True Ending or Good Ending [Spoilers]

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby puKKa » May 9th, 2007, 7:56 am

Message wrote:Actually that description chart isn't at all accurate, it is probably meant as a joke more than anything else. I thought Kohaku's end was very depressing, and Ciel Good had me falling off my chair because I was laughing so hard. Hisui Good was awesome and left me smiling a broad smile. The only end that I really found saddening was Arcueid True, even though I had already seen the anime.

Did you forget the Akiha endings when you said that only Arcs True was sad? -_-

I pretty much liked all endings so far, only got ciel to go but I'm not too motivated..
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Message » May 9th, 2007, 10:26 am

puKKa wrote:Did you forget the Akiha endings when you said that only Arcs True was sad? -_-

Actually, no, I didn't. Akiha Good didn't touch me very much somehow, and Akiha True was a great ending but I really wouldn't call it sad.

Unread postby potaatti » May 9th, 2007, 1:01 pm

shadow_Hiei wrote:*gets Arc's good ending*

Yeah, I can't completely agree with that chart, just based off of that. Arc's good ending made perfect sense, and it was definitely more satisfying.

Yeah, I agree. :)

And Ciel's good ending was indeed pretty hilarious. :D
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » May 10th, 2007, 2:10 am

I completely agree with that chart except for the Ciel True one, in which I was simply trying to figure out what the hell was going on.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 10th, 2007, 4:42 am

I agree with the chart (not sure about the Kohaku yet) except for the Arcueid and Ciel ones.

I didn't really like the True Arc ending. Whereas, I felt the Arc Good was the one best for me.

Let me say this: I didn't like Ciel myself. The entire school persona was like a bad harem dream to me. With the true route, however, I really liked her. I felt they worked. However, I preferred the good ending since it was another Arc ending. :3 Plus Ciel was so amusingly helpless.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby potaatti » May 10th, 2007, 8:12 am

Btw, I wonder why Shiki didn't play the "let's just be friends" -card on Ciel's true ending before he did what he did.. :D

And now that I think of it, why Arcueid didn't disarm Shiki.. :?
Last edited by potaatti on May 10th, 2007, 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby shadow_Hiei » May 10th, 2007, 10:02 am

*gets both of Hisui's endings*

That makes it two for two so far.

True ending = depressing and unsatisfying, leaves you feeling like crap

(especially Hisui's... that probably would have killed the mood for the next hour if I didn't immediately go back in and get the good ending)

Good ending = leaves you feeling upbeat, feels like a more complete ending

Edit:

Also, potaatti, not everybody here has gotten all of the endings. Mark your spoilers. I don't want to be spoiled about anything with this game, especially not the endings.
shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread postby potaatti » May 10th, 2007, 11:43 am

Sorry, forgot that about spoilers. Now it shouldn't spoil anything..
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kura » May 13th, 2007, 11:42 am

I'm a fan of happy endings, depressing endings put me into a funk...

Hisui's true ending and to a certain extent her good one were horrible depressing and made me feel like crap, so I was motivated to keep playing till I got a good ending, and the endings that really did that for me were Ciel Good and the Kohaku endings. The Arcueid endings didn't do much for me but the Akiha ones were touching...
Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Shikiller » May 14th, 2007, 1:00 am

Hisui's true and good endings are my 2nd favorite endings i think of them as the same one,they are well written and let you with some hope.
The Akiha's death scene in the true end is the most sad part in the game T_T.The akiha's normal sucks i did not like at all,is a bad end made an ending,i prefer the bad end in wich you kill akiha,i wanna respect the promise to akiha and the "they are some worst thing than death"
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Yeah, well...

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 5th, 2007, 8:25 am

My favorite character is Kohaku in the game. Probably 'cause I played Melty Blood before even touching Tsukihime, and I always like the hyper girl fighters, lol.
Looking back on it, her ending was good, but it kind of made me angry. After all the things that happened to her, the best I get is a glimpse of her smiling IN A DREAM? Come on, now. It couldn't have been that hard to at least see it in real life. I do realize the symbolism in the ending, but it's a bit annoying. After all that, I would've easily settled for a cheese-out ending. Just for the love of God a HAPPY ending that is actually happy. But maybe I'm just bitter, lol.
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Unread postby potaatti » July 5th, 2007, 5:14 pm

Err.. wasn't Kohaku's ending real, not just a dream?
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sobzob » July 5th, 2007, 5:47 pm

potaatti wrote:Err.. wasn't Kohaku's ending real, not just a dream?

It was real.
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Grimkill7 » July 5th, 2007, 7:39 pm

Kohaku's ending is my favorite. After all that she has been through seeing that gigantic smile on her face was really heart - warming :cry:

Ciel's Good Ending is a close 2nd.
Nothing like a good harem comedy moment to end the route :lol:

Hisui's True Ending was my least favorite\most hated BY FAR.
When I learned what Kohaku did to Akiha (my favorite) I was pissed!!! :evil: I wanted her to suffer for what she did to my little Akiha. But when she whipped out that knife I started to get mixed feelings. In the end I was sad to lose both my favorite and 2nd favorite characters.

The whole route left me feeling emo :(

Akiha's endings were crap compared to everyone else's so that left me feeling a little annoyed :x
Grimkill7
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby miszou » July 6th, 2007, 5:15 pm

I cried at all true endings ^^;;

Arcueids true ending left me the most empty, even after seeing the anime, not just because it was sad, but also the fact it was over and she was gone, like everything was gone. Instead of feeling sympathy for either the girl or the main character I felt sad for my self there. The other characters just made me feel sad for them.

So Arcueids true was the best ending for me, although the other true endings were also pretty good for me :]
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkEyes » July 21st, 2007, 11:49 am

I'm a little late getting here, but still =)
Anyway I liked Ciel's true ending the most... Because well...
The whole act and the trying to kill Shiki because Roa's trying to take over him is cool XD Seriously... Besides... She didn't kill him or anything... She wasn't trying to kill Shiki at all, it was Roa she was aiming for... Anyway all that happened to Shiki is - he got a few broken bones - big deal XD
Also on my part I can totally understand Ciel... C'mon, u guys know the deal - she killed her own family and her whole town because of Roa... And then she was being killed over and over for a whole day, every day for like a month because of Roa... I mean can u imagine the hatred u would feel for the guy that made that stuff happen to u... Stuff like that can't even be called a living hell anymore 'cause u can't even die... In my book that's real hell... I think that's why she wanted to die so bad - to escape that hell...
Putting that aside, like I said, Ciel did not kill Shiki so it's all good and it makes the story more interesting... And the whole fight againts Arcueid was really cool... One of my favorites =) The whole epilogue wasn't bad either... A little complicated at first, but cool... And the best part is - in the end Shiki was in alittle trouble... It's such a shame we didn't get to see what excuse he used XD
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Devi » July 23rd, 2007, 8:12 am

Hm It's hard to say which one was better... well I actually I didn't really like any of the true andings beacue they could be called as bad ones :D so though my favourite character was Akiha... I though that her both endings were really really crappy... but Arcueids good ending wasn't bad and I think I liked it the most
because it was really heartwarming to see her sitting at the same place and the thing that she could do atlast what a normal girl could was really nice.. ugh I was kind of happy :D

oh I've also liked Kohaku's ending
but just I wanted to see more so I was kind of disapointed to see her only standing in that field.. just wasn't satisfied
Devi
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TsukiBaka » July 26th, 2007, 8:17 pm

I really liked Arcueid's true ending, even though... *sob* I just finished her two endings the other night, and it was my first play-through of Tsukihime, or any Graphic Novel for that matter. I really enjoyed the story, so much so that I've started to work on a second play-through to unlock another storyline. (Which is unlike me, but I just can't tear myself away from the beautiful story). I'm hoping Fate/Stay Night is just as good, if not better, I plan on playing that after I completely finish Tsukihime.
Is Plus+Disk or anything in Tsukibako of the same or better quality? I'd really like to delve deeper into the story, but unfortunately they seem to be hard to locate.
TsukiBaka
Totally hardly posted

so accruied's true ending

Unread postby north » July 26th, 2007, 8:28 pm

so Acruied just goes back to sleep in her true ending and will forget about Shiki? And that is it????
north
Totally hardly posted

Re: so accruied's true ending

Unread postby miszou » July 27th, 2007, 2:12 am

north wrote:
so Acruied just goes back to sleep in her true ending and will forget about Shiki? And that is it????

kinda yeah :3 its what makes it sad doesn't it.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat