Which Arc do you prefer?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Assuming you know the endings, which do you prefer?

Poll ended at February 29th, 2008, 5:50 am

Fate
35%
Unlimited Blade Works
30%
Heavens Feel
35%

Total votes : 20

Unread postby Maes » February 25th, 2008, 7:24 pm

I'll revisit this thread and vote after playing UBW and HF, but from what I've seen of others' impressions I have a feeling I'm going to love HF.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby TakaJun » February 26th, 2008, 7:00 am

UBW is awesome as a whole because it has so much fighting scenes, but I have to say I like Shirou in HF the best. And also the twists in plot, human emotions, etc etc.
TakaJun

Unread postby LionheartD » February 26th, 2008, 9:38 am

Unable to read Japanese I haven't played through UBW and HF; which I haven't spoilt for myself. So I can't really have a valid vote.

I'm asking to those who've voted for UBW and HF how they know the story.
Read it on the internet?
Actually can read Japanese?
Or the Korean/Chinese translations?
LionheartD
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Retsej » February 26th, 2008, 7:20 pm

LionheartD wrote:Unable to read Japanese I haven't played through UBW and HF; which I haven't spoilt for myself. So I can't really have a valid vote.

I'm asking to those who've voted for UBW and HF how they know the story.
Read it on the internet?
Actually can read Japanese?
Or the Korean/Chinese translations?

I've read the story summary, played thru the Japanese, and read some translated portions of it. Like

The Shirou vs Archer Battle in UBW and the Shirou vs Saber battle in Heaven's Feel

In terms of cool battles, UBW wins, but for overall story, Heaven's Feel is the best.
Retsej
Addict

Unread postby Xfraze » October 30th, 2008, 6:37 am

From reading wikipedia, it seems like that Japanese praised the Fate route as the best, and HF got listed as last. I'm kinda confused as to why, compared to Fate, UBW was far more satisfying IMO, and from what I know of HF, it's going to be even better.

Is it just the heroine choice that turns people off, or do they prefer a shirou who's all supar?
Xfraze
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kansho » October 30th, 2008, 8:56 am

At first, UBW was the most popular.

Right now... there is a tie between the three (as routes).
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Utsuho » October 30th, 2008, 12:35 pm

After playing HF (relying heavily on bad machine translation and like three dictionaries... don't do it kids, just wait for the patch), I'd say it's my favourite. It's just a great way to end the story. Also, it completely changed my opinion of Sakura from "grah, that slut should just die" into "SAKURA-TAN, SO MOE, MAI WAIFU~".

Xfraze wrote:From reading wikipedia, it seems like that Japanese praised the Fate route as the best, and HF got listed as last. I'm kinda confused as to why, compared to Fate, UBW was far more satisfying IMO, and from what I know of HF, it's going to be even better.

Is it just the heroine choice that turns people off, or do they prefer a shirou who's all supar?

Maybe just because it's the first route that everyone has played? ...Or maybe just because Saber is moe.

Also, I think Fate route tends to get overlooked in Western F/sn fandom because by the time we got to play it, the anime which focused mostly on Fate route was out and most people had already seen that, so they knew most of what happened in Fate already.

I didn't see the anime, and was like "OKAY, I'M GOING TO GO INTO THIS GAME WITHOUT EVEN READING A VAGUE PLOT SUMMARY". So as a result I really liked Fate route just because I had no way of expecting what would happen ("WHAT?! KOTOMINE'S EVIL?! HOLY CRAP!") Whereas for UBW and HF I was massively spoiled beforehand. :C
Utsuho
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 30th, 2008, 4:21 pm

I'm gonna say Fate here on this one. It was the first route I ever completed in a VN and it was a "life-changing" experience for me. It really had an impact on me, even though that maybe weird for people to hear. UBW was spoiled for me before I got to play it by stupid MUGEN characters, although I tried to think who Archer was because
in the end of Fate, the same voice actor does Bedivere's voice.
From what I have seen, I'm gonna hate Heaven's Feel if what I'm thinking it going to happen, happens (i.e.
Saber getting killed by Shirou or Saber just getting killed anyway
).

I just want a True Route from Nasu that ends happily with everyone alive with what they want.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby KratosIrving » October 30th, 2008, 4:53 pm

Sepheriel wrote:
I just want a True Route from Nasu that ends happily with everyone alive with what they want.

Basically the only way I could see that as a possibility is if they made the True Route a Harem one, since Sakura and Ilya want Shirou, Rin wants Shirou/Archer, Shirou and Gilgamesh want Saber...Rider would get thrown in with Sakura, let Caster and Kuzuki stay together, and FINALLY give some love to Taiga.

Of course with all of that, there'd be so many ero scenes that we'd hate it. Oh, and death to Shinji.
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread postby Rikh » October 31st, 2008, 2:02 am

KratosIrving wrote:
Sepheriel wrote:
KEKEKEKE

useless jabber... and FINALLY give some love to Taiga.

This post has become the EPIC WIN post
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 31st, 2008, 6:26 am

KratosIrving wrote:
Sepheriel wrote:

Basically the only way I could see that as a possibility is if they made the True Route a Harem one, since Sakura and Ilya want Shirou, Rin wants Shirou/Archer, Shirou and Gilgamesh want Saber...Rider would get thrown in with Sakura, let Caster and Kuzuki stay together, and FINALLY give some love to Taiga.

Of course with all of that, there'd be so many ero scenes that we'd hate it. Oh, and death to Shinji.

Nothing wrong with too many ero scenes as long as they are spaced out and "delicate". Yeah and death to Shinji. I wish I could jump in the game and kill him myself.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Maes » October 31st, 2008, 7:38 am

Sepheriel wrote:Nothing wrong with too many ero scenes as long as they are not written by Nasu.

Fixed.
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DarkEyes » October 31st, 2008, 8:01 am

Sepheriel wrote:
Nothing wrong with too many ero scenes as long as they are spaced out and "delicate". Yeah and death to Shinji. I wish I could jump in the game and kill him myself.

dude, i wish i could jump into the game period xD
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ethos » October 31st, 2008, 1:44 pm

Neko-arc. You're missing a poll.
ethos
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheRedArcher » November 1st, 2008, 1:00 am

I haven't played HF so I don't know yet. But I like Fate for the story and UBW for the fight scenes.
TheRedArcher
Addict

UBW

Unread postby BloodRivers » November 9th, 2008, 6:13 pm

Nothing can compare to what Unlimited Blade Works is... at least in my opinion. That is just the perfect Route in terms of what it offers to me story wise and fighting wise...AND most of course
You get to have carnal relations with Rin Tohsaka - nothing else can compare to that :lol:
BloodRivers
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Shirou » November 11th, 2008, 1:48 am

is this poll closed?
I like UBW the most, and i think Archer is admirable. Lancer is the manliest of the whole fsn cast.
Fate is cool, and Rin is awesome in this route.
HF was even more overrated than i thought, wasn't supposed to be "epic gar" and shit? Kotomine saves the route of being a failure and Sakura is a lame villain and a boring heroine. Ilya is cute, though . loli for the win!
Shirou
Might just like this board

Unread postby Undream » November 11th, 2008, 3:13 am

I dont really know.
For one, i like Fate the most because of Saber.
i like UBW the most because of the action and the overall story
and to top it off, i like HF the most because of certain scenes which are really made of WIN

So pretty much a draw...
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Duketsu » November 11th, 2008, 6:06 am

Last edited by Duketsu on November 10th, 2015, 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duketsu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Rokudaime » November 11th, 2008, 6:16 am

UBW has the best action,and Rin is my favourite girl,but HF is defenitely the best route hands down,particularly because of the superior story and plot.and that is only natural anyway.HF's story is the main one,and it's True End is the True End of the game itself.the finish.Taiga tells you that directly in one of the last Tiger Dojos. ;-)
Rokudaime
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat