Aoko Aozaki

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Kanzar » March 11th, 2008, 2:37 am

Yeah, only Melty Blood and Melty Blood ReACT have story mode, if memory serves me correctly.

The premise of the story is that there are vampire killings happening again, and that there are many victims. The thing is, the 'vampire' 'causing' these incidences is actually a phenomenon, and relies on the power of rumours to come into being. As the city involved has been victim to vampire attacks before, it wasn't hard to induce people to start the rumours again, and the combined belief of the people and the power of the phenomenon caused various manifestations of it, many of which were incomplete manifestations. Anyway, the incidences of 'vampire attacks' were "100% rumour, 0% fact."
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby deathknight » March 12th, 2008, 12:28 am

Blue Gunner wrote:
There are only three true magicians remaining. Aoko controls the Fifth, the Fourth is unattained, the Third was emulated by Ilya and used by Justicia in the Grail System, the Second is Zelretch's Jewel magic and the user of the First apparently died, yet his/her magic is still in existance.

Her magic is the Blue Magic, and it's effects are unknown. Many people assume it to be a magic of ultimate destruction, but in truth it is only that Aoko herself is insanely good at destruction sorceries, such as firing lasers from her arms and torso and using her legs as rocket boosters. She is referred to as Blue because her first name literally means "child of blue" and her last name sounds like (the characters have different meanings) Blue Cape (the land formation).

Mahoutsukai No Yoru, subtitled The Night of the Holy Witch, was a story about Aoko as a high school student and detailed her friendship with a student named Alice Kuonji, as well as a bit of background to the feud between Tohko and herself. There is an online version, but it is reputed to be a fake. There was also photos released by Nasu (on his blog, I think) of the cover and a two page spread from the manuscript, but I forget what it said. There was a discussion between Aoko and Alice about her sister, and then the scene shifted to Tohko and a guy whose name I forget, and Tohko remarks that Aoko makes everything that is Tohko's her own. I can look for it if people want me to.

She has the second largest bust size (88), equal with Arcueid, both of whom lose to Hanei Misawa (90), one of the slimmest waist sizes (56) and the fourth largest hips (84), losing to Inui Ichiko and Arcueid (85), Hanei Misawa (87) and Ciel and Jinan Tokie (88).

Pretty much a summary of information that can be found on the websites.

I found this site with chapters of the book Mahoutsukai No Yoru. It looks like the online version but my Japanese is not at the level to understand it. Check it out.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Bookend-Hemi ... title.html
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Kansho » March 12th, 2008, 12:52 am

Is doujin. That's not the true novel.

The true isn't even realeased. Only have two or three copies.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby deathknight » March 12th, 2008, 12:57 am

Damn. I really want to read this book. You think Nasu could spare a copy at the next Anime Expo in Tokyo?
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Blue Gunner » March 12th, 2008, 8:49 am

Ahaha, nice try. Mahoutsukai no Yoru was something written a long time ago, and written only for his close friends. I doubt any of the fanbase will ever learn the true story of Alice Kuonji and Aoko.
Improve your vocab and feed people in need: http://www.freerice.com
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 12th, 2008, 7:05 pm

Blue Gunner wrote:Ahaha, nice try. Mahoutsukai no Yoru was something written a long time ago, and written only for his close friends. I doubt any of the fanbase will ever learn the true story of Alice Kuonji and Aoko.

ahahah...Who is Alice kuonji?
when I search for that name in wiki the name Shizuka Ito pops up every time.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Blue Gunner » March 13th, 2008, 7:00 am

Alice Kuonji is Aoko's friend from high school, a witch (not sorceror or mage, her powers are something different) cursed with her powers. I'd have to dig out my character material to find more info about her, but I will if there's enough demand.
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby deathknight » March 14th, 2008, 2:02 am

Alice Kuonji is Aoko's friend from high school, a witch (not sorceror or mage, her powers are something different) cursed with her powers. I'd have to dig out my character material to find more info about her, but I will if there's enough demand.

Yes please do. Aoko Aozaki happens to be one of my fav characters in Tsukihime. They really should develop the character more besides in MB.
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Blue Gunner » April 2nd, 2008, 12:03 pm

OK, uni quietened down, and I finally found my Character Material. This is what it says about Aoko, but I don't think it's as much as some people may have been expecting...

Aozaki Aoko
Introduction

A currently living Magician.

Aloof and clumsy, yet free spirited, somehow managing to come together in this 16 year old girl.
She takes her life as a mage simply, while loving her life as a respectable, strong young woman.
By day she is a boarding schooler, a genius who doesn't seem to realise things that are perfectly natural.
She's only just begun learning sorcery, and so her abilities are way below par.
By night, she's growing up at her own pace under the guidance of her friend and accomplice, Alice Kuonji.
At 16, entrusted with the pulse of the city's spirit, she begins to confront the foreign invaders showing up every now and then.
She's busy every day, but she seems to be enjoying herself with no complaints.
It could be a perfectly natural reason, or something like it.
She isn't afraid at all of her grandfather, who is labelled a monster, and only thinks of the great mage who called up Magic as "a terrible old man who's lived for a long time through questionable means".
Until a certain time, her style was based purely on sorcery, but after a new boarder stumbled in, she got in a number of fights, and from there on she changed to a more close-combat style of sorcery.

I'll post the rest of it later. It's late ^^;
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby deathknight » May 22nd, 2008, 11:56 pm

deathknight
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 23rd, 2008, 12:20 am

MY GOD!!!
IT IS LREADY OUT?
I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE IT IN MY HANDS...
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby abscess » May 23rd, 2008, 10:24 pm

It's already out? wasn't it coming until 2009??
Is MM going to translate it?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Kansho » May 23rd, 2008, 11:30 pm

No, isn't already out. 2009 as release date. 2008-04-21 was the date of the Tech Gian Magazine and the TYPE-MOON Ace with the info...
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby SeruraRenge » May 24th, 2008, 4:50 am

One thing I don't get...

If Aoko possesses True Magic, why isn't the Magus Association watching over her like a hawk, or tried to manipulate and control her? I would think that a user of True Magic, especially considering the level of destruction Aoko is capable of, would be seen as a greater potential threat than even a person with a Reality Marble. Even Medea, who comes from a time when Magecraft was far more powerful than it is in today's world, isn't technically on the same level as True Magic. If the 3 (possibly 4, since no one knows the status or even the name of the Fourth Magic user) remaining Magicians teamed up decided to abuse their power, would anyone be able to stop them?
SeruraRenge
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby chasmirror » May 24th, 2008, 6:03 am

SeruraRenge wrote:One thing I don't get...

If Aoko possesses True Magic, why isn't the Magus Association watching over her like a hawk, or tried to manipulate and control her? I would think that a user of True Magic, especially considering the level of destruction Aoko is capable of, would be seen as a greater potential threat than even a person with a Reality Marble. Even Medea, who comes from a time when Magecraft was far more powerful than it is in today's world, isn't technically on the same level as True Magic. If the 3 (possibly 4, since no one knows the status or even the name of the Fourth Magic user) remaining Magicians teamed up decided to abuse their power, would anyone be able to stop them?

First of all, there is the Fourth Magic User. There were 5 alive, but since the First Magic User died, now there are 4 left. Two of them went into seclusion, but the other two(Zelretch and Aoko) often appear and cause trouble.

They are not NOT watching them like a hawk. It is more like they CANNOT watch them like a hawk. In case of Zelretch especially, since the old man tends to go off to other parallel worlds, an ability that only he possesses. On top of that, the True Magic users are extremly powerful. Zelretch is an oddball who destroyed the Crimson Moon, who was the most powerful being on Earth when alive, just because he "didn't like the guy." I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mess with that guy. :shock:

Aside from the two living in seclusion(and the Magus Association seems to have no idea where they are), and Zelretch who keeps going away to another world, the only one they have some idea of location is Aoko. However, even without her True Magic(which we don't know much about other than the fact that it is also called Blue Magic), she is a very powerful mage. She is not really good at normal magics, but she is called to be at the level of unheard-of-before when it comes to destruction. In other words, it wouldn't be so simple to just restrain her, much less control her, without wreaking a havoc of un-precedented scale. Considering that it still might not be enough to catch her after all the trouble, any attempt to get ahold of her would be futile, if not pointless.
chasmirror
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Inverted » May 24th, 2008, 7:23 am

chasmirror wrote: Zelretch is an oddball who destroyed the Crimson Moon, who was the most powerful being on Earth when alive, just because he "didn't like the guy." I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mess with that guy. :shock:

Wasn't that a surprise attack ? Crimson Moon lost because he/she/it was taken by surprise wasn't he . He even had time to turn Zelretch into DA before dieing .Still Zelretch took out a TYPE . So no should mess with a true magic user and especially not Aoko and her talent for destruction.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Undream » May 24th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Inverted wrote:
chasmirror wrote: Zelretch is an oddball who destroyed the Crimson Moon, who was the most powerful being on Earth when alive, just because he "didn't like the guy." I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mess with that guy. :shock:

Wasn't that a surprise attack ? Crimson Moon lost because he/she/it was taken by surprise wasn't he . He even had time to turn Zelretch into DA before dieing .Still Zelretch took out a TYPE . So no should mess with a true magic user and especially not Aoko and her talent for destruction.

If my memory serves, wasnt it said that Crimson Moon lost because he didnt know about the existence of magic or something like that?
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby SeruraRenge » May 25th, 2008, 8:35 am

chasmirror wrote:In other words, it wouldn't be so simple to just restrain her, much less control her, without wreaking a havoc of un-precedented scale. Considering that it still might not be enough to catch her after all the trouble, any attempt to get ahold of her would be futile, if not pointless.

but it goes against all rules of fictional material! If the group's title possesses any of the following words, the top brass always have titanic-level hubris: committee, association, order, organization, empire, etc. I'm just saying that, 99% of the time, hubris makes the group think they can pull it off (usually right before the person they tried to control destroys them in a fit of rage).

In any case, it doesn't seem like it would be so hard to at least keep an eye on her, just in case. I mean, if all the best ppl in their society jumped her at once, they might win. They must have SOME kind of worst-case-scenario plan put into place, in the event that they actually have to do something about one of them. I mean, what if one of them grew powerful enough that it was warping reality on the planet? Wouldn't they HAVE to try and do something then? Though honestly, they'd probably just find one of the other 4 and ask them to do it.
SeruraRenge
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby chasmirror » May 25th, 2008, 9:46 pm

SeruraRenge wrote:
chasmirror wrote:In other words, it wouldn't be so simple to just restrain her, much less control her, without wreaking a havoc of un-precedented scale. Considering that it still might not be enough to catch her after all the trouble, any attempt to get ahold of her would be futile, if not pointless.

but it goes against all rules of fictional material! If the group's title possesses any of the following words, the top brass always have titanic-level hubris: committee, association, order, organization, empire, etc. I'm just saying that, 99% of the time, hubris makes the group think they can pull it off (usually right before the person they tried to control destroys them in a fit of rage).

In any case, it doesn't seem like it would be so hard to at least keep an eye on her, just in case. I mean, if all the best ppl in their society jumped her at once, they might win. They must have SOME kind of worst-case-scenario plan put into place, in the event that they actually have to do something about one of them. I mean, what if one of them grew powerful enough that it was warping reality on the planet? Wouldn't they HAVE to try and do something then? Though honestly, they'd probably just find one of the other 4 and ask them to do it.

Well, you are forgetting one thing. Those 4 True Magic Users, they ARE the top dogs among the magi community. Their True Magic gives them unimaginable power AND prestige that they can practically shut up anyone who'd raise a voice against them. Zelretch especially have been known to dangle an opportunity to learn his True Magic in front of other magicians to get his way(incidentally, the most of them who had tried to learn his magic ended up dead or invalid, both physically and mentally...), and it is a temptation even the top brasses in the London Tower cannot resist.

It is not that they literally do not have the ability, but it just isn't worth it. Sure, they can gang up on one of them to restrain him or her, but at what cost? Other than the casualties sure to happen, any attempt to catch them would dangerously increase the possibility of having the magic exposed to general public. The Magus Association itself is very eager to avoid this, not to mention the Church, which is the largest human organization in Nasuverse. If the Magus Association fails at hiding magic, then the Church, who is only at a temporary truce with them, wouldn't hesitate twice to begin expunging all the "heretics" off the face of the earth. Also, what if the True Magic User dies or gets injured to a certain extent that he or she loses the True Magic? That would be an incredible loss that the Magus Association would try its hardest to avoid.

Don't forget. The Magus Association is not a group of power-hungry warmongers. They are scholars, albeit many of them are a bit dangerous and insane to a degree. Their priority is to reach the Origin of All Things by magic and all means, and for that purpose, they wouldn't think twice about sacrificing a whole city or a nation. They just wouldn't do so unless it absolutely fits their ultimate goal of connecting to the Origin of All Things. They are not there to regulate the magic use, like the ones in Negima universe. They are there to make sure nothing would hinder their study of magic, which includes having the magic exposed to regular people. But that is only because the magic gets more insignificant as its mystery is more widely known.

In summary, the Magus Association doesn't really care about the safety of public, or even the safety of the planet. I am not saying they are out to destroy the world, but it just isn't top of their priority. Almost everything sits below their ultimate goal, and the True Magic Users are closer to it than anyone else. That is why the True Magic Users gets almost non-restricted freedom, not to mention they are also capable to ensure it on their own.
chasmirror
Crack Addic!

Unread postby SeruraRenge » May 26th, 2008, 6:04 am

chasmirror wrote:Don't forget. The Magus Association is not a group of power-hungry warmongers. They are scholars, albeit many of them are a bit dangerous and insane to a degree. Their priority is to reach the Origin of All Things by magic and all means, and for that purpose, they wouldn't think twice about sacrificing a whole city or a nation. They just wouldn't do so unless it absolutely fits their ultimate goal of connecting to the Origin of All Things. They are not there to regulate the magic use, like the ones in Negima universe. They are there to make sure nothing would hinder their study of magic, which includes having the magic exposed to regular people.

if that's the case, why didn't they just wipe out the non-magic users centuries ago before modern warfare could make that difficult? If only magi were left, they wouldn't have to worry about how openly they used and studied magic.

It doesn't seem too unreasonable when you think about it. Faustus sold his own soul for knowledge. Why wouldn't the Magus Association sacrifice the "normal" people of the world in order to turn it into a mage-focused planet? Surely their goals would be accomplished faster this way. From a purely logical standpoint, it would only make sense to do whatever it takes to have your goal be accomplished more quickly.
SeruraRenge
Posting more than n00bs

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat