I wonder about a sequel...

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

I wonder about a sequel...

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 5th, 2007, 8:39 am

Ya know, if Tsukihime still has THIS much hype after seven years, why doesn't Type-Moon make a sequel? Any ideas?
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Unread postby KaioShin » July 5th, 2007, 11:57 am

Well, Melty Blood is a sequel in a way.
KaioShin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » July 5th, 2007, 1:56 pm

So is KT, and even Plus+Disc could be considered a bonus sequel.

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 6th, 2007, 4:55 am

Well, I meant more of a direct sequel. Plus I can't get the translated version of Melty Blood to install, lol. Anyway, I meant another graphic novel kinda thing. Something that could continue from the endings in the previous game. And I had thought that the plus disc was non-canon.
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Unread postby Message » July 6th, 2007, 7:56 am

bloodmoon0011 wrote:Plus I can't get the translated version of Melty Blood to install, lol.

That's because you're not allowed to use our translations on illegal copies of the games... Buy the game or don't play.

KT is a direct, visual novel sequel to Tsukihime, though.

Unread postby miszou » July 6th, 2007, 5:11 pm

apart from some fanservice seuqels I don't think real serious sequels are a good idea. Usually people expect too much from it. Whereas a completely new game can surprise the fans in a positive way ^^.

I hope they just create something new to look out to ^^ But that's my opinion anyway. If they ever make a serious sequel I would do my best to buy it as soon as I can xD
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » July 6th, 2007, 5:40 pm

I'd much rather see them re-release the bloody original. -__- Creating Tsukihime 2 is like milking a dead cow. It's about time TYPE-MOON did something new for a change.

Unread postby miszou » July 6th, 2007, 7:42 pm

agreed! I like to see something really new. Although I wouldn't complain if it's based on the same world or something. But something really new would be nice.

Haven't heard much news about a new project. I'm curious what they are doing now except milking FATE ^^;; Its great that they release FATE on ps2 to make it even more popular, but I hope that doesn't stand in the way of a new concept.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 6th, 2007, 9:24 pm

That's true. I just wish America had a better market for visual novel games... All well, I'm learning japanese for a reason, lol. So, what IS KT exactly anyway? And now I feel ashamed... I didn't know that I had to buy a legal copy of Melty Blood, lol.
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Unread postby KaioShin » July 6th, 2007, 10:57 pm

bloodmoon0011 wrote:I didn't know that I had to buy a legal copy of Melty Blood, lol.

o_O

This is what the internet brought us... not a slightest hunch of guilt for pirating copyrighted material T_T
KaioShin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » July 6th, 2007, 10:57 pm

bloodmoon0011 wrote:So, what IS KT exactly anyway?

Kagetsu Tohya is to Tsukihime as Fate/hollow ataraxia is to Fate/stay night. A fanservice sequel. ^_^;;

bloodmoon0011 wrote:I didn't know that I had to buy a legal copy of Melty Blood, lol.

The MB End User License Agreement states that you cannot use our translations on an illegal copy of the game. You agreed to those terms when you ticked the "Yes, I agree to all of the above terms" box and clicked "Next" in the installer. The same applies to all our other translations. We don't put unnecessary bullshit in our licenses, so it would be good if you could read them through before you agree to them. ;__;

Unread postby marus » July 7th, 2007, 1:14 am

'Cmon, you know no one ever reads those licenses no matter how short they are. They're like instruction booklets, only less pretty, and more legal.

And yeah, though a sequel to Tsukihime would be kinda cool, I would rather see some new ideas from Type-Moon. Even if Type-Moon did make a sequel, it couldn't be a harem type story like Tsukihime or Fate, since every ending has Shiki falling deeply in love with someone - I couldn't see Shiki falling in love again after that, even in the endings where he ends up alone. I wouldn't mind a remake, or a story about some of the other characters. I really want to see more of the other DAA.

Ah, this is kinda off topic, but since I'm talking about new Type-Moon works, has anyone read DDD? That looks interesting, but I don't know much about it.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Jinnai » July 7th, 2007, 9:27 am

While I think Tsukihime 2 would be good, I think an original, if done just as well, would be better. Though maybe a work set in the same world, but without Shiki or even most of the main characters (if any, atleast none of them as a main character) would be good as well.
Jinnai
Might just like this board

Unread postby potaatti » July 7th, 2007, 11:23 am

marus wrote:Even if Type-Moon did make a sequel, it couldn't be a harem type story like Tsukihime or Fate, since every ending has Shiki falling deeply in love with someone - I couldn't see Shiki falling in love again after that, even in the endings where he ends up alone.

Well, why it would need to be a harem type story? :P

It could be continuation of some ending in Tsukihime. Or there could be different storyline paths that take place after different endings.

Anyway, I agree that it would be nice to see a story about some side characters like Aoko or somebody else. Tsukihime's main characters could be left out of it, or maybe have some of them as side characters. And maybe the protagonist and other main characters could be over 20 for a change. :D
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » July 7th, 2007, 3:41 pm

Isn't Tsukihime 2 supposed to be the lost Sacchin route? >_> I thought that's what its all about...
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Re: ..........

Unread postby Message » July 7th, 2007, 4:04 pm

Tsukihime 2 doesn't exist. Accept it already. -____-

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 8th, 2007, 1:10 am

OBJECTION! Dammit, I can't help it, lol. It's so good. This is the first time I've been left depressed for so long over a game, lol. They really have a lot of talent, eh? I guess I was a little mad over the Kohaku ending.
I mean, it's supposed to be the ending for the character that most of the story revolves around, right? Or, at least that's what Ciel-sensei said after I completed her arc, and I agree. I mean, I go through that story line, learning of all the horrible things that happened to Kohaku and I get to the end and finally get to see her true smile. IN A DAMN DREAM!? C'mon, I can't be the only person that thinks that's a little messed up. I don't agree with cheese-out happy endings that leave you feeling like what you did for the past eight or so hours was worthless, but an ending that doesn't really solve anything and just make you sad feel the same, don't they?
For that matter, even if it is all solved, sad endings are just sad. Sure, life can't be as convenient as to spare everyone in a catastrophe, but I'd like my games to be like SOME beacon of hope, ya know? All I'm saying is that happy endings with no purpose are pointless, but a sad ending after all the trials are done doesn't really serve a purpose either, right? I'd like to see a nice sequel to Tsukihime in which the story is continued from where the endings left off, but even so... You guys are probably right. With as many hopes as I have, I get the feeling that I'd be disappointed no matter what they come up with. Along with the fact that Type-Moon seems to enjoy sad endings.

Oh, and to Message, I have a bit of a question. How was I able to install the Tsukihime translation without owning the original disk? I'm a bit confused, but you make it sound as though this is no more than a patch and NOT a direct crack of the game... Also, I'm a bit of a forum noob, so could you tell me how to add a signature/avatar and how do I make spoiler hiders? Sorry 'bout that.

Meh, anyway, viva Kohaku-san.
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 8th, 2007, 6:52 am

Also, is the art for Kagetsu Tohya as good as in Tsukihime? I've seen the CG's for Hollow Ataraxia, and they are amazing... And anyone who's played it, is it any good?
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Unread postby Message » July 8th, 2007, 8:29 am

bloodmoon0011 wrote:Oh, and to Message, I have a bit of a question. How was I able to install the Tsukihime translation without owning the original disk? I'm a bit confused, but you make it sound as though this is no more than a patch and NOT a direct crack of the game... Also, I'm a bit of a forum noob, so could you tell me how to add a signature/avatar and how do I make spoiler hiders? Sorry 'bout that.

Not knowing how to mask something is not an excuse for openly posting spoilers. You just came very close to a permanent ban. I would advise you to strictly adhere to the rules from now on.

That said, it should be pretty clear how to mask spoilers. There is a huge "Spoiler Tag" button just above the reply text window. Click it once to open a spoiler tag, type your spoiler, then click it again to close the spoiler tag.
Avatars and signatures can be configured in your profile, see the Profile link at the very top of this page.

As for being able to install Tsukihime English without a legal copy, there is little we can do about that. As I've said before, there is no such thing as a perfect copy protection. However, it should be clear that ALL our translations should only be used on legal copies of the games. Since you appear to be of good intentions I will let you off the hook for now, but you are in clear breach of the Tsukihime English license agreement by having installed it using an illegal copy of the game. You agreed to the license when you installed the translation, so please live up to that agreement and buy the game before playing.

bloodmoon0011 wrote:Also, is the art for Kagetsu Tohya as good as in Tsukihime? I've seen the CG's for Hollow Ataraxia, and they are amazing... And anyone who's played it, is it any good?

The KT art is very similar to Tsukihime, yes. As for Fate/hollow ataraxia, that should be discussed the F/sn forum. ^_^

Re: ..........

Unread postby miszou » July 8th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Impractic_Shiki wrote:Isn't Tsukihime 2 supposed to be the lost Sacchin route? >_> I thought that's what its all about...

wouldn't her route be a bit short? More like a story of bonus material.

@marus: I own the first DDD, but I can't read it yet -_- I will as soon as I can :]
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat