Leak

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

md
Crack Addic!

Leak

Unread post by md » March 11th, 2008, 4:22 am

Yeah, we know.

blind51de
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by blind51de » March 11th, 2008, 4:35 am

I am Spartacus!

Peorth
Official Curry-butt lover

Unread post by Peorth » March 11th, 2008, 4:36 am

can has plumber please?
A battle has been fought, and is now over.
Place your sword upon the ground, and rest in the temporal peace.
After dozing in the warmth of a dream, a new day will begin.
The days keep passing by..
And we still chase the same star we once saw.

A.R.C.C.
Addict

Unread post by A.R.C.C. » March 11th, 2008, 4:37 am

Anybody want to tell us non-anonymous folk what happened? I can make a guess based off the thread title, but it's not much to go by.
Wai for Kawasumi Mai!

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » March 11th, 2008, 4:38 am

A.R.C.C. wrote:Anybody want to tell us non-anonymous folk what happened? I can make a guess based off the thread title, but it's not much to go by.
LURK MOAR

A.R.C.C.
Addict

Unread post by A.R.C.C. » March 11th, 2008, 4:39 am

Shikiller wrote:LURK MOAR
No.
Wai for Kawasumi Mai!

Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread post by Kura » March 11th, 2008, 4:40 am

A.R.C.C. wrote:Anybody want to tell us non-anonymous folk what happened? I can make a guess based off the thread title, but it's not much to go by.
Since others won't stop screwing around and tell you what's happening...

Refer here: -link removed-

EDIT: link removed for obvious reasons.

Toboggan
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Toboggan » March 11th, 2008, 4:43 am

Once all the furor dies down, I'd rather wait for the actual release than jump on the bandwagon here...

Anonymous_
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Anonymous_ » March 11th, 2008, 4:44 am

I am the beta of my patch.
Incomplete is my status, and engrishy is my text.
I have created over a thousand threads.
Unaware of trolling.
Nor aware of the installer.
Withstood faggotry to fap to Rin.
Waiting for patch's arrival.
I have no regrets, this is the only path.
My whole life was "Unlimited Leak Works."

[removed by chendo]
Last edited by Anonymous_ on March 11th, 2008, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kjoery
Addict

Unread post by Kjoery » March 11th, 2008, 4:48 am

All of my NERDRAGE has turned to NERD JOY :D

I'm sorry for getting angwy at yoo Message <3

Typo-filled fun here I come!

Also: I will make music about this incident eventually! Hopefully it will be good!
Last edited by Kjoery on March 11th, 2008, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous_
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Anonymous_ » March 11th, 2008, 4:49 am

Kjoery wrote:All of my NERDRAGE has turned to NERD JOY :D

No, no, we still hate Message. But its all in good fun!

Kjoery
Addict

Unread post by Kjoery » March 11th, 2008, 4:50 am

Anonymous_ wrote:
Kjoery wrote:All of my NERDRAGE has turned to NERD JOY :D

No, no, we still hate Message. But its all in good fun!
This has made my day in one of the worst, endless homework-filled, socially-depressing, dream-crushing two weeks in my life. I can't hate anything right now.

All the waiting was actually worth it, in a way. I got an incredible boost I needed at this key point in my life. Everything really did seem to be going wrong until now.

So thank you, MM. Thank you random guy on 4chan who made this possible.
Last edited by Kjoery on March 11th, 2008, 5:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

AnotherAnon
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by AnotherAnon » March 11th, 2008, 4:52 am

(Not my words, quoted for truth off the original thread:)

And this just goes to show:

We understand MM put alot of work into this. We understand we are reaping the benefits for free. Many of us willing volunteer to help. Many of us are willing to donate money to help. But if we are taunted and restricted, we become mournful and angry. Anon does not want something absolutely perfect as long as we can enjoy a functional version first to prevent a long wait.

Look at us! We are overjoyed! We don't care about typos and flaws! XXXXX has proved this and MM should learn from it.

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » March 11th, 2008, 4:56 am

AnotherAnon wrote:(Not my words, quoted for truth off the original thread:)

We understand MM put alot of work into this. We understand we are reaping the benefits for free. Many of us willing volunteer to help. Many of us are willing to donate money to help. But if we are taunted and restricted, we become mournful and angry. Anon does not want something absolutely perfect as long as we can enjoy a functional version first to prevent a long wait.

Look at us! We are overjoyed! We don't care about typos and flaws! XXXXX has proved this and MM should learn from it.
Most of this is backed up for the fan made typo filled Clannad translation Seen.fans love it.

A.R.C.C.
Addict

Unread post by A.R.C.C. » March 11th, 2008, 4:56 am

blah. If it's as it sounds, I'll wait for the nice, shiny, finished version. I'm not that bored these days, and I have an irl girlfriend now too. I can keep myself occupied. I don't want an epic battle scene with an epic glaring typo in the middle of it. That's just a pain. Yes, I may be a literary nerd minority.
Last edited by A.R.C.C. on March 11th, 2008, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wai for Kawasumi Mai!

blind51de
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by blind51de » March 11th, 2008, 4:56 am

It's all true. That thread.

MM, please don't be too upset. Something like this always happens. When a group for whatever reason sits on a project that hundreds of fans clamour for for months at a time, sooner or later one of their own grows a conscience and leaks it. I mean, hell, it's 4chan. Ascalon could've leaked it at Xmas, but declined in favor of spring break/easter. That's all.

And if Message or whoever else might be responsible for the delays still wants to take their time on things, that's okay. Because fans like us will take anything in the interim, it's better than nothing.

And TakaJun, please don't misunderstand. We have only the greatest respect for you and all but one of your team. As always, best of luck with Heaven's Feel.

Respectfully,
A non-Anon
Last edited by blind51de on March 11th, 2008, 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous_
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Anonymous_ » March 11th, 2008, 4:58 am

A.R.C.C. wrote:blah. If it's as it sounds, I'll wait for the nice, shiny, finished version. I'm not that bored these days, and I have an irl girlfriend now too. I can keep myself occupied. I don't want an epic battle scene with an epic glaring typo in the middle of it. That's just a pain.
I've gone through about 30 minutes of it so far and seen no major errors. So far it seems basically fine.

Dr Doujin
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Dr Doujin » March 11th, 2008, 5:19 am

AnotherAnon wrote:(Not my words, quoted for truth off the original thread:)

Holy crap, someone quoted my post. Sorry for the horrible grammar (I was simultaneously tired and excited).

Anyways. We love Mirror Moon. Bastards may troll and harass while ruining Anon's name, but many of us are better people than that. You are created something which we love from the bottom of our hearts and we truly cherish it. And because we feel so intensely about it, its easy for that feeling to be twisted into anger by seeing the patch be dangled just outside our reach as if to taunt us.

Your team has worked hard and deserves all the praise in the world. If anything this huge of a reaction shows just how important your group is, so don't feel discouraged or angry. In the future, just be aware that a non-perfect beta will sooth the tension of what feels like an endless wait.

jpsy
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by jpsy » March 11th, 2008, 5:20 am

It seems chendo's red moon has come. How ironically timed with the site.

Anonymous_
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Anonymous_ » March 11th, 2008, 5:24 am

Dr Doujin wrote:Holy crap, someone quoted my post. Sorry for the horrible grammar (I was simultaneously tired and excited).

Anyways. We love Mirror Moon. Bastards may troll and harass while ruining Anon's name, but many of us are better people than that. You are created something which we love from the bottom of our hearts and we truly cherish it. And because we feel so intensely about it, its easy for that feeling to be twisted into anger by seeing the patch be dangled just outside our reach as if to taunt us.

Your team has worked hard and deserves all the praise in the world. If anything this huge of a reaction shows just how important your group is, so don't feel discouraged or angry. In the future, just be aware that a non-perfect beta will sooth the tension of what feels like an endless wait.
Agreed. Despite the Message hate, we still love the translators who did the huge amount of work necessary to bring the joys of F/SN to everyone.

Thanks, MM.