Fate/Unlimited Codes

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Masterori » April 8th, 2009, 1:21 am

I actually prefer D-pad over the stick. I've been playing fighting games since I was 5 your thumb don't really hurt after all those years of Street fighters, King of fighters, Tekken, ect. I have little problem doing those complex moves with the the D-pad on the other hand the stick is more unconventional as you need to move your whole hand compared to a thumb wasting more energy compared to the D-pad ( well you could say your thumb gets hurt after comboing for awhile unless your like me with years of gaming experience and only starts hurting after say 9 hours? ) and the D-pad is also more accurate sure the stick is more accurate then the analog stick inaccurate compared to the D-pad. In theory the D-pad should be faster as you only move the thumb and not the whole hand but harder to pull off.

Note : The cloth on D-pad maneuver saves your thumb from any blisters..... Ideally or so I found with myself is 2 layers of t-shirt that your wearing. Never got a blister since I learned to do this
Masterori
Might just like this board

Unread postby ReidE96 » April 8th, 2009, 9:54 pm

I'm a big fan of the d-pad too. F/UC also has one of the largest buffers I've seen in any fighting game. For those of you who don't know what a buffer is, it's basically the game storing up your inputs. Say you do an attack that has a long swing, and you want to combo into, say, 623b. As soon as you've hit the a, b or c for your attack, you can start 'buffering' the next command's stick movements. In most fighters, you have to hit the attack button pretty much straight after you do the inputs. In Codes, you have a little time before you need to, so you can do the inputs at a comparatively leisurely speed, then hit the button when you're ready.
ReidE96
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Jedah » April 19th, 2009, 4:35 am

Really friggin psyched about the PSP version. Finally a non Visual Novel TYPE MOON game for the PSP that is actually good !

Also gives me hopes of MBAA for PSP. That would be godlike.
Jedah
Totally hardly posted

Re: Fate/Unlimited Codes

Unread postby Nerroth » May 5th, 2009, 1:29 am

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 5th, 2009, 3:18 am

Ah yes they are planning on having the PSP version to be released in the US. The up side is we'll finally be able ot play it in English, but the down side is we won't beable to play it on the PS3... yet.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Catastrophe » May 5th, 2009, 3:37 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Ah yes they are planning on having the PSP version to be released in the US. The up side is we'll finally be able ot play it in English, but the down side is we won't beable to play it on the PS3... yet.

might not be that far... not since the PS3 had been picking up the pace in console sales in japan recently (dont remember where, but i did read that somewhere)
but then again we fans wouldnt be pleased with a simple port from the ps2 one would we?

also: shit, want a psp ;_;
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » May 5th, 2009, 4:13 am

Oh god, I don't want a ps2 I don't want psp but I want to play IT!!!!

A PC version would be good for me...
A Wii version would be good too...

P.S. I don't even have to mention I have a Wii, right? :P
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » May 11th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Anyone here unlocked Saber Lily? Already cleared Arcade with Saber Alter and STILL no Lily. Curse you F/UC Wiki!

btw, Berserker is just cheap. A 5-hit combo (~2000 dmg) from him outdamages my Archer's 15 hit string (~1700). AND he has the HP to back it up. Starting learning Rider's moves. Her versatility is actually an refreshing change of pace from usual hack-and-slash characters.
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 11th, 2009, 1:42 pm

To obtain Lilly you have to beat Zero Lancer in Arcade Mode. Also, did you check Saber's Alternate outfits since it'll be the fourth selection for her. Instead of it saying 4th it'll change to say Saber Lilly. As for a way to get to fight it it's either you're lucky, or you have to have acertain high-score to obtain him during arcade mode.

Although with Alter Saber as long as you tend to hit you opponent first and manage to guard before they even attack you can really deal a major blow against them. Although I have to say I've sen someone play rather aggressivly with kotomine and his infamous multi hit air combo juggle.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » May 11th, 2009, 2:34 pm

I read somewhere in the wiki you have to finish a certain number of rounds using Supers to get Zero Lancer to appear. But then again, since they messed up on the Lily info, I kinda doubt it now. Damage-wise, Alter Saber is great and her combos seem simple enough. It's just that I was so used to playing Saber that Alter's lack of the Rekka series got to me.
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby shirou12 » May 12th, 2009, 11:34 am

hmm not necessary to defeat zero lancer in order to unlock saber lily, i unlock saber lily even without zero lancer. I just finished alter saber's and a few more arcades. try to do that then afterwards check for saber lily in saber's costume. I fought zero lancer when i need tio finish just one last character in arcade.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » May 12th, 2009, 12:26 pm

I unlocked them all without realizing what I did.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby inferno_flamex » May 15th, 2009, 1:15 am

At approx 25USD. Im thinking of getting this for my PSP should it come out in PlayAsia... The only 'bad thing' i can find about it is that.. the casing is... White.. VERY easy to get dirty.. Considering its a PSP CASE.. in which, its MEANT to get dirty/scratched/etc in place of the psp... THAT and the fact that i dont use those kind of earphones... I like the one that actually is small enough to fit in my ear...

Ohh.. and.. uh.. since i once again noticed how LOVELY my dear dear Saber Lily is...
Yes Raitei.. You can go ahead and have 'Saber'.. While i claim 'Saber Lily'... >XDDDDDD

And...

Omg omg omg omg omg fap legs fap legs fap legs fapfapfap...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ReidE96 » May 19th, 2009, 7:35 pm

metal_cocoabo - my 40+ hit archer combo does about 5k (accursed diminishing returns). Beserker really is stupidly good, but Saber is the overpowered one. She has an infinite combo that's stupidly easy to do.

Also, this game has some of the longest combos I've ever seen. Obviously assorted fighters have the odd infinite, but I'm talking about combos that have an end. As I said for Archer, 40+ hits. There's longer.

And when-oh-when do we get our PC version?!
ReidE96
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » May 20th, 2009, 8:13 am

Hrm. My muscle memory hasn't reached the level of 40-hits. Blame the lack of free time. But usually when a combo reaches 40+ hits, you should have enough mana for a activate-reversal. Or not. If they reach 40+ hits you're way too behind on the fight to counter anyway. ...I just hate Berserker's stupidly long reach. That's why I'm starting on Assassin and trying out a counter->combo playstyle.

No idea on the PC version, but I heard there's a PSP one on the way.
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sepheriel » May 20th, 2009, 9:19 pm

ReidE96 wrote:metal_cocoabo - my 40+ hit archer combo does about 5k (accursed diminishing returns). Beserker really is stupidly good, but Saber is the overpowered one. She has an infinite combo that's stupidly easy to do.

Also, this game has some of the longest combos I've ever seen. Obviously assorted fighters have the odd infinite, but I'm talking about combos that have an end. As I said for Archer, 40+ hits. There's longer.

And when-oh-when do we get our PC version?!

And what pray tell is this infinite combo of Sabers? Hmmmmm :D
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 21st, 2009, 2:22 am

I think it was under 100% Saber Combo under YouTube. It was pretty much knock around then minor excalibur attack then juggle some more.

As for the Infinite Combos for this. It can work since some attacks can drain your opponents bar to the point where they could never do a combo break even if they had the chance.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby makenna » June 8th, 2009, 11:16 pm

i know its random but is there anyway i can download the psp version without the network on my ps3?? see bc i got the ps2 version but i would love the english version......but i dont have the network connected to the ps3 and frankly i dont know how....
makenna
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 8th, 2009, 11:57 pm

makenna wrote:i know its random but is there anyway i can download the psp version without the network on my ps3?? see bc i got the ps2 version but i would love the english version......but i dont have the network connected to the ps3 and frankly i dont know how....

how on earth would you download something from a net without an access to said net????
and..... not sure about this, but if you cant connect a ps3 to a internet access.... i can bet you shouldnt be on these forums (rule #1, if you get what i mean...)
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 9th, 2009, 2:46 am

Catastrophe wrote:how on earth would you download something from a net without an access to said net????
and..... not sure about this, but if you cant connect a ps3 to a internet access.... i can bet you shouldnt be on these forums (rule #1, if you get what i mean...)

Not exactly. For an example, I can't connect my Wii to internet, 'cause my net connection sucks >.>
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat