So, what to play next?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby shadow_Hiei » May 20th, 2007, 2:12 pm

Message wrote:
shadow_Hiei wrote:IIRC, she thought that Shiki was from the church at first, too.

If you mean the remark she makes after she's drafted Shiki for protection, I think that was just her smelling Ciel on him.

That's not the impression I got. Since when does Arcueid have a strong sense of smell or a supernatural way of sensing who somebody's been around? And its not like he said, did, or had anything that would suggest it in the Arcueid route. I think it was more along the lines of...

"Who else with a motive to hunt me down would be able to kill me that completely? They'd have to be using some kind of holy artifact."

Aside from that, it just makes sense that the church would view Arcueid as an enemy, given what she is and what she could become.

potaatti wrote:Btw, what attitude the Mage's Association has towards true ancestors? IIRC Arcueid was worried about Aoko being in the town..

Why would the Mages Association have a problem with True Ancestors that more or less leave them alone? Aren't they more about magical research and stuff than picking unnecessary fights? (the only thing that I really know about maguses are what I've seen in Tsukihime, what I've seen in the F/SN anime, what I've read about F/SN spoilers before I knew that it was being translated, and what I've picked up from forum conversation)
shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread postby marus » May 20th, 2007, 5:06 pm

potaatti wrote:Btw, what attitude the Mage's Association has towards true ancestors? IIRC Arcueid was worried about Aoko being in the town..

I think Arc's just worried about Aoko because she likes to blow stuff up.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby potaatti » May 20th, 2007, 6:13 pm

marus wrote:I think Arc's just worried about Aoko because she likes to blow stuff up.

But why that is a problem, assuming that Arc isn't amongst the stuff Aoko likes to blow up? I mean, (if Aoko would have been in town) she could have went to her and say "Howdy! Im having some problems with couple Dead Apostles, and I thought about asking if you'd like to help in blowing them up." or something. :P

Btw, is Aoko good at it?
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Xavier » May 20th, 2007, 7:47 pm

If you are interested in some AWESOME storyline then buy Planescape: Torment. It's not a visual novel though. =p
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » May 20th, 2007, 8:45 pm

potaatti wrote:
marus wrote:I think Arc's just worried about Aoko because she likes to blow stuff up.

Btw, is Aoko good at it?

I dunno... She seems like the kind to be rather accident-prone, if you ask me. :P

shadow_Hiei wrote:That's not the impression I got. Since when does Arcueid have a strong sense of smell or a supernatural way of sensing who somebody's been around? And its not like he said, did, or had anything that would suggest it in the Arcueid route. I think it was more along the lines of...
"Who else with a motive to hunt me down would be able to kill me that completely? They'd have to be using some kind of holy artifact."

That's possible, but I don't think she'd ask about him being a Christian in that case, that is too general. Arcueid is very direct (especially at this early stage in her social rehabilitation), so she would simply ask him if he was an Exorcist directly, or start talking about things related to The Church. When I read the scene:
Code: Select all
`"|| Hmmm?"@
` As we walk out of the back alley, she--Arcueid--knits her eyebrows and gives me a suspicious look.@
`"Hey, Shiki.@ Are you a Christian, by any chance?"@
br
` || I have no idea what she's talking about.@
`"Chris-chan|?@ What's with that question, all of a sudden?@ I don't know any girl who's got a name like that."\

`"I see.@ Then I must have misunderstood."@
` After seeming to have made a decision, she turns towards the office district.@
`"Okay, let's go.@ We've got to find a safe place for now."@

I'm getting the impression she noticed something odd about him. Like the smell of The Church, or something similar. So she asks him if he is a Christian, since a Christian would go to church and thus might pick up that something she noticed on him. The explanation would then of course be his recent closeness to Ciel.

Unread postby shadow_Hiei » May 21st, 2007, 12:52 am

That one was because of the ring that Ciel left him. I was referring to different talk (I think that it was in the alley, but I don't feel like setting the non-unicode language to Japanese right now to check), where she said that he had to be used to that sort of thing by then.

She didn't say that he was from the church, but who else would be used to people that they killed coming after them the next day? And again, who else would normally have weapons that are capable of killing her that completely?

Well I guess that there's transcendal-being hunting clans like the Nanayas, but I was just under the impression from the beginning that Arcueid thought that Shiki was from the church at first.
shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread postby Flamby » May 21st, 2007, 3:31 pm

To come to the main topic there are somes Visual Novels or VisualNovel-Like games others than type-moon that has been translated into English, but there is also fate. In the ithers i can remember Dividead,Eve Burst Error, Adam, Bblack, Chain the lost foot prints etc...
Flamby
Might just like this board

Unread postby Xavier » May 21st, 2007, 11:07 pm

Xavier wrote:If you are interested in some AWESOME storyline then buy Planescape: Torment. It's not a visual novel though. =p

Expanding on that, I suggest Half life 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and System Shock 2. They are all FPS but they have GREAT atmosphere. You know, just like how visual novels have great amosphere...I guess. :D
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » May 22nd, 2007, 4:46 am

Flamby wrote:In the ithers i can remember Dividead,Eve Burst Error, Adam, Bblack, Chain the lost foot prints etc...

Divi-Dead and EVE I can agree with. Adam perhaps, although the remake EVE The Fatal Attraction is leagues better... But Chain was awful and afaik Bible Black is disgusting. I would heartily recommend Phantom of Inferno, though.

Unread postby Flamby » May 22nd, 2007, 7:23 am

Message wrote:
Flamby wrote:In the ithers i can remember Dividead,Eve Burst Error, Adam, Bblack, Chain the lost foot prints etc...

Divi-Dead and EVE I can agree with. Adam perhaps, although the remake EVE The Fatal Attraction is leagues better... But Chain was awful and afaik Bible Black is disgusting. I would heartily recommend Phantom of Inferno, though.

Yeah maybe, i haven't played Adam nor Chain for now, and i have stop to play bblack, no history and too hardcore for me lol, but i remember others C's Ware Games, which in my mind made goods games, and which i haven't played yet :Gloria, Desire, Fatal Relation, Love Potion and maybe others, and all in english, which seem pretty good.
Flamby
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mkilbride » May 22nd, 2007, 10:10 am

BIble Black? Hah. I played that, because of all the hype, another good hentai visual novel, I was hoping I would be pulled in like Tsukihime and started playing ` It didn't take long to notice that this was just sex, sex, sex, and unattractive charecters drawn, hoping that people like large breasts, even if they look kinda warped. I was sad, the book, the summoning, it started off with an eary as hell atmosphere and I was playing at Midnight, all lights off, so it had an effect, but then, it just turned into rape or pregnancy here and such...it's a horrible visual novel in my opinion, more of a "You'll either rape or get raped, no matter what choice you make" Kinda one.

Hell, even the "Good, TRUE ending" for it, has you raping one of your teachers who helps you out alot...I mean, really.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xavier » May 22nd, 2007, 10:17 am

Mkilbride wrote:BIble Black? Hah. I played that, because of all the hype, another good hentai visual novel, I was hoping I would be pulled in like Tsukihime and started playing ` It didn't take long to notice that this was just sex, sex, sex, and unattractive charecters drawn, hoping that people like large breasts, even if they look kinda warped. I was sad, the book, the summoning, it started off with an eary as hell atmosphere and I was playing at Midnight, all lights off, so it had an effect, but then, it just turned into rape or pregnancy here and such...it's a horrible visual novel in my opinion, more of a "You'll either rape or get raped, no matter what choice you make" Kinda one.

Hell, even the "Good, TRUE ending" for it, has you raping one of your teachers who helps you out alot...I mean, really.

You didn't expect that? Have you seen the anime version of it? =p
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » May 22nd, 2007, 6:19 pm

No, I never bothered with it, most anime's based off Visual Novel's suck, I just went straight to the visual nvoel, and I am severlly disappointed, and people say the game focus's more on the story then the anime, so damn.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xavier » May 22nd, 2007, 7:29 pm

Mkilbride wrote:No, I never bothered with it, most anime's based off Visual Novel's suck, I just went straight to the visual nvoel, and I am severlly disappointed, and people say the game focus's more on the story then the anime, so damn.

That's the problem. If you saw the anime, then you'll know that you have to stay away from Bible Black. The only good thing about it is the sex scenes.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » May 22nd, 2007, 9:32 pm

Hell, even the sex-scenes are horrible, I like Tsukihime and Fate / Stay Night's style, much more deep, you know, I dun like "wtf random fuck" kinda Bible black style thing.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xavier » May 22nd, 2007, 9:42 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Hell, even the sex-scenes are horrible, I like Tsukihime and Fate / Stay Night's style, much more deep, you know, I dun like "wtf random fuck" kinda Bible black style thing.

Lol "Suprise butt secks!!!!"
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » May 23rd, 2007, 1:27 pm

Yes

"I am going to take you under my control! whoo, let's have a friggin Orgy and for some reason, we all now have Orgies all night and day...whoot....ok..."
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atvaark » May 24th, 2007, 11:24 am

you know, i didn't like tsukihime's sex scenes at all...damn. roa induced stiffy.gotta bonk it, or he's gonna take control over you. right.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » May 24th, 2007, 9:23 pm

Well, if you looked at it from a religious stand point, it might make sense, about needing release.

Plus, it isn't healthy for you to have one for a LONG LONG LONG time...perhaps Ciel was just making an excuse too, ya know'. She wanted a piece of her Shiki :P lol
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Qaenyin Angelblade » May 25th, 2007, 11:09 am

Baldur's gate 1, 2, and 2's expansion are also extremely good, and have romance options as well between 3 different characters(plus fanmade mods as well) for males, and another romance for females. The diversity your character can take is extremely large, and there are so many possibly party members that I havent even used all of them yet and they all have their own backstories and sidequests to go on as well. BG2 and it's expansion are almost completely full voiceacted as well.
Qaenyin Angelblade
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat