Fate/Stay Night patch questions (Windows 8)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Fate/Stay Night patch questions (Windows 8)

Unread postby Donkeyfish » March 15th, 2014, 8:31 am

Hello, I would like to ask anyone who knows how this English patch works a few questions.
-Does the English patch work on Windows 8.1 as it is my current OS and I would hate to buy a copy of the game only to have it not work with my OS.
-There was a release of Fate/Stay Night bundled with Fate/Hollow Ataraxia that was released in January 2014, does the English patch work for this version of the game as well as the other two versions? I would love to buy that box-set if that is the case as it looks gorgeous as well as having both games whenever the sequel gets its own English patch.
here is a website that shows the box-set in if you need to see what I am referring to http://seventhstyle.com/2014/01/17/fate ... a-package/

either of these questions answered would be greatly appreciated thank you! :D
Donkeyfish
Totally hardly posted

Re: Fate/Stay Night patch questions (Windows 8)

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 19th, 2014, 6:01 am

As far as I know the English patch only works for the 3CDs/DVD and that's how far it went. As for it working on Windows 8.1 I'm honestly not sure about that since I think Vista wasn't even around at that time if memory serves.

As for wat you've shown I don't think it'll be done.... maybe they will do a retranslation of Fate due to it being updated, but I doubt it since they are adding F/HA onto that package there. Besides the F/HA translation is still in the works by the gourp over at BeastLair, so you might need to ask over there.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Bowring » March 21st, 2014, 7:10 pm

I've just installed the English patch on windows eight point one 64 bit.

It complains that it can't find the operating system version at the start of installation but just tell it to go ahead and it installs happily! I've only been reading for about 30mins but no problems so far. I've swapped between full/windowed screens and saved/recalled savepoints.

I used the special edition release DVD from the (rather nice) stay night+hollow ataraxia box set. I bought mine from jlist.

Now..... Back to the book.

Reason for edit, the figure eight turns into a smily.
Bowring
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Donkeyfish » March 23rd, 2014, 6:08 am

Bowring wrote:I've just installed the English patch on windows eight point one 64 bit.

It complains that it can't find the operating system version at the start of installation but just tell it to go ahead and it installs happily! I've only been reading for about 30mins but no problems so far. I've swapped between full/windowed screens and saved/recalled savepoints.

I used the special edition release DVD from the (rather nice) stay night+hollow ataraxia box set. I bought mine from jlist.

Now..... Back to the book.

Reason for edit, the figure eight turns into a smily.

Thanks for the heads up :) since I now know that it's essentially the same dvd set that was released before I should just get that release if it's the same thing and it also comes with Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
yeah the 8 turns into a smiley if you don't have smilies disabled at the bottom of the posting options, I figured that out when I typed this out and it did the same thing :P

Edit: just to be clear was the boxset you used to download it the same one I linked in the first post?
Donkeyfish
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Bowring » March 23rd, 2014, 9:15 am

Yes. That is the box I bought. Inside you get the two VNs, an illustrated game guide (posh manual) and two art books.

A heads up, ataraxia kept failing it's disk check after install. If this happens for you it means it wants the serial number (mine was on a piece of card in the guide).
There is a separate registering program that will pop up on the programs list (windows tiles interface), run that and input the serial number and it'll run.

Once they are installed neither of them seem to need the disks anymore. Good as the disk case in the box is very flimsy.

Hope this helps.
Bowring
Totally hardly posted

Return to Fate/stay night Chat