Fate/Unlimited Codes

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 20th, 2008, 3:59 pm

Ciel wrote:yeah i guess. after unlocking everything i could i transferred my save from the ps2 to pcsx2 and tried memory hacking, but no matter what number i tried anything before/after the existing character roster always resets me to bazett.

so sadly the only way to play as ilya is pressing a button during the end credits and beating up caster's skeletons. ;_;
And it also seems that the Barzette 'couter move' that is shown in the trailer is also not in game huh?...

Anyway...
You say you've completed most of the game eh?

So is it really true that the main menu slot that was a '????' is actually the mini games area?
Oooohh.. And i heard that there was a Saber Mini-game! Me so effing WANT... Something about a joke being her 'part time job'...

And do you need to complete MISSION MODE to get all the unlocks and bonuses and stuffs?

@Watashimo..
Dude.. How are things? Have your 'method of playing' arrived yet?
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Ciel » December 20th, 2008, 4:02 pm

the slot with ???? turns into survival. i hear the minigames are a part of mission mode.

Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Wiiown » December 20th, 2008, 9:37 pm

This was weird, I just started to play arcade mode with Bazette (other arcade completed chars were Archer, Saber, Shiro (fuck you kotomine), Rider, Luvia) and the second opponent I fought was Leysritt. It didn't even give me a new challenger approaching message for whatever reason, she just popped up as a normal character to fight in the lineup and then I fought luvia with a challenger approaching message on the next fight. Weird. All in all I am glad I made the purchase, I am having more fun with this game than C F/F despite the no 2v2 thing.

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » December 20th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Anyone else find Assassin crazily cheap? If you keep spamming Triangle + Analog Backwards, you can do some combos that will always break and do massive damage. I haven't lost once with him and all I do is smash that button. I can do it with others, but eventually the AI gets me, but not with him.

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » December 21st, 2008, 12:26 am

inferno_flamex wrote: @Watashimo..
Dude.. How are things? Have your 'method of playing' arrived yet?
Negative. I shouldn't have used USPS. Its all fine though, because I wasn't expecting F/UC until Monday or Tuesday anyway. Besides, its sort of a good thing I don't have it. I worked these past few days and I'm afraid I might have called in sick if I was able to play. Thankfully I have Monday-Friday off :)
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.

Crack Addic!

Unread post by AvatarofRage » December 21st, 2008, 3:36 am

inferno_flamex wrote:
Ciel wrote: And it also seems that the Barzette 'couter move' that is shown in the trailer is also not in game huh?...
Well I'm not sure about her 236236B, since I've never been in a position to try it when being attacked by another special (since Bazzett's usually close range, and thus no chance to react)

But I'm positive her EX move is the 'counter', since there's a lot of text in the input box on the command list. I suspect it has something to do with the orbs she leaves floating with 214214 A/B/C, but exactly what I'm not sure...

Duvet
Might just like this board

Unread post by Duvet » December 21st, 2008, 3:55 am

I want to say the counter isn't in the game. As far as her EX goes, your just need 2 Fragarach lingering around. What I want to know for sure is there might possibly be two extra characters since there are two empty slots in that Camera Gallery mode thing. Maybe you have to complete Mission Mode 100%? I'm at around 25% and I'm losing interest fast. Especially for things like Damage 3-4 or Technique 3-4...

EDIT: Nvm. Probably Ilya and the Skeleton model. >.>;;

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 21st, 2008, 4:23 am

Duvet wrote:I want to say the counter isn't in the game. As far as her EX goes, your just need 2 Fragarach lingering around. What I want to know for sure is there might possibly be two extra characters since there are two empty slots in that Camera Gallery mode thing. Maybe you have to complete Mission Mode 100%? I'm at around 25% and I'm losing interest fast. Especially for things like Damage 3-4 or Technique 3-4...

EDIT: Nvm. Probably Ilya and the Skeleton model. >.>;;

You mean in the 'Others' section? The one located below Zero Lancer right?

I unlocked one of em.. And its a pic of Archer and Saber... You know.. the one that can be found on the website...

Crack Addic!

Unread post by AvatarofRage » December 21st, 2008, 5:12 am

Okay, yeah. Bazzett, So, her Special B does 1000, and comes out instantly. If done at the same time as opponent does a move, it'll almost definitely cancel it. If they do a projectile, then it will go right through the projectile, causing it to do less damage, and still do normal damage itself.

If you have two Fragarach out, then it instead does 3500 damage, but nothing else changes.

As for her EX, yeah, you need two Fragarach out. It's nothing like what was in the commercial,
HOWEVER
This move comes out extremley fast (especially if you have it mapped to R2), and will cancel and hit against any and every special in the game, with the exception of the 'sure hit' moves (Tsubame, Gae Bolg, etc)

Finally, there is NO WAY to do what they showed in the commercial, with Fragarach vs Gae Bolg swerving around each other. If you do it on the ground, then Fragarach flies over Lancer's head when he crouches, and Bazzett gets hit. If you do it with Lancer's aerial special (Where he throws Gae Bolg), then one, both, or neither will hit, depending on the distance between players, but there's no special cutscene or anything

On a side note, this game is really anal about special clashes. Moves have to be executed at literally the same moment for it to register, and for them to cancel each other out.
It's also kinda ridiculous trying to use Avalon, considering it does less damage that plain old Excalibur.

Finally, I highly recommend mapping EX to R2 as Inferno said. Oh and Inferno, Duvet's talking about the last two slots in the U/C section of extras

Duvet
Might just like this board

Unread post by Duvet » December 21st, 2008, 5:54 am

I've been playing around with Archer's Rho Aias against pretty much everything. Thing I learned about Rho Aius is that it doesn't stay all the way during Caster's Energy Ball super when she's fires twice in succession.

Has anyone else been able to manage Archer's 2C (bow) combo with Caladbolg II as seen in match videos?

P.S. Enuma Elish beats Excalibur.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 21st, 2008, 6:22 am

Duvet wrote:I've been playing around with Archer's Rho Aias against pretty much everything. Thing I learned about Rho Aius is that it doesn't stay all the way during Caster's Energy Ball super when she's fires twice in succession.

Has anyone else been able to manage Archer's 2C (bow) combo with Caladbolg II as seen in match videos?

P.S. Enuma Elish beats Excalibur.

There's Rho Aias? Wut? Really? How come i didnt notice that...

~~
Yeah.. Yeah i can combo finish with a Caladbolg2 but the problem for me is...

Finding a way from the ground with K&B equipped, launch the enemy upwards, change equip to bow, press X, shoot bow upward at enemy, high jump, QCF A/B, Caladbolg2...

Its possible.. seriously... I've found one guy using archer that is able to do this in YouTube...

I can only chain Caladbolg after the bow attack, but my attacks needs me to already have the bow equipped and me airborne...

~EDIT!~

Since its been a long time since i checked the website... I returned to see a pic of a MAID CAFE!
http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_uc/information.html

Someone... Translation pls!

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 21st, 2008, 6:56 am

Sorry for the double post.. But i managed to find out that they sell cakes and stuffs that has a FSN theme... Here's the menu i got from Babelfish...

Original menu Drink of seven classes

~:~:~:~

Rider (grape juice - Calpis) ¥450
Saber (blue Hawaiian - ginger ale) ¥450
Archer (cam cam soda - [aisutei]) ¥450
Lancer (blue Hawaiian - cola) ¥450
Caster (grape juice - cola) ¥450
Berserker (ice cocoa - chocolate source) ¥450
Assassin (honey green tea ) ¥450

Secret menu & the open menu with only of Web

[seibaririi] (ginger ale - Calpis) - the case of order please request menu name to the staff. ¥450

Special

[girugametsushiyu] (ginger ale) - the case of order of 1 items or more "Fate/unlimited code". When presentation it receives the package, we service this drink. Service..

Hood

Intense it is harsh [mabo] the bowl - It is offer the favorite of the word peak priest, with the intense harshly [mabo] tofu as a bowl. ¥800

Black [seibagasando] - reproducing the favorite hamburger of the black saber. We prepared the fried potato in the attaching adjusting. ¥1,000

Dessert

Ice of Ilya - Putting [arazan] on the vanilla ice large peak ice, it represented [iria].   Adding the cocoa cookie which represents the bar sir car. ¥600

Archer's cake - It is the wild cake which represents Archer's [anrimitetsudobureidowakusu]. ¥600
Dang that was quite a hassle to translate these stuffs to babelfish and prevent any bugs from happening in the forum...
Note - Cannot 'copy and paste' directly from babelfish...

Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Wiiown » December 21st, 2008, 7:24 am

Saw the cafe too, highly amusing. I also wondered how Bazett's counter skills etc work. I will test these tomorrow, I think there actually IS a way to do the bouncing fragrach like it was shown in the commercial. As for lancer/Bazett dual stab cutscene, maybe there is a special way to use the fragrach orb other than just as an attack instantly after someone throws out a special? Kinda like how you have to activate Rho Aius by pressing abc during the cutscene. Could be wrong though.

Lusor
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Lusor » December 21st, 2008, 12:13 pm

To use the Bazzett counter you have to do the same thing to do the Rho Aias and have the holy grial, works for me.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 21st, 2008, 2:56 pm

Lusor wrote:To use the Bazzett counter you have to do the same thing to do the Rho Aias and have the holy grial, works for me.
How do you do Rho Aius!? How!?... How many bars?

Lusor
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Lusor » December 21st, 2008, 3:15 pm

Using triangle, square and circle at the same time (when you have the magic gauge filled and you have the grial if you want to use the Bazzett's counter), then use the three buttons again during the ativation of an special(no grial specials, i think) to counter it.

Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Wiiown » December 21st, 2008, 7:03 pm

Just tested the theory I assumed yesterday and it turns out it was right. If lancer uses gae bolg of any type, air or otherwise and you use bazett's EX counter grail (have the grail full and be bursted, then instead of using 236236 C you use ABC again) and the cutscene happened. The gaebolg and fragrach went around eachother and both bazett and Lancer got stabbed. Didn't test with the thrown gae bolg but I imagine the same happens. Also, as an alternative to lusor's suggestion, just use the L2 button again during the cutscene for any attack. One last note: for Bazett's counter fragrach you still need the grail but you do not need to set down 2 orbs first, you only need to burst after acquiring the grail and then press l2 again during any NP cutscene. Hope this helped.

Lusor
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Lusor » December 21st, 2008, 8:20 pm

I tested the counter in the thrown gae bolg the first time, is the same

Squall
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Squall » December 21st, 2008, 8:32 pm

Weird, I've unlocked all three extra characters and Saber Lily, and I've only beaten about 9 characters in arcade.
Game's great so far, the only annoying thing is the huge difference between difficulty levels *Beginner - AI just stands there, Normal - 3000+ combos on a regular basis...*

Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Wiiown » December 21st, 2008, 11:00 pm

Squall wrote:Weird, I've unlocked all three extra characters and Saber Lily, and I've only beaten about 9 characters in arcade.
Game's great so far, the only annoying thing is the huge difference between difficulty levels *Beginner - AI just stands there, Normal - 3000+ combos on a regular basis...*
Try going from normal to arcade, I had gilgamesh going from those 3000+ combos on a regular basis to a 45 hit combo without a gate of babylon.