Fate/Unlimited Codes

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » December 23rd, 2008, 4:39 am

Watashimo wrote:
Duvet wrote:Are you sure you're doing it correctly?

After the Grail is full and if your health bar gets highlighted green, you're good to go. Make sure you have your mana bar full and press L2 to go into activation. You'll shine gold when done right. You can assign yourself an EX using R2 or just do it the normal way. No combos involved except for Gilgamesh.
Yea, thats exactly how I did it and I got nothing. Do you have to do anything AFTER pressing L2? That may be where my problem lies if you do.
L2 activates your mana bar so then you have to input the command for the EX move, and your character should do it. You can map EX moves to buttons for greater ease. I will say that you cannot do Gilgamesh's EX with just pushing a mapped EX button. He will shoot out the Chains of Heaven but nothing else happens. You probably have to input the rest yourself. I've not pulled off his grail super yet.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 23rd, 2008, 4:41 am

Sepheriel wrote:
Watashimo wrote:
Duvet wrote:Are you sure you're doing it correctly?

After the Grail is full and if your health bar gets highlighted green, you're good to go. Make sure you have your mana bar full and press L2 to go into activation. You'll shine gold when done right. You can assign yourself an EX using R2 or just do it the normal way. No combos involved except for Gilgamesh.
Yea, thats exactly how I did it and I got nothing. Do you have to do anything AFTER pressing L2? That may be where my problem lies if you do.
L2 activates your mana bar so then you have to input the command for the EX move, and your character should do it. You can map EX moves to buttons for greater ease. I will say that you cannot do Gilgamesh's EX with just pushing a mapped EX button. He will shoot out the Chains of Heaven but nothing else happens. You probably have to input the rest yourself. I've not pulled off his grail super yet.
Wow, thanks. That might be why I was failing so hard. So basically, I just need to do L2 + R2 to pull off (most) EX moves. I didn't realize you had to "activate" your mana bar before you did the EX.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.

TheYummyKenshin
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by TheYummyKenshin » December 23rd, 2008, 5:46 am

AvatarofRage wrote:According to Wiki, Gold Rose prevented the victim from healing past the wound it inflicts, essentially cutting off their maximum HP. I've yet to notice if it actually does that, but considering the abysmal damage I think it does.
The person no longer heals in ex mode. Kinda messed up really. Once it hits they can't regain hp ever again in the round.
Lancer's 236236B is his Runes, and they up all his parameters (Atk, Spd, Def) but it feels like not enough to warrant the mana cost...
From what I heard, all it does it is increase mana gain while active.
Does anyone know what Sakura's 22C does? the one where she wraps herself in in a cocoon thing,
I'm pretty sure it blocks ranged projectiles.
inferno_flamex wrote:Oh and Rider's Breaker Gorgon... To me... all that she does is she opens her covers... but it should at least do something right?
After taking off the blinders, you need to go to ex mode for it to activate. The other person moves like 25% slower during the whole time (this includes falling slower for those juggle combos).

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 23rd, 2008, 8:15 am

TheYummyKenshin wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:Oh and Rider's Breaker Gorgon... To me... all that she does is she opens her covers... but it should at least do something right?
After taking off the blinders, you need to go to ex mode for it to activate. The other person moves like 25% slower during the whole time (this includes falling slower for those juggle combos).
By EX mode you mean Fovor of Holy Grail + 3 Full Bar Command Spell right?
Or any time i hit the Command Spell?

Just so you guys know.. and to clarify..

Excalibur can be activated without the Holy Grail favor, but it still requires the activation of a Command Spell... thing... (a.k.a... L2)
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Phlebas » December 23rd, 2008, 9:14 am

Anyone else got the problem that F/UC won't recognize memory card? Can't get past the starting screen when it wants to make a save (on PS2, not emulator).
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 23rd, 2008, 9:23 am

Phlebas wrote:Anyone else got the problem that F/UC won't recognize memory card? Can't get past the starting screen when it wants to make a save (on PS2, not emulator).
Maybe your memory card is full...

Either THAT.. or you did not turn on your AutoSave..

Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Phlebas » December 23rd, 2008, 9:32 am

Mm no that's not it (dno what that autosave's about tho), I even emptied the memory card trying to get it to work (and tried with both my memory cards). Googling only netted me that some people are having this memory card problem but didn't find anything more specific.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 23rd, 2008, 11:56 am

Phlebas wrote:Mm no that's not it (dno what that autosave's about tho), I even emptied the memory card trying to get it to work (and tried with both my memory cards). Googling only netted me that some people are having this memory card problem but didn't find anything more specific.
Umm.. im just double checking....

But you're suppossed to choose the 'left' option every single time they ask you to choose something...
... Just checking...

But if you do not even have an option to begin with... Maybe its your console? It is a Japanese region game after all...

Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Phlebas » December 23rd, 2008, 12:26 pm

Dno, I only get a screen saying something about presumably the memory card (stuff I can make out are PS2, 45KB, OPTION, SAVE/LOAD) and I have two choices: YES or NO, no matter which I pick it just refreshes the page - if I take memory card out altogether I get a different text so I'm pretty that's what it's about... maybe my console is just too old model for this or something lol >.>

EDIT: LOL I just made it... was just smashing the buttons on that screen about to give up when I got through, not sure what I did :S.

Akeashar
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Akeashar » December 24th, 2008, 12:06 am

Thats the problem that I removed with the edit button once I figured it out. When you boot up, and have the two options, you move to the left option and press the O (accept) button. If you press the X button (cancel) it just... cancels. Flickers and you're back at the choice. So when you button mashed you probably hit the O while on the yes.

Its something I've noticed with my PSP as well. If you're playing US/PAL games, the accept button is mapped to the X, but if you play JP games its mapped to the O. Drove me mad for a little time when playing my various Ikki Tosen games, since I was used to the US keys.

After suffering through Rider (no problems at all, and then got to Kotomine and spent a long time being frustrated... then one shotted Sakura) I'm currently suffering the anguish of playing Archer vs Rider... and going 'I wish I could do all those Chain (nudge nudge, wink wink) combos when I was playing her.'

Its mean they can block UBW ;-;

Amhran
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Amhran » December 24th, 2008, 3:11 am

So far I am pretty impressed with this game. Normal mode was pretty overwhelming at first but now its more fun since I can beat it with most characters now. My only beef is that the EX moves need just the right stuff to pull off and it seems most of the time whomever you are fighting will die way before you get everything charged up. Maybe they are meant to be finishers /shrug.

Unlocking certain characters seems to be based on the playthroughs and maybe something else. I unlocked Saber Alter, played through arcade and immediately got Lily.

Been playing around in mission mode recently. While the combo and damage ones are kind of hard since I suck pretty hard at doing combos that I didn't make up myself. I can't figure out what to do in Saber's Technique 2. Tried KOing the enemy with normal Excalibur and the EX one. Both result in failure. I assume I am supposed to do something with Avalon but I can never get it to counter anything.

On a side note, Lancer's missions are pretty fun. Tech 5 where you have to beat Kirei with 25% life was a good test of patience.
Here is a lame pic of my high score on his mini game where you have to punt Shiro as far as you can.
► Show Spoiler

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 24th, 2008, 3:16 am

I think Saber's Technique 2 is the one where she's suppossed to use the 'aerial bypass/slash'... If i remember correctly...

Its the one where you do a 623 A... and when the enemy is airborne, you do a 66 B... Its kinda hard to pull off i admit..

Amhran
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Amhran » December 24th, 2008, 3:23 am

Hmm Ill have to try that out in a bit. The instructions for it are talking about all of the specials and I'm not good enough at kanji to read all of it D:

TheYummyKenshin
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by TheYummyKenshin » December 24th, 2008, 5:11 am

inferno_flamex wrote:
TheYummyKenshin wrote:
By EX mode you mean Fovor of Holy Grail + 3 Full Bar Command Spell right?
Or any time i hit the Command Spell?

Just so you guys know.. and to clarify..

Excalibur can be activated without the Holy Grail favor, but it still requires the activation of a Command Spell... thing... (a.k.a... L2)
EX mode I meant just actvating with 3 bars. I'm actually not sure on the actual terms for ex modes vs the holy grail modes myself.

Crack Addic!

Unread post by AvatarofRage » December 24th, 2008, 6:10 am

Just noticed something earlier, like Shirou, Gilgamesh's EX move changes depending who he's fighting. Aginst Saber, Berserker, and seemingly random(ly chosen by the makers) others, his EX ends with Enuma Elish, but against Shirou, Archer, and again seemingly random others he ends with Gate of Babylon...I know it's not random each time as i went back and tried those matchups again and got the same result.

So that makes three (Shirou vs Kotomine, Bazzett vs Lancer, Gil vs several)...are there any others that change depending on the opponent?

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » December 24th, 2008, 7:09 am

AvatarofRage wrote:Just noticed something earlier, like Shirou, Gilgamesh's EX move changes depending who he's fighting. Aginst Saber, Berserker, and seemingly random(ly chosen by the makers) others, his EX ends with Enuma Elish, but against Shirou, Archer, and again seemingly random others he ends with Gate of Babylon...I know it's not random each time as i went back and tried those matchups again and got the same result.

So that makes three (Shirou vs Kotomine, Bazzett vs Lancer, Gil vs several)...are there any others that change depending on the opponent?
Maybe Saber Alter though I haven't unlocked her nor have I read HF so I don't know. By the way, how the hell do you pull have Gilgamesh's EX move??? I can't do it for the life of me.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!

Crack Addic!

Unread post by AvatarofRage » December 24th, 2008, 8:05 am

Sepheriel wrote: By the way, how the hell do you pull have Gilgamesh's EX move??? I can't do it for the life of me.
Well, first, once in EX mode (like everyone else), you do 236236 C (Or R2, if you've mapped it) and hit launches the Chain of Heaven. Once that hits, quickly hit 63214C, and he'll pull Chain of Heaven back. Then, press A-B-C-A-B-C and he'll do some hits with various weapons from the vault. Immediately after the last C, hit 236236 C again, and he'll do Chains of Heaven again, and either Enuma Elish, or Gate of Babylon, depending on who you're fighting.

Two additional, one, it seems like Enuma Elish has a higher chance of the Chains of Heaven missing, as sometimes it passes below the opponent if they bounced too high.
Two, If at any point you stuff up, then you can try again, as the first Chain of Heaven takes only one bar of mana, and you remain in EX mode until the last Chain of Heaven connects. If at any point you miss, or stuff up, you should have just enougb time to try once more.

And in case you're wondering, the first string of attacks does about 750, and the last attack does 4000, making this the most damaging move in the game, at almost half an enemies life.

VoidAvesta
Addict

Unread post by VoidAvesta » December 24th, 2008, 12:27 pm

New unlockable: Gilgamesh's casual clothes, dunno how i got it but its there
Community Crucis member: Angra Mainyu
Beasts Lair member: Angra Maniyu :p
Melty Bread member: Kyokushi

Crack Addic!

Unread post by AvatarofRage » December 24th, 2008, 12:45 pm

Awesome, I was kinda hoping they'd be in. I'd assume they're unlocked the same way Saber Lily is, which is to say, I've no idea how I accomplished that either. My only guess is either using that character so many times, or for a total of some other amount of times...

Maybe this means they do have Shirou with the Burial Shroud in there somewhere as well...

I wonder if anyone else might also have unlockable extra outfits...well, Rider might have her casual clothes seen in the good end of Heaven's Feel...
Perhaps Berserker Alter...hmm...nothing else comes to mind

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 24th, 2008, 1:13 pm

Black Berz would perhaps be the most badass extra costume... if it is programmed in...

But then again... HF Shirou is badass too... XD

~EDIT~

You unlock Saber Lily when you complete arcade as Dark Saber.. You'll then receive her lily costume under the 4th costume tab...