Fate stay night 2014 anime discussion (pre-airing)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Fate stay night 2014 anime discussion (pre-airing)

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 27th, 2014, 2:51 pm

F/HA was techincally nothing more than a fandisk for the Fate series. Pretty much it's like Kagetsu Tohya by having the repeat the day over and over until you find a way out. And if you want to be technical it pretty much follows the ending of the HF- Sakura Route. In which case the HF Route is actually the True Ending to begin with if you look at it that way. Although I do doubt we'll get a HF story or ending for that matter here.

Also, I'm going to make the arugemnt of when did GARcher ever care for anyone else, aside from trying to kill off Shirou? Since I never saw it in either Route you've meantioned. I mean the only thing I got was that he knew Saber and that was it, nothing more.

Also, for this series to show how Shirou becomes Emiya (Archer) then GARcher should be replaced with Ajax since that's how Shirou learned a defensive move that he's technically not supposed to have.

Last but not leat there can be nothing other than GilxGil since... well he's too much of a narcicist to actually love anyone from the looks of things.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby astalotte » April 28th, 2014, 12:54 am

i already knew he was a total narcissist lol did you not go through the fate series?

Quotes to saber by gil:
“Somethings are beautiful because they cannot be obtained”
“Dont be shy cutie”
“You”
“I shall make you one of my greatest treasures in my treasure chest(gate of babylon)”
“End your chase for the holy grail and be my wife”
“For takeout i shall have you!You!You!You!”(this kept ringing in her head till she became alter so i wrote it 3 times)
“What an stubborn woman, i shall break you and make you mine”
“I shall test your noble phantasm and see if you worthy of being my possession”

I would keep going but i cant remember any more- these are the only ones i listened to whilst he was rambling on about himself.

If you didn't find what i'm talking about, then you must not have been reading(carefully)everything rin & archer said. Plus f/ha is what would happen if fate and hf combined - its not only hf.About the the defensive move, if your talking about Rho Aius then Shirou already learnt it in hf.

Also, in fate/zero is it just me or is diarmud(lancer) an onii-chan character? Do you guys know if the fate manga is finished or when a knew chapter comes out? Lol gilxgil XD

I find it delicious how archer tries to kill shirou even though he should know archer would just be created again in another universe, after all the throne room of heroes contain every hero who ever was and ever would be - even ones from parallel worlds, apart from arturia of course because well she was taken to avalon after her death. Since archer and saber literally had the same past, its hard to take in the fact that they disagree so much. Maybe Iskander(zero/rider) didn't teach that girl a good enough lesson even though she was literally haunted by his words in fate/zero.

I also find it amusing how in all the routes(at the beginning) Shirou had 'a little girl crush' on who was supposed to be a 25 yr old woman(saber)yet he treats her like his little sister. I'm definately sure that Shirou is an onii-chan character and i also think saber has a onii-chan complex - look at the evidence in fate/zero and the f/sn series.

Just realised lots of things

1) avalon is a whole other world and arturia's sheath which means every time she puts excalibur into the sheath it goes to another world! kwl

2) the grail is totally playing favourites with saber, it let her be a living servant- twice! dos! deux! zwei! nii! damn you!

3) since saber was the first to know ilya in fsn then why wasn't she kept as a secondary character if hf - ilya and sakura's route

4) irisveil is soooo nice! She even treated saber as her own! Super nice humonculus!! I wish ilya was more like her at the beggining of fate and hf

5) Saber holds a whole other world in her hands - i think we now know who rules the most out of her and gil

6) You guys are being so mean to Shinji- once upon a time there was a little boy caller Matou Shinji. One day his grandpa brought a strange girl home and said she would be his new sister! Feeling sorry for the girl being suddenly taken in by a magi family, shinji decided to take care of her and become her best friend! However, on the girl's birthday, after shinji took his time to make a bento which contained lots of love, he over heard his grandpa telling the girl that she would succeed the Matou household and was devastated. After spending his life trying his best to be a successor, an unknown girl, who he took on the job of taking care of, comes and takes it away.That was how the horrible despicable shinji you all know, was born. Personally, i dont hold a grudge on him, the exact same thing happened between arturia and her older sister/wife, yes, yes, i know it's messed up but oh well thats what nasu wanted.

Shinji = Shinji
Girl = Sakura
Grandpa = Zouken

Most fsn fans ask what would saber do if what happend to sakura happend to her - this is the answer, she just ignores it

7) i hate hf shirou so damn much! Ok... firstly, he holds avalon which saber was searching for, for so long. And then, he uses avalon's magic ability to kill saber who was grieving on having it stolen!!! I think hf shirou can be eaten by Arturia's inner dragon for all i care, it would teach him a good lesson for back biting a british girl. Word of warning, NEVER, EVER back bite a british girl - they will slaughter you!

Astalotte; Saber-chan! Saber-chan!

Saber; What?

Astalotte; Why is it you like shirou even though mentally he's nine years younger than you?

Saber; Hmm i wonder... wait...WHAT!

Astalotte; Cu, cu, cu, someone just confessed~~

Saber; Well then i shall silence you.......

Astalotte; No... wait!

Saber; ekus...........CALIBAH!

Astalotte; Kya~“”“”

“”
astalotte
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby abscess » April 28th, 2014, 11:16 am

Oh, Kill la Kill, why are you such a good show?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 29th, 2014, 4:28 am

abscess wrote:Oh, Kill la Kill, why are you such a good show?

Most likely becuase it was done my the original GINAX crew.

In any case on topic, yeah I have to agree with that pic of yours abscess. Beisdes with too much speculation fuel and not enough info this was more or less bound to happen though.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Kenzu » May 27th, 2014, 1:15 pm

Wow.

Things really went out of control for the past month that I haven’t been here.
Oh well. That’s fate I guess (no pun intended).

Anyway, for those interested, here’s a second trailer in better quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZB_Yq07aMs

abscess, the grail thing is between 1:16 and 1:18. A split second really. The screens are Grail-Sakura-Gilgamesh.

And here’s some sweet animation, but without sound effects, from the new FSN anime:
http://tune.pk/video/2863732/fatestay-n ... mo-trailer

You can also find it by googling:
Fate stay night 2014 Ufotable - PV Machi Asobi Special Demo Trailer

If both links are down, then they both should be here:
http://www.orendsrange.com/2014/05/ufot ... glish.html

Now then...

abscess,
Thanks for writing the other side of my thoughts for me. I did think about those things you quoted and commented on.
As for the trigger when there's “Gil staring down at Sakura”, do you remember how he dies in HF? During that scene it is shown that when he met her the last time, he said something like: “You should die right now, girl. Once you become familiar with it, you won’t even be able to die.”
Japanese romaji would be like this: “Ima no uchi ni shinde oke yo musume. Najimde shimaeba, shinu koto mo dekinaku naru zo.”
Sure, it wasn’t said that it was precisely at THAT point, but then again, when else could it have been? That's pretty much the only point of showing them together on one screen.

abscess wrote:The craziest shit they can probably do is tell the story of when Shirou does take the path of becoming the Hero Emiya... that'd be pretty rad, actually.

Point. That would be rad. Kind of Urobuchi style rad.
But since he’s not on the staff… I guess they will have to go with something else.
Or will they?

Kid-Wolf,
About DEEN’s adaptation of FSN…
Kid-Wolf wrote:all they did was just took the 3 Routes and tossed them into a blender and said it was the Fate Route by the end of it all.

I agree with that it was a blender, but I don’t consider this anime a blunder. I still think they did a pretty good job. This blender mix wasn’t that bad. I’ve seen worse (Tsukihime). In this FSN anime DEEN got all the most important points of Fate Route done right. You could clearly tell what the story was about and what was the point of it all, unlike f.e. UBW Movie, which I wouldn’t get without playing the VN.

I also don’t like the fact that they put in some elements from UBW and HF that could have been left out, but it’s still not a bad adaptation. They probably did it to have more action in the show f.e. Saber vs Assassin.
If you want a perfect adaptation of the Fate Route that includes all of your favorite points, you won’t get it. Even if you could get something better, it won’t get much better than what DEEN did.
Besides, if it wasn’t for DEEN, the term “GAR” would never have been born. Their vision of battle between Archer and Berserker was THAT epic.

Kid-Wolf wrote:Heck the manga seems to have done a good job by doing what looks like something close to an UBW storyline though.

FSN manga doesn’t seem to know which direction it wants to go. First it’s Fate, then it’s kind of like UBW, then they put in some stuff that got explained in HF, then it goes Fate again. The longer you read it the more redundant it gets. Some parts are so messed up that I could only hang my jaw in astonishment at who wrote such nonsense. I stopped reading at some point and don’t care about it anymore.
Now THAT’S a blend that gives indigestion.
And you say DEEN did a bad job with the anime? Be serious. If you want to rip on some Fate franchise, rip on its manga. There’s way much more to rip on.

Kid-Wolf wrote:Well with ufotable doign this there is a good chance they will outperform DEEN's attempt at this now

Oh, THEY WILL outperform it. I don’t doubt that. Just look at the second link in this post till it still connects. Can’t wait to see more.
Last edited by Kenzu on September 19th, 2014, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenzu
Addict

Unread postby abscess » July 27th, 2014, 2:49 pm

I have to be brutally honest. I'm slightly disappointed...

New Fate/stay night TV Anime is 'Unlimited Bladeworks'
(source)

Fate/Stay night's 'Heaven's Feel' Route Gets Film
(source)

I know I was all "I have little to no faith," but maaan.... this is kinda sad...
Last edited by abscess on July 28th, 2014, 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Kenzu » July 27th, 2014, 7:48 pm

Oh man... I feel disappointed. It hit me pretty hard when I cheked MyAnimeList and noticed the name change in FSN 2014.
Then again, UBW action, way to go. Show everyone how it's done Ufotable.

And Heaven's Feel gets a movie, huh... Let's hope it will be a series of movies Kara no Kyoukai style and not DEEN UBW Movie style. Either a movie series or they will have to do only the fight scenes. I can't see it any other way.
Personally, I think Heaven's Feel would work best in a format of movie series. Perhaps my hope will still be fulfilled.

Here are links to the trailers.
UBW series trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spseKv7jtmY

Heaven's Feel movie trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X7JEFF9mvs

Not much, but at least they clearly stated what they're working on.

EDIT
Some new short previews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWbt1raUgxg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEp3Mr5cHlI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4n-1OCK2vo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZPAOPA4AN8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3YQ-KG0kEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCIbnzX2rcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3UK2tH4PD0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yarWSqrMDUs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QQOw1rXq1o
Kenzu