F/SN and F/HA demos for DS

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby ToasterMage » March 15th, 2008, 8:47 am

Kanzar wrote:So where did the pictures come from? :P

resized from the game, which has pretty much no relation(bitwise, and if you`re copyrighting something digital, how else are you gonna do it?) to the original content.
changing the format makes it even farther away.
ToasterMage
Into 17 Pieces
 
Posts: 17
Joined: March 8th, 2008, 8:58 pm

Unread postby DesertDog » March 15th, 2008, 10:43 am

Don't know what ToasterMage did, but I got permission to use the translated text from the authors (Blue Gunner and insani), but the art and sounds were taken from the originals without TYPE-MOON's permission.

So I guess technically I'm 50% in the wrong, but, I didn't make my demos for profit, I only used some of the art and sounds (as opposed to all), and I didn't put their characters and universe in a negative light. I believe that's mostly how doujin works.
DesertDog
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 12:14 pm

Unread postby Superflonic » March 15th, 2008, 10:47 am

DesertDog wrote:Don't know what ToasterMage did, but I got permission to use the translated text from the authors (Blue Gunner and insani), but the art and sounds were taken from the originals without TYPE-MOON's permission.

So I guess technically I'm 50% in the wrong, but, I didn't make my demos for profit, I only used some of the art and sounds (as opposed to all), and I didn't put their characters and universe in a negative light. I believe that's mostly how doujin works.


The problem right now is, is that people are able to freely get Tsukihime on DS, that is, if you finish it.
You won't ask any money for it, but you are giving people free copies of Tsukihime.

It's a hard case, but you'd better be careful about what you do, because, IMO, you're breaking a rule.
If I'm wrong, I'll take back everything I said, of course.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
User avatar
Superflonic
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread postby Ciel » March 15th, 2008, 11:10 am

It's still an inferior version to the original though. It's very small, pretty slow since the ds takes its time to load the new images and sound etc. It's not like he offers them the exact copy of the game. But dunno.
User avatar
Ciel
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 454
Joined: March 11th, 2004, 6:44 am

Unread postby Superflonic » March 15th, 2008, 1:04 pm

Ciel wrote:It's still an inferior version to the original though. It's very small, pretty slow since the ds takes its time to load the new images and sound etc. It's not like he offers them the exact copy of the game. But dunno.


Yes, but that's it.
That's the only thing that makes it different.

I'm not demotivating you, I'm just letting you know that what you are doing might be illegal. If you do it just for yourself, though, it's no big deal.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
User avatar
Superflonic
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread postby ToasterMage » March 15th, 2008, 7:51 pm

legal or not, TypeMoon isn`t going to do shit about it anyway.
ToasterMage
Into 17 Pieces
 
Posts: 17
Joined: March 8th, 2008, 8:58 pm

Unread postby DarkRedSky » March 15th, 2008, 10:51 pm

ToasterMage wrote:legal or not, TypeMoon isn`t going to do shit about it anyway.


True. Not like it really affect the sales of TM games anyway. Most of them never make it across the pond except through imports. Besides even if it were on the DS the computer version is still superior.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 286
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 12:07 am
Location: You tell me

Unread postby Enerccio » March 15th, 2008, 11:08 pm

ToasterMage wrote:legal or not, TypeMoon isn`t going to do shit about it anyway.

yeah, but we still have to be elitist faggots and say that we don't allow piracy.
User avatar
Enerccio
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 310
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Unread postby Youkai Moe » March 15th, 2008, 11:12 pm

Enerccio wrote:
ToasterMage wrote:legal or not, TypeMoon isn`t going to do shit about it anyway.

yeah, but we still have to be elitist faggots and say that we don't allow piracy.


I would like to meet the person that would pirate Tsukihime for the DS but not for the PC.
User avatar
Youkai Moe
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 5:19 am

Unread postby zoop » March 15th, 2008, 11:55 pm

Enerccio wrote:
ToasterMage wrote:legal or not, TypeMoon isn`t going to do shit about it anyway.

yeah, but we still have to be elitist faggots and say that we don't allow piracy.


Yeah, why support small independent developers when we can just leech off them? 8)

Regarding Tsukihime on the DS, I'm assuming that you wrote some sort of software that converted Tsukihime's script file to a format used by VNDS? Perhaps just make a small demo version of the Tsukihime script available on your site, along with the conversion software? Leaving people to supply and convert their own Tsukihime script files would probably resolve any issues people have with it - and would probably make MirrorMoon see the project in a better light, as I could easily see them not liking the fact that their complete translation is being offered to people that haven't purchased the game.

Awesome project, by the way.
zoop
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 31
Joined: August 17th, 2005, 6:08 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Unread postby ToasterMage » March 16th, 2008, 12:25 am

There was quite a bit of manual work in converting the script. and I doubt anyone would want to spend about 2 straight days doing said work.
I explained the process on the PAlib forums, which currently seem to be down. ( http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/v ... t_id=25425 is the thread I think.)

Though if I felt like it, I`m sure I could make a complete conversion script.
ToasterMage
Into 17 Pieces
 
Posts: 17
Joined: March 8th, 2008, 8:58 pm

Unread postby DesertDog » March 16th, 2008, 12:40 am

I just want to make it clear, because I think some of you are getting confused, but I only made the two Fate demos as per the original post.

ToasterMage made VNDS, which runs Tsukihime.

These are two separate projects, and have no relation to each other.
DesertDog
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 12:14 pm

Unread postby Enerccio » March 16th, 2008, 11:12 am

zoop wrote:
Enerccio wrote:
ToasterMage wrote:legal or not, TypeMoon isn`t going to do shit about it anyway.

yeah, but we still have to be elitist faggots and say that we don't allow piracy.


Yeah, why support small independent developers when we can just leech off them? 8)

It's not about the support. Look at Sekai Project. They don't give a damn shit about who pirates what.
It's your problem if you do it, you can be target of laws. If you do it of course. I don't see why forum should be concerned on that matter, but it's their choice.
User avatar
Enerccio
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 310
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Unread postby Superflonic » March 16th, 2008, 11:15 am

Enerccio wrote:It's your problem if you do it, you can be target of laws. If you do it of course. I don't see why forum should be concerned on that matter, but it's their choice.


Because most forums, and most of them are phpBB's, get deleted because of them talking about piracy.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
User avatar
Superflonic
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread postby Enerccio » March 16th, 2008, 11:17 am

Superflonic wrote:
Enerccio wrote:It's your problem if you do it, you can be target of laws. If you do it of course. I don't see why forum should be concerned on that matter, but it's their choice.


Because most forums, and most of them are phpBB's, get deleted because of them talking about piracy.

huh?
I quite don't get you. What has phpBB to do with it? And even if it has something, sekai project runs on phpBB3, so point?
User avatar
Enerccio
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 310
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Unread postby Superflonic » March 16th, 2008, 11:19 am

Enerccio wrote:
Superflonic wrote:
Enerccio wrote:It's your problem if you do it, you can be target of laws. If you do it of course. I don't see why forum should be concerned on that matter, but it's their choice.


Because most forums, and most of them are phpBB's, get deleted because of them talking about piracy.

huh?


Most web-based phpBB forums, for example, get deleted by the actual creators of phpBB.
Something like that.

That, or you can get the law enforcement on your back.
People don't like piracy.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
User avatar
Superflonic
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread postby Enerccio » March 16th, 2008, 11:21 am

I think people like piracy... I mean, who wouldn't. Just those who sell don't like them.
For phpBB, I really doubt that. I knew a lot of warez forums that operates on phpBB.
User avatar
Enerccio
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 310
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Unread postby zoop » March 16th, 2008, 5:26 pm

Superflonic wrote:Most web-based phpBB forums, for example, get deleted by the actual creators of phpBB.
Something like that.


I think you're a .... bit .... misinformed.
zoop
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 31
Joined: August 17th, 2005, 6:08 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Unread postby Superflonic » March 16th, 2008, 6:22 pm

zoop wrote:
Superflonic wrote:Most web-based phpBB forums, for example, get deleted by the actual creators of phpBB.
Something like that.


I think you're a .... bit .... misinformed.


Ah well, it's what I've heard.
I'm probably mistaking phpBB with some other free boards site.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
User avatar
Superflonic
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread postby iclim4 » March 16th, 2008, 6:59 pm

Gram49 wrote:Wow i might just buy a ds for this. It'll be weird thought when people notice that i'm not really playing anything but reading a long story with pictures.

Obviously, you havent seen the Phoenix Wright games. :)
User avatar
iclim4
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: June 16th, 2007, 7:51 pm
Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest