Change music in Fate/Stay Night?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Change music in Fate/Stay Night?

Unread post by ayadew » December 11th, 2007, 9:30 pm

So I played through Tsukihime, changing some of the .ogg music files there to my own liking, since some of the songs there are just plain bad and annoying. Took some from the animes of Tsukihime, Kimi and whatever.

The point is, I want do do this with the Fate visual novel also, replacing some stuff with songs from Fate's anime which rocks (Kenji Kawai is a genius)
Obviously, this doesn't seem as easy as with Tsukihime (copy paste into CD folder..) since Fate has none :p

Mm is this possible at all?
I'd take my guess at that it's stored in the sounds.xp3 archive, but that's a format only used by 吉里吉里 afaik (wikipedia :p), and I have yet to found any way to browse it.

Unread post by Message » December 11th, 2007, 9:50 pm

It's bgm.xp3, and indeed I don't think the xp3 format is used by anything but krkr. There are public xp3 tools out there, but I'd be hard pressed telling you where exactly.

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » December 11th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Message wrote:It's bgm.xp3, and indeed I don't think the xp3 format is used by anything but krkr. There are public xp3 tools out there, but I'd be hard pressed telling you where exactly.
Ah thanks
Well, I found some at insani's, which I successfuly used to extract bgm.xp3. ..Successful this far =p but we'll see how it goes

Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Kansho » December 11th, 2007, 10:11 pm

I think that Fate music is good enough to not change it... for me is better than the anime one, too simple and without mystery involvement with the scenes (with exceptions of course...)

Tastes I think.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » December 11th, 2007, 10:24 pm

Looks like they're encrypted:
To anyone that wishes to do this, do the following in cmd:

Move to the extracted folder where the insani xp3 unpacker/packer is, type

xp3-extract.exe bgm.xp3 designatedfolder fate_full

change music to your liking, they obviously have to be in .ogg, don't touch the ogg.sli files, they're linkers or somesuch..
after this, type

xp3-repack.exe designatedfolder bgm.xp3 fate_full

congrats.
Last edited by ayadew on December 11th, 2007, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » December 11th, 2007, 10:25 pm

Kansho wrote:I think that Fate music is good enough to not change it... for me is better than the anime one, too simple and without mystery involvement with the scenes (with exceptions of course...)

Tastes I think.
Of course, some of the music is great, but I'm just sooo tired of the, for example, relaxed eating breakfast house music, or the silly-songs.

Unread post by Message » December 12th, 2007, 11:21 am

ayadew wrote:don't touch the ogg.sli files, they're linkers or somesuch..
At first I thought they contained looping information, but the "LoopLength" values are often greater than the filesize... So I guess it's related to the packer, yeah.

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » December 12th, 2007, 3:28 pm

Message wrote:
At first I thought they contained looping information, but the "LoopLength" values are often greater than the filesize... So I guess it's related to the packer, yeah.
Actually they do contain something connected to length of the song.
I'm not sure how they work though, opening random file yields me:

LoopStart=422799
LoopLength=1905119

I can't find any logical connection to the original song based on this though.
But, the song's are looped in preset intervals, so if a replaced song is longer or shorter than the original, it will either go quiet for a while or restart in the middle of it.
This information could be stored elsewhere, but I doubt it.
Also, some replaced songs are seemingly looped correctly even though the original songs are longer/shorter, just as with Tsukihime.

Confusing D:

Rynax
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Rynax » December 12th, 2007, 7:40 pm

ayadew wrote:
Message wrote:
Actually they do contain something connected to length of the song.
I'm not sure how they work though, opening random file yields me:

LoopStart=422799
LoopLength=1905119

I can't find any logical connection to the original song based on this though.
But, the song's are looped in preset intervals, so if a replaced song is longer or shorter than the original, it will either go quiet for a while or restart in the middle of it.
This information could be stored elsewhere, but I doubt it.
Also, some replaced songs are seemingly looped correctly even though the original songs are longer/shorter, just as with Tsukihime.

Confusing D:
It makes sense if you think of it this way:
The loopstart of the song is at 422799 but the song is actually a bit longer, like 476280. The song starts looping from 422799 and stops when the counter gets at 1905119, its looplength. Which is approximately 4 times the song length. Usually songs repeat 2 or 3 times before "starting over" and start playing from the beginning, not at a loop start. Apparently this song repeats 4 times.

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » December 12th, 2007, 10:27 pm

Kansho wrote:I think that Fate music is good enough to not change it... for me is better than the anime one, too simple and without mystery involvement with the scenes (with exceptions of course...)

Tastes I think.
Yup. Loved the original EMIYA. This illusion sucked though.
I might not sound helpful, but..
Keep the original music, it's good.

Unread post by Message » December 13th, 2007, 9:17 am

Rynax wrote:The loopstart of the song is at 422799 but the song is actually a bit longer, like 476280. The song starts looping from 422799 and stops when the counter gets at 1905119, its looplength. Which is approximately 4 times the song length. Usually songs repeat 2 or 3 times before "starting over" and start playing from the beginning, not at a loop start. Apparently this song repeats 4 times.
That must be it. ^__^

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » December 13th, 2007, 12:53 pm

Rynax wrote:
The loopstart of the song is at 422799 but the song is actually a bit longer, like 476280. The song starts looping from 422799 and stops when the counter gets at 1905119, its looplength. Which is approximately 4 times the song length. Usually songs repeat 2 or 3 times before "starting over" and start playing from the beginning, not at a loop start. Apparently this song repeats 4 times.
Right, thanks. But I do wonder what 422799 means. It can't be milliseconds, because the actual song is around 1min long. Milliseconds would yield it to be over 7 minutes.

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Ciel » December 13th, 2007, 2:43 pm

That's either samples or bytes.

Rynax
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Rynax » December 13th, 2007, 2:52 pm

ayadew wrote:
Rynax wrote:
Right, thanks. But I do wonder what 422799 means. It can't be milliseconds, because the actual song is around 1min long. Milliseconds would yield it to be over 7 minutes.
It is miliseconds. If you take 31, the looplength in minutes, divided by 4 you get 7.75. Then subtract 7 minutes from that, the loop start, you get 0.75. Which is 1 minute and 15 seconds.