Question from a wannabe

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Question from a wannabe

Unread postby dwroxas » November 7th, 2012, 12:26 am

Hey, I've been trying to use the Sazanami Gothic font from your translation of Tsukihime, and I was wondering what the size of the font was. Because, whenever I use it the proportions look kind of weird. Well, that's it thanks.
In the game that is life the last hand we are dealt is Death, but it is up to the individual to make something out of what appears to be nothing...
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Re: Question from a wannabe

Unread postby Message » November 7th, 2012, 6:19 am

As far as I know we didn't tweak or mess with the font sizes. All we did was replace characters, such as | -> ... . The font display size in ONS and ONS-En is configured by the setwindow commands. Parameters 5 and 6 control the x and y size, respectively.
http://unclemion.com/onscripter/api/NSc ... #setwindow

Unread postby dwroxas » November 26th, 2012, 9:43 pm

I don't want to come off as a dick, but how do you edit the text of Tsukihime. I want to alter/edit some of the text if you wouldn't mind.
In the game that is life the last hand we are dealt is Death, but it is up to the individual to make something out of what appears to be nothing...
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » November 27th, 2012, 6:06 am

You can grab the ONS tools from UncleMion's site: http://unclemion.com/onscripter/releases/ You can use nscdec.exe to decrypt nscript.dat.

(We would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't distribute modified versions of our translation, because then our name will be stuck to work we have no control over or know nothing about. Of course you are very welcome to discuss these matters if you're interested in distributing something.)

Unread postby dwroxas » November 27th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Ok, sorry, but I'm an absolute noob at this. I read the instructions, but I don't know how to run anything on a command line. Care to give me a an explanation? Also do I just need the tools, or do I need anything else?
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » November 28th, 2012, 6:28 am

No, all you need is the tool and nscript.dat. There are hundreds (thousands?) of tutorials on how to use the command prompt, so I'm not going to rewrite one here. I would suggest a google search for 'how to use command prompt'. There are also many youtube demonstrations. Of course, I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you might encounter, but it's all very simple indeed:
c:
cd your\dir
nscdec nscript.dat 0.txt

Unread postby dwroxas » November 28th, 2012, 8:15 am

Thanks, I got it to work now!
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Tsukihime Chat