I wonder about a sequel...

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby potaatti » July 8th, 2007, 12:48 pm

Message wrote:As for being able to install Tsukihime English without a legal copy, there is little we can do about that. As I've said before, there is no such thing as a perfect copy protection. However, it should be clear that ALL our translations should only be used on legal copies of the games. Since you appear to be of good intentions I will let you off the hook for now, but you are in clear breach of the Tsukihime English license agreement by having installed it using an illegal copy of the game. You agreed to the license when you installed the translation, so please live up to that agreement and buy the game before playing.


Well, Tsukihime doesn't have a copy protection to begin with, as you don't need the CD after installing the game. And even if it had one, any copy protection that was around in 2001 is ridiculously easy to bypass even without using cracks. Even nowadays all copy protections except StarForce can be bypassed without cracks just as easily, though the means to do so are slightly more limited than in 2001 but that is less relevant due to increases in storage capacity. But I guess I shouldn't say more.. however, I'm really surprised that bloodmoon doesn't know about these methods.
potaatti
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 122
Joined: December 16th, 2006, 11:55 am

Unread postby Blue Gunner » July 8th, 2007, 12:50 pm

bloodmoon0011 wrote:Also, is the art for Kagetsu Tohya as good as in Tsukihime? I've seen the CG's for Hollow Ataraxia, and they are amazing... And anyone who's played it, is it any good?


*shameless plug*

At the moment, F/HA is being translated, so you can read for yourself. Check out the "General Translations" section. See what you think.
Improve your vocab and feed people in need: http://www.freerice.com
User avatar
Blue Gunner
Addict
 
Posts: 113
Joined: October 1st, 2006, 3:45 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Unread postby Naota » July 8th, 2007, 7:24 pm

I'm not sure why you keep saying that Kohaku's ending was in a dream... I just read it again to be sure, and it all really happened. Actually, this makes it probably one of the happiest endings in the entire game, probably only rivalled by Ciel's Happy/True Endings. There's certainly no dream there as far as I can tell.
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."
User avatar
Naota
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 134
Joined: June 3rd, 2007, 3:03 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 9th, 2007, 3:20 am

Jeez, Message, I understand. I would've bought a copy anyway... Well, I watched her ending again, and now I think I understand.
I thought it was a dream because Shiki said that he fell into a dream and the rest of the story went on with that really quick scene transition. But upon looking at it, I guess it could be taken both ways. In one way, one could think that he just dreamed the whole scene. In another, one could think that he just skipped the dream in his monologue and went on to describe his meeting with Kohaku. But I think, and this is just opinion, that he was dreaming OF the picture he saw. And no matter how you depict the final scene, I guess going back to it put me in a better mood, lol. It was an extremely happy ending upon retrospect. Guess I was just being cynical. After all, the last animes that I have watched were all sad endings (Gantz to say the least ^_^).

But, I feel better now.

But seriously, I really am sorry for not having a legal copy of the game. Truth be told, I downloaded it as a goof, thinking that an H-game can't possibly keep me entertained as an artform. WRONG. I'll definitely be buying a copy once I get some money, lol.
User avatar
bloodmoon0011
Addict
 
Posts: 75
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 7:49 am
Location: Nowhere

Re: ..........

Unread postby chasmirror » July 9th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Impractic_Shiki wrote:Isn't Tsukihime 2 supposed to be the lost Sacchin route? >_> I thought that's what its all about...


Actually, no. lol. Sacchin route was supposed to be in Tsukihime, but they couldn't make the deadline, so they just decided to cut it. The legend(?) is, the actual written scenario is still sleeping in a drawer somewhere in Type-Moon's office.

Tsukihime 2, at least from what is known so far, is set sometimes after Tsukihime. Shiki's eyes have become so sensitive that he can still see the lines even with the Mystic Eye Killer on, so he is now covered in special bandages to suppress them. Now he is a well-known figure in supernatural world as the bodyguard of the True Ancestor Princess(aka Alcueid), and so on. Anyway, that is what is rumored, but the Type-Moon's official stance on it is that it was never planned, and only the possibility of it was discussed before FSN went into production. So at this point, a PS3 remake version of FFVII is more likely to come out before Tsukihime 2.
chasmirror
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 148
Joined: June 22nd, 2007, 1:09 am
Location: Indiana

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 9th, 2007, 11:06 pm

Aw, darnies. But, I s'pose it is just as well. I mean, they can't possibly live up to EVERYONE's expectations, and I don't wanna be disappointed.
~~琥珀さんのことが大好きよ!~~
User avatar
bloodmoon0011
Addict
 
Posts: 75
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 7:49 am
Location: Nowhere

Re: ..........

Unread postby miszou » July 9th, 2007, 11:20 pm

chasmirror wrote:Tsukihime 2, at least from what is known so far, is set sometimes after Tsukihime. Shiki's eyes have become so sensitive that he can still see the lines even with the Mystic Eye Killer on, so he is now covered in special bandages to suppress them. Now he is a well-known figure in supernatural world as the bodyguard of the True Ancestor Princess(aka Alcueid), and so on. Anyway, that is what is rumored, but the Type-Moon's official stance on it is that it was never planned, and only the possibility of it was discussed before FSN went into production. So at this point, a PS3 remake version of FFVII is more likely to come out before Tsukihime 2.


where did you get this? other sites tell about a tsukihime 2 about the dead apostles and the brunested's some time ago. Its all pure fantasy if you ask me. Too many fanfics out there are taken for real I guess :]

maybe type-moon should just announce there next project .. if there is one xD I think they'll re-release tsukihime before making a sequel at this point, but I guess surprises come along now and then :]
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
User avatar
miszou
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 319
Joined: February 14th, 2007, 5:38 am
Location: The Netherlands

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 10th, 2007, 3:33 am

Ooooo! Do you really think they'll release a newer version? With better CG and stuff? 'Cause that'd be just awesome... I liked the soundtrack already, even if it was old midi. It was really well done. I guess we can only hope though. If they do, I REALLY hope they include a Sacchin route.
~~琥珀さんのことが大好きよ!~~
User avatar
bloodmoon0011
Addict
 
Posts: 75
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 7:49 am
Location: Nowhere

Unread postby Eriol-kun » July 10th, 2007, 8:27 am

Maybe, but not anytime soon. I hope they start working on more original content though. F/sn was a pleasant surprise so I expect a lot from Nasu.

Oh, and I believe there is a refurbished soundtrack CD out there... I don't remember the details.
User avatar
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 186
Joined: February 20th, 2007, 5:46 am

Unread postby miszou » July 10th, 2007, 11:06 am

bloodmoon0011 wrote:Ooooo! Do you really think they'll release a newer version? With better CG and stuff? 'Cause that'd be just awesome... I liked the soundtrack already, even if it was old midi. It was really well done. I guess we can only hope though. If they do, I REALLY hope they include a Sacchin route.


No I don't think. I only sauid that I think they would rather re-release it then releasing a sequel up to this point. QAnd even this is something I thinking myself without any base to defend, so don't believefollow what I say here, just sharing opinions ^^

Also, if you liked the soundtrack, you could try some of the tsukihime inspired doujinshi music cd's. I've 7th moon from little wing and its pretty nice if you like the tsukihime OST. The cover art (from tsukihime) drew me to it, but the music is really great on it ^^.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
User avatar
miszou
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 319
Joined: February 14th, 2007, 5:38 am
Location: The Netherlands

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 11th, 2007, 8:05 am

I guess you could say that the art drew me into the game too, lol. (It IS an H-game ^_^) But yeah, I stayed for the story and music. Who was it who did the music again? Was he involved in anything else too?
~~琥珀さんのことが大好きよ!~~
User avatar
bloodmoon0011
Addict
 
Posts: 75
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 7:49 am
Location: Nowhere

Re: ..........

Unread postby northernme » July 11th, 2007, 8:54 am

chasmirror wrote:
Impractic_Shiki wrote:Isn't Tsukihime 2 supposed to be the lost Sacchin route? >_> I thought that's what its all about...


Actually, no. lol. Sacchin route was supposed to be in Tsukihime, but they couldn't make the deadline, so they just decided to cut it. The legend(?) is, the actual written scenario is still sleeping in a drawer somewhere in Type-Moon's office.

Tsukihime 2, at least from what is known so far, is set sometimes after Tsukihime. Shiki's eyes have become so sensitive that he can still see the lines even with the Mystic Eye Killer on, so he is now covered in special bandages to suppress them. Now he is a well-known figure in supernatural world as the bodyguard of the True Ancestor Princess(aka Alcueid), and so on. Anyway, that is what is rumored, but the Type-Moon's official stance on it is that it was never planned, and only the possibility of it was discussed before FSN went into production. So at this point, a PS3 remake version of FFVII is more likely to come out before Tsukihime 2.


This Tsukihime 2 is a doujin, I've seen some of the first pages. So it's not the sequel everyone's talking about. From what I hear, the "real" Tsukihime 2 is simply what the fans are calling a possible sequel. It is believed that a sequel might exist because Nasu has written several short stories about Tsukihime characters (at least Shiki and Ciel) battling the 27 ancestors. Some are translated at BL, but I'm not too familiar with them.

And as for the Sacchin route, I'm pretty sure they cut it because it didn't fit in with the rest of the game, not due to time. This is also the feeling I get from Geccha 2 from the Plus+Disc, which explores the Sacchin route. Of course, with my limited Japanese, it's hard to know for sure, but it seems the route never went beyond concept art and storyboarding.
northernme
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: March 15th, 2007, 11:27 am

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 12th, 2007, 1:59 am

Awww, that's a shame. Well, I'm pretty much happy with whatever Type-Moon puts out now.
~~琥珀さんのことが大好きよ!~~
User avatar
bloodmoon0011
Addict
 
Posts: 75
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 7:49 am
Location: Nowhere

Unread postby ghost99 » July 16th, 2007, 10:03 pm

What new projects does type moon plan to put out in the future? We haven't seen any new games for a while.
ghost99
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 12
Joined: June 28th, 2005, 9:53 pm

Unread postby Eriol-kun » July 19th, 2007, 3:53 am

Latest thing I've seen is Fate/Zero. But according to The Moonlit World, they're also working on something else: DDD.

Read more here.
User avatar
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 186
Joined: February 20th, 2007, 5:46 am

Re: ..........

Unread postby Hyperbeast » July 19th, 2007, 8:11 am

northernme wrote:This Tsukihime 2 is a doujin, I've seen some of the first pages. So it's not the sequel everyone's talking about. From what I hear, the "real" Tsukihime 2 is simply what the fans are calling a possible sequel. It is believed that a sequel might exist because Nasu has written several short stories about Tsukihime characters (at least Shiki and Ciel) battling the 27 ancestors. Some are translated at BL, but I'm not too familiar with them.


Actually to my knowledge that manga was only something like 4 pages long and was just CCC giving a visual representation of Satsujinki.
Most of the speculation about Tsukihime 2 is coming from the bonus material like the short story Talk, in which as mentioned Shiki's glasses no longer work, and he's gone off hunting Dead Apostles on his own while Arcueid sleeps in her castle, if I remember correctly.
User avatar
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 157
Joined: January 9th, 2006, 11:29 pm
Location: The arse end of the world, Australia.

Previous

Return to Tsukihime Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests