Problems installing sound

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Problems installing sound

Unread postby bellinati » August 15th, 2007, 12:41 am

Hi there, I just installed the tsukihime english patch and evething seens to be working normally, but i dont get any sound.
I did every as it was specified on the de readme file but it stil dont work.
When i installed the original japanese version, i had to input the music manually through the upper menu bar, but it dont show up in the english version.
I also managed to get a hold of the ever after cd music in mp3 format but i cannot make it work on the game either.
Can someone give me a hand here please, im dying to play this game but it is unbearable to do soithout sound.

Thanks in advance.
bellinati
Totally hardly posted

problems installing sound

Unread postby bellinati » August 15th, 2007, 1:47 am

Sorry guys, i forgot to post mi computer specs, here goes.

Intel Pentium 4 3.06Ghz
1.5GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
Windows XP with Service pack2

i also forgot to tell that the encoded tracks WORKS when i individually open then in media player.
And for the ever after, wich tracks do i encode, all of then or just the first 10. and in wich CD, there are two of then.
thanks again and sorry for my ignorance, in not very used to computer stuff.
bellinati
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Eriol-kun » August 15th, 2007, 2:25 am

Firstly, know that ONScripter has known issues with .mp3 files. So I hope you've got your tracks encoded in .ogg format (the recommended).

Then, your tracks should be named from track01 to track10, and placed on a folder named "CD" in the directory where you saved Tsukihime English.

Hope that helps.
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread postby bellinati » August 15th, 2007, 3:17 am

Thats exactly what i did but it still dont work, with or without the original cd on the pc
bellinati
Totally hardly posted

Sound won't work

Unread postby bagwandin » August 21st, 2007, 9:51 pm

Hi

I have installed the sound files in ogg format exactly per the instructions. Also, I can play track 01 -10 by opening them individually. I am using Win XP and have installed foobar2000 which plays ogg files. The game opens and plays fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated
thanks
bagwandin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby bellinati » August 22nd, 2007, 2:13 am

Hi buddy.

I managed to solve my problem by encoding and installing tracks from the Tsukihime Ever After music CD.
The problem for you is, i already had a mp3 version of the CD supplied by a friend of mine who were kind enough to download it into my PC after i got the Game, but in your case, you will need to get it on your on.
If you get yourself one, simply extract the first 10 tracks of CD 2 (they are the original game music) and convert them to ogg files, them simply follow the instructions given on the installation guide and you should be fine.
bellinati
Totally hardly posted

sound not working

Unread postby bagwandin » August 22nd, 2007, 5:13 pm

Hi

Thanks for all the help i have received so far.
I have converted to ogg tracks 1 - 10 from Ever After CD2 exactly per the instructions but sound still does not work. I can open and play each track separately with no problems. I am running XP.

Any suggestions are appreciated
Thanks
bagwandin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kanzar » August 23rd, 2007, 2:36 am

Are you using Windows XP?

Go to Windows Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View.
Find the box next to 'Hide extensions for known file types', and uncheck it.

Then, go to your CD folder in the English Tsukihime folder, and make sure the names are from track01 to track10 (so that's track01.ogg, track02.ogg, track03.ogg, track04.ogg ... track09.ogg, track10.ogg).
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

sound works - thanks

Unread postby bagwandin » August 23rd, 2007, 6:15 pm

Hi

The latest suggestion worked perfectly - thanks for all the help.
bagwandin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Havok6664 » August 26th, 2007, 12:35 am

I'm having some trouble with the sound too. I'm using Windows Vista and I saw that it said that it wasn't completely compatible with Vista. Is there any way to fix it so I can hear the music?
Havok6664
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kanzar » August 26th, 2007, 1:44 am

From this thread: http://www.revolve-trans.org/forums/vie ... ista+sound

Message wrote:Oh, the games work just fine under Windows Vista, don't worry about that. It's just that the installer isn't optimized for the OS, so some details are flawed. It's nothing that would get you into any trouble, it just isn't as foolproof as I would want. And besides, by the time I finish Vista support you can almost certainly just update your not-so-Vista-proof install to the new version and everything will be fixed. And if you really want to wait till I put my Vista-ready sticker on the release, rest assured - We will release it. Vista support is the next big step in the installer evolution, it is at the very top of my priorities list.

So. Have you tried all the suggestions in this thread, such as the one I posted? There should be a corresponding option in Vista's Windows Explorer, but since I don't run Vista nor do I have ready access to a computer running it, I can't give you detailed instructions on where to find said option.
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Return to Tsukihime Chat