Before we get started, please take a few moments to read the rules.
In order to play Fate/stay night on your PC, you will need the following items:
- A PC with Windows installed on it. XP and Vista (either 32 and 64 bit) have both been able to play it.
- A copy of Fate/stay night. mirror moon does not provide the game, only a translation. You can purchase Fate/stay night at http://www.himeyashop.com/
- A patch of the aforementioned translation. Found here.
- Microsoft Applocale, an application that will let us run Fate as though we had a computer with the Japanese settings. Found here: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx
- An ability to follow directions step by step. If you do not or can not, I can't help you.
Now, the directions:
1) Download and Setup Applocale.
2) Run Fate/stay night's Setup (the game itself, not the translation patch) thru Applocale. This is done by running Applocale and choosing to launch a program with it. Browse for the setup file and choose it. You will then be asked to choose a language. Choose Japanese (the last choice on the list).
3) Install the program to a location without japanese characters. For Example: C:\Program Files\Fate ((testing: gotta check if filepath matters 100%))
4) Apply the translation patch.
5) Run the game thru Applocale. Simply follow the previous steps for running setup thru it, only this time, run the installed program thru it. I would recommend creating a shortcut for it when prompted.
If you have questions.... you shouldn't. But IF you do, try the search button and check the other threads.
Whew. Comments? Anything to add?
I'll be updating this as additions and releases are made.