Fate stay night 2014 anime discussion (pre-airing)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Fate stay night 2014 anime discussion (pre-airing)

Unread postby Kenzu » March 19th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Here's the trailer:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... aser-video

From what I've seen there, I like where this is going.

Now the question is if it will be a series like FSN by DEEN, or movie series like Kara no Kyoukai?
Personally, I think that movie series would be better, since there are less restrictions. That would also mean that it would take longer to make and they would be released over a long period of time, but the quality would be superior.
It kind of worked with Kara no Kyoukai and Hellsing OVA. The waiting time was long, but the end result was overall satisfying.

Here's a link for a bit of animation from the acual series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVFKUS4c23o#t=57
Kenzu
Addict

Re: Fate stay night 2014 anime discussion (pre-airing)

Unread postby abscess » March 24th, 2014, 3:13 am

Hah! I was thinking of linking that video you edited in!

Anyway, having seen that PV I've changed my mind slightly from "I don't have any comment" to cautiously optimistic. As a fanboy it's easy to get hyped, but the truth of the matter is that a lot of people are expecting FSN 2014 to be the next FZ, even if Nasu himself said FSN is a different story from a different author and should be treated as such. While that is true and I can agree with that, it still leaves me with the feeling that this new adaptation will not be as great as many of us want for one simple reason: FZ was a more compelling story.

P.S.: I'm not stating this last thing as a fact, it's merely an opinion that most of the people I talk about animu seem to share.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 24th, 2014, 5:59 am

Well I think it's safe to say that we will never get the HF story route animeated at all now. For most fans would like to see this over anything else I believe. Although with it being an original setting after the prologue portion of the VN I believe.

The only thing we know is that there is not much info to go on for anything to be concrette evidence as to what will happen unfortunatelly.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Zensunni » April 1st, 2014, 10:16 am

I think it'll be an anime original route like the old anime. Will probably be closest to HF, just because it's the most complete package and doesn't completely ignore Sakura.

I know they said not to expect a sequel to F/Z, but that's probably what they're doing anyway. It's an ambitious studio. They wouldn't be content with just making F/SN fanservice, they'll want to ride on the success of their previous anime. That's why I believe it'll be something like the HF route with added scenes for F/Z characters like Saber, Rin, Kotomine and Gil.
Zensunni
Addict

Unread postby Kenzu » April 3rd, 2014, 4:18 pm

Actually, I think we have a chance for Heaven's Feel route. As for the original content, I think it might be like this: since Heaven's Feel isn't really action packed, they could do some new fighting scenes that weren't in the original VN to compensate.This could mean showing things like f.e. Lancer vs Caster, or Rider vs Berserker. In other words showing things that will sprout action and make things exciting. Watching people talk for 20+ minutes is usually considered boring. It is sometimes crucial for the sake of the story, but it shouldn't last many episodes in a row.

As for the "similar feeling but different" with Fate Zero and new FSN, I think it's about differences with the main points of authors Urobuchi and Nasu. Fate Zero had 3rd person narrative or multiple 1s person narratives, while FSN had only one 1st person narrative. Fate Zero was more about one man's struggle with his ideal. While FSN had a similar theme, it was handled differently. Kiritsugu is already "complete" at the beginning of the story, while Shirou develops differently in each of 3 routes.

It is difficult to make an anime well when using only the perspective of the main character, especially when there are so many characters. But if you think about Heaven's Feel, you'll notice that it had a LOT of interludes showing actions of other characters besides Shirou. This could translate well into anime if handled right.

Also, let's not forget that, despite everything, FSN is also a romance story. Saber and Rin got their routes animated, better or worse, but Sakura is still there waiting for her turn. If not Heaven's Feel, then what? If not Sakura, then who?

That's why I think there's still a chance. That some people may have misunderstood and mistranslated things said by Nasu or were mislead by him. That the fans will actually be getting what they wanted for years, the animation of the Heaven's Feel route done by a studio that has already proven itself.
But only time will tell. The answer should surface after the 3rd day of the war (1-4 episode), when there's a branching point. Only then will we know for certain in which direction this is actually going.
Kenzu
Addict

Unread postby abscess » April 4th, 2014, 10:32 am

Kenzu wrote:Also, let's not forget that, despite everything, FSN is also a romance story. Saber and Rin got their routes animated, better or worse, but Sakura is still there waiting for her turn. If not Heaven's Feel, then what? If not Sakura, then who?

Yo, OP, wanna get depressed? Here's a snippet of an interview with Gen Urobuchi:
Q: Are you involved in the ufotable F/SN remake? Heaven's Feel is the only route not adapted yet, and since Fate/Zero is closely related to it, I thought you could be involved.
A: I don't know a lot about it, I'm not involved. But if I remember correctly it's an Unlimited Blade Works adaption.

Source: http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Nitro%2B_Q% ... magic_2013

Granted, the guy said "I'm not involved", etc., etc., but I personally don't hold a whole lot of hope... I mean, I hear they animated Rozen Maiden again, then there's the DB Kai thing and the Sailor Moon reboot or some such... My point is, ufotable animating UBW is not that out of the question. After all, UBW has a lot of awesome shit and it could make for a good anime, or at least be the "main route" like DEEN did with Fate in its version.

I at least want to have Yuu Asakawa have a semi main part in this anime, like Rider had in HF... I just want more Yuu Asakawa!! orz
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 6th, 2014, 12:54 am

Well I do wish for a HF storyline, but to be honest we won't know what we will get until the series airs halfway through. May wish for it to be either a Hf storyline or even an UBW storyline. Either way we might get a storyline that doesn't follow any of the storylines in the VN because some people seem to get conviently written off for the rest of the series in the VN though.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Kenzu » April 11th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Nice one abscess. I haven't read that one before. Then again, Urobuchi is famous for trolling the fans. AND if you take a good look at that short trailer, you'll see the shape of the grail that has only been shown in HF.
But truth be told, UBW is more action packed and seems like a better idea to adapt into a series. Perhaps we could even see a full fight between Archer and Assassin.
Anyway, we're back to square one. Wait and see.
Kenzu
Addict

Unread postby abscess » April 16th, 2014, 9:05 am

@Kenzu
Uh... I honestly don't think I can see "the shape of the grail" in that video... If you mean that thing on 0:39, I guess it could be, but it could also be just some random ball of flashy stuff that's there for the sake of looking cool for the trailer, like the broken glass-like shards and the statues of the classes arranged in a circle. About Urobuchi, it is true that he's kind of a troll, but I'm still guarding myself against disappointment, because as much as I want HF, Sakura is probably not the best kind of girl to make a heroine out of in a mainstream anime. The mix of dull+batshit crazy is not a recipe for the majority, I guess. Then there's Sakura's "mana transfer" nightly visits, Saber killing a good chunk of all servants super quickly very soon into the story, a whole lot of rapey situations that would unsettle a lot of folks, and that delicious dish comes with a side-dish of an overly-generous serving of Shirou & Sakura's Excellent Cooking Adventures™.... But who knows! Maybe I'm just being a cynic asshole.

I'm hoping so bad that I'm wrong, though...
abscess

Unread postby astalotte » April 22nd, 2014, 4:55 am

hey i'm new 2 chat
Any way i've read in lots of places that the new fsn anime is going to be an original route-not heaven's feel.
Personally i dont actually liked heaven's feel-hated it- i only tried to play it cost i heard saber alter was in it.
So this is a total breath of fresh air for me. Its airing in october and is going to have a mix of about 2/3 serious and 1/3 comical or romance moments.
This will probably be the long awaited illya route but i doubt that cos illya already has a whole anime made just for her; fate kaleid liner illya prisma.

Kenzu my answer to your question is that heaven's feel wasn't very popular with the japanese audience/players - saber wasn't mentioned as much as in fate and ubw - she and rin are the 2 most favoured fsn characters. Heaven's feel was known as the route made out of nasu's remaining ideas but turned out very successful- but only in america.

The new route will most likely be with saber as she is supposed to be the main heroine in the fate series (well atleast nasu pictured her that way.) Another reason would be because heavens feel has too much hentai scenes and would completely ruin fsn's image- it is impossible for hf to be made into an anime like fate or ubw without it being hentai - most of the plot is made from the eroge.

To all you Sakura fans i apologize because there is a 75% chance of no heavens feel route the other 25% would be a chance of a 2-3 hr movie. It's very sad for the sakura and hf's supporters but it seems nasu has other ideas - he made the story, let him do what he's best at.

Kyaaaaaaa~~~~~ i cant wait for new fsn anime!!!! So excited xD since nasu is doing new fsn anime, i think they should re-animate tsukihime cos it has way too many man faces but such a good plot.I wonder if it was deen that screwed up tsukihime's animation like most people say they did with fsn. I hoping fsn remake isn't too serious or it will lose al the majestic-moe tsun-yandere loli given off by rin, saber, sakura and illya omg i just love saying illya's name sooo epic XD.

Illyasveil von Einzbern desu~
Last edited by astalotte on April 22nd, 2014, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
astalotte
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kenzu » April 22nd, 2014, 1:31 pm

Let's see...
Making Saber a heroine again? Doubtful. Many people love her, but DEEN actually did a pretty good job at adapting the Fate route. Doing another Fate Route anime would be a waste.
UBW has a lot of action, but it's been done as a movie. Not very well, mind you, but done nonetheless. But perhaps Urobuchi sensei is not trolling this time. Personally, I think he is and I still love him.

Heaven's Feel's sex scenes... Well they've somehow dealt with this problem in Realta Nua. It wasn't quite the same thing, but it was managed somehow. And Fate Zero showed a pretty awful scene with Sakura right in the very first episode. Heck, they could even reuse the animation from this scene and even put in some Kariya. Considering this FSN anime is supposed to have a "similar feeling" to Fate Zero, I think we can assume that they might try to push the limit of what can be shown on TV.
Then again, all they need to do, is raise the rating and stick a "seinen" badge to animate explicit content.

Ilya route... Well it has been pretty much assimilated by the Sakura Route along with Rider Route, just as Caster Route was assimilated by Rin Route.

As a side note, I don't understand why people rip on DEEN so much. Beides FSN anime, DEEN had a hand in Soul Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Higurashi, Read or Die and Fullmetal Alchemist. Perhaps they didn't do much in all of these, but the job was done right also thanks to them.
As for Tsukihime anime, it was done by J.C. Staff and they also did things like Slayers and Toaru Majutsu no Index. I'm not saying Tsukihime anime was done well, mind you. Ufotable could also pick this up if you ask me.

Lastly, someone posted clear images from FSN 2014 the trailer online.
http://www.otakutale.com/2014/fatestay- ... announced/

There, I noticed the scene from the FSN Prologue with Gilgamesh and Sakura. This image supports the "Heaven's Feel anime" theory. In the full trailer there's Sakura who looks up, the Grail's form shown only in HF, and Gilgamesh staring at Sakura from a short distance.
I think that the last part is a Chekhov's Gun - why put this scene in a route other than HF, if it only has any meaning in HF? Either that or it's an advanced level of trolling by Ufotable and Nasu.
Kenzu
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 22nd, 2014, 4:08 pm

No, no they didn't. DEEN pretty much cut and pasted almost every portion of the VN and made it looks like the Fate Route. In actuality it was Fate, then drifted into UBW without the GARness of GARcher and of course somehow made a pass at Hf with explaining the relationship with Rin and Sakura. If anything they more or less butchered the Fate Route by the VN standards. Also, the UBW movie pretty much cut out portions that were key moments, but were actually in the anime instead you know. If DEEN did a good adaptation of the Fate Route like how the VN was or something close to it I would say otherwise, but all they did was just took the 3 Routes and tossed them into a blender and said it was the Fate Route by the end of it all.

Heck the manga seems to have done a good job by doing what looks like something close to an UBW storyline though.

So in all honesty all 4 ladies do have an honest to kami-sama's chance here. Why did I say 4 you ask? It's because I'm still certain that Illya has a shot here. Granted it's a longshot, but it's a shot never the less.

Also one more thing the Tsukihime anime never existed. :3
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby astalotte » April 22nd, 2014, 6:33 pm

So in all honesty all 4 ladies do have an honest to kami-sama's chance here. Why did I say 4 you ask? It's because I'm still certain that Illya has a shot here. Granted it's a longshot, but it's a shot never the less.

Also one more thing the Tsukihime anime never existed. :3[/quote]

Tsukihime anime DOES exist gosh you have no right to watch or play any anime related things when you deny the existance of a well known anime.

Plus, i'm not ripping on DEEN i'm just asking if tsukihime man faces were caused by DEEN cos so many people are saying how badly they animated fsn.

Ilya route → 3.33/10
A sakura route i'm certain is a nono as the japanese audience mostly like;
daring tsundere(rin)
onee-chan loli(ilya)
or stoic moe-tsun(saber)
The yandere sakura character would never work unless the anime it self is turned into an ecchi(only the game is officially classified as ero).If there is an illya route, theres bound to be a game so what would happen to the famous tiger dojo? I'm sure nasu's thought of that too.

If it's going to be related to f/z then it would ruin fsn's image if shirou falls in love with his 'sister
I feel as though it would either be a rin or saber route. But then again, like in f/ha a new character might appear who he falls in love with → there's a chance i hope saber alter / lily is included in the new route! Can't wait!Btw theres a Fate kaleid liner prisma illya zwei!(2 in German)
astalotte
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 23rd, 2014, 3:51 am

Well if you are a Type-Moon Slave you'd get the joke about the "No such thing as a Tsukihime Anime" you know. I mean it was that bad, and it was a good thing I watched it after playing the VN for that very reason. J.C Staff did try to go with something here but couldn't with a short season it felt like. Also they kind of went all over the place, but the only redeeming qulaity of it is that Sacchin was still alive, but she got rejected in the end. So, "Isn't it sad Sacchin, you lived in the anime but got rejected." But... I digress.

Well Sakura's yandere qualities do show up and they kind of are commedicly done in Carnival Phantasm, but that's becuase we knew deep down she was yandrere to begin with. Nothing wrong with doing a yandere route, but it was the "Hit Shirou with your moe though helplessness side" that kind of turned people off from her. I mean I think Nasu mentioned that he felt bad writting her like that though, if memory serves.

Also, the only thing that will be related from Fate/Zero is most likely the art style and maybe some other minor details (save for Saber herself of course). Besides ufotable is doing FSN but other then that we have nothing to go with until they start to air it later on this year.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby astalotte » April 23rd, 2014, 1:56 pm

yeah....but then again it means i'm not a t-moon slave
astalotte
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby abscess » April 24th, 2014, 10:28 am

Making Saber a heroine again? Doubtful. Many people love her, but DEEN actually did a pretty good job at adapting the Fate route. Doing another Fate Route anime would be a waste.

While it's true that DEEN's version follows the Fate route fairly well, and people may be satisfied enough with it, but you gotta concede that telling the same story twice is definitely not something that the anime industry is above of. Look at the Berserk movies, the first two Madoka movies, the first Eva Rebuild movie, the Dragon Ball Kai serie, and you know that there are others like these.

UBW has a lot of action, but it's been done as a movie. Not very well, mind you, but done nonetheless.

Yes, and the fact that it was "not very well" done might be reason enough to do it again... much like other rehashes, or "reboots" if you wanna call 'em. Hell, a good UBW adaptation isn't a bad idea, tons of people like Rin and it has Shirou kicking serious ass.

Heaven's Feel's sex scenes... Well they've somehow dealt with this problem in Realta Nua. (...) all they need to do, is raise the rating and stick a "seinen" badge to animate explicit content.

True, the nightly "mana transfer" was, iirc, changed to blood sucking; which does follow the "fluids store loads of od (or mana, can't remember)" rule, and that CAN work for a tv show. And about slapping the "seinen" tag on it MIGHT work, remember that the Berserk anime shows
Guts killing a kid and Casca and Guts having sex... then again, Donovan raping Guts as a child was completely cut out from it,
so the seinen tag is not a panacea.

Ilya route...

FUCK that!! If it's an Ilya route there's a chance I'd drop that shit like a ton of bricks! It'd have to be really, really, really cool for me to not go aggro at it for featuring Ilya as the heroine.

Lastly, someone posted clear images from FSN 2014 the trailer online.

Yeah, I remember a guy on IRC linked a Sankaku Complex article with many if not all of those pictures. I like that Shirou has a windbreaker now, though I would've preffered if he had dropped the usual shirt, but it's not that big a deal.

In the full trailer there's Sakura who looks up, the Grail's form shown only in HF, and Gilgamesh staring at Sakura from a short distance.

It's been so long since I read FSN that Gil staring down at Sakura doesn't trigger a thing in my memory... Also, I must be dumb and/or blind because I can't see the Grail you mention so much... or you're wrong :3
abscess

Unread postby astalotte » April 24th, 2014, 7:44 pm

abcess you are completely missing the point here! The route was decided half a year ago and its an original route.It's not hf nor ubw Nasu & ufotable have made it pretty clear in many websites. Hf wasn't very popular plus, no one wants to pick it up!Its OLD news!!! Get that into your head already!! Oh yeah theres new a outfit for shirou now he wears a jacket and has redder hair which looks more like archer's also they edited his eyebrows abit. Also in the new route, i think something bad happens to saber cost i saw a pic where she looked really sad and has black cracks on her face - hmmm poor moe-tsun saber so sad *tear* btw it wasn't her alter form cos she looked very different from saber alter

Arggggg when will an f/ha anime be made????!!!!! Since f/ha combines all the routes perfectly, then i wonder why it isn't the original fsn anime
astalotte
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby abscess » April 24th, 2014, 10:23 pm

You can't honestly believe it'll be a completely new and different story, kid... Their concept of "new" more than likely is mixing shit from the three routes as coherently as possible, then making an ending that resembles one from the original VN... which is what adapting means. Whatever they do, they gotta out-perform DEEN, and that probably requires giving at least some decent semblance of what happens in HF and UBW, not just "Sakura used to be a Tohsaka" and Archer going angry emo because he doesn't like being a Heroic Spirit anymore.
The craziest shit they can probably do is tell the story of when Shirou does take the path of becoming the Hero Emiya... that'd be pretty rad, actually.
abscess

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 25th, 2014, 4:56 am

Well with ufotable doign this there is a good chance they will outperform DEEN's attempt at this now. The only problem now is how will things turn out, and will it go the way the manga did with having somehting along the line of a rather unique UBW storyline that it's doing... Well I only read the manga oh so far before the group doing the licincing decided to quit for stupid reasons.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby astalotte » April 25th, 2014, 6:29 am

honestly you bakamono, f/ha was made and that was technically a new route. Plus, who is so retarded to not know this route is going to be the route where shirou finally becomes hero emiya. Also for him to become hero emiya, he has to fall in love with saber! Archer made it quite clear in fate & ubw that he cared for saber a lot therefore, if the new route is going to be the shirou finally becomes hero emiya then its super likely to be a shirou x saber thing.hmmph even though i like gill x saber more such a moe-moe-ó couple
astalotte
Posting more than n00bs

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat