Buncha questions from a beginner.. help (no spoilers)

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Buncha questions from a beginner.. help (no spoilers)

Unread postby iclim4 » July 24th, 2007, 5:17 am

1. i just started playing tsukihime, on a vista os and i cant seem to find the fullscreen mode in the game.. is this normal cause ive seen the disclaimer thing which pops up saying "this installer does not yet support vista" or something to that extent?. ive installed the japanese version first ,w/o the patch, and the game had an extra taskbar with fullscreen mode and such which was missing in the patched one.

2. im really liking the story and was wondering if i can watch the anime after i beat the arcueid route without spoiling myself from the other routes..
or would you guys recommend me first beating all routes before watching the anime?

3. so ive been looking into tsukihime and found out there are 2 sequels Kagetsu Tohya, and melty blood.. after tsukihime what should i play first, or what comes right after plot wise?.

4. re-act?. any difference to melty blood story wise cause i cant seem to find the game in himeya or plate..

5. plus disc, ive read in a thread that it had a patch for tsukihime?. what is it for?

alright that about sums it up..
Anyway just wanted to say that you guys dont have to answer every question, if you dont have the time
even answering just one would be great.. tnx ^^
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby DarkEyes » July 24th, 2007, 5:36 am

Can't help ya with nr.1 man... But,
2. Well the anime does have minor spoilers from the other routes... The anime's not that good anyway... The game - sooo much better :D

3. I think after Tsukihime comes Kagetsu Tohya and then goes Melty blood...

Uhhh... Looks like I'm kinda useless on the others too... :P

Oh well, there are alot of cool ppl here... I bet they'll get here soon...
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » July 24th, 2007, 6:27 am

No prob, I'm here :D

1) Press F. That works in Windows XP anyways.
2) Actually I'd recommend watching the anime before reading the rest. It you watch it afterwards you'll just be like "wtf is this shit?!". Outside of Arc's route there are some small spoilers, but I don't think they ruin a lot. It's your choice really.
3)What DarkEyes said. You can understand Melty Blood without reading Kagetsu Tohya, but you'll miss out on some of the jokes.
4)Adds an arcade mode with a second story revolving around Len. Probably better if you read Kagetsu Tohya first, if you can.
5)The patch is just a bug/typo fix, you don't need it for the english patch.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkEyes » July 24th, 2007, 6:45 am

C? Told ya someone'll show up =)
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby iclim4 » July 24th, 2007, 6:55 am

Thanks ^^
hmm... thats weird i tried the f key before and it didnt work, but prolly cause i tried it when i first started (prologue) >.<
anyway it works now! ^^ it just turns vista back into basic and gives task bars a weird blue shade....

about watching the anime first... as a point of reference i regretted watching the anime on fate/night first before playing the game cause the game was so much better and i spoiled myself on the plot.. is the anime adaptation really that bad?. and i actually figured out who archer really was by just watching the anime, so the "small spoilers" are EVIL!!!

well anyway thats about it.. thank you thank you!!! n_n

DarkEyes wrote:C? Told ya someone'll show up =)

yup someone did ^^
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby Wabbajack » August 1st, 2007, 2:06 am

2) Watch the anime to get a "feel" of Tsukihime. One of the first shows that got me into anime.
After playing the game, you will notice some points are not covered in 12 episodes.
Eat fish if you want to become stronger.
Wabbajack
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Sobzob » August 1st, 2007, 9:55 am

Wabbajack wrote:2) Watch the anime to get a "feel" of Tsukihime. One of the first shows that got me into anime.
After playing the game, you will notice some points are not covered in 12 episodes.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime got you into anime?? Oh wow, it misses too many details. Especially
when Arcueid leaves Shiki in the end
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Wabbajack » August 2nd, 2007, 3:50 am

Without knowledge of the game, the show was pretty moving with the soundtrack and the opening/ending themes.
Shiki's discovery of his past from reading the diary and the ending really bugged me too!

The other show was Kiddy Grade, 24 Eclair fanservice and some strange plot near the end... I'm ready for season 2!
Eat fish if you want to become stronger.
Wabbajack
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Einherjar » September 4th, 2007, 6:25 pm

iclim4 wrote:Thanks ^^
hmm... thats weird i tried the f key before and it didnt work, but prolly cause i tried it when i first started (prologue) >.<
anyway it works now! ^^ it just turns vista back into basic and gives task bars a weird blue shade....

about watching the anime first... as a point of reference i regretted watching the anime on fate/night first before playing the game cause the game was so much better and i spoiled myself on the plot.. is the anime adaptation really that bad?. and i actually figured out who archer really was by just watching the anime, so the "small spoilers" are EVIL!!!

well anyway thats about it.. thank you thank you!!! n_n

DarkEyes wrote:C? Told ya someone'll show up =)

yup someone did ^^

Fate/Stay Night anime = good
Tsukihime anime = bad
Fate/Stay Night manga = bad
Tsukihime manga = good
That's what I think
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Return to Tsukihime Chat