What's the 'official' ending in Tsukihime?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Silverman » November 14th, 2007, 11:59 pm

I personally consider Arcueid's Good End as the cannon since it is stated in Melty Blood that Shiki and Arcueid are lovers.
And Kagestu Tohya, I think Arcueid is with Shiki, too since Len is there and Len is Arcueid's familiar.
Silverman
Addict

Unread postby Shikiller » November 15th, 2007, 6:41 am

Stop the nonsense lol, all the ending are equally canon, the first part part of KT that hints that Shiki and Arc are lover is part of the dream,in MB Sion thinks that Shiki and arc are lovers but he denies it,and the scenario writer said that MB follow the non released Satsuki normal end of Tsukihime,but that would not make that route as the real canon one if it were released.and in the same way the Satsujinki sidestories does not make the Arc route the canon one,or the KT akiha's sidestory does not make the Akiha's end the canon one either.The world of tsukihime and FSN is part of a multiparalel universe(you will see more of this in FSN),making all the outcomes possible.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby JimmyT64 » November 15th, 2007, 10:14 am

I think a better title for this thread would be "Which ending do you think Tsukihime 2 should be made from?"

One thing that can be said is that, according to Kagetsu Tohya, the normal Akiha endings are NOT canon - at the end, after you escape the dream, you see Akiha, acting perfectly non-catatonic.

Then again, KT is a fun disc, so you can't really say anything derived from that means anything.
Tsukihime drinking game. 1. Every time a word or a phrase is repeated 3 or more times, take a drink (eg. This chair).
2. Every time Shiki claims not to understand something already explained, take a drink
3. Every time Shiki doesn't realize someone is hitting on him, take a drink.
4. Every time someone who should be dead, isn't, take a drink.
5. Every time Shiki does something ridiculous with points\lines.
JimmyT64
Might just like this board

Unread postby Einherjar » November 15th, 2007, 1:54 pm

JimmyT64 wrote:I think a better title for this thread would be "Which ending do you think Tsukihime 2 should be made from?"

One thing that can be said is that, according to Kagetsu Tohya, the normal Akiha endings are NOT canon - at the end, after you escape the dream, you see Akiha, acting perfectly non-catatonic.

Then again, KT is a fun disc, so you can't really say anything derived from that means anything.

Arc's good would probably be the one. Then again, there's always Satsuki's, or so people say.

OFF TOPIC: You updated you sig JimmyT64. I really thought that 2 is more than enough Lethal, but now if anybody play this game they're surely die in < 1 hour.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Rufus » November 16th, 2007, 7:19 am

If they do make Tsukihime 2 (and it's still in ero-game form) then it's probably going to be some mishmash between Arc and Ciel's good endings since Roa and Nero are dead, Shiki's haxx are off the chart, Akiha and the Maids are alive and well and by not sticking to either path, Shiki is still a pimp.

Of course if it's just going to be a plain old visual novel, it's probably going to be Arc good end.
Rufus
Might just like this board

Unread postby Silverman » November 17th, 2007, 1:04 am

Shikiller wrote:in MB Sion thinks that Shiki and arc are lovers but he denies it

He did not deny the relationship between him and Arcueid.
Silverman
Addict

Unread postby Raven » November 19th, 2007, 8:18 am

Hum, isn't it official stated by TYPE-MOON that the Arcueid's true ending is the cannon one?

I think they made it clear that if there is an official sequences (I assume they're talking about the anime) it will be a direct continuation of Arcuied's true ending.

Of course this will only concern people who only follow the anime, for game they can just spin-off as much as they want so which one is the cannon ending doesn't really matter much. :P
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kansho » November 25th, 2007, 1:55 am

Raven wrote:Hum, isn't it official stated by TYPE-MOON that the Arcueid's true ending is the cannon one?

I think they made it clear that if there is an official sequences (I assume they're talking about the anime) it will be a direct continuation of Arcuied's true ending.

Of course this will only concern people who only follow the anime, for game they can just spin-off as much as they want so which one is the cannon ending doesn't really matter much. :P
I think that all the endings are "canon"... Multi-dimensional refraction/Zelretch/Kaleido you know?

Only are different possibilities/timelines.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » November 25th, 2007, 3:52 am

Kansho wrote:
Raven wrote:Hum, isn't it official stated by TYPE-MOON that the Arcueid's true ending is the cannon one?

I think that all the endings are "canon"... Multi-dimensional refraction/Zelretch/Kaleido you know?

Only are different possibilities/timelines.

I guess. F/sn spoiler:
Only if Saber can be saved in Fate route somehow...
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby serialies » December 3rd, 2007, 2:20 am

maybe nasu has something real wicked im mind...making all the routes canon :O (i can think if many ways it could happen)
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » December 3rd, 2007, 7:11 am

Einherjar wrote:I guess. F/sn spoiler:
Only if Saber can be saved in Fate route somehow...

Ahh! A F/SN spoiler in a Tsukihime thread! I thought it was candy! ><

Well I think the true ending is a mix of different endings, basically carried out into MB. There's definitely no distinct route that MB followed, or if they did it would've been the Tsukihime anime-style ending, rather than any of the routes from the game.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » December 15th, 2007, 11:48 am

pukka wrote:Concidering that Shingetsutan Tsukihime used the Arc True ending it's not too far off to say it's the official one..

Hmm.. is that true? if we take that as comparison, then Saber's true(only) ending in FSN is the canon one, isn't it? But from what i know, Heaven's Feel is the most canonical ending for FSN, as it is the base for FHA.. still, i could be wrong.

Since this thread is about ending, i think it's okay for me to say this here, and sorry if someone already pointed this fact... I just done played Arcueid's route and while i'm VERY impressed by the game, i still feel iffy about the difference between the good and true ending. I mean, after all the heavy and sad goodbye in the true ending and in the anime, the truth is, it will only took one month for Arc to regain her power and completely seal her vampiric urge??!! Why should there even be a goodbye?! She could just pop up in the true ending and said, "wait one month... I'll be back." Or maybe the good end is the one forced for the sake of fans's demand while in reality she really can't go back anymore...

Any comment people?!

Sorry for ranting here...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby serialies » December 16th, 2007, 1:43 am

well to be honest, i dont see any of the normal or good endings as canon...they more emotional based fan-service.

so seeing as for me true endings are the only legit:

the good ending was just fan service (even though tsukihime was release w/o any fans...>_>)
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DunBanMe » December 18th, 2007, 5:48 pm

Well, i agree with Kansho's theory, the existence of kaleidoscope magic only means that the TM-verse is composed of alternate realities, and likewise every ending should be treated as cannon.

and btw, the anime used a mixed arc of Arcueid/Akiha
In Arc's arc, shiki never knew about akiha's inversion impulse (at least in the decisions/route i took in the game)
In Akiha's arc, shiki never fought against Nrvnqsr
and both things happened in the anime, anyway, it can still be considered cannon => Alternate Realities Univerese = EVERYTHING CAN HAPPEN, so keep enjoying Arcueid good ending =)

P.D: I apologize for my weird english
DunBanMe
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raven » December 24th, 2007, 8:44 pm

Well, I don't know.

But both Melty Blood and Kagetsu Tohya seem to follow Arcueid's happy ending for the most part.

We don't know which one is the cannon, but it's safe to say this ending is definitely not out of the loop no matter what'll happen.
Raven
Crack Desu!

i think i have it

Unread postby animefanzmg » December 31st, 2007, 7:28 am

i have a theory...
theory #1
SHIKI had a twin that Was mentally connected to the other SHIKI (like shiki was in the maids routes except stronger)and was ignored by makihisa because he was essentially a vegitable and was put in a hospital.

this means that akiha plunders the true (the one who actually stabed shiki) SHIKI-roa without anyone else needing to know and gets her neato color changing hair and her new badass attitude, after and roa's essence transfers to the Farside SHIKI and roas power and nature manifests itself stronger in him because he was basically a blank slate with SHIKI's memories. and Shiki goes along with Arcs good ending to fight the other SHIKI-roa.

this also explains the different physical form of each SHIKI
i think this makes either route possible in the same universe. and from what i know about melty blood and the non dream/extra part of kagetsu tohya make them cannon (also the akiha inversion impulse in the anime)

anybody know if this is actually plausible via the days when does akiha Plunder Nearside SHIKI and when is the time when you can be killed by farside SHIKI in the school. or some earlier connecting point i dont know about.

arcs good ending works the best for this.
animefanzmg
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Superflonic » January 1st, 2008, 12:51 pm

Wait, what?
Aren't Sacchin and Yumizuka all the same?
I mean, I google'd for both names, and pretty much the same picture pops up.

I'm missing something, aren't I? :oops:
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sobzob » January 1st, 2008, 1:03 pm

Superflonic wrote:Wait, what?
Aren't Sacchin and Yumizuka all the same?
I mean, I google'd for both names, and pretty much the same picture pops up.

I'm missing something, aren't I? :oops:

Sacchin is a nickname for Satsuki. I believe it was something about being easier to type than Satsuki-chan.
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 2nd, 2008, 2:42 am

Yeah, that's all there is to it. -chin is just a honorific used to give a 'cute' effect, which in this case gives a better effect than -chan and instead of Sat-chin, it's slightly easier to call her Sacchin instead.

Well that's the normal case anyway, there might've been some incident that made the nickname as well, but I wouldn't know.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » January 2nd, 2008, 8:04 am

-[J1N]- wrote:Well that's the normal case anyway, there might've been some incident that made the nickname as well, but I wouldn't know.

Thank you (:
I kind of felt like a newbie over there.
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Previous

Return to Tsukihime Chat