F/sn Bug Report [v2.0]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Helios » May 21st, 2008, 3:40 am

I found quite a few encoding errors in many script files. Mostly around [wrap text=""]s
Code: Select all
ERROR: Unrecognized text command ("[wrap tͥxt="You"]") in file "data/セイバールート十一日目-18.ks", line 776.
ERROR: Unrecognized text command ("[wrap tͥxt="But."]") in file "data/セイバールート十三日目-00.ks", line 697.
ERROR: Unrecognized text command ("[wͲap text="that"]") in file "data/セイバールート十三日目-07.ks", line 719.
ERROR: Unrecognized text command ("[ͷrap text="leave"]") in file "data/セイバールート十三日目-11.ks", line 597.

A closer inspection at the hex reveals this:
Code: Select all
005B 0077 0072 0061 0070 0020 0074 0365 0078 0074 003D 0022 0059 006F 0075 0022 005D
   [    w    r    a    p         t    ?    x    t    =    "    Y    o    u    "    ]

(Note: my report inverted the endianness.)
Is this intentional? (Doesn't seem like it, although you never know.)
User avatar
Helios
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 9
Joined: June 27th, 2007, 1:49 am
Location: Argentina

Unread postby TheMAN » May 25th, 2008, 4:21 am

So far, I've only had this problem in UBW.
Just when Tohsaka is about to shoot Kuzuki with a Gandr shot, these errors pop up, and continue in various parts of the first "Caster/Kuzuki fight".
So far, it hasn't happened after that, but I'd like these problems fixed. When these errors occur, the voices and text freeze and no longer appear. I'm capable of right-clicking and loading my previous point during the error, and bypassing the error by skipping with CTRL. I think this may be a voice problem.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/Da ... WError.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/Da ... Error2.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/Da ... Error3.jpg

- Your operating system: Windows XP SP2.
- What version of Fate/stay night English you are using: Version 2.0 (Latest UBW patch)
- Whether you are using the CD or DVD version: CD
- Whether you are using the normal or voiced version: Voiced.
- What version of video drivers you are using: I honestly don't know which drivers I'm using, but I know I have the latest and my video card is an EVGA 8600 GTS Brand.
TheMAN
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 7
Joined: September 8th, 2007, 6:07 pm

Unread postby plaid_knight » May 25th, 2008, 4:47 pm

I get an error on [spoiler text=14th day/night - my temporary dream. Right after the part where Saber has a happy experience and throws out her limbs][/spoiler] a blank error message pops up with the word OK. If I click around it, the in-game text completely disappears and will not reappear. Holding down ctrl or bringing up the menu to click past it do not allow me to circumvent this error by skipping past the scene. Everything had operated perfectly up to that point. It is rather troubling - if I cannot end Fate, I will not be able to enjoy UBW or Heaven's Feel.


- Your operating system: Windows XP SP2.
- What version of Fate/stay night English you are using: Version 2.0 (Latest UBW patch)
- Whether you are using the CD or DVD version: CD
- Whether you are using the normal or voiced version: Voiced.
- What version of video drivers you are using: Driver version 6.14.10.4396 for Intel 82865G Graphics controller.

Edit/Update//: I am going to reinstall Fate without the voice patch to see if I can get around this block. If I can beat Fate, I'll use my ps2 dvd to install the voices ....
Edit/Update///: I got around the block using the tactic I described above. I'll beat Fate and then reinstall the voices.
Edit/Update////: Now my machine won't recognize my Realta Nua DVD ... :x It says it cannot find the dvd in any of the drives I place it in.
plaid_knight
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 1
Joined: May 25th, 2008, 4:33 pm

Unread postby TheMAN » May 30th, 2008, 3:07 am

Why hasn't anybody replied to this yet?

Also, I'm getting more problems.

This is after the date between Rin, Shirou and Saber. They're back at Shirou's house and Caster is blackmailing them with Fuji-Nee's life. The problem here is that the text is incapable of reading Fuji-Nee's life in some parts, and it's becoming very annoying. Here are the links:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/Da ... e/fuji.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/Da ... /fuji2.jpg


Yeah, can you guys please figure something out? It seems like you guys released UBW a little too early.
TheMAN
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 7
Joined: September 8th, 2007, 6:07 pm

Unread postby ArchDemon » May 31st, 2008, 10:30 am

That's normal. The original Japanese had the same thing. Missing words and all.
User avatar
ArchDemon
Executive Director
 
Posts: 343
Joined: August 18th, 2006, 7:47 am

Unread postby Einherjar » June 5th, 2008, 8:32 pm

Not a bug, but when I installed F/SN on my new vista pc and started clean with it, it displayed UBW scene for some reason and it didn't happen before (not until I cleared Fate route) and I'm just wondering why.
User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away

Unread postby Gergoth » June 27th, 2008, 5:11 pm

I just got this game in the mail, and I'm having some trouble even starting this thing!

Okay, I'm having a problem. It's at the "Locate CD/DVD" portion...

1.) It says "Please Specify the Location of the Japanese CD or DVD", so, I placed the game disk in my drive, and hit next (it's currently under "D:Y", the Y is a yen symbol btw) Then I hit next... it now says "Could not find the Jaoanese Game disk at the specified location. Please insert the CD/DVD of Fate/Stay Night (the PC version) into your CD/DVD rom drive and enter the full path to it's root directory, for example E:Y", Y as in the yen symbol...

2.)So, what do I do now? I put the disk in the top of my two drives, did I type in the right one? Is there a list of possible drives I can type into? I tried the D:Y and the E:Y, is there any more full path root diectory things I can type in? I wasn't having any problems up until this,lol!



I'm very computer illiterrate, so I don't know much about why this is happening, but here are some of the specs that I know of as of now...


- Your operating system-Xp, I assume this is what you're talking about.
- What version of Fate/stay night English you are using=Version 2 Patch
- Whether you are using the CD or DVD version=DVD
- Whether you are using the normal or voiced version=Normal
- What version of video drivers you are using= I have no idea,lol. Though this computer is reletively new, so it shouln't be outdated!

Also, I set the Unicode to read Japanese, was I suppose to do that?



I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, so any type of help would be great
Gergoth
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 15
Joined: June 27th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Unread postby Einherjar » June 27th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Well, Why don't you try installing the game, then use the translation patch if it doesn't work out for you?
User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away

Unread postby Gergoth » June 27th, 2008, 6:40 pm

Einherjar wrote:Well, Why don't you try installing the game, then use the translation patch if it doesn't work out for you?


Well, that's another problem. I placed the game into the drive, but nothing pops up saying how to install it! I switched back the Unicode to English, so now the drives says "E:/" instead of that Yen symbol (when i use the patch), but I'm still having the same problem...

So, if anyone can possible give me a step-by-step list on how they installed it, it would be greatly appreciated. Do I have to install the game itself first, then the patch? Or do i do both when I load up the patch to begin with? Yes, that's how bad I am with computers.

Well, I'm going to take a quick break from this till either later today or tomorrow, and I'll try to get some specific specs on the computer (maybe that could be a problem...). So, if anyone has any type of information based on what I posted, please share! I'm hyped to play this, so this setback is a little annoying...
Gergoth
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 15
Joined: June 27th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Unread postby Raitei » June 27th, 2008, 7:30 pm

Gergoth wrote:Well, that's another problem. I placed the game into the drive, but nothing pops up saying how to install it! I switched back the Unicode to English, so now the drives says "E:/" instead of that Yen symbol (when i use the patch), but I'm still having the same problem...

So, if anyone can possible give me a step-by-step list on how they installed it, it would be greatly appreciated. Do I have to install the game itself first, then the patch? Or do i do both when I load up the patch to begin with? Yes, that's how bad I am with computers.
I think the former ( as in, installing the game first and then the translation patch ) is advisable. btw, did the autorun of the dvd show up or not? if it didn't, something must be wrong with your dvd drive / game dvd.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Gergoth » June 27th, 2008, 7:52 pm

Raitei wrote:
Gergoth wrote:Well, that's another problem. I placed the game into the drive, but nothing pops up saying how to install it! I switched back the Unicode to English, so now the drives says "E:/" instead of that Yen symbol (when i use the patch), but I'm still having the same problem...

So, if anyone can possible give me a step-by-step list on how they installed it, it would be greatly appreciated. Do I have to install the game itself first, then the patch? Or do i do both when I load up the patch to begin with? Yes, that's how bad I am with computers.
I think the former ( as in, installing the game first and then the translation patch ) is advisable. btw, did the autorun of the dvd show up or not? if it didn't, something must be wrong with your dvd drive / game dvd.


Yep, no autorun at all. I placed the game in, waited...and waited...and waited, but nothing. It's like I didn't put anything in the drive in the first place! Is their any way to manually search for this bitch and get it to run? I'm sure their is, but, as I stated, I suck with these computers (I got to work on that, I really do...).

I'm going to try to contact a friend of mine who is far more knowledgeable than I am. Maybe he can shed some light on any potential computer issues. The game is brand new, and in mint condition, so I don't think that's the problem. But now that you mentioned a DVD drive issue, I'm going to get that checked out. Though I probably won't get an answer for a day or so...

This is really frustrating, I have the damn thing resting in front of me, it's right there! Yet it is so very far away, it's torture. :(
Gergoth
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 15
Joined: June 27th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Unread postby rubberchicken » June 27th, 2008, 9:34 pm

If you have an older DVD-ROM drive, it may not be able to read newer DVDs - although I don't know how the DVD version of F/SN is made. A year ago I bought Tomb Raider: Anniversary and encountered pretty much the same symptoms you're reporting. I spent a good two hours blowing out my DVD drive, cracking the case and taking the drive out, cleaning it, putting it back in, wiggling the cables, etc... and then looked at the box and realized that the game required a 4X DVD-ROM drive. I ended up having to make an ISO of the game on my laptop, archive it, move it to my 2002 desktop PC, install it using Alcohol 120%, and get a no-DVD patch online.
rubberchicken
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 183
Joined: May 14th, 2007, 5:31 pm

Unread postby Serpentarius » June 27th, 2008, 11:15 pm

Gergoth wrote:Yep, no autorun at all. I placed the game in, waited...and waited...and waited, but nothing. It's like I didn't put anything in the drive in the first place! Is their any way to manually search for this bitch and get it to run? I'm sure their is, but, as I stated, I suck with these computers (I got to work on that, I really do...).

I'm going to try to contact a friend of mine who is far more knowledgeable than I am. Maybe he can shed some light on any potential computer issues. The game is brand new, and in mint condition, so I don't think that's the problem. But now that you mentioned a DVD drive issue, I'm going to get that checked out. Though I probably won't get an answer for a day or so...

This is really frustrating, I have the damn thing resting in front of me, it's right there! Yet it is so very far away, it's torture. :(
You should be able to go to the Start menu, and open up "My Computer" (At least I think that's what it's called on an XP. I have a Satanbox Vista, myself - which the installer works fine on, thanks, Message ;)). From there, you should be able to open any of your drives, including whatever your CD drive happens to be. When you find the disc there, I think you can "run autorun.exe" or somesuch. If that doesn't work, I have no idea what would.
User avatar
Serpentarius
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 57
Joined: March 17th, 2008, 11:24 pm

Unread postby Message » June 28th, 2008, 5:59 am

Gergoth wrote:I just got this game in the mail, and I'm having some trouble even starting this thing!

Are you sure you don't have a bootleg copy?

(By the way, about the backslash/Yen thing, they're the same. On Japanese windows, backslash \ is shown as a Yen sign, that's all. They're completely the same character.)
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby Gergoth » June 28th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Message wrote:
Gergoth wrote:I just got this game in the mail, and I'm having some trouble even starting this thing!

Are you sure you don't have a bootleg copy?

(By the way, about the backslash/Yen thing, they're the same. On Japanese windows, backslash \ is shown as a Yen sign, that's all. They're completely the same character.)


It's legit, I purchased off himeyashop.

So, my friend came over an analysed the computer, and gave me the news... my DVD-rom drive is pretty much fried (how it happened, I'll never know...). He tried some of his own DVD-rom based media, and nothing worked, hence why their was no autorun, and I couldn't do it manually like Serpentarius said, because nothing showed up on the drive. Now, when I placed the disk into his labtop, the autorun immediatly started, and the install process popped up on the screen. That being said, I'm just glad to know that the problem wasn't with the game, but with my PC itself.

So, he's pretty much going to lend me one of his spare labtops (until I muster the funds to replace this drive, or perhaps the whole damn computer itself...), so, once I get that, I'll be trying the install again and hopefully it will work. If I come across any other problems (or better yet, success!) I'll be sure to post it here.!
Gergoth
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 15
Joined: June 27th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Unread postby Gergoth » July 1st, 2008, 4:31 pm

Well, i tried it out on the labtop, and it's working perfectly! I've only gotten to the part where Rin summons Archer, but, so far, it has been amazing! Though I am a bit suprised that the Fate scenario started with Rin (I'm not compaining, though.)
Gergoth
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 15
Joined: June 27th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Unread postby Kansho » July 1st, 2008, 8:02 pm

Gergoth wrote:Well, i tried it out on the labtop, and it's working perfectly! I've only gotten to the part where Rin summons Archer, but, so far, it has been amazing! Though I am a bit suprised that the Fate scenario started with Rin (I'm not compaining, though.)
That's not Fate scenario, that was the prologue. It's outside of all the routes.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
User avatar
Kansho
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 740
Joined: May 9th, 2007, 12:16 pm

game freeze

Unread postby NonExistence » July 17th, 2008, 4:25 pm

hey this is a problem i've been having. installation and everything goes fine. game opens fine. no pop-ups. but...

every single time i play the game it'll spontaneously freeze at some point. and refuses to unfreeze. sounds will continue to play, but the screen won't respond. it'll say that CPU usage is 50%, and mem usage would freeze for every process running.

then i terminate the process and run again. it freezes again. only this time, it freezes even quicker than before.

by about this time, my explorer.exe starts malfunctioning and refuses to work properly. if i shut that off, something else starts breaking down and i end up restarting the computer. any way to solve this?

my computer uses windows xp service pack 2, installed using cd version, no realta nua voice patch. there's no screenshots because a screenshot of a frozen screen isn't all that helpful.
User avatar
NonExistence
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 239
Joined: August 17th, 2007, 5:12 pm
Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby myawn » July 26th, 2008, 11:15 pm

Well, i started, too, and have this problem :
When i start the game from Fate.exe, this error pops up and then a script window comes up

Windows XP, Using the 3CD version.
myawn
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: July 26th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Unread postby DarkRedSky » July 26th, 2008, 11:40 pm

myawn wrote:Well, i started, too, and have this problem :
When i start the game from Fate.exe, this error pops up and then a script window comes up

Windows XP, Using the 3CD version.


I got that issue once. I changed the unicode to Japanese and it works fine now.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 286
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 12:07 am
Location: You tell me

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests