Tsukihime sequel?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime sequel?

Unread postby Masou » September 24th, 2012, 8:26 am

Whew, been a long time since I've been here. Wasn't sure if I could remember my login.

Ok so I just heard there was a sequel to the Tsukihime Manga in the form where Shiki wears a blindfold/etc and is Arcueid's protector/etc. This is supposed to be a "Visual Novel Game" (I assume similar to Melty Blood)

Can anyone give me more information on this? Naturally I'm sure it wasn't released in English, so if I purchase an Import, is there a fan-translation on the game?
There's quite a few titles for Tsukihime/melty blood, so what's the title of this "game".

Sorry for the questions, I've been out of the Type-moon loop for awhile.
I need to look around and see if Actress Again has been announced for PC yet, I no longer have a ps2 to play my ps2 copy of the game.
Masou
Might just like this board

Re: Tsukihime sequel?

Unread postby dwroxas » September 24th, 2012, 9:07 pm

That'd be Tsukihime 2, they released some stories about it, but I don't think whether they've announced them to be canon or not, and they're is not much info besides those stories; so I don't know if it'll just be a vn or a video game.
(All this above^ is posted by an idiot so please correct me if I'm wrong)
As for Melty Blood, they have Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code (it's a pc game), which mirrormoon is currently translating.
In the game that is life the last hand we are dealt is Death, but it is up to the individual to make something out of what appears to be nothing...
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 24th, 2012, 10:59 pm

Pretty much I think Tsukihime 2 is still just nothing more then a concept idea as of late.

Also, yes Actress Again Current Code is already out for the PC and mirror moon has at least a portion of it translated and have a patch for some of it now.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Masou » September 24th, 2012, 11:56 pm

Yeah I'm going to try and import MBAACC over here, thanks for that.
Can't find it on Play-asia or amazon and I don't want to pirate it. I'll keep looking

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingets ... /v07/c075/
In the comments there (click on MH comments) someone states that there's a sequel out and he blows a large part of the story.
So basically that game is just an idea and currently does not yet exist yet, is what you're saying. Am I right?
Masou

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 25th, 2012, 1:45 am

Pretty much they kind of covered this in either Talk 1 and/or Talk 2 in the Plus + Disk, if my memory serves correctly. Pretty much it's that and the teaser they did in Kagetsu Tohya as well if you picked a certain even that your class was supposed to be doing for the festival, and to actually view it.

In any case Shiki being blindfolded is when he either becomes Shikiller or Sanganjuski(spelling?) in which he defends Arc to the death, along with probablly hunting down Altrouge, Arc's imouto. In any case seeing Altrouge outside of the concept idea would be a great welcome if I do say so personally. Besides it kind of also brings into the play the other remining 27 DDAs, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Message » September 25th, 2012, 5:28 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Shikiller or Sanganjuski(spelling?)

...Satsujinki. It's Shiki written with a 'wrong' kanji. This Tsukihime 2 doesn't exist outside of rumour and hearsay, and there's been no evidence that anything of this has ever been seriously under production. TYPE-MOON is currently working on a remake of Tsukihime, or so they'd have us believe, but they never said anything about Tsukihime 2.

Unread postby Masou » September 25th, 2012, 11:42 pm

aww man.
Well they should take "donations" in good faith to go faster and to add english while they're at it ;)

I really can't get enough of tsukihime so I'd really love to see more of this. I don't mind spending extra just to import it. Hell if they saw enough of us importing it instead of those pirateers maybe one day they'd say "hey lets put it on PSN"
It won't happen but I can wish.

I heard a rumor that it was "confirmed" for western releases (MBAACC) on xbox arcade and PSN, but I could only find one article about it, and if that article was telling the truth it would have been out last month. I couldn't find the article again no matter how much I searched but it's obvious it was fake :(
Masou

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 26th, 2012, 6:50 am

Well the problem being is that Japan is kind of a Xenophobic society and pretty much would rather keep all the "good stuff" to themselves it would seem. Besides even if they were to have it done in English they would have to give it to one of the major groups that have to translate it and whathave you. Granted it might be kind of a mixed blessing if you ask me, because I prefer my Type-Moon stuff done by a group I know and trust here. Yes I'm most liekly sucking up to the mirror moon team here, but they do earn that kind of respect.

Also, even donating money for them to work on it is kind of pointless since they have more then just one project going at this time. In any case just throwing money at people won't really get them to do what is really wanted by the fans anyways.... unless you buy thier stuff of course, which in the long run will help of course.

As for the MB:AACC ported deal for either the PSN or XBox Live, I get this feeling that it'll be something along the line of what they did with Fate Unlimited Codes for the PSP, but it might be for the consoles or just for the Vita itself, I mean who knows.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Masou » September 26th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love mirror moon and the team.
And of course it's 100% understandable as to why it takes so long, but the fact is it still takes a long time for the projects to get done. Once it's complete though, they do just an awesome job.

However if a company programmed english subtitles at the time they created the game or even after I think they would do a much faster job with it, and I can't honestly imagine it costing a company that much money to add english to a game, especially at the time of creation.

However I am absolutely thankful to mirror moon, without them I'd never have gotten to play the MB games in english and knew wth was going on :P
Masou

Unread postby dwroxas » September 26th, 2012, 9:00 pm

I'm not sure if it's correct to post this here, but , do the Preludes (1-3) come before Talk or is it the other way around?
BTW, what's a 'shito'?
In the game that is life the last hand we are dealt is Death, but it is up to the individual to make something out of what appears to be nothing...
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » September 27th, 2012, 5:27 am

Talk was published as part of Plus Period in October 2004. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Talk
The Preludes were part of Character Material, published in August 2006. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Material
I don't know what the chronological order of the stories is, but I wouldn't take it so seriously - it's just some random ideas Nasu threw together.

Shito (死徒) is translated as Dead Apostle. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Twen ... _Ancestors

Kid-Wolf wrote:Well the problem being is that Japan is kind of a Xenophobic society and pretty much would rather keep all the "good stuff" to themselves it would seem.

We do not tolerate racism in these forums. Your statement is as ridiculous as it is wrong. Note that this is your one and only warning, Kid-Wolf.

Unread postby Masou » September 27th, 2012, 6:16 am

I am dying to see more Tsukihime related stuff come out, preferably Canonical though.

rawr x_x

On another note, I'm surprised but happy to see this board is still so active.
I had expected to wait a week or so before I got a response.
It's been about 6 years since I learned of Tsukihime and Melty blood, and about 5 years since I joined this board :P
Masou

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 27th, 2012, 6:38 am

Also, these boards tend to spark to life under two conditions it would seem:

1.) When the mirror moon team is working on a mojr project and people are anticpating things.

2.) When a major announcemnt of a new VN or anime comes into the mix here.

In any case we'll just have to wait on seeing when and if they release the Tsukihime remake first beofre any specualtions of Tsukihime 2 will come into play I'll bet.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby dwroxas » September 27th, 2012, 8:52 pm

Hey here's a dumb thought: if they remake the VN will they also (re)make the anime?
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Masou » September 27th, 2012, 10:00 pm

dwroxas wrote:Hey here's a dumb thought: if they remake the VN will they also (re)make the anime?

They're already remaking the anime, though I doubt they've started on it yet.
They have some pictures out for the characters though, they changed the look of a lot of characters

because I can't find any articles besides forums:
http://forum.gamerage.com/grandchase/fo ... 51207.aspx

http://junktheeater.wordpress.com/2012/ ... rt-part-2/
Masou

Unread postby Message » September 28th, 2012, 4:42 am

Masou wrote:
dwroxas wrote:Hey here's a dumb thought: if they remake the VN will they also (re)make the anime?

They're already remaking the anime, though I doubt they've started on it yet.
They have some pictures out for the characters though, they changed the look of a lot of characters

because I can't find any articles besides forums:
http://forum.gamerage.com/grandchase/fo ... 51207.aspx

http://junktheeater.wordpress.com/2012/ ... rt-part-2/

Uh yeah. If all you have to show is an obvious troll and a newspost that says nothing about a Tsukihime anime...

Please don't spread random fan-invented rumors.

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 28th, 2012, 6:55 am

For them to make a Tsukihime anime would be a warm welcome, but I'd say let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here, and just wait and see what happens after they do the Tsukihime VN remake. Afterall the remake might either make or break the idea anyways, and who knows they just might do a MeltyBlood anime instead just for the heck of it.

So for now all we can do until things happen is just sit back, wait and speculate as to what will happen down the road.

In any case there might be mostly talk about the Tsukihime remake, along with what other projects they have in store for the Fate series along with other various projects as well.

Still I'm now wondering if the Sound Novel Witch on the Holy Night is released as of yet, and if so I'm kind of wondering who would be up for the translation of that you know.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Masou » September 28th, 2012, 9:01 am

Message wrote:Uh yeah. If all you have to show is an obvious troll and a newspost that says nothing about a Tsukihime anime...

Please don't spread random fan-invented rumors.

Maybe it is a rumor, but as I can't read japanese I have to rely on several different articles and Forum posts I've found online.
If all of those forum posts, and the couple of articles I've found are lying (though they all linked to the same or similar japanese web pages, so I could only assume) then I apologize for the "misdirection"

They mention Tsukihime remake in the 2nd link I posted, but in retrospect it probably could have been talking about the Tsukihime game Remake that's rumored. My mistake.
Masou

Unread postby dwroxas » September 28th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Does my post count as a rumor? I thought it was a question.
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 28th, 2012, 4:20 pm

dwroxas wrote:Does my post count as a rumor? I thought it was a question.

I think yours was just a clairifaction of the rumors that you've heard about along with the concept idea of the so-called second game.

Anyways if they didn't do the Fate series they could of had the chance to do the second Tsukihime Visual Novel, but that will forever be a wild specualtion there.
Kid-Wolf

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat