What's the 'official' ending in Tsukihime?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

What's the 'official' ending in Tsukihime?

Unread postby potaatti » January 18th, 2007, 3:19 pm

I have been wondering what is the 'official' ending in Tsukihime, or if there is one at all. And as half of the endings are named True endings, would it mean that they are more 'official' than the Good endings?
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » January 18th, 2007, 5:04 pm

All True Endings can be considered to be the kanon ending for that character, but the only real ending of Tsukihime as a whole is the Kohaku ending together with the Eclipse epilogue. As stated in the readme, the official order of the routes is Arcueid, Ciel, Akiha, Hisui, Kohaku.

Unread postby Question » January 19th, 2007, 2:59 am

The official ending seems to be arcueid's true ending, all the tsukihime side materials seems to be following the route where arcueid goes to sleep and shiki becomes a uber killer for her.

But i think we need to wait for tsukihime 2 to be sure.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » January 19th, 2007, 5:33 am

The Satsujinki stories are a gag from the creators - in one of Ciel's lessons she coins the name in an attempt to lay claim on Shiki against Ciel (translated as Shikiller). It's not an official storyline at all if you take Tsukihime itself to be kanon.

Unread postby Question » January 19th, 2007, 8:02 am

Nasu might have decided to make it a reality though.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby potaatti » January 19th, 2007, 1:24 pm

Message wrote:All True Endings can be considered to be the kanon ending for that character, but the only real ending of Tsukihime as a whole is the Kohaku ending together with the Eclipse epilogue. As stated in the readme, the official order of the routes is Arcueid, Ciel, Akiha, Hisui, Kohaku.

Hmm.. so the Good/Normal endings aren't considered 'canon'?

Question wrote:Nasu might have decided to make it a reality though.

Has he said or indicated that they are official? I mean, there are other material (like Kagetsu Toya or Melty Blood) that are based on other endings, so I dunno if it's reasonable to just assume that those side materials are canon, especially if they are a gag.
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » January 19th, 2007, 4:35 pm

potaatti wrote:Hmm.. so the Good/Normal endings aren't considered 'canon'?

Kanon, canon, I dunno. But in the end it just depends on how you view it, even the good endings can be considered real. They're part of the game, after all.

Unread postby Question » January 20th, 2007, 10:29 am

Kagetsu Tohya/Melty blood use arcueid's good ending/Sacchin's true(i think) ending respectively. However all those side stories all use arcueid's true ending.....IMHO thats the most likely canon ending.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby potaatti » January 20th, 2007, 11:17 am

So the authors haven't said which is the official ending? Wouldn't it then mean that all the endings are as official until they tell which one is official or a sequel is made (or those side materials you are referring to are made official)? :?
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » January 20th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Question wrote:Kagetsu Tohya/Melty blood use arcueid's good ending/Sacchin's true(i think) ending respectively. However all those side stories all use arcueid's true ending.....IMHO thats the most likely canon ending.

Uhhh, you might want to check your sources on that. KT uses various endings from Tsukihime and there is even no such thing as a Satsuki route...

Unread postby Dtrini » January 21st, 2007, 12:27 am

if there was an offical ending wouldnt the other ending lose there value?
Dtrini
Addict

Unread postby Question » January 21st, 2007, 9:02 am

Its been mentioned countless times that melty blood supposedly uses one of satsuki's endings.....was probably taken from an interview or something. Try asking on beast lair.

Technically kagetsu tohya DOES use multiple endings, but the start of the game where shiki goes to meet arcueid clearly follows arcueid's good endings. The other side stories, etc where akiha is waiting for shiki, all happen while shiki is in ren's dream world, where its all messed up(cough tohno family con game cough).
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Jinnai » January 21st, 2007, 9:05 pm

Probably split parallel universes. Thus making all endings real endings, but only certain ones that are followed up with.
Jinnai
Might just like this board

Unread postby puKKa » January 22nd, 2007, 11:43 am

Concidering that Shingetsutan Tsukihime used the Arc True ending it's not too far off to say it's the official one..
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby potaatti » January 23rd, 2007, 3:11 pm

puKKa wrote:Concidering that Shingetsutan Tsukihime used the Arc True ending it's not too far off to say it's the official one..

Hmm.. I guess that might be true. Well, dang, I didn't particularly like the True ending.
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby puKKa » January 24th, 2007, 11:47 am

potaatti wrote:
puKKa wrote:Concidering that Shingetsutan Tsukihime used the Arc True ending it's not too far off to say it's the official one..

Hmm.. I guess that might be true. Well, dang, I didn't particularly like the True ending.

I loved it ^___^

<33 angst -__-;

reminds me of akihas endings... nnya~... :((
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Jinnai » January 24th, 2007, 1:35 pm

potaatti wrote:
Until they come out with an a Tsukihime 2 game or Tyoe-Moon announces that one of them is (unlikely at this point) that takes place following one of the endings, as said before, any of the endings can be seen as real because the various other offshoots use different endings.

puKKa's statement is just as valid as those citing Kagetsu Tohya or Melty Blood, for that manner, people who just want to believe whatever. In fact, the use of multiple endings that are used with various offshoots from the game supports my theory atleast, but my idea is just a theory and has no more credence to it than anyone else.
Jinnai
Might just like this board

Unread postby potaatti » January 26th, 2007, 2:00 pm

Jinnai wrote:Until they come out with an a Tsukihime 2 game or Tyoe-Moon announces that one of them is (unlikely at this point) that takes place following one of the endings, as said before, any of the endings can be seen as real because the various other offshoots use different endings.

puKKa's statement is just as valid as those citing Kagetsu Tohya or Melty Blood, for that manner, people who just want to believe whatever. In fact, the use of multiple endings that are used with various offshoots from the game supports my theory atleast, but my idea is just a theory and has no more credence to it than anyone else.

Well, that's a good point..

I guess there's no single official ending, then..
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby miszou » February 26th, 2007, 3:48 am

sorry for the grave digging of an old topic :]

I just had one more thing to say on this, since it was not yet said here. The true ending of Arcueid is actually called 'tsukihime' right? So since it has the name of the game, I think it can be considered the main ending maybe. I think the game might have been created around this story, expanding it.

But of course this does not claim the ending to be an official one. Since all stories lines show different things, i think at least all story lines can considered true in its own ways. As long as there is no official word on it, people can just take there favorite ending as their own official :P
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby serialies » November 14th, 2007, 9:47 am

im even more confused...is len a canon char in melty blood or is the arcade mini stories all random stuff
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat