Which Arc do you prefer?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Assuming you know the endings, which do you prefer?

Poll ended at February 29th, 2008, 5:50 am

Fate
35%
Unlimited Blade Works
30%
Heavens Feel
35%

Total votes : 20

Unread postby raislash » November 11th, 2008, 7:45 am

i still don't understand why people like HF so much.......i cried only 2x when i was playing Fate/stay night.....
the 1st one is about Saber's past and the second one is when shiro vs Archer(tear of GARness^^).....in HF.....looks like just plain old reality to me....nothing deep whatsoever.....
okay...Sakura is killing people and Shiro still decide to help him no matter how bad she is ....so???he's still sacrificing himself to help other....just 1 person not many....no big difference.......everyone said normal ending is sad but i think"Eat that b1tch. That's what you get from become emo"..

so if i have to give score about route

Fate:8(10 with the realta nua final ending)
UBW:9
HF:6

now i know why Sakura is 6 in character ranking....bad character and plain and emo.
raislash
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kerze » November 11th, 2008, 8:37 am

raislash wrote:i still don't understand why people like HF so much.......i cried only 2x when i was playing Fate/stay night.....
the 1st one is about Saber's past and the second one is when shiro vs Archer(tear of GARness^^).....in HF.....looks like just plain old reality to me....nothing deep whatsoever.....
okay...Sakura is killing people and Shiro still decide to help him no matter how bad she is ....so???he's still sacrificing himself to help other....just 1 person not many....no big difference.......everyone said normal ending is sad but i think"Eat that b1tch. That's what you get from become emo"..

so if i have to give score about route

Fate:8(10 with the realta nua final ending)
UBW:9
HF:6

now i know why Sakura is 6 in character ranking....bad character and plain and emo.

Eh? HF was great because of
how they made some of the lesser understood characters (why Kirei wants to 'kill' everyone/how he hated Kiritsugu because he threw away the emotions Kirei so desperately wanted to feel, instead of feeling certain ways for all the wrong reasons) actually have an interesting back story that explains why they go crazy (the way Sakura gradually descends into madness, then snapping is well done and believable) or how they are. Seeing Rin's cold side made it all the more interesting, making you feel mixed emotions about her, especially in the bad ending where if you had let her use a geas on you, she coldly locked Shirou in place, ignoring his pleas as she went and killed her defenseless sister.

To summarize, the writer (Nasu was it?) did a great job of showing how the characters tick.

For me, I'd rate the endings:

Fate: 7 (little dull, hate how Shirou acts in this one, though there were some pretty funny scenes that made it memorable)

UBW: 8 (well written, had more thought process from the characters with what move they'd make next and actually had situations that looked pretty bad, without any real obvious solutions
that didn't get their hearts torn out or skewered with fifty thousand weapons
)

HF: 9 (For previously stated reasons..... I hated the whole
LUST WORMS THAT ARE PHALLIC BUT TOTALLY DIDN'T HAVE TO BE CALLED LUST WORMS OR LOOK PHALLIC TO BE CONSIDERED SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY! OOOoOooOOOO
though.
Kerze
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Shikiller » November 12th, 2008, 12:15 am

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » November 12th, 2008, 12:17 am

regarding ubw...
shirou's acts in this route is even more despisable than in fate. childish behaviour, even more stubborn. relationship-wise, kinda childish and too made up. only the fights and ideal revelation make this route worth the while.
@ shikiller : you keep posting pics like that, hoping for people to laugh? how lame.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Shikiller » November 12th, 2008, 12:25 am

Here i come , king of prosecutors, do you have enough evidence in stock?

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » November 12th, 2008, 12:44 am

^caught red handed. obvious lame joke is obvious.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Shikiller » November 12th, 2008, 12:59 am

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 12th, 2008, 1:34 am

^ You good sir just failed. So please stop now before I do a facepalm.

In any case at least this story seemed somewhat a bit down to eath, and more informative then the other two routes though. Also, it kind of gave a bit more info on Avenger for F/HA, an dnot only that but a bit more info on the Einzbern's family history along with the Matou's and Tohsaka's as well.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Megaolix » November 12th, 2008, 2:33 am

As much as I like Saber, as much as I loved Shirou vs Archer... I have to say I prefer HF.

Why? Let's see... Nine Bullet Revolver, Kotomine and that last battle, the feeling of how everything will end very soon, regardless of what will happen...

And who else can compare to Kotomine as a vilain, if he can be called as such?
Megaolix
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » November 12th, 2008, 4:02 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:^ You good sir just failed. So please stop now before I do a facepalm.
secoded. lame jokes are lame. if that could be considered a joke instead of a troll anyway.

Kid-Wolf wrote:In any case at least this story seemed somewhat a bit down to eath, and more informative then the other two routes though. Also, it kind of gave a bit more info on Avenger for F/HA, an dnot only that but a bit more info on the Einzbern's family history along with the Matou's and Tohsaka's as well.
yeah, as the "route that revealed almost everything" (emphasis on the almost) that's expected lol.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 12th, 2008, 4:33 am

Now if only they did an Illya route. If they did that it could of revealed a bit more to it though. Ah who am I kidding just having someting around where Illya sticks with Shiour is an ending worth having. Although that was only in Fate. *sigh* I wonder if they'll add it back in an anaversery edition or something like that. Just like how Sacchin might be getting her route, and finally bidding farewell to the "No Route Club."

As for that joke it actually won so hard that it failed. It can happen you know. That and it was mostly a FMP gag it seems.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Shirou » November 12th, 2008, 12:08 pm

Ilya route? but hf is some kind of Ilya route.
That fmp joke is awesome, i have seen it before in beast lairs, though.
Shirou
Might just like this board

Unread postby Inverted » November 12th, 2008, 12:48 pm

Shirou wrote:Ilya route? but hf is some kind of Ilya route.

That's the sad part.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Veldril » November 12th, 2008, 5:51 pm

I would say my favorite rouge is Unlimited Blade Works.

I just like Shirou in that route. Although many people think he's even more childish than in the Fate route, I think otherwise. There are not many people who have that much willpower to accept that they might fail in the future. Even with himself told him that he will only suffer if he continue this path, he just cast those words aside and try his best to do what he believes is right. That's something many people cannot do. And I don't think he will turn to someone like Kiritsugu too.

But I also don't hate Heaven's Feel. They're many good moments in that routes. If UBW get 9 points from me, then HF get 8.8 or 8.9.

And Shirou is always Shirou for me, regardless of the route. He's someone who try to do what he believes is right.
Veldril
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat