Fate/Unlimited Codes

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Ciel » December 24th, 2008, 2:19 pm

i checked it with some memory hacking, and nope really, the only ones that seem to have alternate outfits are saber (two outfits), gil, shirou and rin. everyone else crashed the game.

Altima of the Gates
Might just like this board

Unread post by Altima of the Gates » December 24th, 2008, 2:21 pm

I'd like a normal clothes Sakura for one. As mentioned before Shirou with the Shroud of Martin would be cool. Also, just as a crack costume, Rin with the batting outfit with helmet! :lol:
Let's see what else...
► Show Spoiler

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 24th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Rin Lily... a.k.a Lily Tsundare... XDDD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 24th, 2008, 6:36 pm

So I can't figure out Saber Tech 2 or Tech 4. Also, I don't remember which one, but the Bazett vs Lancer Tech has me stumped too. Archer's Tech with Rho Aius vs Gae Bulg is annoying because I can't figure out for the life of me how to pull off Rho Aius.

In any case, I'm about 38% done with mission mode. I've done Combo 1 on most chars, but I'm not even gonna attempt the 2's and 3's -.-;;; I don't really understand the Hit or Damage ones. On the 20 hit, I got a 20-hit combo but it didn't do anything. The same when I got 1800 damage on a 1700 damage mission... Gah!!!
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.

holydiver

Unread post by holydiver » December 24th, 2008, 7:25 pm

Can I give a very good suggestion to everyone here????
Check mission mode with BerserGAR and unlock dramatic 1...

Have a nice Christmas Eve.

Amhran
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Amhran » December 25th, 2008, 12:44 am

Watashimo wrote:So I can't figure out Saber Tech 2 or Tech 4. Also, I don't remember which one, but the Bazett vs Lancer Tech has me stumped too. Archer's Tech with Rho Aius vs Gae Bulg is annoying because I can't figure out for the life of me how to pull off Rho Aius.

For Archer's tech 3 where you have to use Rho Aius, just burst and fight a bit till lancer jumps way up to toss Gae Bolg. Mash on L2 and you will usually bring out the shield. If you mean by Bazette vs. Lancer as being Lancer's Tech 1 you just have to do his EX Gae Bolg which is a little hard to pull of in just one round without killing Bazette. Just fill up your magic then let her beat on you till the grail is almost full, do a couple combos and you should get favor just make sure you dont EX right after the burst since you'll waste it when they are knocked across the screen. Gonna play around with saber a bit and try and figure those techs out.

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 25th, 2008, 1:04 am

Actually I meant Bazett's tech where you have to counter Gae Bolg. I finally got it to work. You have to enter EX mode and wait for Gae Bolg, then press R2 to counter and it does a cool cutscene where Gae Bolg darts around Fragarach in a triangle motion like in Hollow Ataraxia. They also both get hit and it shows Bazett impaled by Gae Bolg.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer

DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread post by DarkEyes » December 25th, 2008, 11:34 am

PPL!!!!! whats yo fav f/uc chara? =p mine r like archer and shirou... tryin to master em =] but god damn it i just suck at 623s.....

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 25th, 2008, 12:56 pm

Shirou is damn easy to chain into an aerial.. That I think he's kinda broken...

But Archer is still my main... I can easilly chain his 623B followed by an aerial ABC, but I cannot... CANNOT... chain 623B followed by 22B bow combo...

-___-

Saber is my 2nd char. With her i like to juggle my combos to keep my opponent guessing... XDD... That plus i have mapped Avalon into L2 so that its VERY VERY VERY easy to counter! XDDD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Duvet

Unread post by Duvet » December 25th, 2008, 2:12 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Shirou is damn easy to chain into an aerial.. That I think he's kinda broken...

But Archer is still my main... I can easilly chain his 623B followed by an aerial ABC, but I cannot... CANNOT... chain 623B followed by 22B bow combo...

-___-

Saber is my 2nd char. With her i like to juggle my combos to keep my opponent guessing... XDD... That plus i have mapped Avalon into L2 so that its VERY VERY VERY easy to counter! XDDD
To help you out, there is a way to combo with Archer's 2C bow combo. It probably works with other moves as well, but you have to be in ABC Activation and whenever you fire the bow with 2C, you immediately press 282 as a reset, then you can fire the bow again. It only works during ABC, but I reckon it's alot easier to input moves with a stick.

DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread post by DarkEyes » December 25th, 2008, 2:51 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:That plus i have mapped Avalon into L2 so that its VERY VERY VERY easy to counter! XDDD
>_>
*hates saber*

yeah shirous easy, but getting archers bow to combo isnt =p i also like bezett even tho im too lazy to start learning her =p i wonder how many ppl play sakura xD
Duvet wrote:It only works during ABC, but I reckon it's alot easier to input moves with a stick.
i think so too =p

Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Wiiown » December 25th, 2008, 5:39 pm

DarkEyes wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:That plus i have mapped Avalon into L2 so that its VERY VERY VERY easy to counter! XDDD
>_>
*hates saber*

yeah shirous easy, but getting archers bow to combo isnt =p i also like bezett even tho im too lazy to start learning her =p i wonder how many ppl play sakura xD
Duvet wrote:It only works during ABC, but I reckon it's alot easier to input moves with a stick.
i think so too =p
I recently turned up the difficulty to arcade, I had about a 6-9 win ratio when I played last night, so it is a little hard at first. I don't have a favorite char to use yet, although for whatever reason I am pretty good with rin. On normal mode arcade fighting kotomine sucked really badly, but with rin I beat him first round >_>

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 25th, 2008, 7:01 pm

So I'm 47.7% done with the missions and theres several of them I can't figure out for the life of me. I still can't get Saber Tech 2 or 4. And I can't get Assassin's Tech 1 (If I remember correctly). None of the Damage or Hit ones make sense either. I've gotten the right amount of damage and hits but it never says Success. I'm not even gonna attempt any Combo 2's or 3's... So right now I've gotten all but like 3 EX missions. Rin, Assassin, and Zero Lancer IIRC.

Also, Gil's EX is a b**** to pull off.

Duvet

Unread post by Duvet » December 25th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Watashimo wrote:So I'm 47.7% done with the missions and theres several of them I can't figure out for the life of me. I still can't get Saber Tech 2 or 4. And I can't get Assassin's Tech 1 (If I remember correctly). None of the Damage or Hit ones make sense either. I've gotten the right amount of damage and hits but it never says Success. I'm not even gonna attempt any Combo 2's or 3's... So right now I've gotten all but like 3 EX missions. Rin, Assassin, and Zero Lancer IIRC.

Also, Gil's EX is a b**** to pull off.
About the hit ones and probably damage too, make sure the number is red, not blue. Red means it was a valid hit. Blue means it was an invalid hit.

Use that for the translated mission list.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=47244166

Anium

Unread post by Anium » December 25th, 2008, 11:18 pm

LOL, Lancer's mini game is to kick shirou away like a ball.

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 26th, 2008, 5:16 pm

Invalid hit? Why would a hit be invalid? A hit is a hit.

Edit: What really sucks is when the laser on your PS2 gets really weak and it takes like 4 hours to get it to read a disc -.-... I hate my luck.

Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Wiiown » December 26th, 2008, 11:02 pm

Watashimo wrote:Invalid hit? Why would a hit be invalid? A hit is a hit.

Edit: What really sucks is when the laser on your PS2 gets really weak and it takes like 4 hours to get it to read a disc -.-... I hate my luck.
Fighting games on the ps2 amuse me because of how fast the laser moves because it has to read all of the sound files during a fight. Also, does anyone know how to get the berser-car minigame?

Duvet

Unread post by Duvet » December 27th, 2008, 12:13 am

Don't complain. Think of Melty Blood for instance if you've played it. Fate/Unlimited Codes requires precision and the like.

For the Berser-CAR minigame, it's like any other mission in mission mode. You have to complete a certain amount of missions before you unlock it. In my previous post, there's a translation guide for some of the missions.

Best minigame I've played, which isn't many, would probably be kicking Shirou as far as you can with Lancer. :)

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 27th, 2008, 12:58 am

Gil's minigame is pretty interesting, but I can't really figure it out since its really detailed. I also liked Kotomine's and Luviagelita's.

Crack Addic!

Unread post by AvatarofRage » December 27th, 2008, 3:58 am

Well, I got sick of the ridiculous timing quota for counter moves and the like, so I've mapped Sp 1 and SP 2 to L1 and R1 respectivley. Now my only complaint is that, with the exception of Caster's Rule Breaker, all the counter moves require one to be in EX mode...and there isn't enough time to go EX and counter, so really it's reduced to use when wailing in EX mode...which sucks since Rho Aius takes Archer out of EX...on the other hand, I realized that Avalaon can counter even regular hits for the same damage, I guess that's why the damage is less than H4xcalibur...

On a side note, does anyone know of a way to combo Avalon into Saber's EX? I've been trying, but the opponent falls down faster than Saber brings her sword down for EX, and I can't seem X-cancel at any point to speed things up.

Oh, for the people who've hacked the save-state, is there any rewards for beating any/all missions other than more missions?