So, what to play next?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

So, what to play next?

Unread postby Kura » May 12th, 2007, 12:31 pm

I'm not quite sure of the other Type-moon games, far too many titles to go through has left me confused.

I beat Tsukihime, all the endings and eclipse (yet I'm still missing some pictures :x )

So I wonder, what to do next? Is there some sort of sequel that I've been missing out on?

How about the Plus-Discs? Anyone do a translation for it? I might order it if so...

*edited topic to be clearer! Come on people* -TheXev
Last edited by Kura on May 16th, 2007, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Requiem001 » May 12th, 2007, 2:38 pm

Actually there's a sequel called Kagetsu Tohya, and it's basically a set of 10 short stories, which Beast Lair forums have partially translated. From there is the Melty Blood series, and the as of now, unconfirmed Tsukihime 2
Requiem001
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 12th, 2007, 2:45 pm

Well, it depends on what your wallet can handle. I think KT has 5 out of 10 stories translated and they're on the shorter end I believe given what the readme file stated. So I'd suggest Melty Blood for now. But in the end it depends on what your wallet can handle.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kura » May 12th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Aaahhh!!! I noticed the horrible typo in the title :oops:

Well, I'm probably going to get Melty Blood then, assuming its translated and all.

I'll put KT on hold until its fully translated and my wallet is a bit thicker.

Thanks for the responses.
Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 12th, 2007, 5:56 pm

KT has been translated by Beast's Lair. They're not done with all the other stuff (beta testing, etc.).
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 12th, 2007, 7:29 pm

I see. Well, I was referring to the patch linked in the post by marus last.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kura » May 12th, 2007, 7:57 pm

Oh, thats good news, but its not fully completed as not to create an even more significant dent in my personal finances...:)
Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Message » May 16th, 2007, 6:03 am

Kura wrote:Aaahhh!!! I noticed the horrible typo in the title :oops:

You can edit your own post to fix it if you want.

Requiem001 wrote:From there is the Melty Blood series, and the as of now, unconfirmed Tsukihime 2

As far as I know Tsukihime 2 is 100% rumour, 0% fact. I currently judge it safe to assume that it does not exist.

Unread postby puKKa » May 16th, 2007, 8:22 am

Message wrote:
Requiem001 wrote:From there is the Melty Blood series, and the as of now, unconfirmed Tsukihime 2

As far as I know Tsukihime 2 is 100% rumour, 0% fact. I currently judge it safe to assume that it does not exist.

Indeed, I think the just idea of a Tsukihime 2 is absurd. I can't find a good reason for a sequel, except a spin-off..
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Qaenyin Angelblade » May 16th, 2007, 10:31 am

Not entirely true. Talk already gives us a lot of unanswered questions revolving around the Dead Apostles and Shiki n Co. The next game doesn't even necessarily have to have Shiki as the main character but I think there is a lot of unexplored story potential revolving around the 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors and their backgrounds and individual goals. We know virtually nothing about roughly 2/3 of them, at least.
Qaenyin Angelblade
Addict

Unread postby puKKa » May 16th, 2007, 10:40 am

Qaenyin Angelblade wrote:Not entirely true. Talk already gives us a lot of unanswered questions revolving around the Dead Apostles and Shiki n Co. The next game doesn't even necessarily have to have Shiki as the main character but I think there is a lot of unexplored story potential revolving around the 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors and their backgrounds and individual goals. We know virtually nothing about roughly 2/3 of them, at least.

Well, I connect Tsukihime to Arcueid since she is the princess of the moon. I have no problem what-so-ever using the characters namned or used in Tsukihime for a new game or novell but going Tsukihime 2 is not something I want since that, IMHO, would have to be a continuation of the story in Tsukihime.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby shadow_Hiei » May 16th, 2007, 1:53 pm

puKKa wrote:
Qaenyin Angelblade wrote:Not entirely true. Talk already gives us a lot of unanswered questions revolving around the Dead Apostles and Shiki n Co. The next game doesn't even necessarily have to have Shiki as the main character but I think there is a lot of unexplored story potential revolving around the 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors and their backgrounds and individual goals. We know virtually nothing about roughly 2/3 of them, at least.

Well, I connect Tsukihime to Arcueid since she is the princess of the moon. I have no problem what-so-ever using the characters namned or used in Tsukihime for a new game or novell but going Tsukihime 2 is not something I want since that, IMHO, would have to be a continuation of the story in Tsukihime.

Continuation of the story =/= Continuation of the problem. Not only are there more dead apostles out there, but Type Moon-verse has a lot of room for all sorts of new problems to pop up (I'd imagine that Arcueid's enemies aren't limited to just vampires and religous zealots, and the Tohno family probably has all sorts of enemies too, not to mention that the Tohno family itself probably has its share of less-than-upstanding members), and I'd be surprised if they didn't give relatively major roles to all of Tsukihime's main characters. They could expand more on "Sensei" too.
shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread postby Qaenyin Angelblade » May 16th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Well currently they could do with a lot of expanding on just about every non-love-interest in the Tsukiverse. Aoko, Dead Apostles, Satsuki, the 5 Magics, the Crimson Moon, etc etc.

We actually know less than we don't know at this point.
Qaenyin Angelblade
Addict

Unread postby Message » May 16th, 2007, 8:35 pm

Qaenyin Angelblade wrote:We actually know less than we don't know at this point.

Personally I think that is one of the main reasons why I love Tsukihime so much. Not knowing is the very point of the game's charm. I would avoid 'your' version of a Tsukihime 2 like the plague.

Unread postby Qaenyin Angelblade » May 17th, 2007, 1:41 am

Message wrote:
Qaenyin Angelblade wrote:We actually know less than we don't know at this point.

Personally I think that is one of the main reasons why I love Tsukihime so much. Not knowing is the very point of the game's charm. I would avoid 'your' version of a Tsukihime 2 like the plague.

I think you misunderstood me. My point was that there is enough unexplained content that they can expand upon things without having to worry about plot holes, adding new characters, etc. Fate/Stay Night is a good example of what I mean. They can use the same mechanics and universe, but since there isn't a huge amount of detail in exactly what CANT be done, they dont have to worry about contradicting themselves.
Qaenyin Angelblade
Addict

Unread postby potaatti » May 19th, 2007, 1:54 pm

shadow_Hiei wrote:Continuation of the story =/= Continuation of the problem. Not only are there more dead apostles out there, but Type Moon-verse has a lot of room for all sorts of new problems to pop up (I'd imagine that Arcueid's enemies aren't limited to just vampires and religous zealots, and the Tohno family probably has all sorts of enemies too, not to mention that the Tohno family itself probably has its share of less-than-upstanding members), and I'd be surprised if they didn't give relatively major roles to all of Tsukihime's main characters. They could expand more on "Sensei" too.

Btw, is the Church really Arcueid's enemy, or was it just Ciel's personal wackoing in Tsukihime? If I recall correctly, Arcueid said that she and Burial Agency don't mess with each other.

But anyway, she surely has enough enemies to make a new game, that's not going to be a problem. Though once she has recovered, most people would get pretty badly owned by Arc, which is going to be a problem (story-wise) as it makes Shiki less important..
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Qaenyin Angelblade » May 20th, 2007, 3:45 am

It's really more of a "We don't want to screw with her because she'll kill us all" sort of thing. They dont mess with her because she doesnt mess with them and is too strong for them to directly deal with, so they kind of tolerate her. Much like the "cold war" between the church and the mage's association.
Qaenyin Angelblade
Addict

Unread postby shadow_Hiei » May 20th, 2007, 8:39 am

I thought that the church viewed ancestor vampires as enemies because of the vampiric impulse, even if the individual didn't really mind humans? They're bound to try to go after her eventually. IRRC, she thought that Shiki was from the church at first, too.

And they could cripple Arcueid again, either by giving her an enemy that she's not really effective against for whatever reason (maybe an enemy that's working from a different plane or an enemy that can kill nature), or some kind of new holy weapon, or something of the sort.
shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread postby Message » May 20th, 2007, 12:33 pm

shadow_Hiei wrote:IIRC, she thought that Shiki was from the church at first, too.

If you mean the remark she makes after she's drafted Shiki for protection, I think that was just her smelling Ciel on him.

Unread postby potaatti » May 20th, 2007, 12:48 pm

Hmm.. how a fight between Burial Agency and Arcueid would probably end, if Arcueid isn't in weakened state? :?

And doesn't the Curch have some Knights in addition to Burial Agency, in Melty Blood it was mentioned that the Church sent some Knight to fight Tatari last time? I wonder if they could do a zerg rush. :P

Btw, what attitude the Mage's Association has towards true ancestors? IIRC Arcueid was worried about Aoko being in the town..
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat