Alternative Soundtrack for Tsukihime

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Alternative Soundtrack for Tsukihime

Unread postby Dunpeal » March 8th, 2007, 2:07 am

I know there is another topic like this one but the topic title is a little too specific...
Well after playing Tsukihime for a while I really noticed the really boring soundtrack so I've decided to put up another compilation for it...
Consisting of only original soundtracks from the OST CD's and some from the game itself giving those who watched the anime first (like myself) a better reference ;)

The titles in brackets are the titles from the OST CD's.
Titles from 4-5 are original soundtracks from the game.

1. Dusk (Moonlit Archives)
2. Destiny (Moonlit Archives)
3. Quarter Moon (Moonlit Memoirs)
6. Haunting (Moonlit Archives)
7. Bokyou (Ever After)
8. Wounds (Moonlit Archives)
9. Prayer (Moonlit Archives)
10. End of Transmigration + Justice (Moonlit Archives)

Note: I haven't gone through all the endings so I can't really say if it fits completely but so far it's sounds good to me.

Feel free to put your recommendations into this topic instead of making a new one.
Dunpeal
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby puKKa » March 11th, 2007, 5:27 pm

I thought about doing this kind of soundtrack once but I'm too laze to do it so I'll just comment on yours instead ^^

The tracks that I find missfitting are:

*Track 02: The second track is absolutly wrong in my opinion. This is supposed to be a fairly easy-going track and Destiny is FAR too emotion heavy.

*Track 08: The Wounds track from Shingetsutan is very good but I could NEVER see my precious EA track be removed. It's one of the tracks that really feels..

*Track 09: Pretty much the same as with Track 08 except I maybe could like it in Arc route.

*Track 10: The ED is only 1:48 if I remember correctly. Which means You should only have time for one of the second track. Though this might look different with the extra credits for the translations though Justice will not do very good there.
    The EA version is my favourite, it's very nice for reflecting on the story after finishing the route. It just fits very well.

I pretty much only play the game with the EA tracks since I'm very found of them. The only track that I have trouble to choose what to use is Track 05. Though I'm using the EA one since I'm more used to hearing it ^__^

Otherwise it looks pretty ok. Maybe go around the shingetsutan osts one more time to check for more fitting ones.

good job ^__^
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby md » April 2nd, 2007, 12:25 am

track05--dueling banjos.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby asceai » April 10th, 2007, 11:35 am

For fun, replace them with tracks from Fate/stay Night's bgm.xp3. Here's my suggestions:

track01 - bgm06
track02 - bgm42
track03 - bgm05
track04 - bgm11
track05 - bgm33 (not really a close match, but what the hell)
track06 - bgm25
track07 - bgm46
track08 - bgm16
track09 - bgm18
track10 - bgm41

On second thoughts, you probably don't want to do that =p

*Track 08: The Wounds track from Shingetsutan is very good but I could NEVER see my precious EA track be removed. It's one of the tracks that really feels..

That's kinda funny, because, IIRC, that track is almost exactly the same as the Track08 in the original Tsukihime (just higher quality) =p (as opposed to the other Ever After tracks, which are generally quite different, except for track10)
asceai
Addict

Unread postby puKKa » April 10th, 2007, 10:33 pm

asceai wrote:

That's kinda funny, because, IIRC, that track is almost exactly the same as the Track08 in the original Tsukihime (just higher quality) =p (as opposed to the other Ever After tracks, which are generally quite different, except for track10)

it is, but the Wounds track from Shingetsutan is alot different. And the EA tracks arnt that much different from the original, mostly you can recognize melodies and tunes from the original in the remakes easily.

Track 10 of the EA track is the one that is the only one that differes alot form the originals.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Re: Alternative Soundtrack for Tsukihime

Unread postby rhosangjin » April 18th, 2007, 4:18 pm

Dunpeal wrote:I know there is another topic like this one but the topic title is a little too specific...
Well after playing Tsukihime for a while I really noticed the really boring soundtrack so I've decided to put up another compilation for it...
Consisting of only original soundtracks from the OST CD's and some from the game itself giving those who watched the anime first (like myself) a better reference ;)

The titles in brackets are the titles from the OST CD's.
Titles from 4-5 are original soundtracks from the game.

1. Dusk (Moonlit Archives)
2. Destiny (Moonlit Archives)
3. Quarter Moon (Moonlit Memoirs)
6. Haunting (Moonlit Archives)
7. Bokyou (Ever After)
8. Wounds (Moonlit Archives)
9. Prayer (Moonlit Archives)
10. End of Transmigration + Justice (Moonlit Archives)

Note: I haven't gone through all the endings so I can't really say if it fits completely but so far it's sounds good to me.

Feel free to put your recommendations into this topic instead of making a new one.

DUDE! OMFG, this is almost the exact same thing I did for Tsukihime because I was getting annoyed by the original soundtrack. I listened through the entire anime OST and collected the songs that were similar or created a similar "mood" and I just renamed the files so they would fit the game mp3 files. I also got music files from other anime that fit better. For example, the calmer, ligher-mood songs, I got some from the Kareshi no Kanojo no Jijyou OST. Shiro Sagisu's work, they fit in quite well. But yeh, unless you're a hardcore fan that wants the original experience, I recommend doing this. Honestly, it created a better "atmosphere" as I played it with these songs. It's funny how the songs you listed were almost the exact same songs I chose, in order, even though I did it entirely out of my personal choices. ^^;;
Last edited by rhosangjin on April 19th, 2007, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhosangjin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby aldeayeah » April 19th, 2007, 3:12 pm

Mine's a weird mix. In a nutshell: Guilty Gear music for those tense moments, AIR for the emotive stuff and Fate/stay night trance remixes for the rest. Plus two doujin covers by CROW'SCLAW.

• 01. Unforgettable (Fate/another score)
    First chill-out trance piece.
  • 02. Natsukage (AIR OST)
    I just happen to love this song. So peaceful.
  • 03. Elegance (GGXX The Midnight Carnival)
    A bit too rocking, but...
  • 04. The Midnight Carnival (GGXX The Midnight Carnival)
    It gives the right feeling for those few gruesome scenes in which it sounds.
  • 05. Parting (CROW'SCLAW 17 bunkatsu)
    More trance remixes for those juicy eroscenes!
  • 06. Feel a Fear (GGXX The Midnight Carnival)
    Because Nero is cool.
    (There's a running joke among my friends, who associate Nrvnqsr's incarnation in Melty Blood to Zato/Eddie from Guilty Gear)
  • 07. Gin'iro (AIR OST)
    Makes me want to cry...
  • 08. Spiral Ladder (Fate/sound remixes 'Fragments')
    Epic trance version of Caren's theme.
  • 09. Awe of She (GGX Hard Rock Tracks)
    This is the version with the choir in the beginning...
  • 10. Liquor Bar and Drunkard (GGXX The Midnight Carnival)
    A rocking finale, just like the original Tsukihime.

...Now I'm thinking of putting together another soundtrack using only Final Fantasy covers (Black Mages and whatnot).
aldeayeah
Might just like this board

Unread postby rhosangjin » April 19th, 2007, 8:09 pm

I posted my last comment, and this one too, while I was/am in the school library, I'll post the tracks I have when I get back home to my laptop.
rhosangjin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Z13LAZARUS » April 29th, 2007, 6:26 am

Im watching this youtube video, and its using some sort of Violin remix of the game's music (track 9):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNScHUVQrOY

Can anyone ID this?
Z13LAZARUS
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby aldeayeah » April 29th, 2007, 10:31 am

Z13LAZARUS wrote:Im watching this youtube video, and its using some sort of Violin remix of the game's music (track 9):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNScHUVQrOY

Can anyone ID this?

That's track 9 (月下 - Under the Moon) from Ever After - Music from Tsukihime Reproduction.
aldeayeah
Might just like this board

Unread postby Z13LAZARUS » April 29th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Thanks
Z13LAZARUS
Totally hardly posted

Re: Alternative Soundtrack for Tsukihime

Unread postby Agentomega » August 14th, 2012, 1:44 am

For track 4, I decided that Tetsuo from AKIRA would go very nicely, and am trimming it down starting about 3:28 to 6:04 and then looping back to about 3~ish for a bridge.
Agentomega
Totally hardly posted

Return to Tsukihime Chat