F/sn Bug Report [v2.0]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Naouak » July 30th, 2008, 10:46 am

chocorush wrote:The sound distorts for me when it's in full screen mode. I don't remember this happening when i read through fate, but I played that on an older computer that ran xp instead of vista (what I'm running now).

I had the same problem on Vista. To fix it, I forced Vsync through my graphic drivers interface (an ATI) and now the game work like a charm.
Naouak
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby password » August 5th, 2008, 6:25 pm

Okay, here's what happens. If I keep skipping through the text and then reach a new scene and I am provided the skip option but keep pressing ctrl, the text and that skip scene disappears, there is a black rectangle that stays over the last displayed graphics and I can't do anything, I can't return back, nor proceed nor select any options. I can right click, save and then load and continue from the skip option, so its not a big problem but I think its a bug nonetheless.

Btw, Everything else is fine and I am using Windows Xp.
password
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby ToxicOne » September 17th, 2008, 6:13 am

Um...hello...I just recently installed the game and got to the end of the prologue, where the OP video is supposed to start I think...but all I get is this instead....

Is this a video problem or something? What do I need to do to fix it?
ToxicOne
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » September 20th, 2008, 11:00 pm

I am not sure if this one has already been reported. I suspect not, since it seems that it's one of those problems that "solve themselves" and be easily overlooked:

Patch: Fate-stay_night_English_v2.0_[mirror_moon]
Version: CDs
Voices: No
Video Drivers: .... I suppose you are talking about the nVidia ones, right? 169.21_forceware_winxp_32bit_international_whql
Problem: It's in the UBW Route, 14 day just after the 14th Day: Church underground temple Reality Marble. The game stops working, a single window pops up with no text in it, you can still load up or save (didn't dare to save in that place) and do almost anything else, but you just can't keep going. Here, some pics may be a better explaination:

The odd thing is that, as I said, apparently it solved itself, how? I just closed and re-opened the program. I haven't advanced much, just around 2 or 3 block of text, but it apparently is working again. A pic of it working again:

I don't know how much of a problem this really is, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to mention.
Edit:
Hmm... this problem seems to happen more often now... It happened again somewhere I can't remember and another time in the 16th day, in the Before dawn To the Ryudou Temple scene. Apparently it's an issue with transitions, since it's there where the game stops working.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby sushimonster » October 3rd, 2008, 12:51 am

Windows XP HOME Korean (SP2)
Everything was installed with Administrator Privileges
Fate Stay Night DVD
Patch V2.0 Installer used
Realta Nua Patch installed (though this is irrelevant in my case...)
ATI Radeon Express 200M (128MB GPU RAM configured)
1.6 Celeron M
512MB system RAM
Have 10GB harddrive free

I installed FSN a few days ago. The installation went fine.
When it was completed, I started the game, and I get a small blank window with a red cross in it and apparently a OK button. Then there is that little control toolbar at the top left corner of the screen. This is the exact same error I get when I didn't use the mirrormoon installer to install FSN when the locale setting is not in Japanese.

I read that the V2 (maybe it started with V1) installer patches made sure that Applocale wasn't required.

Getting desperate (-_-), I downloaded Applocale from Microsoft and used that to sucessfully startup FSN. Simply saying, I need Applocale to run FSN. I am guessing that my Windows version, being Korean, is why I need Applocale...

But just to make sure, is the error I am getting kinda expected? (just asking in case my new Fate DVD is... faulty... - it cost me an arm and a leg to get it shipped to New Zealand T_T)
Last edited by sushimonster on October 3rd, 2008, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 3rd, 2008, 1:07 am

Yeah, a lot of people have reported that they needed to use Applocale. Probably because their normal locale isn't English. :P
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » October 3rd, 2008, 2:08 pm

I do remember something about the locale-patch not working for Korean locales, possibly other Asian locales too. Use applocale and it should work.

any progress on the PS2 Fate Stay/night LE encryption?

Unread postby BettiePage » October 6th, 2008, 11:52 pm

When I tried to install the voices last time the installer wouldnt recognize the version of the PS2 FSN game I had... I bought the LE version with the PSP bonus game.

I know nothing was promised but has this been sorted out or are we just out of luck on this?
BettiePage
Totally hardly posted

Re: any progress on the PS2 Fate Stay/night LE encryption?

Unread postby Message » October 7th, 2008, 7:41 am

BettiePage wrote:When I tried to install the voices last time the installer wouldnt recognize the version of the PS2 FSN game I had... I bought the LE version with the PSP bonus game.

I know nothing was promised but has this been sorted out or are we just out of luck on this?

This will be fixed in the next release. It's been a while since we've worked on the voice patch, so just to make sure could you please verify the following for us? When you put your RN LE disc into your drive and browse its contents, do you see a file called SLPM_665.12 or SLPM_665.13?

