Favorite Quote

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Favorite Quote

Unread postby LastShadow » October 11th, 2007, 7:40 am

So what is your favorite quote from Fate/stay night? It has to be from Fate route seeing how the other 2 routes aren't released in English yet.

My personal is

"Oh, immortality. Heh, I gave that to the snake." - Gilgamesh, Day 14, The Oldest King


When I read that it was like, ""Holy S%^$" you're screwed!"
I mean seriously, who carries 600 pounds of equipment (his weapon and armor) and runs 200 miles a day with it on.
Plus I like the spin on it, given what really happened, it makes him sound bad ass.
LastShadow
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 43
Joined: September 19th, 2007, 8:32 am

Re: Favortie Quote

Unread postby Raitei » October 11th, 2007, 8:42 am

I guess this entire thread should be spoiler masked, considering that every single quote is a spoiler...at least, that's what I think

btw, my fave is:
"buying you some time is fine, but you don't mind if I beat that thing, right?"- archer , before the battle against berserker in the einzbern castle


that makes archer really GAR,lol.

and this one really touched me, even pierce my heart :cry: :cry: :
saber : "in the end, there's something I must tell you"
shirou:" what is it?"
saber:"shirou - I love you."

from the ending of fate route

waa, I cannot bear it!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Sobzob » October 11th, 2007, 9:07 am

The only quote I really remember that got stuck in my head and doesn't seem to get out is
The same day Saber and Shirou have gone on a date(I don't remember which day it is) and at the night when they reunite again Saber says something like "Will you embrace me like you did that night?"
User avatar
Sobzob
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 204
Joined: May 18th, 2007, 3:47 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby flurk » October 11th, 2007, 11:30 am

right at the beginning, when shirou, sakura and fujimura-sensei were having breakfast.
fujimura was talking about shirou when he was small, and that he wrote an essay titled "i want to be a superhero"

and then sakura went "O.O wow, shirou was a real kid"
User avatar
flurk
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 143
Joined: September 17th, 2007, 11:03 am

Unread postby Retsej » October 11th, 2007, 12:51 pm

My favorite quotes are from the final battle.

Gilgamesh: All the evils in the world? Bring at least three times as much if you wish to spoil me!


Gilgamesh: A country is just a Possession. If he cannot rule everything, there is no need for a transcendental being like the king.[...] King Arthur, that is why your own country destroyed you.
Saber: Yes, you are correct. But, King of Heroes, that is why you destroyed your own country!
User avatar
Retsej
Addict
 
Posts: 108
Joined: August 12th, 2007, 6:38 pm
Location: Georgia Tech

Unread postby Raitei » October 11th, 2007, 1:14 pm

Retsej wrote:My favorite quotes are from the final battle.

Gilgamesh: All the evils in the world? Bring at least three times as much if you wish to spoil me!


Gilgamesh: A country is just a Possession. If he cannot rule everything, there is no need for a transcendental being like the king.[...] King Arthur, that is why your own country destroyed you.
Saber: Yes, you are correct. But, King of Heroes, that is why you destroyed your own country!


gilgamesh...he disgusts me by all his rubbish talk, especially
that he sees saber as only his...


the next time I see something like that, i'll zap him into dusts(the remains of raitei's fury).... :evil: :twisted:

sorry retsej-kun, I don't mean to offend you, but gilgamesh really pissed me off in the fate route...
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Retsej » October 11th, 2007, 3:34 pm

Raitei wrote:
Retsej wrote:My favorite quotes are from the final battle.

Gilgamesh: All the evils in the world? Bring at least three times as much if you wish to spoil me!


Gilgamesh: A country is just a Possession. If he cannot rule everything, there is no need for a transcendental being like the king.[...] King Arthur, that is why your own country destroyed you.
Saber: Yes, you are correct. But, King of Heroes, that is why you destroyed your own country!


gilgamesh...he disgusts me by all his rubbish talk, especially
that he sees saber as only his...


the next time I see something like that, i'll zap him into dusts(the remains of raitei's fury).... :evil: :twisted:

sorry retsej-kun, I don't mean to offend you, but
gilgamesh really pissed me off in the fate route...


Don't get me wrong.

I think Gilgamesh is an EX-ranked asshole. Those quotes show how much of one he is. But it was the second one that stuck with me. It really shows me how much Saber has changed due to Emiya's influence as well as her determination (quite literally "oohhh... FACE!" to Gilga.^^).
User avatar
Retsej
Addict
 
Posts: 108
Joined: August 12th, 2007, 6:38 pm
Location: Georgia Tech

Unread postby Kansho » October 11th, 2007, 9:19 pm

For me the Best Quotes of the game are
HF climax
Shirou quotes-
- Scene - you are forgotten -
"We won't make any more of these memories. Farewell, Saber. Thank you for saving me so many times. I'm sorry but I couldn't save you. That's the path I chose. Kill people to save one girl."

- Scene - NINE BULLET REVOLVER
Attack each gained step with one step.

Upper arm, collar bone, wind pipe, skull cap, solar plexus, ribs, groin, thighs,
Target those 8 points,

"Set - Nine Lives Blade Works"

Overcome the speed of the sound of the descending sword with the speed of gods...!

Archer quotes-
-"I don't care what path Emiya Shirou takes. But if you reject everything that you have been to save just one life, that sin will catch up with you."

More quotes... and UBW ones... other day :P
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
User avatar
Kansho
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 740
Joined: May 9th, 2007, 12:16 pm

Unread postby Raitei » October 11th, 2007, 11:15 pm

Kansho wrote:For me the Best Quotes of the game are
HF climax
Shirou quotes-
- Scene - you are forgotten -
"We won't make any more of these memories. Farewell, Saber. Thank you for saving me so many times. I'm sorry but I couldn't save you. That's the path I chose. Kill people to save one girl."

- Scene - NINE BULLET REVOLVER
Attack each gained step with one step.

Upper arm, collar bone, wind pipe, skull cap, solar plexus, ribs, groin, thighs,
Target those 8 points,

"Set - Nine Lives Blade Works"

Overcome the speed of the sound of the descending sword with the speed of gods...!

Archer quotes-
-"I don't care what path Emiya Shirou takes. But if you reject everything that you have been to save just one life, that sin will catch up with you."

More quotes... and UBW ones... other day :P


kansho-kun, did you see lastshadow-kun's post?
he had limited the area of the quote, just from the fate route...
sorry, but please don't give us too much hf spoilers anymore... that'll ruin my day...or so I think...
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby LastShadow » October 12th, 2007, 1:31 am

Thanks Raitei.

I don't really mind too much since its in spoiler text so I didn't have to read it (and thank you for warning its a HF route =) ).

But the reason I limited it to the fate route was cause I wanted to read it without being spoiled. I'm assuming most people here can't read Japanese, so the point was to inform people of cool quotes that they might have messed (which would include me), and relish it if they find something they might have overlooked.

How about your favorite fate route quote, and then you can give a warning to your favorite quote from all the routes in fsn?
LastShadow
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 43
Joined: September 19th, 2007, 8:32 am

Unread postby Kansho » October 12th, 2007, 12:38 pm

Yes yes, my fault. When i wrote it Im in a cyber without much time... and i mess the first post.

Then the post maybe it would have to be called "Fate scenario best quotes".

For me, Fate ones.
- "Know the penalty to reform crimes. People's kindness is here. There is so much it cannot be noticed. Know the violence to hide crimes. Know the power to hide crimes. People's malignance is here. It is so rare that it is noticed. A hundred kindnesses and one malignance. Malignance shines bright to keep the balance and exists as a great "evil" to compete with the masses of kindness. The starting penalty is five

■■ for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self ■■for self inducement, false statement, theft, robbery, kidnap, suicide, rape, arson, infringement, dirty dirty dirty dirty dirty dirty you are dirty atone atone atone atone atone atone evry violence every crime every victim atone atone atone with death!!!!!!"

- "All creation comes from within people. In short, the most entertaining things in the world are humans themselves. Bare humans are the best entertainment in the world."
"Compared to that, entertainment created by people is just secondary.
...Yes, music, stories, like, dislike, pity, belief, betrayal, morals, corruption, illusion, truth...! It is all just trash to be discarded.
Such things are mere second-rate trashy entertainment.
What I like to enjoy are people themselves. Such pointless things are not my taste."
"For that, we need to discard excess things such as their lives.
You heard of flashbacks, right? It is like that. People have value only at the moment of their deaths. Using their lifetime to gain momentum, they jump high to dazzle. That flicker is my wish."
"That is the answer to your question.
As you feed on peacefulness.
----I live by feeding on this planet's light."

- 'This path...
I don't believe it's the wrong one.'
'----I can't stray from my path for the people I've left behind.'

- No matter how painful is the past,
...One cannot redo it.

- ...Why did she not realize it before?

That is her heart that holds her country dear. It is the mind of a girl before she became a king.
But it is not the heart of the king.
The only one the king believed in was herself.
To deny that would be to deny everything she has taken away.

