Fate/Stay Night Remixes - What do you want to hear next?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Retsej » January 29th, 2008, 5:04 am

A diversion I've been working on:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gm0t9x

That blurb at then end, in case you didn't recognize it, was
Black Saber's Theme from Realta Nua
Retsej
Addict

Unread postby DrunkDragon » January 29th, 2008, 7:43 am

Awesome mix! :D Just wondering did you finish working on the Emiya remix? and do you have any others? This is pretty good.
DrunkDragon
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Retsej » January 29th, 2008, 4:20 pm

DrunkDragon wrote:Awesome mix! :D Just wondering did you finish working on the Emiya remix? and do you have any others? This is pretty good.

Nah, neither are finished. Both are WiPs that I haven't had much time to work on due to school.

As to the second question, I've done quite a few others, just not Fate based.

EDIT: Emiya Remix has been updated.
Retsej
Addict

Unread postby DrunkDragon » January 30th, 2008, 10:47 pm

I love the updated version! Nice work.
DrunkDragon
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Retsej » March 21st, 2008, 8:49 pm

Updated. Fixed the drums. I really can't think of anything else to add without ruining it.

Code: Select all
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gth669h/Faker's%20Illusion.mp3
I wanted Prester John, and Excalibur held by a moon-white arm out of a silent lake. I wanted to sail with Ulysses and with Tros of Samothrace and eat the lotus in a land that seemed always afternoon. I wanted the feeling of romance and the sense of wonder I had known as a kid. I wanted the world to be what they had promised me it was going to be, instead of the tawdry, lousy fouled-up mess it is.
Retsej
Addict

Unread postby Maes » March 21st, 2008, 9:02 pm

Just took a listen, very nice work so far!
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » March 21st, 2008, 9:52 pm

Nice to see that you're still working on it. Sounds nice indeed.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Alucard » March 22nd, 2008, 1:45 am

download is broke?
Alucard
Addict

Unread postby Maes » March 22nd, 2008, 3:40 am

The apostrophe in the file name breaks the url link, not sure what the %## is for that though.

You could just copy paste the rest of the link minus the file name and get to the root directory and right click/save as though, not sure if everything in there is supposed to be public though(I haven't looked at any of it, so I dunno)
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Alucard » March 22nd, 2008, 11:44 am

The apostrophe doesn't break it for me. The space would, if it wasn't encoded as %20.

I get to 3% and then the download breaks, no matter how I try to get it.
Alucard
Addict

Unread postby Maes » March 22nd, 2008, 2:44 pm

Hmm, I just redownloaded the file with no problems. Perhaps a problem on your end somewhere?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 22nd, 2008, 3:12 pm

Wow.. Your work reminds me of the soundtracks of LOTR!

And im sure you would find that as a great compliment!

Umm... Im not that good about grading songs, or about commenting what should be or what shouldnt..
But I somehow always get a mental image/story from these kinda songs...
So if you're interested to listen, please read on.

~~ (Best read while theme playing at the same time, IMHO. LOL) ~~
~00:00
The beginning of the song gives me an impression that a man is by himself inside somewhere deep and quiet to gather his thoughts... He admits being confused, unsure and afraid of the path he has chose... But theres determination in himself.

~00:29
He then got up, picks up his gears and takes the stairs. His first few steps were slow and hesitant.. Not wanting to go out at all...

~00:46
But with every step he takes he gains more confidence, as he even unconciously goes into a stride. The sounds of his armor bounces off the small walls beside him. But light is drawing near.

~01:00
Out in the open, the sunlight shows him the smiles of others. The ones that he promised to protect Children were waving at him, wanting to get his attention.. His spirits high, he marched on towards the overlooking tower. Even more determined than ever, sealing the thought that what he's doing is right.

~01:26
The tower soon looms in front of him.

~01:33
A fellow knight greeted him, a trusted man and a dearest friend. He knew that he was not alone in this... Together their clanking armor were sound in unision as they both walked past dozens of cavalrymen at attention and walked up towards the base of the tower... Silently knowing that not all the men at attention shall ever return back alive.

~02:00
-music stop- He knelt down.

~02:03
Looking up at the ones who sat at the throne, his king, his queen... And a silent fair lady, her head downcast not wanting to look at him. He had wanted so much to reach out to her, but is in no position to do so.

~02:16
Everyone else was silent as the king stood up, and began to speak.
The order has been given, and so also the king's blessing...

~02:32
He stood, eye to eye with his king. He did not look away, bravely meeting the expectation wanted of him and his men. He mounted his readied steed. And was bathed in all his glory as a knight.

~02:55
Once again, he takes a look with the one he loves so dear. Only now did she looked up to him in the eyes. They said nothing, but he can feel that she was crying on the inside. For one of royalty must show composure at all times, and her strength of heart is what he had always loved of her...

~03:15
The sound of the royal trumpets, and the sound of the opened castle gates...

~03:20
He turned his horse around and began to lead the men behind him out of the castle walls. He was going at an amazing speed. But his mind was taking in everything around him very slowly. Remembering all his memories of his time and the people the people he is going to save.

~03:51
As the knight just left her field of vision. The princess prayed with all her heart that he would someday return again. Riding out of the castle gates... The knight is about to be granted his greatest dream, along with his doom. But she shall wait for him. For it was his wish to sincerely help people was what she had loved so much about him.

~~
Yes... I know its abit long and very detailed. Because i conciously tried to make it a 'good' read for those that actually want to read it...
I hope that what i tell, is what you're trying to convey in the music Retsej. If so, then you have done a very good job of it.

PS: i too have just downloaded it with no problems... So maybe the trouble really is in somewhere on your end alucard?
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Alucard » March 22nd, 2008, 3:54 pm

It seems the download was stopping after a set time, rather than a set percentage. I tried from my apartment's connection, 3%. I tried from my home's connection, 3%. I tried from my server in Dallas, 43%. Same thing in Opera, FF, and with wget. Then I tried from my school's connection, 100% at 4MB/s. I guess I got it fast enough that time.
Alucard
Addict

Unread postby DunBanMe » March 23rd, 2008, 11:41 pm

Enerccio wrote:the best version of emiya is the one in Battle Moon Wars, called UBW:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/217wn6

Enerccio, may i ask you to upload it again, please?
i've been looking for that one for a long time
DunBanMe
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Enerccio » March 24th, 2008, 1:16 am

DunBanMe wrote:
Enerccio wrote:the best version of emiya is the one in Battle Moon Wars, called UBW:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/217wn6

Enerccio, may i ask you to upload it again, please?
i've been looking for that one for a long time

you're lucky that I still have it in my mp3
dozo: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hz9f52
Enerccio
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DunBanMe » March 24th, 2008, 3:21 am

Thanks!
I really appreciate it
DunBanMe
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Retsej » March 24th, 2008, 6:09 am

Personally, I'm a fan of Emiya#0 and the Kenji Kawai arrangement/

Anyway I always have multiple projects going on at once, and aside from this, I'm working "Sword of Promised Victory" complete with the remixed melody from Realta Nua, a full orchestration of "This Illusion," and now I'm looking for something to do from Tsukihime.
I wanted Prester John, and Excalibur held by a moon-white arm out of a silent lake. I wanted to sail with Ulysses and with Tros of Samothrace and eat the lotus in a land that seemed always afternoon. I wanted the feeling of romance and the sense of wonder I had known as a kid. I wanted the world to be what they had promised me it was going to be, instead of the tawdry, lousy fouled-up mess it is.
Retsej
Addict

Unread postby DrunkDragon » March 24th, 2008, 8:23 am

Nice work on Faker's Illusion :D Anyone have more or similar remixes you can share? Man I love this type of music same when its similar to Techno or close to it.
DrunkDragon
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Retsej » March 25th, 2008, 4:07 am

Ask and ye shall receive. At least in theory:
Code: Select all
http://www.4shared.com/file/41856954/7d4de29/Sword_of_Promised_Victory.html

Anyhow, it's still a WIP as opposed to Faker's Illusion, which is probably finished.

For the less musically inclined or hard of memory, this is the song that plays when Saber
uses Excalibur.
It's heavily based on the anime version.

EDIT: Oh, for you Tsukihime fans who feel left out, I've got stuff coming for you :O
Retsej
Addict

Unread postby DrunkDragon » March 25th, 2008, 8:10 am

Sweet thanks. 8) Can't wait.
DrunkDragon
Posting more than n00bs

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat