Fate/Unlimited Codes

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

mir
Crack Addic!

Unread post by mir » December 22nd, 2008, 12:38 am

Caster seems like a lot of work to get stuff done. Timing doesn't appear to be the same for all characters, the 214C part in her juggle connects on some like rider/archer does not connect saber...frustrating. That said, i really like her mixups :D
There is nothing to fear now.

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » December 22nd, 2008, 7:42 am

To do Bazette's Fragarach counter you must have her in EX mode (i.e. grail favor and 300% mana bar). When someone uses their special move, activate Fragarach with L2 (a+b+c) and she will counter, cancelling their special and do a TON of damage to her opponent (the damage varies slightly but will do more damage against different opponents for some reason). I have tested this on every character and it works for ranged and close-up special moves. The special "Fragarach/Gae Bolg" cutscene happens when you use this counter against Lancer's Gae Bolg specials (on the ground and in the air). This counter only works with damage dealing counters, so it will not counter Avalon (duh), Lancer's runes, Rider's Breaker Gorgon, etc.

To do Archer's Rho Aias counter, you must have 300 percent mana (just to be safe, I can't remember right now) and you must have activate the mana bar. When your opponent uses their special move (only damaging specials and I think only ranged, haven't tested it) just push L2 (a+b+c) and he will use Rho Aias. I've used this against the thrown Gae Bolg Special just for nostalgia. I do not know if Rho Aias will break against other specials but I'm thinking it won't.

To do the Avalon counter, Saber must have her mana bar activated. Input the command for Avalon so it gets hit by whatever special is being thrown at it, and she will counter it with Excalibur. If Avalon is used against and air special, like the thrown Gae Bolg, then Saber will counter it with a ranged Excalibur beam instead of the cutscene that plays normally. This is will counter every damaging special in the game as far as I've tested.

I know I've said a bunch of stuff everyone knows (i.e. what stuff does) but I wanted to be clear. I would have liked to see a Avalon/Fragarach counter scene but I guess the properties of both Nobel Phantasms don't really allow that. But you gotta wonder how strange that cutscene would look if it could happen. Also, Lancer's normal Gae Bolg special won't hit Avalon, so Saber won't counter.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 22nd, 2008, 8:27 am

Sepheriel wrote:To do the Avalon counter, Saber must have her mana bar activated. Input the command for Avalon so it gets hit by whatever special is being thrown at it, and she will counter it with Excalibur. If Avalon is used against and air special, like the thrown Gae Bolg, then Saber will counter it with a ranged Excalibur beam instead of the cutscene that plays normally. This is will counter every damaging special in the game as far as I've tested.
Have you tested inputing Avalon DURING an opponent cutscene?

I presume that you have to input Avalon before the opponent actually makes a strike... If this is the only way, its kinda hard to time and predict...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Crack Addic!

Unread post by AvatarofRage » December 22nd, 2008, 8:33 am

Wow, L2 when Bursted? I must have missed that in the movelist...does anyone other that Bezzett and Archer have a move like that? I'd check but the TV's unavailable at the moment...

Akeashar
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Akeashar » December 22nd, 2008, 10:31 am

Picked up my copy today from the post office... apparently the super dodgy delivery guy 'tried' to drop it off on Saturday, which is a euphemism for 'dropped a pickup card and ran'... except he didn't seem to drop a pickup card. Good thing I keep checking the online tracking to find that out. :p

... nvm about what I wrote. Important to know the difference between accept and cancel. >< Whee!
Last edited by Akeashar on December 22nd, 2008, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » December 22nd, 2008, 10:39 am

inferno_flamex wrote:
Sepheriel wrote:To do the Avalon counter, Saber must have her mana bar activated. Input the command for Avalon so it gets hit by whatever special is being thrown at it, and she will counter it with Excalibur. If Avalon is used against and air special, like the thrown Gae Bolg, then Saber will counter it with a ranged Excalibur beam instead of the cutscene that plays normally. This is will counter every damaging special in the game as far as I've tested.
Have you tested inputing Avalon DURING an opponent cutscene?

I presume that you have to input Avalon before the opponent actually makes a strike... If this is the only way, its kinda hard to time and predict...
No, the timing on Avalon and all of the counters isn't very strict, at least to me. Say, Lancer uses Gae Bolg (thrown) and you see his cutscene for it. Just spam the Avalon input during it and she will use Avalon, Gae Bolg will hit it, and she will counter. Just as log as Avalon is out to be hit by the attack, then timing doesn't have to be from perfect.
AvataroRage wrote:Wow, L2 when Bursted? I must have missed that in the movelist...does anyone other that Bezzett and Archer have a move like that? I'd check but the TV's unavailable at the moment...
Only Bazette and Archer have those type of L2 counters from what I have seen. I have not unlocked Leysritt, Saber Alter, or Zero Lancer yet but I'm sure they don't have them.

Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Wiiown » December 22nd, 2008, 6:51 pm

Nobody else has the ABC counters. However the timing for avalon is a little more strict than you might think, you only have a window of about a half a second for whatever to hit for saber to counter. I sort of wish that you didn't have to burst for rho aius because most of the specials you block won't require a burst by your opponent which means they could simply wait you out. If they made Rho Aius useable without a burst required I believe it would be more useful. Avalon is still the single greatest shield in the game though.

TheYummyKenshin
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by TheYummyKenshin » December 22nd, 2008, 10:03 pm

Anyone know if Zero Lancer's Gae Dearg bypasses avalon and the other counters?

holydiver
Might just like this board

Unread post by holydiver » December 22nd, 2008, 10:15 pm

TheYummyKenshin wrote:Anyone know if Zero Lancer's Gae Dearg bypasses avalon and the other counters?
No,I don't think so: it would make Zero Lancer pretty broken in a game where all the characters seem top tiers.

Ah,just a question for the ones that know japanese:
How I unlock the second picture of every character in the extra men??(I'm talking about the picture where it is written:"the name of the character" VS "name of someone I don't know nothing about").

Thanks in advance.

Duvet

Unread post by Duvet » December 22nd, 2008, 11:03 pm

holydiver wrote:
No,I don't think so: it would make Zero Lancer pretty broken in a game where all the characters seem top tiers.

Ah,just a question for the ones that know japanese:
How I unlock the second picture of every character in the extra men??(I'm talking about the picture where it is written:"the name of the character" VS "name of someone I don't know nothing about").

Thanks in advance.
Beat Survival with the character you want.

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » December 22nd, 2008, 11:20 pm

TheYummyKenshin wrote:Anyone know if Zero Lancer's Gae Dearg bypasses avalon and the other counters?
This is what wikipedia has on Zero Lancer: Lancer: Diarmuid Ua Duibhne, a Servant with two Noble Phantasms: Gae Buidhe - Golden Rose of Mortality and Gae Dearg - Crimson Rose of Exorcism, which can counter Saber and Berserker's abilities.

I'm thinking maybe he can counter Berserker's thing where he can't be stunned by hits and maybe he can pierce through Avalon, but if he could do that then he could bust through Rho Aias as well. I would hope he can't do any of those since that would be pretty damn broken and overpowered if you ask me. I have not unlocked him since I haven't played arcade with anyone. I haven't played Heaven's Feel yet so I don't want to play through arcade with anyone with the possibility of stuff being spoiled.

TheYummyKenshin
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by TheYummyKenshin » December 22nd, 2008, 11:45 pm

I just had my little bro help me test. Gae Dearg doesn't go through avalon at all :(

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 23rd, 2008, 12:09 am

I know that Gae Dearg (red one) can be combo'd up to three times in succession...

And each successful hit at an enemy drains them of one mana point.. or 1/3 of full mana bar...

I do not really have much idea what Gae... uh... Gold Rose do... Its attack looks like it could stun an enemy but.. meh.. Maybe all it does is damage.

PS... i kinda need confirmation on this...
(Normal) Lancer has a special ability where he carves a circle like thing on the ground.. i suspect these are his... orb things.. but what EXACTLY does it do in game? I kinda get the feeling that it raises his attack powers but is that all?

Oh and Rider's Breaker Gorgon... To me... all that she does is she opens her covers... but it should at least do something right?

EDIT~

@seph..
Dont worry about spoilers.. There are almost none if you skip the 'text scenes'... which can be done very easilly by pressing the START button... Besides.. I have not completed HF route myself, but the only one i would consider a 'spoiler' is Rider's last boss... which showed 'who VS who' in game...
So if you already know the basic spoilarz of the game you should not have much of a problem with it...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 23rd, 2008, 1:06 am

I got to play mine today and I can't pull off any EX for the life of me. I have full mana, full grail favor and even when I do the combo nothing happens. I tried assigning EX to R2, but that does nothing as well. I can't get any character to use their EX.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.

Crack Addic!

Unread post by AvatarofRage » December 23rd, 2008, 1:19 am

According to Wiki, Gold Rose prevented the victim from healing past the wound it inflicts, essentially cutting off their maximum HP. I've yet to notice if it actually does that, but considering the abysmal damage I think it does.

As for Red Rose, yeah, I'm pretty sure it cancel's Berserker's God Hand, and Leysritt's Full Power, although it may take all three hits.

Lancer's 236236B is his Runes, and they up all his parameters (Atk, Spd, Def) but it feels like not enough to warrant the mana cost...

Does anyone know what Sakura's 22C does? the one where she wraps herself in in a cocoon thing,

And Watashimo, try making sure you're not pressing L2 until after your health bar is glowing from Grail, and most Ex need you to be standing right next to you're opponent. Just try messing around in practice until you get it

Henza
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Henza » December 23rd, 2008, 1:51 am

Sigh~~~
Envy those wif PS2's

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 23rd, 2008, 3:58 am

AvatarofRage wrote: And Watashimo, try making sure you're not pressing L2 until after your health bar is glowing from Grail, and most Ex need you to be standing right next to you're opponent. Just try messing around in practice until you get it
These are the hardest combos to pull off i've ever seen... -.-

Edit: Yea, I've sat in practice mode for like 10 minutes. Trying multiple chars. I cannot pull off an EX. Health bar glows from grail, full mana, stand next to enemy (even tried standing away from enemy), and pushed EX button. Even tried the combo itself. Nothing works.

Edit 2: I unlocked Kotomine's curry game! Haha, its tough! You have to beat like 5 of his missions and it comes up as a "???" in the mission menu. The easiest missions to beat are the technique ones - 4, 5, and 6 are just KOing the enemy. Dramatic 1 is Kirei and Lancer vs Shirou. The combo and damage ones are hard ^^;;;
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer

Duvet

Unread post by Duvet » December 23rd, 2008, 4:18 am

Are you sure you're doing it correctly?

After the Grail is full and if your health bar gets highlighted green, you're good to go. Make sure you have your mana bar full and press L2 to go into activation. You'll shine gold when done right. You can assign yourself an EX using R2 or just do it the normal way. No combos involved except for Gilgamesh.

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 23rd, 2008, 4:21 am

Duvet wrote:Are you sure you're doing it correctly?

After the Grail is full and if your health bar gets highlighted green, you're good to go. Make sure you have your mana bar full and press L2 to go into activation. You'll shine gold when done right. You can assign yourself an EX using R2 or just do it the normal way. No combos involved except for Gilgamesh.
Yea, thats exactly how I did it and I got nothing. Do you have to do anything AFTER pressing L2? That may be where my problem lies if you do.

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » December 23rd, 2008, 4:36 am

TheYummyKenshin wrote:I just had my little bro help me test. Gae Dearg doesn't go through avalon at all Sad
That's good to know since Avalon is the ultimate defense. Would be lame if something could break it.
inferno_flamex wrote:I do not really have much idea what Gae... uh... Gold Rose do... Its attack looks like it could stun an enemy but.. meh.. Maybe all it does is damage. Oh and Rider's Breaker Gorgon... To me... all that she does is she opens her covers... but it should at least do something right?
Gae Buidhe (Gold Rose) lowers the maximum HP of the opponent so when they are healing from activating their mana bar, it lower the maximum health they can regain. Basically shortens their life bar.

Breaker Gorgon slows down the opponent by 25% including falling.