A few questions (Spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » February 19th, 2008, 2:04 pm

did Saber wear something else as her armor and the clothes from fate?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » February 19th, 2008, 2:08 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:did Saber wear something else as her armor and the clothes from fate?
she wore this (in fate/ zero), the reason why I wanna zap kiritsugu ( or irisviel, probably )
► Show Spoiler
and this (in f/ha) :D
► Show Spoiler
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Kansho » February 19th, 2008, 2:51 pm

Raitei wrote:she wore this (in fate/ zero), the reason why I wanna zap kiritsugu ( or irisviel, probably )
► Show Spoiler
Better pic.
► Show Spoiler
Raitei wrote:back to topic, how many Hassans did kirei have during the war? how can that badass lose with such multiple servants?? Confused
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Kansho on February 19th, 2008, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » February 19th, 2008, 2:58 pm

Kansho wrote:
Raitei wrote:she wore this (in fate/ zero), the reason why I wanna zap kiritsugu ( or irisviel, probably )
► Show Spoiler
Better pic.
► Show Spoiler
Raitei wrote:back to topic, how many Hassans did kirei have during the war? how can that badass lose with such multiple servants?? Confused
► Show Spoiler

well...
I actually lke this saber more.
so dangerous.
Last edited by zweiterversuch on February 19th, 2008, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 inches in a week!

Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Inverted » February 19th, 2008, 3:01 pm

Kansho wrote:
► Show Spoiler
My question :
► Show Spoiler
Kansho wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
HF TRUE END Question:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Inverted on February 19th, 2008, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Kansho » February 19th, 2008, 3:22 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:well...
I actually lke this rider more.
so dangerous.
You're underestimating Rider in Fate/stay night... Maybe the Fate/Zero one is the better Rider that actually you can get in the ritual, but the Fate/stay night chick is a very dangerous and powerful Servant.
Inverted wrote: My question :
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Inverted wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Inverted wrote: HF TRUE END Question:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.

Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Inverted » February 19th, 2008, 4:09 pm

^Thanks.
Kansho wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » February 20th, 2008, 11:28 am

Inverted wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
@zweiterversuch: unfortunately, we are not in agreement there ;)

and this one is not really a question... pretty much a confusion over an unimportant matter... :P
how come
► Show Spoiler
is a girl who is unable to swim?? I mean, in England, sea is everywhere, y'know...
and the Britons is said to be the best sea warriors around that time...
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » February 20th, 2008, 6:46 pm

Raitei wrote:
Inverted wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
@zweiterversuch: unfortunately, we are not in agreement there ;)

and this one is not really a question... pretty much a confusion over an unimportant matter... :P
how come
► Show Spoiler
is a girl who is unable to swim?? I mean, in England, sea is everywhere, y'know...
and the Britons is said to be the best sea warriors around that time...
well Japan is an island too and a part of its population doesn't know how to swimm.
and why don't you like the mafia- Saber?

I mean just once to be beated up by her.... @/////@
8 inches in a week!

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » February 20th, 2008, 7:11 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:well Japan is an island too and a part of its population doesn't know how to swimm.
no, it's not the same.
► Show Spoiler
zweiterversuch wrote:and why don't you like the mafia- Saber?

I mean just once to be beated up by her.... @/////@
for some reasons, it just won't fit into my "unlimited saber works" :P
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » February 21st, 2008, 11:28 pm

deleted
sorry
Last edited by zweiterversuch on February 22nd, 2008, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
8 inches in a week!

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » February 21st, 2008, 11:41 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:guys I have just read
Anything can be a heroic spirit as long it has a legend, a form and the faith of the people.
so could for example jesus become an heroic spirit, caster pheraphs?
you have just said something you shouldn't have. mind you, those words are taboo for me. I am christian, you know that? and what you just said is a terrible insult for me.

and nasuversely speaking, divine spirits like gods cannot be summoned as servants. Jesus is God. I worship him, together with The Father, and The Holy Spirit.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Dante Obscuri
Addict

Unread post by Dante Obscuri » February 22nd, 2008, 2:37 am

Kansho wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Kanzar » February 22nd, 2008, 6:04 am

Raitei wrote:you have just said something you shouldn't have. mind you, those words are taboo for me. I am christian, you know that? and what you just said is a terrible insult for me.

and nasuversely speaking, divine spirits like gods cannot be summoned as servants. Jesus is God. I worship him, together with The Father, and The Holy Spirit.
Being defensive in such a manner without providing 'real' justification only highlights your own insecurity in your faith. There is no way an implication that your truth is false could insult you - you know Jesus is real, so anyone saying otherwise is incorrect, and hence offers no threat to you. It isn't you that is threatened, but they by their continued 'non-Faith' (if that's a correct phrase to use). Your work as a Christian is not to defend against attacks, but to spread the Gospel. God does not need anyone to defend him.

And Heracles is a demi-god that ascended into Mount Olympus - I'd say that makes him an almost god.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » February 22nd, 2008, 6:32 am

Kanzar wrote:Being defensive in such a manner without providing 'real' justification only highlights your own insecurity in your faith. There is no way an implication that your truth is false could insult you - you know Jesus is real, so anyone saying otherwise is incorrect, and hence offers no threat to you. It isn't you that is threatened, but they by their continued 'non-Faith' (if that's a correct phrase to use). Your work as a Christian is not to defend against attacks, but to spread the Gospel. God does not need anyone to defend him.
hmph, whether I am being defensive or not, you're in no position to accuse me.

mind you, if you have any objections, say it pointedly, then. there's no need to beat around the bush.

I don't like people using Jesus as a plaything or whatever it is. thank you.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread post by serialies » February 22nd, 2008, 7:04 am

when people talk about religions (in this case atleast), they mean it objectively with refrence to a game/nasuverse, not an actual reference to reality.

for one, the nasuverse is a fictional world that although based on reality, does not represent it, nor the equivilant sentiments in the nasuverse Akasha would be the undeniable true "god", however just because that is the case, it doesnt mean that placing a god of a real religion (this applies to all religion, not just christianity) in a "lower" role is a sign of disrespect to those religions.
Its just how the nasuverse is, a fictional depiction and system which applies universally, just like how King arthur was actually a woman, and how the Greek hero Perseus was actually a massive arse, same applies for the fictional nasuverse reference/equivilant to Jesus, he could be the Son of a God named "God", who is summonable as Caster.

so i dont feel anyone should take to much offense about someone wanting Jesus as Caster, or Guan Yu as Lancer, and yes, Guan Yu is seen as a diety to some Chinese, my parents would be one example (although i myself to not align to any religion).

i think we hit this problem before, but seeing as it popped up again...thought i should clarify intent.

its only if they are blatantly/directly rude/disrespectful that they are in the wrong, but if they mean it in the "hey, its the nasuverse, in its mechanics this is possible correct?", then the simple response would be "yes, but dont go to deep into that"
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.

Unread post by Message » February 22nd, 2008, 7:15 am

Raitei, I can understand if you don't like people abusing Gods or Jesus' name, as you (and I and many others) consider those names to be holy. But next time, if you want to start a personal debate, please do it by pm. And try to realize that *asking* people to do/change/fix something is a lot more intelligent than *telling* people to do it. Kanzar, the same goes to you. Personal debate is fine, as long as we don't have to read it here.

The debate ENDS HERE. Any further post on this topic means an instant, permanent ban. No joke. Back to topic.
Last edited by Message on February 22nd, 2008, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » February 22nd, 2008, 9:10 am

Well well, the Mod came just in time, putting out a potential infernal.
► Show Spoiler

rastilin
Might just like this board

Unread post by rastilin » February 22nd, 2008, 10:23 am

Probably for the same reason that every nation in the world doesn't simultaneously start investing in renewable energy resources instead of digging for coal.

* People rarely use the most efficient tactic ("It sounds cheap")
* Too expensive ("Just can't afford it.")
* Too much hassle ("Meh")
* No Preparation ("I'm involved in WHAT?")
* Failure ("We looked but just couldn't find it.")
* No clue ("I didn't even think of that.")

And...
► Show Spoiler

serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread post by serialies » February 22nd, 2008, 11:38 am

rastilin wrote:Probably for the same reason that every nation in the world doesn't simultaneously start investing in renewable energy resources instead of digging for coal.

* People rarely use the most efficient tactic ("It sounds cheap")
* Too expensive ("Just can't afford it.")
* Too much hassle ("Meh")
* No Preparation ("I'm involved in WHAT?")
* Failure ("We looked but just couldn't find it.")
* No clue ("I didn't even think of that.")

And...
► Show Spoiler
1. Archer cant trace NP lances with as much skill (accuracy/efficiency...and thats assuming he can trace "Gae bolg" at all, he could certainly try however...), as he can with NP swords afaik, so not much point in him doing it.
2. Kansho and Byakuya raises some stats, also, as long as a person holds atleast one of the swords, the other will return, very useful for Archer, moreso than Sabers sword, + Archer has better skill with K+B.
3. Beserker is the most "obedient" class, many benifits in that, + stat boost is always good.
4. Saber is the hardest class (for a hero) to qualify for (must have very good stats as a minimum), so there are very very few relics/artifacts that can be used as a catalyst to summon a Saber
5. its possible to have two (and quite possibly more) of the same class, third grail war = two Sabers.
6. Servants usually share similarities to their masters (or atleast, have a compatible personality), for example, if a servant is unspecified, one that matches the masters mindset the closest will be summoned, of course using a specific catalyst will pretty much screw over this rule most of the time.
7. depends on the masters strategy, eg one who is shady would probably operate better with an Assassin servant.

hope that clears it up?

EDIT: oh and emiya didnt know
► Show Spoiler
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.