Why T_T...?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Why T_T...?

Unread postby dwroxas » October 16th, 2012, 9:55 pm

I just watched UBW the movie, and it was quite enjoyable with great battle scenes and story (haven't read the vn so my opinion is kind of one-sided). But, now I've gotten to the point where I compare it with Tsukihime's anime, and well, why does it's anime suck so much? Did they sell the rights to make the anime to the first bidder, or did they have a small budget? Your opinion on this?
In the game that is life the last hand we are dealt is Death, but it is up to the individual to make something out of what appears to be nothing...
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Re: Why T_T...?

Unread postby Message » October 17th, 2012, 5:29 am

Given that both the story and the character designs are quite different from the game, and the fact that later animations of TYPE-MOON works stayed much closer to their respective originals, I would assume that TYPE-MOON did not closely oversee the anime adaptation of Tsukihime, or influenced its production greatly.

But I don't agree that the anime sucks. It's very different from the game, so you could defend that it's a bad adaptation. But as a TV series it did quite well, at least according to the numbers on English-language websites: (82% with 3300 votes on ANN, 74% with 26000 votes on myanimelist). Its license was announced six months after airing, which was quite a normal timeframe in those days.
Also note that the anime is called Shingetsutan Tsukihime, not Tsukihime. So even though there technically is "no Tsukihime anime", and it would be extremely nice to get a more faithful adaptation, the animation stands perfectly fine on its own.

Re: Why T_T...?

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 17th, 2012, 7:05 am

Indeed and pretty much it brings up the reason why people like the Visual Novel more then that anime. Also, when people watched the so-called Tsukihime anime pretty much some fo them wanted to play the Visual Novel so that they can get a better storyline out of it. Besides the other remaining 4 story arcs along with the main story arc they were doing did end up a bit more detailed then with the anime.

Although it can't fully be compaired with the Fate series of Visual Novels since the Tsukihime Visual Novel was done before they swiched over to the kirikiri2 shell for their Visual Novels. Although hopefully they will eventually release the Tsukihime Visual Novel remake, since I'm sure it'll be a big improvement over the long years.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Tsukihime Chat