F/sn Bug Report [v2.0]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

F/sn Bug Report [v2.0]

Unread postby Message » March 16th, 2008, 11:18 am

This is a report thread for all the bugs, crashes and other technical problems you may find in Fate/stay night English.

Describe the problem short and clearly and state if you can reproduce the problem and how. Also supply the following:
- Your operating system
- What version of Fate/stay night English you are using
- Whether you are using the CD or DVD version
- Whether you are using the normal or voiced version
- What version of video drivers you are using

NOTE - Before you post a bug or technical error, search this thread to see if it hasn't already been reported.
NOTE - If there are blank spaces in the text, they are intentional! (especially those of you who report about Fuji-Nee and Caster scene)
NOTE - Yes, Berserker speaks in black lines
Last edited by Message on November 1st, 2008, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postby ToruHideo » March 16th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Don't know if this should go here but, I'm having problems installing the patch. When I choose the directory for the Realta Nua DVD the installer doesn't identify it and keeps asking to put it in the drive.

Before anyone asks, yes it is an original copy of the game, bought the day it was released.

I'm using Windows XP, trying to install over the 1.0 version of the english patch, btw.
ToruHideo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » March 16th, 2008, 5:02 pm

I have the same problem as Toru on my laptop.

This is weird because it worked fine on my desktop computer.

Both have Windows XP and version 1.0a of the patch already installed.
*edit* Also, it is the CD version of F/SN.

Are there specific files I can copy over from my desktop to laptop (already patched) so voices will work?
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Nathan Arcs » March 16th, 2008, 5:11 pm

Same here.

I've had Realta Nua since it came out, and it works fine on my PS2, but the installer doesn't recognize it as Realta Nua.

I'm using Windows XP, btw.
Nathan Arcs
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » March 16th, 2008, 5:26 pm

This is interesting. Can you people do the following for me?
start/run/cmd
dir f:\ /s >c:\rndir.txt
(where f:\ is the root directory of your DVD-ROM drive, with the Realta Nua disc loaded)
exit
open explorer, browse to c:\, and pm the contents of rndir.txt to me?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Message on March 16th, 2008, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postby Vinenz » March 16th, 2008, 5:30 pm

While playing the game the nView Desktop Manager will crash (One of Nvidia's driver software tools) with the following error(s). I seem to remember encountering system lockup's while playing the Fate arc a few months back. But, I haven't had the game lockup yet... it's just been causing the nView Desktop Manager to die. If I fast forward through the game this happens incredibly quickly; usually within 20-30 seconds.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: nview_info
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 3/16/2008
Time: 13:23:48
User: N/A
Computer: LENNETH
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : rundll32: Shared heap exhausted or damaged, process ID 634, total alloc:3fe98...

and

Event Type: Error
Event Source: nview_info
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 3/16/2008
Time: 13:23:47
User: N/A
Computer: LENNETH
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : rundll32: Shared heap almost exhausted (less than 2K left)...
Vinenz
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby chocorush » March 16th, 2008, 6:04 pm

The sound distorts for me when it's in full screen mode. I don't remember this happening when i read through fate, but I played that on an older computer that ran xp instead of vista (what I'm running now).
chocorush
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Pregar » March 16th, 2008, 6:44 pm

Is it normal, that Voice Patch takes 50 hours to install??? ("Estimated time remaining: 49.2 hour(s)") I tried install it from image file, but same speed :(
XP SP2, DVD version; AMD 3200+ (so I guess it's not because of my processor)

edit: I turned down Kerio firewall and now it's just about 3 hours ^__^
Last edited by Pregar on March 16th, 2008, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pregar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » March 16th, 2008, 8:18 pm

Never mind. Disregard my previous post. I just found out that the DVD-drive on my laptop is broken. It won't read any discs at all.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ciel » March 16th, 2008, 8:23 pm

During the
battle of Shiro vs Archer, when Shiro gets to see archer's past and his ubw chant is being said,
savefile title "End of battle - Answer" there are errors. Stuff like "Voice RIN1427_ARC_0090 not found."

The installation finished without problems (well at least it seemed that way. I went away while it was going and returned when it was already done). Other voices work, including archer's gasp in the exact same scene.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

How do I get the patch to recognize the game disc

Unread postby DarkFusion » March 16th, 2008, 8:38 pm

I'm trying to install the voice patch, but for some strange reason when I use the directory to select the disc's location the installer can't seem to find it. It says that it can't find the DVD and I have tried every way to make a specific path for it, but nothing happens. I know that the disc is being read as the auto read function works every time I put it into the disc drive.

Can anyone please tell me how to get this to work as I really want to play the game now with full voice acting (minus of course in the ero scenes)?
DarkFusion
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby phib » March 16th, 2008, 10:08 pm

Ciel wrote:During the savefile title "End of battle - Answer" there are errors. Stuff like "Voice RIN1427_ARC_0090 not found."

The funny thing is that those voices aren't in RN either.

I'm trying to install the voice patch, but for some strange reason when I use the directory to select the disc's location the installer can't seem to find it

It seems that the first copies had a different game id which we were not aware of. A fix will be released soon.
phib
Addict

Unread postby Link_74 » March 17th, 2008, 1:36 am

Just a small thing, letters that go under the line like q,y,p,g&j get the bottom cut off, not a huge problem just thought I should mention it.

Edit: Also noticed some letters seem higher or lower than others making the text seem slightly odd, maybe it was like this before and I got used to it.
Link_74
Might just like this board

Graphical Glitch - UBW Patch (Official Release)

Unread postby a_v » March 17th, 2008, 2:29 am

EDIT: OK, apparently this is how it was supposed to look. Who knew Berserker talked in Black Bars? Must be all XXX talk that is so dirty it had to be censored.

Seen Title - VS Berserker - Choice

Description:
Minor graphical glitch/text

Screenshot:
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... serdp9.jpg

Graphical Drivers: Omega Drivers
DVD Ed. Non-voice
ExtraInfo: Running with PowerStrip

(Note, rest of game has been working fine... Just reporting since it is minor. Thanks for the great patch.)
a_v
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Ciel » March 17th, 2008, 4:19 am

He just roars in those moments anyway. It's not like he says anything.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Re: How do I get the patch to recognize the game disc

Unread postby Message » March 17th, 2008, 6:02 am

DarkFusion wrote:I'm trying to install the voice patch, but for some strange reason when I use the directory to select the disc's location the installer can't seem to find it. It says that it can't find the DVD and I have tried every way to make a specific path for it, but nothing happens. I know that the disc is being read as the auto read function works every time I put it into the disc drive.

Can anyone please tell me how to get this to work as I really want to play the game now with full voice acting (minus of course in the ero scenes)?

Message wrote:This is interesting. Can you people do the following for me?
start/run/cmd
(where f:\ is the root directory of your DVD-ROM drive, with the Realta Nua disc loaded)
exit

Thanks in advance.

Re: How do I get the patch to recognize the game disc

Unread postby -[J1N]- » March 17th, 2008, 6:44 am

Message wrote:This is interesting. Can you people do the following for me?
start/run/cmd
exit

Thanks in advance.

I've the same problem as the rest of the people

I've tried doing this myself, but I can't seem to find the "start/run/cmd" to start with. I'm aware of the Start/Run command, but cannot find where the 'cmd' is.

Tried typing f:\ /s >c:\rndir.txt by itself, and of course, it didn't work =P.

I've gotten a few screenshots of what the game "DVD" looks like.

"My Computer" screen:

Inside the directory

As you can see, it's a DVD labeled 'CD drive', and the contents inside look normal. I tried burning it as an image in DVD format and running it there, but it doesn't make a difference, so the disc is definitely a DVD.

EDIT: I've figured it out the whole "run" thing (silly me). I've sent a private message to Message o.O
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nobaka » March 17th, 2008, 7:44 am

Not a bug or error message, but now that I have the 2.0 patch installed, the game is rather laggy. I know, it doesn't really matter, but things like the loading of the opening screen and any animations (scene transitions, a character appearing from the side of the screen, etc.), whereas in the 1.0a patch they were moving normally.

-Vista Home Premium
-Fate 2.0 English
-DVD version
-Normal (planning to upgrade to the voiced once I can afford RN, though)
-ATI Radeon XPress 7.14

*EDIT:*

Problem fixed. I had my computer's region set to Japanese so I could play other games without incident. I switched back to English, and everything seems to be running smoothly.
Last edited by nobaka on March 17th, 2008, 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Henduluin » March 17th, 2008, 7:56 am

Ok, so, right now I'm trying to install the voice patch again since the installer crashed at 96% last night. However, I keep getting "cannot read voice" errors. Last night I only got 3 in total, but I'm already up to 7 now and I'm at 47%.

Can this hurt and/or is there a way to fix this?

*update*

It happened again. A BSoD this time.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP 0_0000001D and some stuff I couldn't see because I forgot to set off the auto reboot.

:/

*edit 2*

I managed to make it work by completely uninstalling my antivirus app. (Panda 2007) Never had problems with it before...

*edit 3*

I also apparently have the same problem as the one above me. First 10 or so seconds, the game runs fine, then starts stuttering...

*edit 4...*

After a bit of playing, it looks like the stuttering can be solved, at least temporarily, by starting in windowed mode without Japanese locale, then switching to full screen. This way the game works fine for roughly an hour, at least for me. When it does kick in again, all you have to do is save and re-start the game in the same manner. Might be a tad tedious, but it works.
Last edited by Henduluin on March 17th, 2008, 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby paraalso » March 17th, 2008, 12:20 pm

I'm having some major problems with installing the patch as well. Every time I try to install, near the end I'll start getting "Can't read voice" error messages. On the last install try it happened around file 21760 of 29474. Clicking off the error message will cause it to move to the next one, but that one will give the same error message. I also had my system lock up when I left it there for a while.

Windows XP
Fate 2.0
DVD-version
Trying to install voiced version
Ati Catalyst 8.3

Edit: I tried installing again, and this time the error messages started at file 21784 or so. After pushing through a few hundred error messages, no other program works without a reboot either. When I tried to open the system from windows control panel, it complained about not having sufficient resources, and refused to open it.
paraalso
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat