ArchDemon's thoughts

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Raven » March 13th, 2008, 5:35 am

Well, frankly usually talking about a leak is a banable act anyway. The reason it can be talked about not exactly because you're allowed to, it's just probably under the circumstance the staffs just doesn't care to say the least. A FYI, we had a long running UBW patch topic, it was not mirror moon fault for people can not talk about it, that thread got locked because it was derailed badly, and it was not locked without (more than a few) warning.

You know what I think, you people certainly have your own territory, 4chan or whatever. You got the game, why don't you just enjoy it and leave us regulars alone? You make your point and I think anyone with half a brain here understand what you guys are saying without you repeating the same phrase for 1001 times. Point is, we also have our own point, and by that we stand, not to sound pomporous but at least this board is considered to be the territory of us regulars, we see your point, but we don't, and probably will never share the same line of thinking. Yes, I know people of one group had trespassed the other territory, but what happening right now is just ridiculous. I visited 4chan and certainly you guys can say whatever you want there, and maybe out of 500 posts bashing message, I would see one post defending him by an alias I recognized from this forum. But right now, you guys technically flooding this board and I dare say even outnumber the traffic generated by the regulars on this board themselves. And like I said, just by repeating the same phrase over and over again. Even when you guys want to talk about, there are already a couple of topic for you to RAGE (that leak topic), yet, you still feel the need to invade topics that, to someone who can think a little, should be obvious the purpose of those topics, yet again, you still feel the urge to repeat your stuffs in said topic in practically render its original purpose null.

Like I said, you make the point and I doubt it can be made any clearer than that. We get the message, but just like you made a choice, we also made our own choice and it doesn't seem like any of us is going to change, repeating the same stuffs is just redundancy. So yes, uptight, elistic, cock-sucking ...etc... whatever thought please you, you can have it. You have the game earlier than us so you can even say that you come out of this a little better than us, so adding stupidity to the list if you want. But we also made our point and we stand by it, you can think whatever you want, but unless you can think of something new to say, give us back our peace, pretty please. :?

Gelmax
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Gelmax » March 13th, 2008, 6:10 am

Raven wrote:You know what I think, you people certainly have your own territory, 4chan or whatever. You got the game, why don't you just enjoy it and leave us regulars alone? You make your point and I think anyone with half a brain here understand what you guys are saying without you repeating the same phrase for 1001 times. Point is, we also have our own point, and by that we stand, not to sound pomporous but at least this board is considered to be the territory of us regulars, we see your point, but we don't, and probably will never share the same line of thinking. Yes, I know people of one group had trespassed the other territory, but what happening right now is just ridiculous. I visited 4chan and certainly you guys can say whatever you want there, and maybe out of 500 posts bashing message, I would see one post defending him by an alias I recognized from this forum. But right now, you guys technically flooding this board and I dare say even outnumber the traffic generated by the regulars on this board themselves. And like I said, just by repeating the same phrase over and over again. Even when you guys want to talk about, there are already a couple of topic for you to RAGE (that leak topic), yet, you still feel the need to invade topics that, to someone who can think a little, should be obvious the purpose of those topics, yet again, you still feel the urge to repeat your stuffs in said topic in practically render its original purpose null.
It's foolish to complain about "us" on "your" territory, after Mirror-Moon staff specifically singled out 4chan for a prank just a few weeks ago. Besides, even the forces of Anonymous have stayed orderly and remained almost entirely within the bounds of civility, something far beyond many people's expectations.

flurk
Crack Addic!

Unread post by flurk » March 13th, 2008, 6:51 am

first of all i would like to remind you all of rules #1 and #2 of the internets.

and then i want to express how glad i am that MM is still going to go ahead with heaven's feel
Sir Bedevere: How do know so much about swallows?
King Arthur: Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Superflonic » March 13th, 2008, 7:21 am

Gelmax wrote:It's foolish to complain about "us" on "your" territory, after Mirror-Moon staff specifically singled out 4chan for a prank just a few weeks ago. Besides, even the forces of Anonymous have stayed orderly and remained almost entirely within the bounds of civility, something far beyond many people's expectations.
The forces of anonymous?
Seriously, are you some kind of religion?
I understand that you like to rant and RAGE about something at the place where the fault lies. In this case, that would be MM's forum. But if you need to restate every piece of line, all about the Message hatred, and calling us goggles for defending him, well excuse me. I think you should leave, and let 4Chan stay on 4Chan.

Go eat some waffles.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap

NICE BOAT
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by NICE BOAT » March 13th, 2008, 8:01 am

Why must everyone assume that it is only 4chan that is angry at Message? I have never posted on 4chan and I hate him just as much as they do. I know someone else here who is the same.

RikkuBan
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by RikkuBan » March 13th, 2008, 8:29 am

I think he means 'primarily'. Of course it's not *just* 4channers.

But the majority of the people registering here, making several flame posts, and crawling back to whatever depths they came from are 4Channers, or so I deduce (I mean, who else would speak about the "Legions of Anonymous"?).

Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Kanzar » March 13th, 2008, 8:47 am

I sometimes do, even though I've never posted on 4chan, and only go to 4chan once every three months.

Anon has evolved from idiots who wanted to bloat their e-peen to a real social movement. >_>;; At least, if they don't regress...

iclim4
Crack Addic!
Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread post by iclim4 » March 13th, 2008, 8:51 am

Gelmax wrote:I'm not going to go through the effort of joining a forum, ANY forum, just to kneel down in front of the admins and open wide. And a good portion of the internet is the same way, especially 4chan, since we KNOW that Mirror-Moon staffers already browse it and they'll see any "Thank You" threads made in the realm of mighty Anonymous. Besides, I believe that forums are for discussing and that things like "thanks" that don't lead to worthwhile discussion are pointless. So that rules out joining just to make a circlejerk topic about how great Mirror-Moon is. And asking about anything that HASN'T been released yet is risky and has a good chance of leading to a ban, so that rules out joining just to ask about current projects. And if I wanted to talk about Type-MOON stuff with a bunch of fanboys, I'd go to Beast's Lair, where the community is bigger, somewhat smarter, and perhaps even less annoying. That leaves me and many others with no good reason to go through the effort of joining these forums.

But hey, presto, the leak! Suddenly there's something interesting to talk about that relates to what's currently going on with Mirror-Moon and apparently isn't going to get anyone banned (unless they TRY to be banned). Suddenly it's worth joining just to give our input on the situation. Suddenly our opinions aren't bannable (although since there hasn't been any official rule change, I expect a crackdown once the hubbub dies down). Thus a rush of new joiners who, not coincidentally, tend to be somewhat more critical of Mirror-Moon than the fanboys who are established members - of course, because criticizing used to be bannable and a waste of time.
I'm not going to bother answering your second paragraph, since you seem to have a lot of weird misconceptions.
Though I'm curious, would you group me with the "fanboys who are established members"?
If so what makes me a fanboy?
To be frank, I give credit where credit is due and I am grateful for mirror moon's work.
Though to be fair, I haven't been following the translation process, so I had no idea about the installer delays.
Maybe If I have been eagerly waiting since after the editing I would be a lot more... jumpy.

My "showing support or thanks" was just an example. There could be various other reasons to join a forum other than to complain why a patch is taking too long.
Yet that is what you claimed as the main reason why you and many others would join this forum.

Btw, all communitys start out small and usually the more people who join, the more it becomes bigger, more lively, and smarter.

And I'm curious as to why you would take "showing appreciation" to the extreme by calling it "kneeling down in from of the admins and open wide".
Saying a few words of thanks isn't that hard and doesn't make you any less of a man.

@ Sagus
I appreciate you for earnestly answering, but I have to go to catch some sleep. I have an early appointment a few hours from now...
Though I honestly see where your post is coming from.
Though would you mind explaining this sentence?

"the reason i registered and started posting was the people who started being butthurt about people downloading the patch and those who decided to defend message for being goggles."

Layman's terms please.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » March 13th, 2008, 11:37 am

Guys, c'mon.... the archdemon has come out and made his statement, it was intended to calm things down, now look at this thread.

We all (me included) had been acting like kids with all these flamewar which is already breaking the 18+ rule.. Anon people (this is not cynical, really.) u got your share of spoil, you got the leaked beta patch with you, have fun with it and just leave us alone. No need to rub it on the face of the staffs and no need to justify yourself... u stick with your righteousness, we stick with ours and i really think that's fair enough.

@Gelmax (and others): U're right, mirrormoon are unlike other translators out there, they actually finish their project. As whether their sliding down recently, i won't have any say in that matter. But even I'm sticking with gamepatch and still respect them (although maybe lessen) despite they have delayed more than a year to their initial ETA, and i believe mirrormoon should hell in much more respect than that.

You guys are right about the need for critics, but support are also needed.... and i really think an appreciating gesture would go a lot further than a scold (taken from a Dale Carnegie book 8) )

Phew. Ok guys, let's cease fire....
Uchi kaeru....

shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread post by shirou12 » March 13th, 2008, 2:56 pm

You know guys, why dont you just shut your fucking mouth up and just patiently wait for the release. Archdemon already said the ETA and it is around next week why dont you just accept it and calm your selvesdown. If you really want to argue go make a room and argue there or pm each other and say what you want there or just get a gun and kill yourselves together...

Leak is a leak no matter how you look at it, it is a disrespectful act against those who do the project. many people are impatient in waiting for the release but just understand that it is for the benefit of us. mirrormoon doesnt want to release something very disapointing thats why they are trying there best. they translating it and we are downloading it for free and even benefiting from it for free so why dont we just return that favor by just merely waiting. afterall translating something from another language to another laguange is not that easy regardless the time. so just stop flame wars AND STICK TO THE TOPIC!

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » March 13th, 2008, 3:10 pm

@ shirou12 : you've stolen all words from me... :(

well, kudos for you to point that out :)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Shirou
Might just like this board

Unread post by Shirou » March 13th, 2008, 3:13 pm

shirou12 wrote: Leak is a leak no matter how you look at it
I absolutelly agree.

shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread post by shirou12 » March 13th, 2008, 3:15 pm

raitei> i am totally at my limit this time because of this flames and 4chans issues blah blah and very tired after doing a 14pages of research paper.. you can copy my statement if you want just citate me in the end of the statement. ^

A.R.C.C.
Addict

Unread post by A.R.C.C. » March 13th, 2008, 3:15 pm

The ever-popular "put-out-the-fire-with-explosives" tack. Shame that only works in non-metaphorical reality.

I really hope this eases up soon.
Wai for Kawasumi Mai!

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » March 13th, 2008, 3:31 pm

I'm ignored :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well, i'm on your side though, Shirou12.... Just tone down okay... don't wanna see another flamewar anymore....

Have u guys notice.... all these flamewars, all this rule-breaking (flame, leak, etc.), all the hype and hysteria.... And not a single staff has post any comment, remark, answer or even whine.... well, except for archdemon clarification..

I can somehow feel from here, how much their anger built up that it has turn into disappointment and resentment..... I don't know anything else supportive to say other than, "Hang in there.."

Sorry, i know it's cliche, but i really mean it...
Last edited by lolipedofin on March 13th, 2008, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uchi kaeru....

boingman
Addict

Unread post by boingman » March 13th, 2008, 3:40 pm

Well, I guess it's better for them to wait a few days till they have calmed down a bit, instead of posting something unreasonable in the heat of the moment.

Animatus

Unread post by Animatus » March 13th, 2008, 4:38 pm

Hey, guys?

There's a whole thread full of drama a couple of posts down.

Not trying to take the high road or anything, I've spewed forth hate like everyone else. But let's at least keep it in one place?

Caineth
Addict

Re: ArchDemon's thoughts

Unread post by Caineth » March 13th, 2008, 5:34 pm

ArchDemon wrote:Hello everyone,

Hmm... It seems that a lot of people are trying to make a big fuss over nothing. Yes, we all know that an old beta was leaked, so why does everyone keep having these pointless arguments about it? If anybody wants to rage, just head over to 4chan. I doubt any of the regulars would want to hear people complaining about the leak and about who's fault it was anymore. So, it leaked. We're still going ahead with the proper release anyway. You can either play that ancient beta, or you can wait a little bit for the proper release, that's your choice. I'd also like to extend my thanks to all of those who have supported mirror moon over the years and that we will be continuing with Heaven's Feel after things have settled down. :wink:

Regards

ArchDemon
Thanks for the update mate, I will be continuing to wait for the day that UBW is released.

Cheers...

Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kiraiya » March 13th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Animatus wrote:Hey, guys?

There's a whole thread full of drama a couple of posts down.

Not trying to take the high road or anything, I've spewed forth hate like everyone else. But let's at least keep it in one place?
Agreed. let out your RAGE over there. I myself have gotten everything Ive held inside about the leak topic off of my chest there. I suggest the rest of you who still want to RAGE do the same and maybe after everything that needs to be said is repeated 1000 times people will finally calm down and we can move on.
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...

randomanon?

Unread post by randomanon? » March 13th, 2008, 5:54 pm

In b4 lock