Fate/Unlimited Codes

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Shiirn
Might just like this board

Unread post by Shiirn » November 20th, 2008, 5:08 pm

KratosIrving wrote::shock: Dammit! Almost a skirt peak!

Hmm, looks like Dark Saber will definetly be the slow powerhouse I was expecting. Looks slower than Berserker in some ways too, which is strange.
Makes sense, because in the VN she was the slowest servant in FSN (D rank agility = lower then Caster's C
► Show Spoiler

KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread post by KratosIrving » November 20th, 2008, 6:35 pm

Sepheriel wrote:
LOL! I'm pretty sure she's wearing some kind of pants instead of just underwear :P
I'm just annoyed since it's another skirt tease like when Berserker is shown holding Ilya.

*Feels everyones eyes on me while they move away*

...What? 8)

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » November 21st, 2008, 4:02 am

KratosIrving wrote:
Sepheriel wrote:
LOL! I'm pretty sure she's wearing some kind of pants instead of just underwear :P
I'm just annoyed since it's another skirt tease like when Berserker is shown holding Ilya.

*Feels everyones eyes on me while they move away*

...What? 8)
LOL! I'm sure you aren't alone in your "interests" :P
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!

bahamut zero

Unread post by bahamut zero » November 23rd, 2008, 11:42 am

Yay, boxart ^_^

Mugen no Tsurugi

Unread post by Mugen no Tsurugi » November 23rd, 2008, 7:59 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:D

NonExistence
Crack Addic!
Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread post by NonExistence » November 24th, 2008, 12:35 am

... bahamut zero, you just had to torture us, didn't you?

... or rather torture me, since i probably won't be getting my hands on it anytime soon... :cry:
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » November 24th, 2008, 3:01 am

Hey, it says its for Asian/JPN systems only, do PS2s have a region lock on them? My brother has a PS2 but I don't.

Edit: Boo. So I have to get an asian system or break the law... whats the purpose of region locks? So dumb. >.<
So its really going to cost me $280 to play the game...

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » November 24th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Watashimo wrote:Hey, it says its for Asian/JPN systems only, do PS2s have a region lock on them? My brother has a PS2 but I don't.

Edit: Boo. So I have to get an asian system or break the law... whats the purpose of region locks? So dumb. >.<
So its really going to cost me $280 to play the game...

Check your brother's games...

My PS2 can only play NTSC region games even WITH the modchip thingie for backup games purposes...
And using common sense, and the fact that i live in Asia... I believe that the NTSC is the region that the Japanese/Asian systems rely on...

While i would say that the USA/Europe versions would have the PAL counterpart...

So find your brother's games and take a good look at the box... Find the part of the box where they would have 'VIDEO' 'AUDIO' 'MENU' 'LANGUAGE'... etc etc..

If you're lucky to find a WORKING/LEGAL game that has the letters NTSC under the 'VIDEO' tab... Chances are, you can play FUC when it will be released without having to do anything to your PS2..

And the purposes of 'region lock'...

Hmm. Dont blame the PS2 makers actually.. But blame the TV companies... From what i know, its your local TV stations decision to either decide to use either NTSC or PAL that's going to be hardcoded into your tv... or something like that... It just so happen that MOST US stations uses PAL settings for their commercials and shows, while the Asian countries uses the NTSC settings... I guess, in a way, you could say that it is an attempt for the TV stations to not have any people from other regions view their shows with some sort of SUPER SETALLITE...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread post by NanatsuYa » November 24th, 2008, 5:19 pm

Ugh... I'll need SOME cash for this, first an mod-chip for my PS2, and then like 80$ (like 640 swedish crowns) for all of this... Sure hope money will be on my side this christmas...
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.

Duvet

Unread post by Duvet » November 24th, 2008, 5:38 pm

Well, you could make your life easier and buy a Swap Magic (disc) instead. It's rather cheaper than a mod chip and less risky of wrecking your PS2. I haven't been up to date, but I think it's around $40-60 if I'm not mistaken. Depending on if you have the older PS2 model or the newer one, you'd need a different component along with the Swap Magic. For the older PS2, you need to use a slide tool and for the newer one, it's easier to just change your flip top on your PS2. If you want to look up tutorials, you can always check out Youtube.

Now, something more related to F/UC with a match between Archer, Berserker, and UBW.

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » November 24th, 2008, 6:24 pm

inferno_flamex wrote: Check your brother's games...

My PS2 can only play NTSC region games even WITH the modchip thingie for backup games purposes...
And using common sense, and the fact that i live in Asia... I believe that the NTSC is the region that the Japanese/Asian systems rely on...

While i would say that the USA/Europe versions would have the PAL counterpart...

So find your brother's games and take a good look at the box... Find the part of the box where they would have 'VIDEO' 'AUDIO' 'MENU' 'LANGUAGE'... etc etc..

If you're lucky to find a WORKING/LEGAL game that has the letters NTSC under the 'VIDEO' tab... Chances are, you can play FUC when it will be released without having to do anything to your PS2..
I believe that NTSC is for US and PAL is for pretty much everywhere else. So is the NTSC/PAL the ONLY type of region lock there is? Or is there a more specific lock as well, such as for differences between PAL countries?
Edit: Actually I think japan uses NTSC as well. Hmm.

Kcuf
Addict

Unread post by Kcuf » November 24th, 2008, 6:47 pm

I remember somewhere in another website when I searched for F/UC's region code, it said: "NTSC/J". I also just checked Himeyashop and it says that F/UC is only for Japanese consoles.

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » November 25th, 2008, 12:49 am

I'm not too sure for the PS2, but for the XBOX 360 consoles, there is a NTSC/Japan and an NTSC/US. Games from different regions cannot play in the other region. The problem now is whether the PS2 also had an NTSC/Japan and NTSC/US, or just a 'NTSC' which both uses.

Of course, PAL games don't work with NTSC. Here's something to note though. UK released games (PAL games) work on Australian consoles (also on PAL), but I think that's because both UK and Aus consoles share the same system.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » November 25th, 2008, 4:26 am

Hmm. Well I still can't wait until it comes out. If someone could give definite confirmation on the region issue, I would be much obliged. I would really like to know if I have to spend more money than I need to. Please k thnx. :)

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » November 25th, 2008, 4:40 am

Watashimo wrote:Hmm. Well I still can't wait until it comes out. If someone could give definite confirmation on the region issue, I would be much obliged. I would really like to know if I have to spend more money than I need to. Please k thnx. :)
you will have to have a a modded NA or a native jap PS2.

no idea what will i do since i have ps3 :?
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Akeashar
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Akeashar » November 25th, 2008, 10:26 am

PAL and NTSC at their most basic has to do with the frequency of the TV. If I remember right, PAL is 50hz and NTSC is 60hz. And having played PAL vs NTSC games you can really notice the difference... DDS1 only ran on the lower hz and felt like running through treacle, while DDS2 had the 60hz option and felt like you were running in fast forward in comparison. :p

Region coding with game systems is a block, pure and simple. If the block is removed or worked around you can play any game on any system. Console systems suffer from it the most, PCs have a limited variant at times, and handhelds not at all. Its like the region coding on DVDs... the only reason its there is to block people from other areas from buying DVDs internationally to watch. Theres no practical reason someone in Australia (like myself) shouldn't be able to watch DVDs from another PAL region (like Europe) but since they belong to different region codes, they're blocked... but Europe and Japan share the same region despite Europe being PAL and Japan being NTSC.

My Atari 2600 was never region coded, the SNES had an additional piece of plastic in the US consoles to try and force only their cartridges to work in it, all my Sega and Playstation consoles are (naturally) region coded but gotten around... My X-Box is region coded, but depending on the games, my US 360 can play almost anything, as long as it hasn't got the coding on the disk, since a large number of software companies don't put the protection on since its not mandatory with the 360. Its all about the money from forcing the market to only buy from the local supplies rather than cheaper international sources.

And yes, NTSC/US and NTSC/J are two different beasts when it comes to region coding on PS1 & PS2. I've tried some of my NTSC/J PS2 software on a native NTSC/US PS2 and it doesn't work.

... and there ends my rant.

Either way, even if I can't use a work around to get F/UC to work on my australian PAL PS2, I'm still getting for Saber Lily.

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Ciel » November 25th, 2008, 1:44 pm

btw. is talking about a modded/softmodded console to remove region locking considered illegal? just wondering.

you physically own the game and an actual console, so there should be no reason not to allow you to play it.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » November 25th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Ciel wrote:you physically own the game and an actual console, so there should be no reason not to allow you to play it.
tell that to $ONY :x
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Watashimo » November 25th, 2008, 8:51 pm

Stupid greedy companies.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.

Unread post by Message » November 26th, 2008, 2:00 am

Ciel wrote:btw. is talking about a modded/softmodded console to remove region locking considered illegal? just wondering.
Talking about it is not illegal. Doing it is. (We don't want that topic discussed in these forums, though.)