Fate/Unlimited Codes

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby inferno_flamex » February 28th, 2009, 5:20 pm

Yay me...

Apperently im still the F/UC champ with Archer as my main...

Im a decent Lancer too.. considering i've only touched him like.. twice... Havnt even completed his story mode...

And i've just gotten a new combo... In which i took advantage of the UBW Chant in the middle of my normal combo, and chain it with a second set of combo! Making the damage in total at least about 150% of what i normally do!

Wooohooo!!...
Gone were the days where im able to chant ONLY when the enemy is down!...

WHOOOHOOO!~

And yes... I agree about the online thing.. Its getting boring playing with only a limited number of friends and my brother... >_<
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sovran » February 28th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Can someone tell me why Saber Lily during her best Ex move ( The one that activates with full Grail) is using Caliburn instead of Excalibur?
Sovran
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kcuf » February 28th, 2009, 7:44 pm

It's part of her character model and I must say IMO it suits her. If you find the artwork of her lily model, she is still using Caliburn.
Kcuf
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 1st, 2009, 3:28 am

She did say she prefered Caliburn > Excalibur anyway...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kcuf » March 1st, 2009, 1:31 pm

Ugh, I can't do a combo with Shirou that will do 8000 or more. I am ALWAYS at 7782 damage with Grail Super. Ah well, I managed to create a combo that does 5226 damage instead. I really wish we could play online. :cry:
Kcuf
Addict

Unread postby Ailtin » March 2nd, 2009, 5:02 pm

The only way to play it online would be to wait for the PSP Port and use Ad-Hoc Party on the PS3 :P
Ailtin
Might just like this board

Unread postby allanh » March 3rd, 2009, 12:00 am

just a few questions on the backwards compatibility of PS3...

As I mentioned before, I do not currently own a PS2 or PS3. I know Fate/Unlimited Code only comes in the Japanese NTSC version.
I am currently looking at several 60Gig PS3 on eBay (some 80G) which claim to be "North American NTSC with backwards compatitibility".

My question is, will those "North American" consoles be able to play the Fate/Unlimited Code game from Japan? Will there be "zone" problems?

While we are at it, will North American NTSC consoles be able to play games from other regions that also use NTSC system? Is there any mod currently available that enable the console to play both NTSC and PAL? (since I live in Australia which uses PAL).

http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Catastrophe » March 3rd, 2009, 12:06 am

allanh wrote:My question is, will those "North American" consoles be able to play the Fate/Unlimited Code game from Japan? Will there be "zone" problems?

no they wont....by legal ways
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby allanh » March 3rd, 2009, 12:11 am

Catastrophe wrote:
allanh wrote:My question is, will those "North American" consoles be able to play the Fate/Unlimited Code game from Japan? Will there be "zone" problems?

no they wont....by legal ways

so how do people in this thread play Fate/Unlimited Codes? Please don't tell me all you guys went to Japan to buy the consoles....... :shock:
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby allanh » March 3rd, 2009, 3:34 am

ah.... I end up buying a Playstation 2 just now on eBay.... well, placing my order for Fate/Unlimited Codes now.

I guess now I can buy a PS3 160G with no concern about backward compatibility since FUC is only reason I want BC for~~ :)
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 3rd, 2009, 11:03 am

Im already on an asian console.. So no problem for me to play F/UC in the first place...

Edit: Bwehhehehhh...

I managed to find the use of 'blade dance' in UBW mode.. Eheheh.. I can chain easilly now.. XDDD

Too bad lolipedo.. Too bad...

Still i cannot believe how you (claimed to have) managed to defeat HARD mode without any losses..
Even playing with Archer im almost certain to die when coming face to face with either Sakura or Gil...
Meaning i'll die an average of 1.5 times playing in HARD mode.

And when we met up that day..

I > you... XDDD
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -Shiki- » March 3rd, 2009, 12:22 pm

i hate gil in hard mode :evil: archer on hard mode on the other hand.....seems easier to defeat..far easier compared to gil..i find berserker amusing since its either i combo him 1st, or i'll get crushed :lol:berserker seems to damage waaaaaay too much for my liking..
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Kcuf » March 3rd, 2009, 3:59 pm

I managed to get to Gil on the first encounter on Arcade Mode. He was easy, lol.

Does it count as clearing Arcade Mode on Hard, if I had these options switchd on?

- Mode: Hard
- Rounds: 1
- Damage Level: 3
- Time: 99

EDIT: I am asking for personal opinions.
Kcuf
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 4th, 2009, 1:10 am

Kcuf wrote:I managed to get to Gil on the first encounter on Arcade Mode. He was easy, lol.

Does it count as clearing Arcade Mode on Hard, if I had these options switchd on?

- Mode: Hard
- Rounds: 1
- Damage Level: 3
- Time: 99

EDIT: I am asking for personal opinions.

I like to keep my modes as what thet will be in an official VS competition... Be it VS mode, or Arcade.

That is.. winning a total of 3 rounds.. And an unlimited time limit.. That way you'll reduce the chance for any 'lucky wins'.. and any match victory will be decided by the absolute sounds of the narrator going.. "K.O!"...

The 3 rounds wins is specifically just for preventing any 'lucky wins' and 'W.K.O's...
That.. And the fact that i love to 'train' my character with others.. trying to get the 'feel' of the opponent and such..

With more rounds.. You would also allow the play of strategies... Meaning.. You would be able to 'forfeit' one round, so that by the next round.. You'll have a FULL mana bar available to you right at the beginning, a GREAT advantage... Or you would sometimes 'hesitate' to use a EX SPECIAL, just becuase you should try saving up some mana for the NEXT round.. Which would risk you getting defeated on that particular round...

I find it more interesting and exiting that way...

I usually keep my damage level on the default level tho...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Alyza » March 4th, 2009, 2:59 am

I main Gil, then Kirei, Sakura, Lancer, and Archer playing on

Mode: Hard (I'd do Ultimate, but I died on my first try with 31 wins on survival with Sakura, haven't tried a second time with Gil)
Rounds: 3
Damage Level: 1
Time: Infinite
Alyza
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 4th, 2009, 3:04 am

Fabre - crap, looking at the way you guys play here I feel so inadequate... I'm not an arcade type of guy... *SIGH*

*Fabre goes back to a corner, growing mushrooms and playing with his Sabre Lily...*
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby -Shiki- » March 4th, 2009, 4:00 am

mine would be,

Mode: hard
Round: 5
Time: unlimited
Damage level: 2

i tend to practice with vs cpu and sometimes endless survival.. as inferno said, more rounds is more fun :) i need to unlock ultimate difficulty..i wanna see how bad will i get crushed :P
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » March 4th, 2009, 7:51 am

I just started playing a few weeks ago, so it might take me some time to get past 30 wins in endless survival. (25-28 wins in endless survival with Kojirou at the moment...it seems that Kojirou's parry is not enough, I need to learn how to Reflect Guard and Guard Cancel more often.)

Oh yeah...

Mode: Hard (I just 'graduated' from Arcade difficulty)
Round: 3
Time: 99 (when I rent other people's PS2) / unlimited (when I borrow my friend's PS2)
Damage level: 2
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Yazan Kiriel » March 4th, 2009, 8:18 pm

the 228c Cancels for Archer's infamous 7k damage combo (the 138 combo as some pros would know it as) is damn impossible to do perfectly on a D-Pad for PS2, anyone able to do those fancy ass 138 combos?

anyone who dunno what I mean here's a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTYm8vfpFDM

FFFFFFF I really don't wanna buy a hori arcade stick just for the PS2, is there a adapter that makes it able to play on PS3 and PC perhaps too?

Gilgamesh is my best right now, getting down the pro ass combo weapon switch stuff like those Japanese players, thank god I don't need a stick for that =)
Yazan Kiriel
Addict

Unread postby Yazan Kiriel » March 4th, 2009, 8:21 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Yay me...

Apperently im still the F/UC champ with Archer as my main...

oh hay there 138 lol
Yazan Kiriel
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat