Which Arc do you prefer?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Assuming you know the endings, which do you prefer?

Poll ended at February 29th, 2008, 5:50 am

Fate
35%
Unlimited Blade Works
30%
Heavens Feel
35%

Total votes : 20

Which Arc do you prefer?

Unread postby DarkRedSky » February 22nd, 2008, 5:50 am

Knowing most of you, everyone should have some basic knowledge of the three arcs; Fate, UBW and HF.

I gotta say, I've only played through fate and man was it touching... It's like reading a perfect novel (excluding the grammar and spelling mistakes). I was pretty much absorbed into the story. Great job translating. I can't wait for UBW and HF.

Which do you prefer?
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby rastilin » February 22nd, 2008, 6:10 am

If there were any sequels I'd prefer they were based on Fate. But UBW has considerably more competence on everyone's part, I mean there's no point to having powerful Eirai battle it out unless they scheme and plan to battle properly.

Still, until it actually comes out, we won't know.
rastilin
Might just like this board

Unread postby Brizzle » February 22nd, 2008, 7:01 am

Heaven's Feel. It's epic.
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » February 22nd, 2008, 8:17 am

Hellz, all must bow before HF Shirou. One can argue his GAR-ness rivals Archer here.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby serialies » February 22nd, 2008, 8:25 am

Heeeellllll no,
Archer severed, then attached his own arm onto another person, his past self no less
how much more GAR do you need?
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » February 22nd, 2008, 8:46 am

I am saying that one can ARGUE, in certain moments.
I have to say that I am a total sucker for the Nine Lives scene. Take that Sabre, who said a human can't waste a Heroic Spirit! Well, maybe a nerfed one, and also with a haxxored GARm, but still, a kill is a kill.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby serialies » February 22nd, 2008, 8:55 am

no one said a human cant kill a servant?..just that a humans power doesnt compare to a servants by a large margin (unless of course, that human has the capacity to be a hero themself...unfortunately in the modern nasuverse, theres pretty much no one who has that capacity :P)
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » February 22nd, 2008, 9:17 am

I got that from the scene where Sabre was sword-whipping Shirou and telling him that he can't beat a servant and the purpose of the training is to make him last a bit longer before being plastered on the pavement. The irony eh? Weakling Shirou then dismembered Berzerker at supersonic speed... just love it.
Edit: Didn't he also fried his brain and pinned Sabre to the ground in one of the dead ends?
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Inverted » February 22nd, 2008, 9:25 am

Which arc do I prefer.. ...hmm..... Neco-Arc .. lol!!! j/k
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kansho » February 22nd, 2008, 9:58 am

I prefer HF due to the deep thematic.

But I already said it when other post like this was posted months ago... "I think that this poll only makes sense with all the routes released, not now."
Last edited by Kansho on October 30th, 2008, 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby asceai » February 22nd, 2008, 9:58 am

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:
I got that from the scene where Sabre was sword-whipping Shirou and telling him that he can't beat a servant and the purpose of the training is to make him last a bit longer before being plastered on the pavement. The irony eh? Weakling Shirou then dismembered Berzerker at supersonic speed... just love it.
Edit: Didn't he also fried his brain and pinned Sabre to the ground in one of the dead ends?

(spoils HF route, just like the quoted post)
Yeah, not to mention nullifying the souped-up Saber's (because Sakura was Saber's master, Dark Saber's stats were off the chars) Excalibur before nailing her to the ground with the Azoth sword. Shit like that is why I still don't understand how Archer got totaled by Berserker in Fate, even if he was weakened by Saber's initial attack. Archer should have been able to trace the exact same attack Shirou used in HF, then shave off the remaining three or so lives with UBW or even just repeated Caladbolgs.
asceai
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » February 22nd, 2008, 1:52 pm

Kansho wrote:But I already said it when other post like this was posted months ago... "I think that this poll only makes sense with all the routes released, not now."
no, I believe the one who said it is puKKa, not you. and I was the creator of that thread ;p

I even asked him if that topic could be unlocked ( and the answer is "yes" ), but seeing this thread has already been created... not much else to say, I guess.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Kansho » February 22nd, 2008, 1:59 pm

Raitei wrote:
Kansho wrote:But I already said it when other post like this was posted months ago... "I think that this poll only makes sense with all the routes released, not now."
no, I believe the one who said it is puKKa, not you. and I was the creator of that thread ;p

I even asked him if that topic could be unlocked ( and the answer is "yes" ), but seeing this thread has already been created... not much else to say, I guess.
I said it. See. viewtopic.php?t=888
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » February 22nd, 2008, 2:20 pm

Kansho wrote:I said it. See. viewtopic.php?t=888
you both said it then.

( damn, beaten again. :P
guess my luck for bets is running out. 1 win, and 1 loss today; the one which I won... the friend I'm betting with refused to pay. what a dickhead. )
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Einherjar » February 22nd, 2008, 2:37 pm

I like Fate because it's much mor- I just like Saber.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Brizzle » February 22nd, 2008, 3:22 pm

asceai wrote:
Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:

(spoils HF route, just like the quoted post)
Yeah, not to mention nullifying the souped-up Saber's (because Sakura was Saber's master, Dark Saber's stats were off the chars) Excalibur before nailing her to the ground with the Azoth sword. Shit like that is why I still don't understand how Archer got totaled by Berserker in Fate, even if he was weakened by Saber's initial attack. Archer should have been able to trace the exact same attack Shirou used in HF, then shave off the remaining three or so lives with UBW or even just repeated Caladbolgs.

Shiro manages to cut Saber nearly in half with Kansho and Bakuya in one of the ends. But he dies before he can finish her. You can read it here. In the other ends, Shiro helps Rider's Bellerphon win over Excalibur with a four-layer Rho Aias. With both servants temporarily out of commission, he finishes Saber off with Azoth to the heart. :(

Archer didn't use Nine Lives because he didn't know about it. He didn't have access to memories from that timeline and didn't think to try tracing Berserker's own weapon. Multiple Caladbolgs wouldn't have worked because God Hand can adapt to an attack. Also, Black Berserker may not be as powerful as regular Berserker (it's hard to tell). These are the excuses I'm making :p.
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Silverman » February 25th, 2008, 2:12 am

My vote for UBW
Gil-sama looks great with that costume :D

I would vote for HF for my second favorite arc HF
Shirou was amazing.
Silverman
Addict

Unread postby Retsej » February 25th, 2008, 4:51 am

Nothing beats Heaven's Feel.

IMAGE SPOILERS:
Retsej
Addict

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » February 25th, 2008, 11:41 am

Oh fo shur. Heavens Feel owns all. Not only does it have the best story which easily pwns the predictable fate route ...

Ah screw it I dont really need to say all that. Lets just say Sakura is the main girl. End of story. Winner - Heavens Feel.
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Donvermicelli » February 25th, 2008, 6:11 pm

hmm honestly I've only read/played fate and I've refrained from reading spoilers about the other two routes so I don't really know.
Donvermicelli
Addict

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat