The finised project

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Rah-Rah » July 19th, 2004, 4:55 am

That's ok. Just keep up the good work.
Rah-Rah
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby DragonmasterX » August 30th, 2004, 5:06 am

"IIRC Tsukihime has about 3,500 pages worth of text, making it easily almost three times the size of Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion put together. "

gosh, that's terrifying. It would take me quite a while just to read 3500 pages in English.
DragonmasterX
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sssssz » August 30th, 2004, 11:26 am

If you follow walkthrough and stuff, you won't have to read all 3500 pages. And when you beat the game, you get to skip scenes you have seen already... (because earlier part of the game there are a lot of scenes repeating...)
sssssz
Totally hardly posted

Interested in helping...

Unread postby Ryuusoul » September 5th, 2004, 3:08 am

Hi, I'm interested in possibly helping translate Tsukihime...I can translate at a moderate pace (I'm not fluent, but can read decently well). I've already played through it once.
I sent the person listed as the Japanese translator an email this morning, but I just posted this here in case my email gets buried in other stuff. Thanks.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby AstCd2 » September 5th, 2004, 4:20 am

Come to #revolve on irc.irchighway.com, and work it out with us in person.
AstCd2
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby replicated » September 5th, 2004, 4:54 am

Depends how big the pages are... and the font-size, etc.

But I can tell you guys now, the story section itself (not counting the other parts of the game to translate), there's around 4mb or so of -plain text-.

The largest fanfic I read was around 1.3mb in total... And reading text is far easier than actually translating, proofreading, and God knows what else.

So yeah, to be honest, we need more translators.

Ryuusoul, please contact me either in the IRC channel or chendo at gmail dot com.
replicated
the one who Taka is jealous of

Unread postby Ryuusoul » September 5th, 2004, 6:27 pm

Just for the general public...Barring a trip to Japan, you can probably only find tsukihime via Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Since they almost never ship out of Japan, you have to use an auction agent like Akibado to help you. The game itself is very expensive...I've only seen it recently sold as part of the Tsukibako (Tsukihime + Plus Disc + Kagetsu Tohya). But Akibado is the cheapest auction agent that I know off...I spent a bit of money for it, and it is worth it, in my opinion...

http://www.akibado.com

I'm on the irc channel now (had to download mirc again and everything...haven't used it in years)
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby TheXev » September 7th, 2004, 3:13 am

Ryuusoul wrote:Just for the general public...Barring a trip to Japan, you can probably only find tsukihime via Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Since they almost never ship out of Japan, you have to use an auction agent like Akibado to help you. The game itself is very expensive...I've only seen it recently sold as part of the Tsukibako (Tsukihime + Plus Disc + Kagetsu Tohya). But Akibado is the cheapest auction agent that I know off...I spent a bit of money for it, and it is worth it, in my opinion...

I'm on the irc channel now (had to download mirc again and everything...haven't used it in years)

I recently saw Tsukibako go for about $120 on eBay. It is defiantly a hard to get game,
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Ryuusoul » September 7th, 2004, 4:10 am

TheXev wrote:
Ryuusoul wrote:Just for the general public...Barring a trip to Japan, you can probably only find tsukihime via Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Since they almost never ship out of Japan, you have to use an auction agent like Akibado to help you. The game itself is very expensive...I've only seen it recently sold as part of the Tsukibako (Tsukihime + Plus Disc + Kagetsu Tohya). But Akibado is the cheapest auction agent that I know off...I spent a bit of money for it, and it is worth it, in my opinion...

I recently saw Tsukibako go for about $120 on eBay. It is defiantly a hard to get game,

Oh god...I wish I could have spent only $120 for it...
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » September 8th, 2004, 1:24 pm

I wish I stayed awake when it was ending so I couldn't be outbid by the last second....
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Previous

Return to Tsukihime Chat