So what do you guys think of the manga?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

So what do you guys think of the manga?

Unread postby Hyperbeast » September 1st, 2007, 4:24 pm

Searched and didn't find a thread on this, so...

For those of you not in the know, there's also a Tsukihime manga. It seems more based off the nonexistant anime than the game, but it also has elements from the game's non-Arc routes along with new and very different things.

So on that note, for those of you reading it, what do you think? I finished volume four last night and am eagerly anticipating the rest. I also think they managed to make Ciel kinda cute, and for me who has Ciel at the very bottom of the TYPE-MOON girl ladder, that's quite a feat.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sobzob » September 1st, 2007, 5:18 pm

I like it so far, I've only read two volumes. I ordered all four, but apparently the third and fourth got out of stock about the same time as I ordered them, so I guess I'll get them some time soon. Since it've been about a month now..

I can't agree with you Hyperbeast, Ciel will always be down. I don't like her in the manga either, she's not cute in the manga :(
But I do like Shiki with the Nanaya personality a lot.

Anyone have any ideas when the fifth volume will be released?(I suppose it's not)
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » September 1st, 2007, 7:31 pm

Sobzob wrote:I can't agree with you Hyperbeast, Ciel will always be down. I don't like her in the manga either, she's not cute in the manga :(

Well I did still say she was at the bottom of my list...

And no idea about when volume five will be released. Supposedly there's a lot more of Nanaya Shiki in volume five.

Some scenes kinda bugged me though. For example, both regarding the "dream" Shiki gets for helping Arc...
While I'm glad they went with Shiki having the sex dream rather than the nonexistant anime's version, it bugs me that he didn't tell Arc it was her. That was kind of one of the more dramatic parts of the game, with Shiki trying to come to terms with Arc being a vampire and Arc that Shiki would see her in that way. There's also the construction area fight, which didn't make too much sense in the way they edited it. I mean, it has Shiki seeing Arc's eyes, saying "The only one that can molest Arcueid is me!" (or something along those lines) and then proceeding to kill all the dead, but then the lack of molesting would probably be a time of confusion for people who haven't played the game. ...Maybe that scene will happen later? But being that Roa's already appeared (in the SHIKI version, which I also find odd) probably not.

About half the manga's scenes featuring Sacchin also left me thinking: "Isn't it sad, Sacchin?"
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby miszou » September 3rd, 2007, 1:01 am

I like ho the manga is very different from the anime. It mixes game, anime and new things, which makes it fun to read.

also, nanaya personality rules ^^ I missed the rape scene too :( I hope it comes later. I hope it gets a bit more over the edge then this, but its nice to read already ^^ Ciel and Akiha fighting is certainly interesting :3 Weird thing was the fence and Ciel repairing it from the begin of the game xD Got me like, wtf they included it, somewhere else in the story line even :P I'm curious about the rest tho ^^ Wonder what kind of new things they think up :3
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby okmol » September 3rd, 2007, 10:21 am

The fighting with nero in the manga is much more interesting than the anime.
okmol
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby miszou » September 3rd, 2007, 10:47 am

okmol wrote:The fighting with nero in the manga is much more interesting than the anime.

But less interesting than the VN, some parts of the fight made less sense, and some small details that made it interesting are, are gone. But above all, the dialog is pretty different in the explaining of things, not improving on the VN :( But it was indeed way more interesting than the anime.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkEyes » September 3rd, 2007, 7:50 pm

I like the manga ALOT better then the anime... Better art and the characters aren't that wimpy... Well u get the idea =)
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DrmChsr0 » September 3rd, 2007, 8:03 pm

Needs to be released faster :<
That note.

That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note. That note.
DrmChsr0
Might just like this board

Unread postby Einherjar » September 4th, 2007, 12:20 am

Hyperbeast wrote:
Sobzob wrote:I can't agree with you Hyperbeast, Ciel will always be down. I don't like her in the manga either, she's not cute in the manga :(

And no idea about when volume five will be released. Supposedly there's a lot more of Nanaya Shiki in volume five.

Some scenes kinda bugged me though. For example, both regarding the "dream" Shiki gets for helping Arc...
While I'm glad they went with Shiki having the sex dream rather than the nonexistant anime's version, it bugs me that he didn't tell Arc it was her. That was kind of one of the more dramatic parts of the game, with Shiki trying to come to terms with Arc being a vampire and Arc that Shiki would see her in that way. There's also the construction area fight, which didn't make too much sense in the way they edited it. I mean, it has Shiki seeing Arc's eyes, saying "The only one that can molest Arcueid is me!" (or something along those lines) and then proceeding to kill all the dead, but then the lack of molesting would probably be a time of confusion for people who haven't played the game. ...Maybe that scene will happen later? But being that Roa's already appeared (in the SHIKI version, which I also find odd) probably not.

About half the manga's scenes featuring Sacchin also left me thinking: "Isn't it sad, Sacchin?"

Shiki told Arc it was her in the dream later on. And yes, the scenes will happen later. The art quality the way better than the anime in my opinion, by the way.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 20th, 2008, 6:13 pm

Einherjar wrote:
Hyperbeast wrote:

Shiki told Arc it was her in the dream later on. And yes, the scenes will happen later. The art quality the way better than the anime in my opinion, by the way.

well I really don't know which chapter are you guy talking about but the Manga has almost all of it what happens in the game.
like the dinner in Wc ronnals and the Tape thing.
Last edited by zweiterversuch on February 23rd, 2008, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kura » February 22nd, 2008, 4:34 pm

Have no fear, they removed the links but not the images themselves.

Example:
Links removed by MSG.

Type in the number of the chapter and then just browse to your delight!
Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Einherjar » February 22nd, 2008, 9:41 pm

Is it legal to post this???
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 22nd, 2008, 10:24 pm

Einherjar wrote:Is it legal to post this???

I think
lets ask Staffer.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Einherjar » February 22nd, 2008, 10:49 pm

Even doujins are not permitted, with the exception of the funny melty blood one. =P
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 22nd, 2008, 10:51 pm

Einherjar wrote:Even doujins are not permitted, with the exception of the funny melty blood one. =P

Which one?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Einherjar » February 22nd, 2008, 11:14 pm

Finally, found, it. viewtopic.php?p=12690&highlight=saying#12690
*collapse*
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 22nd, 2008, 11:32 pm

guys
we must erase that link.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Raw » March 13th, 2008, 12:58 am

Anyway, Tsukihime anime is really really really really really dissapointing, much to the fact that they HAD to include a bath scene. This is like the trademark low point "let's gather more audience" + "get more rating" (which is of course, called a booster shot or something along those lines) of baaaaad animes.

Also, it doesn't, or at least tries to, make sense at all.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 13th, 2008, 12:24 pm

Raw wrote:Anyway, Tsukihime anime is really really really really really dissapointing, much to the fact that they HAD to include a bath scene. This is like the trademark low point "let's gather more audience" + "get more rating" (which is of course, called a booster shot or something along those lines) of baaaaad animes.

Also, it doesn't, or at least tries to, make sense at all.

Yeah it sucks.
I don't think Tsuki would make a good anime even though they would remake it ( the anime).
It lacks action and it has too much dialoge.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby ayadew » March 13th, 2008, 12:31 pm

Haha, ciel get's all the shit. Noone likes her as a character, noone likes her in the game, and she hates herself too..
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat