F/sn Bug Report [v2.0]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Ciel » March 28th, 2008, 3:57 pm

Mr. X wrote::shock: A feature? But but... but how come I can't even change the volume, and is so low I can hardly hear it :? Plus sometimes doen's even make sense the background music with what I'm reading :roll: But hey, at least now I know is not a bug nor a disc problem :P Thanks, Ciel!! :)

Well it's supposed to be a "tv theme", as in it plays when the characters watch tv as far as I remember. :P

It uses the sound effects engine for the volume, and it's very silent to begin with. In the music menu it's under sound effects, se002.

You usually don't watch the tv really loud especially when talking with others anyway. :o
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Liquidator » March 28th, 2008, 4:44 pm

here is another bug/error

UBW Day 14 after
saber gets contract with rin

And found bad text breaking in FSN route, its starts after saber dissappear and it continue to the end of Saber route.

In UBW when
caster holds Taiga as a hostage, when shirou comes back with rin to the house, in sayed words there is no |Taiga's| but | 's| ,the |Taiga| word is missing in every sentence it should be

FSN CD version
Voice Patch Added
Windows XP Pro SP2
GeForce 8600 GT 512 (NVidia 169.21 forceware driver)
4 GB RAM (available 3.5)
IntelCore 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.79 GHz
2x 400 GB Sata 2
Liquidator
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Balcerzak » March 30th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Here is the compilation of all of the voice-related bugs I noticed so far (I've currently played through everything you could get to without having beat Fate, and then just finally beat Fate). Things that have already been reported have been struck-through (my apologies if I missed some and double-report). All of my playthrough was on Autoread, so the reports of voice-skipping may be related to that. Whether or not you can fix that, or if there are some places where Autoread cannot be used to hear the voices is currently unknown to me. My display speed is 45 for new text, with a pause of 1300 between pages, and my delay speed for previously viewed text is 10.

Your operating system: Windows XP SP2
What version of Fate/stay night English you are using: 2.0
Whether you are using the CD or DVD version: CD version
Whether you are using the normal or voiced version: voiced
What version of video drivers you are using: Radeon IGP 34xM with Omega 2.6.25a

UBW route
5th Day: Breakfast-Way to school "Everyday(II)"
(during breakfast)
Problem: Audio files say "foruku ya knifu" and "knifu to foruku", while the text says fork and spoon

Tiger Dojo 16
Problem: Voice Rin0525_DRN_0030 not found
Note: It's just ..... that Rin would be saying

Fate route
4th Day: Before noon "Saber(I)"
Line: "That's right. Even if you give a guy that has only used old guns a brand new weapon, he won't know how to use it."
Problem: unvoiced. Should it be?

4th Day: Afternoon "Saber's Circumstances" (from funny clothes)
Line: "...No. I'll prepare a separate room for Saber.
Um, I'll try to prepare one as close to mine as possible, so please be happy with that."
Problem: the whole voice segment plays while only the first line displays, then the second line displays to silence.

5th Day: Morning "Rose and hydrangea"
Line: "Just a honest opinion. Anyways, about Sakura. What should we do? I don't think she'll go home now.
...I'll make it clear now, but I won't allow Sakura to get involved."
Problem: second line is not voiced, but should be (or should it? If not the quote closer needs to be changed)

5th Day: Lunchtime "Matou Sakura(III)-The anger of the great devil"
Line: "It's not just a matter of dragging ordinary people into this mess.
Once this boundary field is activated, everyone in this school will die."
Problem: all of the voice occurs on the first line, and the second one displays in silence

5th Day: Question "Vela Gulf"
Line: "That thing is a concept that can nullify even a Noble Phantasm that destroys the world, if it is below an A ranking.
Berserker... Hercules is a heroic spirit with divinity. One can only affect a heroic spirit who has received the blood of Gods with a divine mystery of the same level."
Problem: The second half is unvoiced, should it be?

6th Day: School-Matou household "The fourth Master"
Line: "Huh? Geez, you really don't know anything, do you?
Look, it probably doesn't matter to you since your family is a hybrid,
but a magus of an old lineage only teaches his secret arts to one."
Problem: Voice problems, the second line occurs in silence, and the voice for it only comes in at the comma

6th Day: Night "Strategy Meeting. Should we challenge Ryudou temple?"
Line: "Ridiculous! Meeting with another Master by yourself, what are you thinking!?"
Problem: this line by Saber is unvoiced.

7th Day: Return home-Dinner "Shirou peeping incident: Prelude"
Line: "This was an accident. I wasn't trying to look at your naked body. No, I can't ask you to forgive me from the moment we met like this, so you can get angry at me."
Problem: only half of this seems voiced. Though, it might just be that Shirou is racing through things though, and my limited Japanese comprehension cannot follow it.

7th Day: After Dinner "Lectures on magic by Tohsaka-Sensei: What a Magic Crest is."
Line: "There's usually only one of an organ, so you can't give it away to numerous people or make copies of it.
There's no point in dividing the heart into two, right? Even if you separate it, it just stops functioning."
Problem: all of the voice occurs at the first line and second line is displayed silently

9th Day: Afternoon "Blood Temple-VS Rider(I)"
(phone call)
Line: "Hey Emiya. It seems you're absent again today. Are you sick or something?"
Problem: voiced line cuts out halfway through

Line: "Hey, I'm asking you, Emiya. Is Tohsaka there or not?"
Problem: voiced line cuts out halfway through

Line: "That's your own fault. Oh, and if you tell Tohsaka, I'll really end our friendship. I let you go about Sakura until now. You can at least fulfill your duty as a friend in the end, right?"
Problem: phone hanging up sfx occur in the middle of Shinji's voiced line

(school)
Line: "Talk? That starts now. I have to show Tohsaka which one of us is superior, and I also have to apologize for lying to you. See I didn't tell you, but I'm the one that set up the boundary field at school."
Problem: voicing issues. As soon as "See I didn't [...]" shows up whatever's currently being voiced is aborted and that begins being voiced.

Line: "The only one who can decide whether or not to stop it is me, and if you want it stopped, isn't it logical to at least kneel and beg to me?
Geez, you and Fujimura, you guys don't know your positions."
Problem: all the voice occurs on the first line, and the second is displayed in silence

VS Rider(I) "Crazy Train"
Line: "...Or what? Were you lying when you said you constructed this boundary field to protect yourself, and you actually constructed this to beat the other Masters?"
Problem: voicing cuts out around lying, I believe

Line: "----This is it, Shinji. If you won't get rid of your Command Spell, I'll have that arm cut off. I hear you'll lose your right to be a Master if that happens."
Problem: voicing cuts out after "arm cut off"

10th Day: Awakening-Morning "Strategy meeting"
Line: "I cannot ignore what you have just said.
What did you just say you are going to do?"
Problem: first line is not voiced

Tiger Dojo 6
Line: Taiga-Then is she off having a fun time with Shirou on her canopy bed right now?
Liz-...There was an event CG like that at one point. ...But I heard it was taken away due to special circumstances.
Taiga-What? Did it happen to be ero-ero!?
Liz-...Yes, ero-ero.
Problem: All unvoiced. I only report this because in Tiger Dojo 7 (I believe) Rin mentions an 'H scene' in a voiced segment, if memory serves me correctly.

VS Rider(II) "Sword of Promised Victory"
Line: She is only her master's sword now, and exists only to defeat the enemy.
"Go, Rider!
That girl first! Don't leave even a piece of her behind...!"
Problem: All of the voicing happens at once, and the second line appears in silence.

Line:I hear a scream.
Something is burning in the background.
"---Who's there!?"
I look in that direction.
Problem: line unvoiced

10th Day: Bedtime "Reparation for victory"
Line: "I'll let you decide. Saber will calm down if she sleeps, but her limit is still near.
If you're going to make a decision, make one by the next time we get attacked."
Problem: second line is unvoiced

11th Day: Einzbern Castle lobby "A distant back"
Line: "Yeah. Buying you some time is fine, but----
You won't mind if I beat that thing, right?"
Problem: voicing problem, only get the "Yeah" and then the second half

11th Day: Ruins in the forest "Boy meets girl & girl"
Line:"...Well, I guess it won't crumble any more than it already has."
Problem: unvoiced

Line: "Shirou, this way. We have to lie Saber down.
It's pretty tiring being held by someone."
Problem: voicing issues, all at once, second line displays in silence

Line: "...Yes, since Shirou carried me here.
It seems I can still sustain my body."

Line: "It's been an hour. We should have a bit more time even if Ilyasviel comes after us immediately.
...No, we might be able to hide here until morning if they have trouble finding us."

Line: "...That may be true.
But is there a way to heal Saber? ...I hate to say it, bu I don't think there's any way to heal Saber here."
Problem: unvoiced (and Rin's next one still is, so it shouldn't be H-related missingness)

Line: "Hey now, Tohsaka. Have you forgotten? The problem is, I can't do that kind of magical energy replenishment."
Problem: unvoiced (and Rin's next one still is, so it shouldn't be H-related missingness)

Line: "There is one more method other than the sharing magic to give magical energy to your Servant.
Back then... well, I didn't say anything because I didn't think it would end like this."
Problem: all voice happens on first line, second displays silently

VS Berserker "Developing means"
"Damnit---damn, damn, damn...!"

Tiger Dojo 8
Line: Ilya--Auuu...! Why did you do a full swing on me, Taiga!? Did I do something bad!?
Problem: voicing cuts out for part of it

VS Berserker "And thus I pray, Unlimited Blade Works"
Line: ----That is a mistake as well.
Emiya Shirou is not made for fighting.
Your fight is a mental fight, a fight with yourself.
Problem: All of the previous Archer voice flashbacks were voiced, but this one isn't

12th Day: Morning-noon "Training swordsmanship-Saber still acting strangely"
Line: "I'm telling you no.
Tell her, Saber. Training with you is our daily routine."
"There is nothing for me to say. It is you that brought Ilyasviel here.
It is your role to persuade her and it is not within my obligations"
Problem: voicing troubles. Both of Shirou's are voiced at the first line. Saber's final line is voiced during Shirou's second (before the page change), her other lines is displayed correctly, but then her final line displays silently

Line: "I see. But is that really from your skill?
"You lost your balance lots of times, but it seemed like Saber was overlooking it on purpose..."
Problem: all of Ilya's voicing occurs at once, and final line is displayed in silence.

Lunchtime "Brave leader hungry-heart"
Line: "...Sorry. I wasn't thinking about that.
You're right. If the Master can't replenish your magical energy, you have to take in magical energy yourself."
Problem: voicing trouble, doesn't seem to play the whole thing

Tiger Dojo 9
Line: Taiga--G-good evening, everyone! This is the Q&A session to help Shirou when he dies easily from a simple mistake, the Tiger Dojo!
Problem: this line is voiced by Ilya-chan _not_ Taiga

Morning in the ruins: "Boy meets girl(IV)"
"I will not be able to maintain my body if I use it."
Saber said that.
Problem: voice line cuts out early on autoplay.

5th Day: Lunchtime "Tohsaka Rin(IV)"
Line: '-------Rejoice Emiya Shirou. Your wish-'
"----!"
I shake my head and deny the words I remember.
Problem: voice cuts out after only "Yorokonde Emiya Shirou"

4th Day: Afternoon "Saber's Circumstances" (from "ask true name")
Line: "...No. I'll prepare a separate room for Saber.
Um, I'll try to prepare one as close to mine as possible, so please be happy with that."
Problem: the whole voice segment plays while only the first line displays, then the second line displays to silence.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby james-skarz » April 2nd, 2008, 12:07 pm

Ciel reported this voice bug AGES ago, but I still think I need a clear answer from the staff.

Windows XP SP2
Fate Stay Night English v2.0 (UBW Patch)
CD Version
Voiced
NVidia GeForce FX 5200, Driver version:6.14.11.6921

// Day 15: End of Battle - Answer / When Shirou sees his future while fighting Archer, he begins to learn the chant to 'Unlimited Blade Works'. An error message arises that says that the voice files cannot be found, exact errors saying 'Voice "RIN1427_ARC_0060" not found'; 'Voice "RIN1427_ARC_0070" not found'; 'Voice "RIN1427_ARC_0080" not found';'Voice "RIN1427_ARC_0090" not found';'Voice "RIN1427_ARC_0100" not found';'Voice "RIN1427_ARC_0110" not found'; 'Voice "RIN1427_ARC_0120" not found' All of these correspond with the lines. I believe he's meant to say the lines there, even though there's no quotation. Apart from that I can't say much more. If the error isn't with the patch it might be with my Realta Nua disc, as may be the case.

So yeah, hoping for a resolution there, otherwise I'll wait for the next patch ^_^.

Peace out!

P.S Whether this is a bug or not (which I think it is), when Archer is simply 'swinging his sword' at Shirou, he's swinging the sword but every time it's swung (and the 'swing' CG comes on) the 'block' sound doesn't appear in the voiced version (while Archer's talking and swinging at the same time), even when the voice has stopped completely, yet the 'block' sound plays in the unvoiced version. (I got Realta Nua after getting the F/SN 2.0 patch, go figure :P). It does play again when he knocks Shirou away.
LEADER OF THE GARSERKERS!!! ^_^
james-skarz
Addict

Unread postby Vinn » April 3rd, 2008, 6:39 am

Just wanted to post that I also have the read disc problem during installation. Thanks for all the hard work and can't wait for the update. :D
Vinn
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sarkwalvein » April 3rd, 2008, 6:49 am

In the UBW route, 6th Day: Matou Household...

Text is written over text and voices go one after another without any pause..
sarkwalvein
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Grey » April 4th, 2008, 4:10 pm

Message wrote:To all the people with the first pressing of Realta Nua: We need a copy of this first pressing in order to test it! If you have a decent internet connection, please come to the IRC channel and we will work out how you can upload an image to us.

Do you still need a copy of this? If so, I own it and can make an image this weekend (pm me what format/archive size you want) and can upload on Monday (4/7). I'd love to have voices without having to re-buy.
Grey
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Wrandral » April 5th, 2008, 10:37 am

hi mine isn't a voice bug (i don't have RN now so i didn't instal it) but the game doesn't answer suddenly right in the prologue when kid rin understand that her father will die.
I don't understand why the game suddenly freeze but can you help me ( ah your work is awesome ^^ i played with your tsukihime patch too it roxx)
Wrandral
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 7th, 2008, 3:33 am

I got an annoying problem today...

Yesterday i got a BSOD while playing F/SN. To be exact, while i was saving a game....

Today when i boot my computer and open F/SN. While trying to load the game, this pop-up out of nowhere.....

The status screen still contain all the things already known, and so does the weapon screen. When i played and chose to skipped all the read parts, it did. So that means all the save data are still intact, it's just the LOAD screen won't open.

Also, when i played the game, the same thing goes with the SAVE button. it won't open and showing the exactly same message.

Any help please....
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby shadowrift » April 9th, 2008, 3:03 am

Windows Vista Ultimate
Fate 2.0
CD Version
Voiced (attempting, normal works fine)
nVidia Quadro FX 570M

Been getting this message as I try to install

Not sure what's going on. I've been using a DVD image file (before you get on your high horses and burn me at the stake, I own a proper version of the game, but for some reason the patch doesn't recognize it when I put it in the drive. I'm guessing it's the version that doesn't work for some reason), that I know someone else used as well and got it to work.

Going to try and see if it works on my other comp running off of XP...

EDIT: Gave me the same problem on another comp, so I'm guessing its not a computer issue... I suppose I'll wait for you guys to come out with a version that works with the older versions of Realta Nua...

EDIT 2: No matter what I seem to do, on whatever computer I use... the install hangs on patch5.xp3. Could someone clarify what this file is and where it's located? That might help me figure out just what I have that's faulty...
shadowrift
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Balcerzak » April 14th, 2008, 3:35 pm

Here is the second half of the compilation of all of the voice-related bugs I noticed so far (UBW patch entirely completed). Things that have already been reported have been struck-through. All of my playthrough was on Autoread, so the reports of voice-skipping may be related to that. Whether or not you can fix that, or if there are some places where Autoread cannot be used to hear the voices is currently unknown to me. My display speed is 45 for new text, with a pause of 1300 between pages, and my delay speed for previously viewed text is 10. Also, if some of the non-voiced segments are due to script changes outside of your control, I apologize for wasting your time on those reports.

UBW route
VS Tohsaka Rin "Panic sonic roller coaster"
Line: "Man! This is like giving a knife to--!"
"Hey, that's it!!"
Problem: Unvoiced.

7th Day: Rooftop "Tohsaka Rin(IV)"
Line: "So, how is it for you? Um, you started learning it from about eight years ago?"
Problem: 2nd sentence not voiced

7th Day: Blood fort "Go to first floor with Rin, Rider's death, Shinji's escape"
Line: "Ha-----haa, haa------!"
This is the third one already.

Line:"----So. Tell me if you saw it. That's the only value in you right now."
"-----Uh, uh------!"
Problem: Second line is unvoiced.

11th Day: Capsule "Hazy"
Line: "------Tohsaka."
"Goodbye. It was going to end up like this anyway. We'll be enemies next time we meet, Emiya-kun."
Problem: First line is unvoiced.

11th Day: Night, Building rooftop "Distance"
Line: "--------"
Problem: Voice RIN1116_RIN_0160 Not found

11th Day: Night, Building rooftop "Distance"
Line: Tohsaka turns and walks off.
"-----Stop, Tohsaka. But still-------"
Problem: Unvoiced

12th Day: Confrontation "Archer's betrayal"
Line: "Yes, you are right. You look like you have some plan.
But Archer, do you really think so? Do you think you can defeat me here like that girl thinks?"
Problem: Unvoiced

14th Day: Church underground temple "Reality Marble"
Line: "----This is it, Archer.
It might have been different if you were in perfect condition, but you cannot fight on with your depleted strength."
Problem: Second line unvoiced.

End of battle "Answer"
Line: ---I am the bone of my sword.
Problem: Voice RIN1427_ARC_0060 not found
Line: ---Steel is my body and fire is my blood.
Problem: Voice RIN1427_ARC_0070 not found
Line: ---I have created over a thousand blades.
Problem: Voice RIN1427_ARC_0080 not found
Line: Unknown to Death.
Problem: Voice RIN1427_ARC_0090 not found
Line: Nor known to Life.
Problem: Voice RIN1427_ARC_0100 not found
Line: ---Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Problem: Voice RIN1427_ARC_0110 not found
Line: ---Yet those hands will never hold anything.
Problem: Voice RIN1427_ARC_0120 not found
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Patch overwrites saves

Unread postby Aust » April 20th, 2008, 5:39 pm

A couple days ago I got a weird error about not being able to find a file in data.xp3 (most likely caused by me trying to extract the files and look through them). Anyways, I didn't have a backup, so I just decided to reinstall. I made sure to keep my save files, but forgot to re-patch it before restarting the game. I realized immediately that it wasn't patched so I shut it off and patched it, but the patch seems to have replaced the system save file that I already had from before, with the one that was made when I started it without the patch. I still have my individual saves, but I had to skip through the prologue and everything that I had unlocked was reset.
Aust
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Miitan » April 22nd, 2008, 4:38 pm

Having problems with the Realta Nua installation although it's my own fault.

Without going into too much detail, my first installation was using the 3 CD version.

Flash forward to yesterday when my DVD version was delivered and after backing up my save games, I uninstalled the game to reinstall it.

The voice patch will now either cause the PC to BSOD or run out of resources.

I've so far tried everything but uninstall AntiVir (Virus Scanner) without luck.

Now I think it MIGHT be due to AntiVir as the previous version (there was a version update between the 2 installations) allowed the installation to go ahead normally but what I did notice while watching Task Manager for a while was that the patcher seemed to be gradually using all available RAM and not freeing any up between voice files. Eventually all the resources were taken up and the PC either BSODed or became unusable.

Not sure if this is something to look into but thought I'd bring it up.

Also it now no longer patches with the CD version either just in case it was a DVD specific bug.

WinXP SP2
Version 2 patch
DVD (and CD now)
Voiced
Catalyst 8.3
Miitan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » April 22nd, 2008, 9:16 pm

Temporarily disable the antivirus... If you're paranoid, you can disconnect yourself from the net while installing.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Miitan » April 22nd, 2008, 9:51 pm

Did that last try, it comes up with a voice file error now.

Hmm.
Miitan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » April 22nd, 2008, 10:08 pm

Which print of Realta Nua do you have?
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Miitan » April 22nd, 2008, 10:59 pm

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but where do i find which print it is?
Miitan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » April 23rd, 2008, 1:44 am

Message wrote:This is interesting. Can you people do the following for me?
start/run/cmd
dir f:\ /s >c:\rndir.txt
(where f:\ is the root directory of your DVD-ROM drive, with the Realta Nua disc loaded)
exit
open explorer, browse to c:\, and pm the contents of rndir.txt to me?

Thanks in advance.

That's supposed to put out your game ID. I'm not quite sure which ID the supported print has, because... well... I'm not at home. :oops: Can someone else take over from here?
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Miitan » April 23rd, 2008, 2:01 am

Ignore the last few posts I've found out what it is.

ATI Catalyst 8.3 + Voice Patch = BSOD or 'Voice Not Found' error.

Why? Who knows but 8.2 does work in the meantime.

EDIT: 8.4 is out too but I'm not gonna tempt Fate (pun not intended).
Miitan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ilceren » May 2nd, 2008, 7:01 pm

This bug has already been reported, but I have a bit more of info, so here it is. (I run Windows XP, CD version, no voices)
When you install the UBW patch, it copies the previous save files to a new one inside the game folder, then erases the save files folder (located in the folder "My documents" of the user). Well, in my case, I had TWO save files folders (fate_savedata, from the original version, and fate_english_savedata, from the patched version), so the instaler decided for the first one mentioned, copied it and erased it.
Ilceren
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat