2008, 5:05 pm

'Good' was... well, good. 'True' was what felt to me like the real ending of the scenario, and of the two I prefer 'True'. It just seemed wrong to me to have Saber around after the battle :\

And I <3 the flowchart... made things less of a pain when going back for Tiger Dojos :)
Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Or you could always replay Fate for that happy little scene. But yeah...we all know deep down inside Rin is a dirty slut

I'm too busy laughing at the 'Gates of Babylowned' comic thing to give chase, the whole Saber+Rin thing made me remember some of them and I couldn't not take a look again.

DtAndroid
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by DtAndroid » March 21st, 2008, 5:43 pm

I actually prefered the Good ending rather than the true one instead. For me, it sucks to have someone close to you disappear out of your life, I was rather elated that the 3 can be together(besides the extra bonuses Shirou will be getting).

True ending wrapped up what Shirou and Rin will be doing in the future, but man I still prefer happy reunions.

Personally still, I would have liked if Archer can stay by some means other than sucking souls and be there to guide Shirou to a path other than his own. Happy reunions ftw for me =)

Retsej
Addict

Unread post by Retsej » March 21st, 2008, 8:45 pm

The Good was indeed a happier ending, but it wasn't as "full" as the True Ending. As far as endings go, Saber
► Show Spoiler
. But I digress. I liked the True end a whole lot more. It felt like it fit in much better with the rest of the story.
I wanted Prester John, and Excalibur held by a moon-white arm out of a silent lake. I wanted to sail with Ulysses and with Tros of Samothrace and eat the lotus in a land that seemed always afternoon. I wanted the feeling of romance and the sense of wonder I had known as a kid. I wanted the world to be what they had promised me it was going to be, instead of the tawdry, lousy fouled-up mess it is.

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 22nd, 2008, 1:22 am

Well of course she's going to be shafted. Fate is HER route. She should stay like a good little girly in HER own damn route and not intervene in other people's routes, right? :wink:

Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Undream » March 22nd, 2008, 2:45 am

Then again (and this may be offtopic)
why Fate has only one goddamn ending?

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » March 22nd, 2008, 2:45 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Well of course she's going to be shafted. Fate is HER route. She should stay like a good little girly in HER own damn route and not intervene in other people's routes, right? :wink:
yeah. like rin doesn't interfere with other routes but hers... and caught the attention in saber's and sakura's routes... :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence