Missing an option?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Missing an option?

Unread postby Liska » July 12th, 2007, 4:20 am

I finished Tsukihime for the first time recently, and loved it. Not using any walkthroughs, I ended up going down the Arcueid path. But getting only one ending wasn't enough to sate my addiction, so I decided to attempt the Kohaku ending. This is where things get weird.

I kept getting stuck onto the Hisui path, even though I always selected the options relating to Kohaku. Confused, I decided to check out the walkthrough and it says to select the option "3. About the girl by the window" when Shiki is reminiscing about his initial stay at the Tohno house.

But this is what I get:

This is after following the walkthrough included with the 1.1 translation patch to the letter. Can anybody help shed some light on this mystery?

For the curious, I'm using the 1.1 translation patch on Vista. I haven't gotten any graphical errors, and everything went smoothly during my first playthrough, so I won't post the rest of my system specs unless asked.
Liska
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Naota » July 12th, 2007, 5:51 am

Ah, well that's because Kohaku is just so amazing and deceptive a character that her route can only be completed after Hisui's. A number of facts become apparent during Hisui's route which will literally make you want to strangle Shiki for the way he's been acting and the things he's been doing throughout the whole thing. After reaching an ending there, you'll have the chance to go back and do things differently in Kohaku's route... Though Shiki is possibly even more oblivious than before. Also, I would probably consider this route to be one of the strangest, and downright most insane of all of them, especially what happens when Shiki starts trying to figure out who the serial killer is.

Minor Spoiler:
In a sort of dream-like absence of mind he actually runs into SHIKI at night (The real Tohno Shiki), who's out there trying to kill people as per usual, but when they realize that they're both killers in spirit, they go for a nice walk and have a chat about their favourite hobby - murder. Hell, Shiki even buys the guy a bunch of coffee to get him through the night while they talk about the weirdest stuff I've ever heard outside of my own personal fiction writing.
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."
Naota
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » July 12th, 2007, 6:58 am

Playing (Hisui and) Kohaku before the other routes is not recommended. Please see the readme for the recommended playthrough order.

Unread postby Liska » July 12th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Yep, I'm retarded. I didn't even know there were play orders, but it says so right in the walkthrough. God damn, I have no idea how I missed that.

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Glad to know there's still plenty of goodness (and weirdness) left in Tsukihime to view.
Liska
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Devi » July 19th, 2007, 9:10 pm

hm know what? I've had the same problem damn clumzy me... hm.. but I wanted to end Kohaku's path first... o well :)
Devi
Totally hardly posted

Return to Tsukihime Chat