Fate/Unlimited Codes

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Chivi
Addict

Unread post by Chivi » December 1st, 2008, 9:14 pm

inferno: nope LOL

I got it like two days before that change in price

got it $20 cheap

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 2nd, 2008, 8:29 am

Im telling ya.. They're raising the prices for Xmas!

Its either that.. Or they're already low on the special box pre-orders stock that there might not be anymore left after the release...

And i just noticed something else as well..
There are gonna be so many new games launching at Dec 18?

I mean.. okay.. FSN UC is Dec 18...

So is Gundam Musou 2...

And if im not wrong...
so is Final Fantasy Dissidia for the PSP... Sengoku Basara as well as Persona 4 is coming out on the 18th as well...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Chivi
Addict

Unread post by Chivi » December 2nd, 2008, 8:27 pm

yeah, Dissidia is coming out on the 18th too

can't wait for both games

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » December 3rd, 2008, 8:39 am

OMG: http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_uc/cs_figma.html Saber in garters?!?! O.O I'll be right back *heads to restroom*
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 3rd, 2008, 11:13 am

Sepheriel wrote:OMG: http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_uc/cs_figma.html Saber in garters?!?! O.O I'll be right back *heads to restroom*

I just noticed that her THIGH sticks out when she kicks her leg up...
There's a slight cut in her skirt/armor that i did not notice before...

PS..
Am i the only guy that cannot use the (IMG) command (/IMG) anymore?

Pics are not showing up here for me...

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » December 3rd, 2008, 4:19 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:
Sepheriel wrote:OMG: http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_uc/cs_figma.html Saber in garters?!?! O.O I'll be right back *heads to restroom*

I just noticed that her THIGH sticks out when she kicks her leg up...
There's a slight cut in her skirt/armor that i did not notice before...

PS..
Am i the only guy that cannot use the (IMG) command (/IMG) anymore?

Pics are not showing up here for me...
Yeah the cut in her dress/armor shows that she is not wearing full pants like in her normal armor but stockings and garters.

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 4th, 2008, 6:55 am

14 days :O, just turned midnight!
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 4th, 2008, 4:07 pm

Although we should have like a countdown to the official launch...

In truth.. I think im still gonna receive it around the 24th-26th... Might even be 27th... Since its approx 10 days shipment after the launch date... A WEEK if im lucky.. And i doubt the postal is gonna go to work during Xmas here..

Do they? In the states or europe, i mean.. or anywhere else for that matter...

13 DAYS LEFT...

(It just turned midnight for me here...)

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 4th, 2008, 6:11 pm

I got UPS 1-4 day shipping so I expect it in like 5-6 days at most :)
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » December 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm

Holy craphola. This is like Fatal Fake, but a REAL companies version. It looks so badass, although I'd STILL like a translated version, for some things. Hopefully one of those PS2 translation group people will do it. Even if a English version is released, they probably won't have a dual audio version...

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » December 4th, 2008, 6:22 pm

Mkilbride wrote: Even if a English version is released, they probably won't have a dual audio version...
english dub sux. nuff said.

oh btw, inferno, I might come to your house any time it's delivered now... prepare yourself... and that figurine. :twisted:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 4th, 2008, 6:24 pm

Raitei wrote:
Mkilbride wrote: Even if a English version is released, they probably won't have a dual audio version...
english dub sux. nuff said.
I agree. Keep the Japanese voices and just translate the text. You don't need to know what they say when they start battle, its not relevant and dubbing it would ruin the game. Subs are infinitely greater than dubs.

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » December 4th, 2008, 6:26 pm

Precisely. That's why if a English version is released, I'd want it dual audio. I can't stand dubs either. I've only played a few PS2 games that were Dual Audio, 90% aren't though. So if they did have an English version, I'd pray that they included Japanese voices. I cannot stand a guy who sounds like he doesn't even want to be there "Hyaa!" sounding like he just yawned and said it or something. Japanese voices have "Passion" when they do anime voices, or so I've been hearing all these years.

Overall, this trailer got me really excited, I mean, I like Fatal Fake, but CMON, this looks so much better...it's a good thing I just dusted off my PS2 and it still works, odd that I did that to, I had no reason to, but I felt like doing it today, and then I learn of this. It must be a sign. Is there going to be a story mode, or is it straight out just combative? If it doesn't have a story mode, I don't mind much if a English version comes or not.

If it does though...I dunno why, but I'd really like to see how the story got translated this time. Every time a story is translated into a different media, it changes, and it'd be interesting to see how they pulled off Fate / Stay Night, Fighter wise.

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 4th, 2008, 6:31 pm

From what I've gathered, theres a story mode for each character. Its a "what-if this character was the main character of F/SN" scenario. But from the trailer, it looks like the important scenes in the story mode are still CGs with text. I agree with you on the voices having no passion, but Yu Yu Hakusho actually had good english voices, I prefer it in english actually :)

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » December 4th, 2008, 6:35 pm

YOU TOO!? I KNOW! YYH had great ones. Everyone fit it perfectly. I think Trigun was a superior dub also, but those are the only ones I know of that are better. Kuwabara...just epic lulz there. I feel at home now. :P

A "What if" story? That's great. I guess they could easily just translate the text and leave everything else well enough alone. God, I've watched YYH at least...4 times fully. I can't stand Yusuke in Japanese, I know he's only supposed to be 15, but he really sounds like a little kid in Japanese, and not a punk like his character itself is supposed to be.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 5th, 2008, 1:01 am

@mkilbride...

Dude.. Where have you been? To NOT know that they've got...

Story Mode~
Which follows your 'character' and gives a scenario that "what if _______ is the main character of FSN?" throughout the game...

and

Mission Mode~
Which follows the fight scenes in the ACTUAL VN... Meaning you'd have situations where Saber VS *Caster's BONE ARMY*... And Shirou&Saber VS Berz...

PS...

@Rai... When that time comes.. I'll most likely have a temporary amnesia where i forgot all my friends and how they look like... XDDDD

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » December 5th, 2008, 2:14 am

Because everytime I saw this topic, I figured it was just another untranslated Fate / Stay Night VN thing, like all those others that haven't been transated, but to find out - wow, this is nice. I just started Battle Moon Wars, I got Fatal Fake, and if I get this game, I can have a nice collection.

My friend just watched the anime and liked it, I tried to explain to him about the Visual novel, I don't think he'd read it, and the H-Bit is abit weird for him, but yeah. I've started watching the anime lately and I've got to say, it's not the worst adapation of a story, but it just tries to make all three routes into one, if it had them separated it would of came out way better.

Fate / Stay Night - Fate(1-8)

Fate / Sight Night - Unlimited Blade Works(8-16)

Fate / Stay Night - Heavens Feel(16-26)

Something like that, I dunno, having read the Visual Novel, it just feels really lame by comparison.

Anyways, this game is one I really wanna get now, if it never gets a NA release(highly likely) I hope a good translation patch comes along on one of those many PS2 game sites. Kind of like an UNDUB version of a PS2 game.

Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Wiiown » December 5th, 2008, 6:59 am

Oh yea, I also ordered the 2-4 day shipping from UPS or w/e. I already put my family and anyone who knows me on alert. If they bother me any time between the 20th and the 24th there will be hell to pay. Hell. On a side note I can actually play the game and enjoy the figurine! Spending time playing C F/F until it releases. Also to whoever before, Persona 4 comes out on the 9th which is this coming tuesday.

Edit: Just watched the archer vs berserker video, did anyone else notice they vastly improved the Archer VA's pronunciation for the UBW speech? It actually sounded almost believable native english. Almost.

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » December 5th, 2008, 7:33 am

Wiiown wrote:Oh yea, I also ordered the 2-4 day shipping from UPS or w/e. I already put my family and anyone who knows me on alert. If they bother me any time between the 20th and the 24th there will be hell to pay. Hell. On a side note I can actually play the game and enjoy the figurine! Spending time playing C F/F until it releases. Also to whoever before, Persona 4 comes out on the 9th which is this coming tuesday.

Edit: Just watched the archer vs berserker video, did anyone else notice they vastly improved the Archer VA's pronunciation for the UBW speech? It actually sounded almost believable native english. Almost.
Yeah. Archer's UBW speech is really well done I think. It always gives me chills when he says it because he does it so well.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 5th, 2008, 9:11 am

*changes topic before some 10 year old thinks its 'cool' to recite his own variation of the UBW chant*

Sooo...

First thing that you guys gonna do when you get the game...

Play it?

OR

Assemble HER... XDDD