Unread postby Kiirnodel » October 10th, 2008, 4:03 am

Message wrote:
BettiePage wrote:When I tried to install the voices last time the installer wouldnt recognize the version of the PS2 FSN game I had... I bought the LE version with the PSP bonus game.

This will be fixed in the next release. It's been a while since we've worked on the voice patch, so just to make sure could you please verify the following for us? When you put your RN LE disc into your drive and browse its contents, do you see a file called SLPM_665.12 or SLPM_665.13?

The disk I have has a file named SLPM_665.13, it wasn't an LE disk, I think. I bought it used from an electronics store while I was living in Japan. Is there anything else I should check? or is that all that is needed for the voice patching to work?

::Crosses Fingers:: I hope that this disk will work, I really didn't want to regret buying it when I could.
Kiirnodel
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » October 10th, 2008, 7:33 am

Kiirnodel wrote:The disk I have has a file named SLPM_665.13, it wasn't an LE disk, I think. I bought it used from an electronics store while I was living in Japan. Is there anything else I should check? or is that all that is needed for the voice patching to work?

As far as I can see your disc will work with F/sn English v3.0. But this is very interesting, maybe 12 was the LE and 13 the regular? Could someone verify this?

Unread postby sushimonster » October 10th, 2008, 11:48 am

Windows XP HOME Korean (SP2)
Everything was installed with Administrator Privileges
Fate Stay Night DVD
Patch V2.0 Installer used
Realta Nua Patch installed
ATI Radeon Express 200M (64MB GPU RAM configured)
1.6GHz Celeron M
704MB system RAM
Have 18GB harddrive free now...

I am on UBW, 11th Day:Night, building rooftop - Distance. It seems that there is a voice file problem. Though it does not affect the game play, it is slightly worrying in case there are similar problems with other voice files. I tried searching, but can't find the problem on the forums...

When Shiro is attacked by Saber (loses Command Spells) and is waking up in Rin's room

I go through the text as usual with my mouse when I get a notification saying: Voice RIN1116_RIN0160 not found. This message comes up as the game is displaying
"-----------------" ...The heat in my shoulder reaches my head

This message occurs in the same design and style as when there is a notification when we are informed that 'status screen updated' or 'configuration changed'. Simply saying, the above text 'Voice RIN1116_RIN0160' is displayed in the small blue box that appears often in the lower right corner of the screen, just like 'status screen updated' etc... Just wondering if this problem is a known problem... If not, should I be worried or is this down on the list of fixes for mirrormoon...

I apologise in advance if this problem has been reported previously... The search function told me nothing was found regarding Voice RIN1116_RIN0160...

Cheers...

PS My Realta Nua has SLPM_665.13. I got my disc as a present a while back (as soon as it came out I think) and lost the casing for it a week after getting it as a present. As far as I remember, I don't have the LTD ed (and since the voice patch worked with v2 of the mirror moon patch) of Realta Nua (hope that helps)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 10th, 2008, 11:58 am

I think that happened with quite a few people? Some voice files get called that don't exist... @_@
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Balcerzak » October 10th, 2008, 2:15 pm

sushimonster wrote:I apologise in advance if this problem has been reported previously... The search function told me nothing was found regarding Voice RIN1116_RIN0160...

It was a few pages back, read the following few posts for some explanation.

Odd that the search function doesn't find it...
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kiirnodel » October 10th, 2008, 2:56 pm

Message wrote:As far as I can see your disc will work with F/sn English v3.0. But this is very interesting, maybe 12 was the LE and 13 the regular? Could someone verify this?

sushimonster wrote:PS My Realta Nua has SLPM_665.13. I got my disc as a present a while back (as soon as it came out I think) and lost the casing for it a week after getting it as a present. As far as I remember, I don't have the LTD ed (and since the voice patch worked with v2 of the mirror moon patch) of Realta Nua (hope that helps)

Ok, this is making me worry. Now I don't know why my disk didn't work from patch v2, I know I tried like 3 or 4 times, and I when I checked I had the same file as sushimonster, but his worked... >.< Is there anything else I can check to make sure things will work out?
Kiirnodel
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 10th, 2008, 9:15 pm

That, or run under Applocale.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby tjm » October 11th, 2008, 9:21 am

Message wrote:Maybe 12 was the LE and 13 the regular? Could someone verify this?

Yes, the limited "Extra Edition" is SLPM-66512 (the code is on the spine of the box as well, for convenience).

- tjm
tjm
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby kevs926 » November 1st, 2008, 3:19 pm

Balcerzak wrote: read the following few posts for some explanation.

Odd that the search function doesn't find it...

some explanation? i didnt see any

and there was that guy who brought it up again saying that the problem hasnt been solved yet
kevs926
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat