Kagetsu Tohya?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Kagetsu Tohya?

Unread postby -[J1N]- » September 18th, 2007, 1:19 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already, but I thought this would be the right place to ask, seeing how many threads have opened about it here.

What exactly is Kagetsu Tohya? I know there are things such as Wiki and all, but I'd like to request the answers from you guys =). Is it a sequel to Tsukihime or prequel, and is it linked with Melty Blood? I've read some things from other threads but I don't really get what it's about.

Hope you guys can help.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sobzob » September 18th, 2007, 1:48 pm

It's a sequel to Tsukihime, and some characters that didn't appear in Tsukihime appears on Kagetsu Tohya. Those characters also appear in Melty Blood. Oh and it's a fun-disc.
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby rubberchicken » September 18th, 2007, 1:52 pm

Story-wise you could say it takes place between Tsukihime and Melty Blood, although I'm not really sure if any of the post-Tsukihime games can actually be considered canon, since they don't seem to build off of any specific ending from the original game.
rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Xavier » September 18th, 2007, 7:05 pm

From what I can see, its a collection of stories or side stories that relates to Tsukihime. Basically, a kind of sequel. KIND OF.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby potaatti » September 18th, 2007, 7:33 pm

rubberchicken wrote:Story-wise you could say it takes place between Tsukihime and Melty Blood, although I'm not really sure if any of the post-Tsukihime games can actually be considered canon, since they don't seem to build off of any specific ending from the original game.

Didn't at least Kagetsy Tohya (the main story, that is) build off of Arc's good ending?`
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby DarkEyes » September 18th, 2007, 7:51 pm

It could also be following Ciel's good ending... Anyway, it's a fan disk and it ain't canon....
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby MestHoop » September 18th, 2007, 9:05 pm

the main story in kagetsu tohya is based off different endings in tsukihime, which one depends on which choices you make in Kagetsu Tohya.
A small example of this:
In the morning you go to school, you have 2 choices. Go with Akiha or alone.

If you choose go with Akiha, it will continue from a storyline where Akiha transfered to your school.
If you choose go alone, you will think to yourself "why was I waiting on her anyway? she goes to a completely different school".

Hope I didn't spoil to much XD
MestHoop
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raw » September 19th, 2007, 2:26 am

It can be considered a sequel, because it continues in the same universe. But, it's a Fan Disk, so no canon :( Anyway, this is just a scapegoat so the writers can give some "fan service" without ruining the serious aspect of the universe. This means that they can release Tsukihime 2 and alter all that was established by MB and KT without giving a care.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Blue Gunner » September 19th, 2007, 4:56 am

Raw wrote:It can be considered a sequel, because it continues in the same universe. But, it's a Fan Disk, so no canon :( Anyway, this is just a scapegoat so the writers can give some "fan service" without ruining the serious aspect of the universe. This means that they can release Tsukihime 2 and alter all that was established by MB and KT without giving a care.

It also explored some aspects of the Tsukihime game a little more, extending on certain endings and things. IIRC,
there are a number of side stories that follow different endings, such as a dream which follows Akiha's true ending.
In essence, it follows all the routes to some extent, slightly paradoxical as that may be.

I think. I haven't gone through it all just yet, but that's what I'm leaning towards.
Improve your vocab and feed people in need: http://www.freerice.com
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby -[J1N]- » September 19th, 2007, 12:10 pm

Kagetsu Tohya a graphic novel game like the others isn't it? how long as it been out for?
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sobzob » September 19th, 2007, 4:21 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:Kagetsu Tohya a graphic novel game like the others isn't it? how long as it been out for?

Yeah it's a visual novel, and it was released in 2001. It's not longer produced.
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » September 20th, 2007, 8:26 am

Ahh darn, something else to chase up for now. If anyone doesn't want their copy, just let me know ^ ^
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ktroy » September 25th, 2007, 3:45 am

So is this still an h game? and ok im really confused im playing this game with the guide. i follow it and it opens up different main stories to the old endings in tsukihime is this correct?
ktroy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby rubberchicken » September 25th, 2007, 9:48 pm

ktroy wrote:So is this still an h game? and ok im really confused im playing this game with the guide. i follow it and it opens up different main stories to the old endings in tsukihime is this correct?

It's about as much of an H game as Tsukihime was, which is to say... not very.

Working your way through the main storyline will unlock sidestories that expand on things mentioned in the original game (and some that are just silly). These are just short stories, though; they're not like new routes or anything. One of these, Flower of Thanatos, contains H-scenes with Kohaku and Hisui (both of which just use redrawn CGs from Tsukihime) and a new one including them both.

There are also two scenes with Len in the main game.
rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ktroy » September 25th, 2007, 9:50 pm

so theres like 5 h parts in general how disappointing i wanted to see more arikah, and arc... heh im not into lil girls so len is kinda weird parts for me haha.
ktroy
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Tsukihime Chat