Unlimited Blade Works discussion(NOT THE PATCH)(spoiler)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unlimited Blade Works discussion(NOT THE PATCH)(spoiler)

Unread postby raislash » March 13th, 2008, 11:51 pm

so..what everybody thinks about the UBW?i must admit that Rin in baseball costumes(she looks like Haruhi with long hair^^) and in pajamas(without bra^^) is really cute^^....

and Lancer Gae bolg did pierce rho aius which is really cool^^...one question...why archer is not died????i think Gae Bolg supposed to pierce the heart no matter what.....

also, Archer is a BADASS lol^^....

P.S.:don't be a hypocryte....i know at least 80% people from this forum have played it^^
raislash
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kjoery » March 14th, 2008, 12:47 am

That last statement will generate a lot of arguments.

But anyways.

I'm curious: Archer mentions losing an arm. When does this happen? Did that Shiro cut off his arm when Gilgamesh caught him, and then use that wish to save Rin, Shinji and the 100, or is there a more simple, less overanalyzed answer?
Kjoery
Addict

Unread postby Shikiller » March 14th, 2008, 1:36 am

Kjoery wrote:That last statement will generate a lot of arguments.

But anyways.

I'm curious: Archer mentions losing an arm. When does this happen? Did that Shiro cut off his arm when Gilgamesh caught him, and then use that wish to save Rin, Shinji and the 100, or is there a more simple, less overanalyzed answer?

The first time he used projection magic.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shiirn » March 14th, 2008, 2:22 am

I can say that it's been really great.

Until the 7th day, where shirou eats lunch with rin - at which point the game freezes with a strange error.

But until then, I have every path already done :p

Saber really is incredible, yet shirou only realizes this because archer backs her up in her fight vs berserker...
Shiirn

Unread postby rastilin » March 14th, 2008, 3:22 am

The error was irritating, I jumped past it with a 100% complete save, it's only that scene that's broken.
rastilin

Unread postby Kanzar » March 14th, 2008, 3:25 am

Apparently there's a fix. >_>;; But seeing as I don't have the time to play through Fate yet, I didn't download it. Even if I did download it, it'd be useless...
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kjoery » March 14th, 2008, 3:28 am

Shiirn wrote:I can say that it's been really great.

Until the 7th day, where shirou eats lunch with rin - at which point the game freezes with a strange error.

But until then, I have every path already done :p

Saber really is incredible, yet shirou only realizes this because archer backs her up in her fight vs berserker...

Skipping past it with CTRL worked for me, but yeah, a patch has been released for it.

Anyways. Overall, it was a really good arc; it was nice to see more of caster this time round.
Kjoery
Addict

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 14th, 2008, 5:44 am

P.S.:don't be a hypocryte....i know at least 80% people from this forum have played it^^

I'm not... and i think most of the regulars in the forum didn't.... I don't want to spoil myself with an LQ 8) . Well, good luck and have fun for those who are playing it right now... gonna bail, don't wanna read more spoilers in this thread :wink: .
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rufus » March 14th, 2008, 6:51 am

I think I like UBW Shirou's outlook the best out of all the versions of him (ATLUS'd HF)

He knows that he's going after impossible dreams, unlike his naivety in Fate, but he still chases them anyway. That's pretty damn manly if you ask me.
Rufus

Unread postby Raitei » March 14th, 2008, 7:35 am

Rufus wrote:I think I like UBW Shirou's outlook the best out of all the versions of him (ATLUS'd HF)

He knows that he's going after impossible dreams, unlike his naivety in Fate, but he still chases them anyway. That's pretty damn manly if you ask me.
hell, ubw shirou is none as gar as archer in ubw... not even close to hf shirou, if you ask me. :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby raislash » March 14th, 2008, 8:00 am

but i wonder about something....is caster a lesbian???and why Saber only EAT at this route???and it's the first time i saw that Saber is crying^^
raislash

Unread postby Rufus » March 14th, 2008, 8:39 am

Raitei wrote:
Rufus wrote:I think I like UBW Shirou's outlook the best out of all the versions of him (ATLUS'd HF)

hell, ubw shirou is none as gar as archer in ubw... not even close to hf shirou, if you ask me. :P

Psh, I have no respect for men who give up on their ideals, even for love.
Rufus

Unread postby Brizzle » March 14th, 2008, 9:05 am

Rufus wrote:
Raitei wrote:

Psh, I have no respect for men who give up on their ideals, even for love.

That's not entirely accurate imo.
It wasn't so much as giving up his ideals, as altering them. Instead of an ally of justice, he will become Sakura's ally no matter what.

But, your opinion is your own.
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » March 14th, 2008, 9:15 am

raislash wrote:but i wonder about something....is caster a lesbian???and why Saber only EAT at this route???and it's the first time i saw that Saber is crying^^
eat?? whadda ya mean??

Brizzle wrote:That's not entirely accurate imo.
It wasn't so much as giving up his ideals, as altering them. Instead of an ally of justice, he will become Sakura's ally no matter what.

@ Brizzle & Rufus : that's what I'm trying to point out. as he finally realized that it's impossible to save every single person in this world, he choose to save the ones he loves instead.
thanks for pointing that out, Brizzle ;)

as in fate route, a different case applies. instead of keep looking at the past, and compensate / atone for his and her "sins", shirou and saber finally alter their ideals / goals from "what should we have done" to "what can we do now".

@raislash : since I haven't seen anyone answered your first question yet, let me have the pleasure ^^

lancer's (cu chulainn's) 2nd NP explanation : Gae Bolg : Thrusting Lance of Death Flight (as quoted from type-moon wiki)
In contrast to the Impaling Barbed Death property, the Striking Death Flight is far less accurate, but it puts greater emphasis on raw power and has a wider area of impact, similar in concept to detonating an explosive device. The two functions of Gae Bolg are said to be based on the legendary spear of Odin, Gungnir

so basically, it's like trading your accuracy in order to emphasize on the strong blow. it's like comparing an anti-tank rifle or heavy machine gun (or maybe a grenade launcher) to a sniper rifle; one emphasizes on the accuracy, while the other focuses on raw attack power.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Kansho » March 14th, 2008, 10:33 am

Brizzle wrote:That's not entirely accurate imo.

Is a complex matter. But yes, I think that some people have a misunderstanding about this.
The whole thing about HF is exchanging Ideal for Reality. Shirou is a "protector of..." but he changes that thing that "fill" his emptiness, the justice, by another, the woman he loves. That make him suffer along all the route of course, but I think that he thinks that this suffering is nothing compared to Sakura's one.

HF Shirou didn't have the possibility to become a "Ally of Justice". Like he explains, that means kill Sakura. In a first place, Sakura "MUST fight in the war, if not she dies" and later, is revealed that she (her shadow) is the one who are "eating" that people. So, if Shirou become a Ally of Justice, he must fight the Masters, he must kill Sakura, destroy his feelings, and became a killer machine like Emiya Kiritsugu, what means, BAD END. That's the truth behind the "ally of justice". Shirou can't do that, because he really loves Sakura, so he must protect her for her sake, if not, she doesn't have a chance to survive.

"He finds another path as a human", quoting Kinoko's words. A path whitin "Emiya Shirou has no future", like Archer said. At least Shirou proves at the end that he's right.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby jack_zenith » March 14th, 2008, 11:00 am

Does Archer follow the path of Shirou from the fate route?

BTW: Does anyone know how to get to the good ending?
jack_zenith
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » March 14th, 2008, 11:13 am

jack_zenith wrote:Does Archer follow the path of Shirou from the fate route?
no. archer has no connection with the 3 shirous in f/sn. fate : his ideal has changed. he no longer look to the past, and move forward. plus, archer still got avalon in his body, while at the end of fate route, saber had taken avalon with her.

and pretty much the same case applies to shirou in ubw and hf. their ideals have changed. they have "grown up".

jack_zenith wrote:BTW: Does anyone know how to get to the good ending?
to get the good ending, choose options that are saber-related in options that holds no crucial point, e.g. to spend time with saber before the last battle instead of rushing directly to rin's room.
(you must still choose everything that is rin-related at the critical points ).
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby raislash » March 14th, 2008, 1:07 pm

I'm not... and i think most of the regulars in the forum didn't.... I don't want to spoil myself with an LQ

just want to put a little bit quote from Shirou's UBW..."I have no regrets, this is the only path.
My whole life was "Unlimited Blade Works."...so i will just play UBW with the leaked version because it's the only path and Shirou did say that the path will not go wrong if we choose to walk that path no matter what^^
raislash

Unread postby Max_Archer » March 14th, 2008, 3:07 pm

I've gotten myself dead ended with no apparent way out somehow.

So, I got Saber-jacked by Caster. Is that avoidable? The time after it happens seems way too long. Anyway, after that, Rin takes Shirou back to his place, he goes home, etc, etc. Shirou goes to the church to look for Kotomine, finds Caster, and has three options, all of which lead to the same dead end scene. Tiger Dojo says I should look for Rin instead of going to the church, but the option was never there. The scene with Caster in the church was the first dialog option since the choice to resist or join Caster when she's got Fujimura hostage.

I'm completely at a loss here, any help?

Never mind.

Had to go back to after searching Issei and go to Sakura's house.
Max_Archer
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » March 14th, 2008, 4:31 pm

to get the good ending, choose options that are saber-related in options that holds no crucial point, e.g. to spend time with saber before the last battle instead of rushing directly to rin's room.
(you must still choose everything that is rin-related at the critical points ).

To get the good ending, choose option 2 -> Go talk to Saber in the dojo on the night of Day 15.

Choice 1 leads to True end (Strategic meeting with Tohsaka) Choice 3 ("I'll think") leads to ??? (I got true end from it. I think it leads to either end depending on if your Rin affection or Saber affection points are higher)
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat