Fate/Unlimited Codes

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » August 7th, 2008, 11:41 pm

Why does
► Show Spoiler

Minimoto
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Minimoto » August 8th, 2008, 3:22 am

Do you think this game will ever be licensed in America?

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » August 8th, 2008, 3:30 am

Minimoto wrote:Do you think this game will ever be licensed in America?
I HIGHLY doubt it. Reasons are as follows: Fate/Stay Night has not received nearly enough exposure to go through the time, money, and effort to license the game in America. Even if the Fate/Stay Night anime somehow got on national television in the US, is still would not be enough to license the game. Heck, even Bleach has video games that have not been licensed for release in the US and its a pretty popular anime here. There just isn't enough demand for it to get licensed.

Minimoto
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Minimoto » August 10th, 2008, 1:48 pm

That's what I thought. It's too bad...

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » August 10th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Not only Bleach, even Naruto, Evangelion, Ranma, Macross series, Inuyasha, Blood+ and the Gundam series (just to name a few). I'm not sure if Blood+ was all that succesful, but there is (or are?) a game based on it that, as far as I know, wasn't localized, Naruto has a who-knows how many games (fighting games, ones where you don't have to really read much) that haven't been localized, heck! if my memory is working properly, even DBZ has some games that were never localized! There is a loooong list to go.... and sadly it all says that the F/SN game will never be translated ("professionally" speaking), too bad, because that would give hope for future T-M games translations.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » August 10th, 2008, 10:36 pm

I think it is actually good that TYPE-MOON games don't get licensed in the US. To me I think that the games would get cut all over the place. I mean Realta Nua wouldn't really be bad localized but the originals maybe would get cut from the H-scenes. Of course I could be wrong. I just think its fine the way it is. But if they do bring it to the US I'd still buy it :P

Minimoto
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Minimoto » August 10th, 2008, 10:43 pm

That is true, most games have so many things cut from them. The original Japanese ones have more characters, specials, etc.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » August 14th, 2008, 12:50 pm

Sepheriel wrote:I think it is actually good that TYPE-MOON games don't get licensed in the US. To me I think that the games would get cut all over the place. I mean Realta Nua wouldn't really be bad localized but the originals maybe would get cut from the H-scenes. Of course I could be wrong. I just think its fine the way it is. But if they do bring it to the US I'd still buy it :P
Meh..

Those scenes were mostly forced anyway..

But then again.. They have to find a way to actually 'tell' the process that happenned there...

True the situations were forced.. But we've gotta admit that there was an important decision that caused that 'forced' situation that would be left hanging if they decided to 'chop it all off'...

And honestly another reason that it wont be ported to English.. Is meh.. Unlimited Codes just a so and so fighting game...

The characters are limited due to the FSN background... Unlike popular VS games like Street Fighter, KoF, or maybe even Guilty Gear... These popular games have the ability to 'Create New Character' to save their asses...

Complex games like Soul Calibur have... well.. complex buttons and in-depth combos to save THEIR asses...

I doubt UC has that kind of in-depth of a gaming experience...

Fate UC... Is just more fan service for fans...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Kansho » August 14th, 2008, 12:53 pm

You can call Melty Blood exactly the same and it's considered a solid and really good, if not one of the best 2D fighting game... :roll:

And Fate and Tsukihime have a lot of unused characters to make some use of them.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » August 14th, 2008, 9:33 pm

Usually if a fighting game is released in Japan arcades, then I'm sure is has to be good enough for that. If UC was a bad fighting game, why bother porting it to the PS2??

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » August 15th, 2008, 3:00 am

Sepheriel wrote:Usually if a fighting game is released in Japan arcades, then I'm sure is has to be good enough for that. If UC was a bad fighting game, why bother porting it to the PS2??
Honestly?

Quote self during Mar 17th, page 1.
inferno_flamex wrote:
Raitei wrote:woah, so... I think we in Indonesia have little opportunity to try it then...
waahh, I hope they'll release it for ps2 or ps3 too...
Im kinda confident that it would be released for either one of those consoles... Knowing Capcom, they dont just stop at JUST ARCADE ver. only...
Im willing to bet that it would be released on the PS3 tho (even tho right now i feel like stabbing myself in the heart for saying that, while NOT owning a PS3)

Oh gawd.. I wish it will be released for the PS2 too...
Hell... if Gundam Musou is for PS3 while Gundam Musou SPECIAL is for PS2... I guess anything is possible..
They just do that...
Capcom games always tend to focus on their console games as well as the arcade... That's just the way they work...

OOOOHHHH!!!!
If there were a new Marvel vs Capcom game... I WISH there would be a handful of FSN characters there...

~~~
And yes i agree that MB is a good game...
But it still lack an english port.. doesnt it?
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » August 25th, 2008, 9:08 pm

OMFG FINFALLY! ;_;
鶴翼三連
KanshouBakuya Triple attack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUSKMclc1b8

Mugen no Tsurugi
Might just like this board

Unread post by Mugen no Tsurugi » August 25th, 2008, 9:57 pm

Einherjar wrote:OMFG FINFALLY! ;_;
鶴翼三連
KanshouBakuya Triple attack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUSKMclc1b8
That move and Archer's are too hard to pull off, it's really easy to dodge it or just intentionally get hit by it.

But on a CPU... :twisted:

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » August 26th, 2008, 8:32 am

CAN'T WAIT TILL DECEMBER, I WANNA PLAY IT NOW!!! >_< ARGGGH!!

*types "operation cwal"*

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » August 26th, 2008, 3:40 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote:CAN'T WAIT TILL DECEMBER, I WANNA PLAY IT NOW!!! >_< ARGGGH!!

*types "operation cwal"*
I know EXACTLY how you feel! I'm dying to get it!

Mugen no Tsurugi

Unread post by Mugen no Tsurugi » August 26th, 2008, 5:52 pm

Sepheriel wrote:
nanaya_shinya wrote:CAN'T WAIT TILL DECEMBER, I WANNA PLAY IT NOW!!! >_< ARGGGH!!

*types "operation cwal"*
Me three... :shock:

Duvet

Unread post by Duvet » August 26th, 2008, 8:28 pm

Mugen no Tsurugi wrote:
Sepheriel wrote:

*types "operation cwal"*
Me too four.

Still, favorite moment in UC would have to be Archer and Gilgamesh's face off towards the end of the video. I'll let you guys decide. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RveRP16qKDQ

Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Rikh » August 26th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Duvet wrote:
Mugen no Tsurugi wrote:
Sepheriel wrote: I know EXACTLY how you feel! I'm dying to get it!
Me too four.

Still, favorite moment in UC would have to be Archer and Gilgamesh's face off towards the end of the video. I'll let you guys decide. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RveRP16qKDQ
Gil totally spammed that...
Archer should pull out UBW for that fight :) it would show off goldie

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » August 27th, 2008, 2:35 am

it seems to me that goldie will be a serious pain, hes doing some major damage only with projectile attacks. :?
we will be needing some serious footwork to take an upper hand on him
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Mugen no Tsurugi

Unread post by Mugen no Tsurugi » August 27th, 2008, 5:49 am

Catastrophe wrote:it seems to me that goldie will be a serious pain, hes doing some major damage only with projectile attacks. :?
we will be needing some serious footwork to take an upper hand on him
But against Saber he has to worry about Avalon, or else he'll take heavy damage himself. :wink: