Time

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Time

Unread postby animefanrk2k » March 9th, 2007, 7:09 pm

Well, this is just an observation and a curiosity on my part.

I noticed that when I play Tsukihime, it's in the dead of night when there are no other sounds that I hear around me, both inside my place and out. I'm not sure if it's just one major coincidence, or something in my brain tells me that it's 'Tsukihime-time'.

I was just wondering if others had a sort of 'Tsukihime-time' too and for those who don't, if it's more enjoyable playing it at night and stuff.
animefanrk2k
Addict

Unread postby Message » March 9th, 2007, 7:27 pm

I play good VNs on the big screen, but seeing as it's only 650 lumen over a 4x3 screen of 120" (or rather not seeing depending on the time of day, which is the actual problem), I only play when it's dark. So in winter after six, in summer after eight or nine. I played Tsukihime only when it was really dark, say 22:00 to 05:00, for a number of nights in a row.

Unread postby marus » March 9th, 2007, 11:22 pm

I usually prefer to do any kind of reading or gaming at night, since that's when I'm least likely to get distracted. It kinda kills the mood when I'm in the middle of a heart wrenching scene, then my sister barges in asking if she can borrow my mp3 thingy.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TakaJun » March 9th, 2007, 11:46 pm

When I first played it, I played through it night and day...
But yeah, Tsukihime is a good night-time game like other horrors like Higurashi. (That's how I played it my second time through)

Now, if anybody barges in while I'm playing a "game"... I'll be in deep shit.
Hey, at least Tsukihime doesn't have voice to make you worry during "some" scenes :D
TakaJun

Unread postby Dtrini » March 10th, 2007, 12:56 am

i played in the night also. felt more natural .i do the same with anime i watch it in the night only. first time i played i played more than 11 hours straight . silly me trying to finish arcueid route in one shot . isnt there locks on the doors? i enjoyed everything in all its glory distraction free.

would be nice to know about how long does tsukihime takes to complete ?
Dtrini
Addict

Unread postby animefanrk2k » March 10th, 2007, 5:02 am

Hmm... I've watched anime during the daytime, but Tsukihime always was a nighttime event for me. XD

I never thought about the distractions. Truth is, I'm very good at ignoring them. XD
animefanrk2k
Addict

Unread postby Hyperbeast » March 10th, 2007, 7:12 pm

Well when I first play most VNs I tend to play them for far more hours than healthy the first day, then I moderate a bit more. Moderating typically means playing them through my sleeping time and sleeping during class >.>

Basically when I get a VN now I play whenever I have free time, which usually is at night as after the first day I end up going to sleep as soon as I get home and having several hours before my classes start.

But I do prefer playing at night, as it's much less distracting. My mother and brother are both very loud, my brother especially as he constantly plays music at about 60 decibels in a room 2 doors away. At night it's dark, it's silent, and there's typically nothing else to distract me. With that in mind, it's opportune for me as I can focus properly and become totally emesserd in the game.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby puKKa » March 11th, 2007, 5:00 pm

I hate to play when I can get disturbed and since I still live at my parents house I only tend to play around 23:00-0300.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby miszou » March 12th, 2007, 2:46 am

I always play at night, since then I actually got time :] but the atmosphere is indeed nicer then ^^ The only problem is forgetting to go to bed, since the story is often hard to get away from, leaving me too tired to get up for work ^^;;
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » March 13th, 2007, 6:44 am

hmm...you know...i dunno if it's a coincidence or not...but we're all playing hentai games at night. it feels creepy just realizing this.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » March 13th, 2007, 7:10 am

I still think it is because at night people have time to play games, in the day people work and/or go to school :]

also at night you have a quiet to time to yourself, no people will disturb you, zo natural you feel at night is a good time to do some excessive gaming. Also it is good to relax before sleeping, so gaming, reading (which mix together in visual novel games) are perfect activities before sleep ^^

I also feel during the day that I could do other things, which are impossible during the night, usually at night there is nothing else to do then commence to your hobby, so if that hobby is gaming, well, then you game at night ^^

a last thing, gamers are usually crowd that don't sleep to early and have most free time during the night, so it is not a coincidence I think :] people just game at night ^^ Especially multiplayer gaming can only be done good at night, as it is the only time everyone has free time :]
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Return to Tsukihime Chat