----Things lost will never return...

- I stare up at the sky.
The sound of wings flapping.
There's something whiter than the hazy white moon.
...It is...
...A legendary "divine mystery" spoken of only in myths.

- "Yes, I am different from you. No, I am rather like your enemy. That is why I only ride the poor children that you people have exterminated."


There are lot very good in all the scenarios... but i stop here now.. xD
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
User avatar
Kansho
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 740
Joined: May 9th, 2007, 12:16 pm

Unread postby Raitei » October 12th, 2007, 1:05 pm

Kansho wrote:For me, Fate ones.
- "Know the penalty to reform crimes. People's kindness is here. There is so much it cannot be noticed. Know the violence to hide crimes. Know the power to hide crimes. People's malignance is here. It is so rare that it is noticed. A hundred kindnesses and one malignance. Malignance shines bright to keep the balance and exists as a great "evil" to compete with the masses of kindness. The starting penalty is five

?? for self ??for self ??for self ??for self ??for self ??for self ??for self ??for self ??for self ??for self ??for self ??for self ??for self ??for self ??for self inducement, false statement, theft, robbery, kidnap, suicide, rape, arson, infringement, dirty dirty dirty dirty dirty dirty you are dirty atone atone atone atone atone atone evry violence every crime every victim atone atone atone with death!!!!!!"

- "All creation comes from within people. In short, the most entertaining things in the world are humans themselves. Bare humans are the best entertainment in the world."
"Compared to that, entertainment created by people is just secondary.
...Yes, music, stories, like, dislike, pity, belief, betrayal, morals, corruption, illusion, truth...! It is all just trash to be discarded.
Such things are mere second-rate trashy entertainment.
What I like to enjoy are people themselves. Such pointless things are not my taste."
"For that, we need to discard excess things such as their lives.
You heard of flashbacks, right? It is like that. People have value only at the moment of their deaths. Using their lifetime to gain momentum, they jump high to dazzle. That flicker is my wish."
"That is the answer to your question.
As you feed on peacefulness.
----I live by feeding on this planet's light."

- 'This path...
I don't believe it's the wrong one.'
'----I can't stray from my path for the people I've left behind.'

- No matter how painful is the past,
...One cannot redo it.

- ...Why did she not realize it before?

That is her heart that holds her country dear. It is the mind of a girl before she became a king.
But it is not the heart of the king.
The only one the king believed in was herself.
To deny that would be to deny everything she has taken away.

----Things lost will never return...

- I stare up at the sky.
The sound of wings flapping.
There's something whiter than the hazy white moon.
...It is...
...A legendary "divine mystery" spoken of only in myths.

- "Yes, I am different from you. No, I am rather like your enemy. That is why I only ride the poor children that you people have exterminated."


There are lot very good in all the scenarios... but i stop here now.. xD


what?there're more of 'em? that's way too much for me...T_T

ah, this one is also touching;
...Yes. Everything was there.
Her pride as a knight and her oath as the king.
Even the dream the girl called Arturia wished for.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby flurk » October 12th, 2007, 3:50 pm

you guys are pretty much reciting the whole fate route...


anyways..
"Why? The world is already mine."
"Yes, I'm fighting to win, Archer." -Tohsaka Rin
User avatar
flurk
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 143
Joined: September 17th, 2007, 11:03 am

Re: Favortie Quote

Unread postby yui9000 » October 13th, 2007, 4:46 am

LastShadow wrote:So what is your favorite quote from Fate/stay night? It has to be from Fate route seeing how the other 2 routes aren't released in English yet.

My personal is

"Oh, immortality. Heh, I gave that to the snake." - Gilgamesh, Day 14, The Oldest King


When I read that it was like, ""Holy S%^$" you're screwed!"
I mean seriously, who carries 600 pounds of equipment (his weapon and armor) and runs 200 miles a day with it on.
Plus I like the spin on it, given what really happened, it makes him sound bad ass.



Argh, that quote always pisses me off, actually. Precisely becuase it is not what happened. It's actually pretty much EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what happened.

But I suppose it's a little silly to go around expecting a strict adherence to source material in a game where
King Arthur is a girl, huh?
Ah, well, personal gripe. I actually like how they wrote Gilgemesh's character, overall!

So, uh, quotes, huh? Does... does the blocked text for Berserker's beastial roars count? I always thought that was a neat effect. Made him really seem inhuman, ya know?

Hm... How about:

"Don't treat me like you. I've never had any interest in a second life. ...No, no hero is interested in such a thing.
We aren't attached to this world. We're just attached to the oaths we couldn't fufill.
Well, I guess a greedy apparition like you wouldn't understand."


Damnz, but Lancer kicks so much ass. And supposedly he gets a bigger part in UBW? WANT.
yui9000
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: July 9th, 2007, 4:13 am

Unread postby TakaJun » October 13th, 2007, 6:48 am

My favorite quotes is... "Nha, na, it is...scary, Shirou...you feel too...good, ahh!"
"Yeah. Buying you some time is fine, but-- You won't mind if I beat that thing, right?"
"Yeah, you don't need to hold back. Give him a beating, Archer!"


Archer was so awesome in that scene.

...I also love all the scenes Shirou died in (for obvious reasons)
User avatar
TakaJun
 
Posts: 431
Joined: June 11th, 2005, 5:26 am

Unread postby Raven » October 13th, 2007, 7:04 am

TakaJun wrote:
My favorite quotes is... "Nha, na, it is...scary, Shirou...you feel too...good, ahh!"

Is all that H-scene struggling getting to you TakaJun? :P

My favorite, the first one is not entirely a quote:

I'm home. What, are you greeting me in an apron? You look pretty good in it."
... She's scary. People who can put on a serious face while joking are the scariest.


And right after that


Beat him up ... you mean, with bare knuckles?
Bare as it can be. A grizzly bear, too.


Hey, is Tohsaka a boxer by any chance? :lol:
User avatar
Raven
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 427
Joined: June 16th, 2007, 12:29 am
Top

Re: Favortie Quote

Unread postby LastShadow » October 13th, 2007, 10:25 am

yui9000 wrote:
Argh, that quote always pisses me off, actually. Precisely becuase it is not what happened. It's actually pretty much EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what happened.

But I suppose it's a little silly to go around expecting a strict adherence to source material in a game where
King Arthur is a girl, huh?
Ah, well, personal gripe. I actually like how they wrote Gilgemesh's character, overall!


Just give anything said in the story a grain of salt. Nothing is going to be closely related to any of the texts that it was drawn upon.

For example the fruit which make old men young again (or something like that, they weren't really original in the olden days.) wouldn't really be considered immortality, more like an extension of life. So the snake never really stole immortality (or given according to Gilgamesh). In fact one of the main theme in the story (poem?) of Gilgamesh is that immortality is done through deeds and actions and not through a physical manifestation of immortality.

Hmm, I wonder if there are in any parallels about this in fsn?

gilgamesh...he disgusts me by all his rubbish talk, especially


At first i also hated it, but as i read it a second time over i actually liked it. First of all in the original Gilgamesh story he was even more cocky- ie demanding to sleep with every man's wife before the man got to. So the character it was based on didn't get completely destroyed upon translation. He also wasn't a malevolent person if thought about it in his perspective, he honestly believed everything was his, so he was just fighting for what belonged to him.

Anyways, this is getting off topic. What about Illyasviel? She has some pretty good lines there. I'm surprised no one mentioned them.
LastShadow
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 43
Joined: September 19th, 2007, 8:32 am

Re: Favortie Quote

Unread postby Raitei » October 13th, 2007, 12:45 pm

LastShadow wrote:
Hmm, I wonder if there are in any parallels about this in fsn?

gilgamesh...he disgusts me by all his rubbish talk, especially


At first i also hated it, but as i read it a second time over i actually liked it. First of all in the original Gilgamesh story he was even more cocky- ie demanding to sleep with every man's wife before the man got to. So the character it was based on didn't get completely destroyed upon translation. He also wasn't a malevolent person if thought about it in his perspective, he honestly believed everything was his, so he was just fighting for what belonged to him.


it's mental, y'know!how can someone claims that everything in this world's his?
that's the part of him which disgusts me the most! :evil:

btw, this one is rather funny;
...if she wants the holy grail so much, why don't she just marry it!? - shirou day 14, after the date with saber(sorry if I quote inaccurately :P )
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby LastShadow » October 21st, 2007, 1:58 am

Another good quote

After Rin hands Archer a broom and a dust pan and tells him to go clean the room downstairs

"Understood. Damn you, Master" - Archer
LastShadow
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 43
Joined: September 19th, 2007, 8:32 am

Unread postby serialies » October 21st, 2007, 4:51 am

shiro: people die when they are killed

ORLY?...ya rly
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
User avatar
serialies
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 396
Joined: October 13th, 2007, 6:05 am

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron