Noob quiestion

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Noob quiestion

Unread postby Jumpyshoes » February 18th, 2007, 7:48 pm

I'm a total noob and have a stupid question. Do you have to get the ending in a certian order (like getting Arcuied first)?
Jumpyshoes
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Elric of Grans » February 18th, 2007, 9:47 pm

You have to get Arcueid or Ciel to unlock Akiha and Hisui, and you have to complete Hisui to unlock Kohaku, but other than that you are free to do them in any order. I would personally recommend Arcueid and Ciel, then Akiha and Hisui --- I feel the story works best to do the Near Side first, then leave Kohaku for last of all.
Elric of Grans
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Jumpyshoes » February 18th, 2007, 10:33 pm

Thank you. Now I can play the game correctly.
Jumpyshoes
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby miszou » February 19th, 2007, 3:23 am

can you end the game with two characters rather than one? Since you say 'and'. Sorry, I'm also pretty new to this type of game :]
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Question » February 19th, 2007, 6:41 am

This isnt those types of games. Basically each route only has one love interest for Shiki, and there are 2 endings for each route except Kohaku's.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby miszou » February 19th, 2007, 8:05 am

ah, I think I already know what he means, looking at how the game is constructed and seeing what arcueid and ciel, en hisui and akiha have in common, I think I know what he means.

Maybe a question I shouldn't be asking, so feel free not to answer, at least not here since it might spoil something. But I was curious, since the story really gets me, I have trouble with stop playing it ^^;; I was wondering, how much of the game is left if you finish one route (lets say the arcueid route) since time really flies when playing, I'm still praying that there is so much left :]

edit: a and another question (soooorrrrryyyy) you said two endings, is that bad and good ending? or more like, one type of good ending and another type of good ending? Or more like, one ending you like a lot better than the otehert ending? Or maybe just two ending so you can play again. What I mean to ask, are the ending significantly different? Like I said, I have not much experience with these games before. I'm very likely to just keep playing untill I found every screen and text in the game, but I also like to learn to comprehend this type of game, since I really like it :]

edit2: Ohw is there a way to go faster to the next choice? I screwed up at one point and the last save game was just after that point, so I had to load a very old save game, and it took some time by pressing "go to next choice" option from the menu. I don't think it can go faster, since the option is already there, but maybe someone has something :]
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » February 19th, 2007, 8:46 am

Assuming you are playing Tsukihime English, I suggest you read the readme before asking questions. It's what it's there for. Also I refer you to the flowchart if you want to know in detail the structure of the game. You will see that there are many bad endings and only two 'real' endings which are both quite different (the exception being Kohaku with only one real end). Whether they are good or bad is up to you to decide.

As for playing length, you will find that the back routes are just as long as the front routes, but there are differences between characters. Kohaku is shorter than Akiha, for example.

Unread postby Blue Gunner » February 19th, 2007, 9:45 am

All the routes are markedly different, and so it is as if you are playing a different game each time. The Near Side routes and the Far Side routes share Side-specific plot points, but in general they differ quite a lot (or at least, I thought they did). And as Message said, there are two endings for each, Good and True, although Kohaku only has a True ending.
Improve your vocab and feed people in need: http://www.freerice.com
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby miszou » February 19th, 2007, 2:34 pm

thanks, I think I'm understanding everything now ^___^ it really explained all :] I did read the readme, but I just like to make some things clear, since the read me didn't answer this question exactly. I know about the flow chart, but looking at it spoils playing the game a lot I think, since you can see what options to choose, in this case I just wanted to know about there being two endings, since it means I have to go for the same character again, I don't want to miss out ^^ I just finished my first route (arcueids true ending) and I cried ;__; (anyone else cried at this point? ^^;;)

But thanks a lot for taking away my doubts, now I know I should also look for the other ending with the same character and not just concentrate on the other characters :] thanks all ^___^ and thanks again for the crew for making everything readable you did a pretty good job!!! respect :]
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » February 19th, 2007, 5:51 pm

Actually if you'd look at the flowchart you would see that you should not play any route twice: the two endings differ by only one choice. The endings told are very different, but the route up to the ending is identical.

Unread postby miszou » February 20th, 2007, 4:35 am

yeah I know now :] it is explained after you finish either route. Sorry to have asked these thing, you all have something better to do then answer obvious thing ^^

I finished arcueid with both endings so I got a better understanding of it now. I also understand that it is a good idea to save before making the question, which I forgot a lot of times ^^;;
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Elvendagger » June 11th, 2007, 9:21 am

I looked all over the Tsukihime chat pages.. didn't find an answer.. What do u have to do to get the eclipse epilogue.. Just get all the endings or also do them in a certain order?
Elvendagger
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » June 11th, 2007, 4:58 pm

You simply have to get all the endings. Check your ending list to see which ones you are missing.

Unread postby Elvendagger » June 11th, 2007, 5:50 pm

So the order doesn't matter, then? :)
Elvendagger
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » June 11th, 2007, 8:00 pm

Nope. You just have to get them all. There is just an advised ending order for story context according to the walkthrough, I believe.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Elvendagger » June 11th, 2007, 8:18 pm

I got it... Well then thx for ur help guys :D
Elvendagger
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby JimmyT64 » September 10th, 2007, 1:20 pm

Actually, I played it through Arc - Akiha - Ciel - Hisui - Kohaku.

Gives the most freshness to the shared parts, so with scenes that were almost (but not quite) repeats of things I'd done before, I had plenty of time to forget details. Though it might be slightly better to swap Akiha and Hisui in that case....
Tsukihime drinking game. 1. Every time a word or a phrase is repeated 3 or more times, take a drink (eg. This chair).
2. Every time Shiki claims not to understand something already explained, take a drink
3. Every time Shiki doesn't realize someone is hitting on him, take a drink.
4. Every time someone who should be dead, isn't, take a drink.
5. Every time Shiki does something ridiculous with points\lines.
JimmyT64
Might just like this board

Return to Tsukihime Chat